paul e has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) paul e has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) paul e has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) paul e has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) paul e has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) paul e has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) paul e has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) paul e has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) paul e has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) paul e has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) paul e has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Testicular atrophy from DHEA?

Has anyone experienced testicular atrophy from taking DHEA? The 'boys' are looking a little small lately, and Im beginning to wonder.. before you laugh, I just did a net search, and according to a doctor who answered a similar question, its not at all impossible that this could occur. I just dont know how common it is.

Quote:

"DHEA is secreted by the adrenal glands, and is the precursor for the synthesis of over 50 additional hormones, including estrogen and testosterone. DHEA has also been shown to stimulate the production of insulin growth factor-1 (IGF-1), a hormone which stimulates anabolic metabolism, accelerates muscle growth, improves insulin sensitivity, and enhances energy production.

Since it is a precursor to testosterone, it can be expceted that that it can lead to the side effects of increased testosterone.

If you are considering taking DHEA, you may want to consider obtaining serial total testosterone levels to ensure you are not experiencing any untoward side effects.

Followup with your personal physician is essential.

This answer is not intended as and does not substitute for medical advice - the information presented is for patient education only. Please see your personal physician for further evaluation of your individual case.

Thanks,"
    Paul E

Smart_Muscle has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    oh yeeaaahhh, three of my balls shrank up and fell of AGES ago...

Krzna is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Krzna is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Krzna is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Krzna is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Krzna is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Krzna is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Krzna is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Krzna is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Krzna is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Krzna is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Krzna is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Your boys shrunk due to AAS or ph/ps use?
    Proudly Sponsored by BETTER BODY SPORTS!
    Trained by IFBB PRO FAKHRI MUBARAK.

Krzna is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Krzna is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Krzna is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Krzna is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Krzna is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Krzna is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Krzna is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Krzna is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Krzna is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Krzna is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Krzna is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Smart_Muscle
    stfu troll!
    Proudly Sponsored by BETTER BODY SPORTS!
    Trained by IFBB PRO FAKHRI MUBARAK.

Smart_Muscle has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by Krzna
    stfu troll!
    lol

paul e has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) paul e has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) paul e has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) paul e has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) paul e has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) paul e has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) paul e has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) paul e has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) paul e has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) paul e has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) paul e has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Smart_Muscle

Cute... what are you.. a comedian? I guess the smart muscle isnt the one sitting on top of your neck.. it was a serious question, moron...
    Paul E

krazykarl is just really nice. (+1000) krazykarl is just really nice. (+1000) krazykarl is just really nice. (+1000) krazykarl is just really nice. (+1000) krazykarl is just really nice. (+1000) krazykarl is just really nice. (+1000) krazykarl is just really nice. (+1000) krazykarl is just really nice. (+1000) krazykarl is just really nice. (+1000) krazykarl is just really nice. (+1000) krazykarl is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by paul e
    Has anyone experienced testicular atrophy from taking DHEA? The 'boys' are looking a little small lately, and Im beginning to wonder.. before you laugh, I just did a net search, and according to a doctor who answered a similar question, its not at all impossible that this could occur. I just dont know how common it is.

Quote:

"DHEA is secreted by the adrenal glands, and is the precursor for the synthesis of over 50 additional hormones, including estrogen and testosterone. DHEA has also been shown to stimulate the production of insulin growth factor-1 (IGF-1), a hormone which stimulates anabolic metabolism, accelerates muscle growth, improves insulin sensitivity, and enhances energy production.

Since it is a precursor to testosterone, it can be expceted that that it can lead to the side effects of increased testosterone.

If you are considering taking DHEA, you may want to consider obtaining serial total testosterone levels to ensure you are not experiencing any untoward side effects.

Followup with your personal physician is essential.

This answer is not intended as and does not substitute for medical advice - the information presented is for patient education only. Please see your personal physician for further evaluation of your individual case.

