healthy n_fit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) healthy n_fit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) healthy n_fit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) healthy n_fit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) healthy n_fit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) healthy n_fit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) healthy n_fit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) healthy n_fit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) healthy n_fit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) healthy n_fit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) healthy n_fit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Question How do you know where to put the pins in bench press lockouts? Thanks again.

?? Is it determined by how many inches you need to push up? Example: Set the pins up so you only push 6 inches. Well??

!Karins Xtreme Powerwear! Deejay_Spike's Avatar
    Deejay_Spike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Deejay_Spike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Deejay_Spike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Deejay_Spike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Deejay_Spike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Deejay_Spike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Deejay_Spike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Deejay_Spike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Deejay_Spike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Deejay_Spike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Deejay_Spike has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    ask dave

i think 4 inches

healthy n_fit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) healthy n_fit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) healthy n_fit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) healthy n_fit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) healthy n_fit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) healthy n_fit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) healthy n_fit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) healthy n_fit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) healthy n_fit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) healthy n_fit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) healthy n_fit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally posted by Deejay_Spike
    ask dave

i think 4 inches
    I will. Oh man I did it at about 7-8 inches!

Antaeus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Antaeus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Antaeus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Antaeus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Antaeus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Antaeus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Antaeus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Antaeus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Antaeus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Antaeus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Antaeus will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Re: How do you know where to put the pins in bench press lockouts? Thanks again.

Originally posted by healthy n'fit
    ?? Is it determined by how many inches you need to push up? Example: Set the pins up so you only push 6 inches. Well??
    You can put the pins anywhere you want to work in the ROM. You can do 1" lockouts if you want to get the feel of really heavy weight.

In the July PLUSA they have Ryan Kennelly's bench program, and he repeatedly did pin presses 6" from lockout.

If you're specifically doing lockouts I would just make sure it's above any sticking point.
    405/275/495 @ 181 lbs BW

Re: Re: How do you know where to put the pins in bench press lockouts? Thanks again.

Originally posted by Antaeus

You can put the pins anywhere you want to work in the ROM. You can do 1" lockouts if you want to get the feel of really heavy weight.

In the July PLUSA they have Ryan Kennelly's bench program, and he repeatedly did pin presses 6" from lockout.

If you're specifically doing lockouts I would just make sure it's above any sticking point.

Yeah it is above my sticking point(The bottom) I did 135lbs for 4 reps for 4 sets. That is still about 3 reps better than my regular 1rm and possibly a little heavier but I never maxed out. Last max out I did was a few months ago and I got 125lbs. Too little.

Registered User herkimer wilson's Avatar
    herkimer wilson has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) herkimer wilson has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) herkimer wilson has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) herkimer wilson has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) herkimer wilson has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) herkimer wilson has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    When I do bench lockouts, I vary the pins at different heights at different workouts. I prefer to put the pins right at my sticking point.

Antaeus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Antaeus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Antaeus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Antaeus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Antaeus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Antaeus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Antaeus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Antaeus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Antaeus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Antaeus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Antaeus will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Re: Re: Re: How do you know where to put the pins in bench press lockouts? Thanks again.

Originally posted by healthy n'fit

Yeah it is above my sticking point(The bottom) I did 135lbs for 4 reps for 4 sets. That is still about 3 reps better than my regular 1rm and possibly a little heavier but I never maxed out. Last max out I did was a few months ago and I got 125lbs. Too little.
    Well if you're weak off the bottom you need to do specific excercises to bring that weakness up, obviously. I too am weak out of the hole, and have trouble gaining momentum. The DE helps the latter, of course.

There are a couple things you can do:

1. "reverse" pin presses. Set the pins midway up your ROM (just like lockouts). Then put the bar holders AT your chest level. Squeeze under the bar and push off the bottom, using a medium weight ~70% 1RM. Do 3 partial reps, just touching the underside of the pins. On the 3rd rep, hold and push as hard as you can against the pins for 8-10 seconds. Make sure to warm up first with a couple speed sets.

2. Floor presses. You've probably already tried these. They're great for the start/midrange b/c you have no leg drive.

3. I'm thinking of starting <a href="http://157.238.135.101/articles/158bench.html">Dave's Big Bad Bench</a> program to help my start, as I exactly fit the profile. You could join in, and we'll see where we can go...

Hope this helps!
    405/275/495 @ 181 lbs BW

Re: Re: Re: Re: How do you know where to put the pins in bench press lockouts? Thanks again.

Originally posted by Antaeus

Well if you're weak off the bottom you need to do specific excercises to bring that weakness up, obviously. I too am weak out of the hole, and have trouble gaining momentum. The DE helps the latter, of course.

There are a couple things you can do:

1. "reverse" pin presses. Set the pins midway up your ROM (just like lockouts). Then put the bar holders AT your chest level. Squeeze under the bar and push off the bottom, using a medium weight ~70% 1RM. Do 3 partial reps, just touching the underside of the pins. On the 3rd rep, hold and push as hard as you can against the pins for 8-10 seconds. Make sure to warm up first with a couple speed sets.