Thanks,"
    Not to sound like an ass, but how the fcuk did you get "testicular atrohpy" from that?? ^^^^

The boys shut down when there is too much Test. DHEA is a Test precursor, meaning the HTPA still regulates the converstion of DHEA to test.
    |
    Currently featuring VMax Weightvest review. http://blog.bodybuilding.com/krazykarl

"a liver is like a DUI - you don't need to worry till you've had a couple of them"
    -Slated

"The Misc is the closest thing the human race has to a natural predator. Charles Darwin and myself applaud you all."
    -PeonLover

goal: 215 lbs/7% bf/6 min mile

Originally Posted by krazykarl
    Not to sound like an ass, but how the fcuk did you get "testicular atrohpy" from that?? ^^^^

The boys shut down when there is too much Test. DHEA is a Test precursor, meaning the HTPA still regulates the converstion of DHEA to test.

I think i jumped the gun.. seems the boyz are normal size after all.. well, a little smaller maybe, cause of my age.. but nothing alarming... STill, read what the doc says above. I just quoted it above; I probably should have said that it came from a doctor who I found had answered someone elses question about it on line, and I simply quoted it.. here it is again.. I was shocked too.. thing is, guys, doctors dont really know how dhea works, but findings are that it increases muscle mass.. Well, you read yourself.. I think with this much unknown, almost anything is possible.. I will tell you that since I started taking it, Ive been growing like never before. Ive put on about 3.5 lbs of muscle since starting it 2.5 wks ago :

Since it is a precursor to testosterone, it can be expceted that that it can lead to the side effects of increased testosterone."

Remember.. this is the Doc's quote, not mine.
    Paul E

sandpoet has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sandpoet has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sandpoet has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sandpoet has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sandpoet has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sandpoet has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sandpoet has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sandpoet has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sandpoet has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Dhea

Originally Posted by paul e View Post
    I think i jumped the gun.. seems the boyz are normal size after all.. well, a little smaller maybe, cause of my age.. but nothing alarming... STill, read what the doc says above. I just quoted it above; I probably should have said that it came from a doctor who I found had answered someone elses question about it on line, and I simply quoted it.. here it is again.. I was shocked too.. thing is, guys, doctors dont really know how dhea works, but findings are that it increases muscle mass.. Well, you read yourself.. I think with this much unknown, almost anything is possible.. I will tell you that since I started taking it, Ive been growing like never before. Ive put on about 3.5 lbs of muscle since starting it 2.5 wks ago :

Since it is a precursor to testosterone, it can be expceted that that it can lead to the side effects of increased testosterone."

Remember.. this is the Doc's quote, not mine.
    First; 59yoa, 5'9", 185lbs, 44" chest, 33" waist, 39" hips, 16.5" neck, 17.5" arms
    My doctors advice was don't take it because it has been indicated to contribute to prostate cancer. I have read numerous articles from doctors and PHD's who state otherwise. I take 100mg/day. One day I thought I forgot my dose and actually took 200mg. The very next day my energy spiked and my strength jumped enough to break through previous 1 rep maximum on bench press. I may have my testosterone checked to see if I am taking this and already have high testosterone. I have been
    working out over 40 years and once was 225lbs and had much larger chest, thighs, neck and arms. I am a believer in DHEA and will follow the research and listen to my body. Doctors may know synthetic meds well and are great surgical techs, but my experience is that they are not very knowledgeable about nutrition and exersize. I spent 4 months in the hospital/rehab in 2008 for bacterial endocarditis and stroke triggered by a congenital heart defect and a concussion many years prior which had weakened blood vessels such that the bacteria caused an aneurysm.
    Super Dave of Pismo Beach

JohnTheHonest is a name known to all. (+5000) JohnTheHonest is a name known to all. (+5000) JohnTheHonest is a name known to all. (+5000) JohnTheHonest is a name known to all. (+5000) JohnTheHonest is a name known to all. (+5000) JohnTheHonest is a name known to all. (+5000) JohnTheHonest is a name known to all. (+5000) JohnTheHonest is a name known to all. (+5000) JohnTheHonest is a name known to all. (+5000) JohnTheHonest is a name known to all. (+5000) JohnTheHonest is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Here we are, 8 years later

Dewey99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dewey99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dewey99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dewey99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dewey99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dewey99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dewey99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dewey99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dewey99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dewey99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dewey99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Strong 8 year bump to discuss DHEA.
    RIP in Peace

potionmaster is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) potionmaster is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) potionmaster is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) potionmaster is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) potionmaster is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) potionmaster is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) potionmaster is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) potionmaster is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) potionmaster is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) potionmaster is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) potionmaster is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    yes because since that 8yrs, dhea has become super dhea, hence discussions of just dhea is irrelevant