2. Floor presses. You've probably already tried these. They're great for the start/midrange b/c you have no leg drive.

3. I'm thinking of starting <a href="http://157.238.135.101/articles/158bench.html">Dave's Big Bad Bench</a> program to help my start, as I exactly fit the profile. You could join in, and we'll see where we can go...

Hope this helps!
    Yes this helps. Thanks.

p0w3rlift3r is just really nice. (+1000) p0w3rlift3r is just really nice. (+1000) p0w3rlift3r is just really nice. (+1000) p0w3rlift3r is just really nice. (+1000) p0w3rlift3r is just really nice. (+1000) p0w3rlift3r is just really nice. (+1000) p0w3rlift3r is just really nice. (+1000) p0w3rlift3r is just really nice. (+1000) p0w3rlift3r is just really nice. (+1000) p0w3rlift3r is just really nice. (+1000) p0w3rlift3r is just really nice. (+1000)
    the best thing for a weak in the bottom bench: SPEEEEED!!!!

after i figured out how to use speeeed!! i never had a problem with the bottom agian, its all mid level now, my tri's will lock anything out, speed is not something you can just excpect your body to do on its own, you have to concentrate on speed and completing the lift, when you use a ME bench pretend its a DE bench drop fast and recover fast and you will learn the fine art of strength-speed, instead of just training for speed-strength, i would also, suggest wieght releasers, and bring them into the gym with you, those help your reversal strength GREATLY!!!

the other good things for weak out of the bottom or near bottom like me would be:

1 1/2 benches, unlock pin presses , 1' below your Avg. ROM

lots of rows and maybe some static lat work!!
    I've seen a 15 year old deadlift 440 lbs. first time ever touching a weight
    I've witnessed a begginer increase there total 350 lbs. the first month
    I myself can show you men bench pressing 821 lbs. men deadlifting nearly 940 lbs. men squatting 1104 lbs.
    Powerlifting the sport of imposibility to Bodybuilders everywhere

Whats my post workout drink? half a bottle of Jack Daniels No. 7 sounds about right

Deejay_Spike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Deejay_Spike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Deejay_Spike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Deejay_Spike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Deejay_Spike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Deejay_Spike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Deejay_Spike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Deejay_Spike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Deejay_Spike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Deejay_Spike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Deejay_Spike has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    1 1/2 benches... yeah, i've been thinking about that one

p0w3rlift3r is just really nice. (+1000) p0w3rlift3r is just really nice. (+1000) p0w3rlift3r is just really nice. (+1000) p0w3rlift3r is just really nice. (+1000) p0w3rlift3r is just really nice. (+1000) p0w3rlift3r is just really nice. (+1000) p0w3rlift3r is just really nice. (+1000) p0w3rlift3r is just really nice. (+1000) p0w3rlift3r is just really nice. (+1000) p0w3rlift3r is just really nice. (+1000) p0w3rlift3r is just really nice. (+1000)
    1 1/2 benches... yeah, i've been thinking about that one
    so you've heard of them !!! incredable !!

not for the weak of heart tho there tuff
    I myself can show you men bench pressing 821 lbs. men deadlifting nearly 940 lbs. men squatting 1104 lbs.

Whats my post workout drink? half a bottle of Jack Daniels No. 7 sounds about right

lol, i actually read that was good for those who were weak out of the bottom, but my problem is rather locking out :/

lol, i actually read that was good for those who were weak out of the bottom, but my problem is rather locking out :/
    its 100% for the bottom !! its better than giong an 1' under normal ROM !

Originally posted by p0w3rlift3r

its 100% for the bottom !! its better than giong an 1' under normal ROM !
    ya think? i dunno... it's because 1 1/2 emphases the pecs a lot more

maybe i've really never ever had a problem out of the bottom its always middle for me no matter how hard a try to bring it up it stays my weak piont i do max efforts to emphisize it i do speed to emphisize it, personally i think it has alot to do with my starting strength but lack of explosive strength! like i can come out of the hole 100mph but 3 inches later i am at 0mph

Originally posted by p0w3rlift3r
    maybe i've really never ever had a problem out of the bottom its always middle for me no matter how hard a try to bring it up it stays my weak piont i do max efforts to emphisize it i do speed to emphisize it, personally i think it has alot to do with my starting strength but lack of explosive strength! like i can come out of the hole 100mph but 3 inches later i am at 0mph

whow... not fun that....

really no idea what it could be besides speed?
    ever tried reverse grip? it's great for triceps

whow... not fun that....

really no idea what it could be besides speed?
    ever tried reverse grip? it's great for triceps
    reverse grip, i've done it and plan on using it more often in the future like, 1 1/2 reverse grip benches, close grip incline revese grip, revers grip lockouts, reverse grip board persses, ect.

Assistance: reverse grip shoulder presses, reverse grip exstensions, reverse grip 4-5 board presses, reverse grip super incline bench press, reverse grip super incline 1 1/2 benches (killer), reverse grip floor presses, reverse grip ... you get the idea, it doubles your choices of assistance and ME work