Registered freak wannabe Addicted-To-BB's Avatar
    Addicted-To-BB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Addicted-To-BB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Addicted-To-BB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Addicted-To-BB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Addicted-To-BB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Addicted-To-BB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Addicted-To-BB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Addicted-To-BB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Addicted-To-BB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

How does your boss feel about your eating habits?

I just found out yesterday that my boss has a real problem with my eating habits. So much as to possibly letting me go. Isn't that insane. What the hell am I supposed to do? Should i just confront his jabba the hut ass or just try to hide my every 2.5 hr eating schedule?

Does anybody else have this problem? And if so how do you hide it or what different ideas can i get for some inconspicuous healthy feedings?
    Obsessed is a word used by the undisciplined

saw14 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) saw14 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) saw14 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) saw14 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) saw14 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) saw14 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) saw14 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) saw14 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) saw14 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) saw14 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) saw14 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    is it against the rules of your place of employment to eat as frequently as you do? i doubt you smoke but i bet your coworkers do, no one seems to mind when they take a 10 minute smoke break every few hours, whats the difference with food for you. if youre a good employee with a stellar record i doubt he can fire you legally for eating unless its written down. to fire you for eating but not to have a real reason is setting himself up for trouble because thats discrimination.
    this signature was purchased by melon:

"incongruous penguin"

nic6paul is on a distinguished road. (+10) nic6paul is on a distinguished road. (+10) nic6paul is on a distinguished road. (+10) nic6paul is on a distinguished road. (+10) nic6paul is on a distinguished road. (+10) nic6paul is on a distinguished road. (+10) nic6paul is on a distinguished road. (+10) nic6paul is on a distinguished road. (+10) nic6paul is on a distinguished road. (+10) nic6paul is on a distinguished road. (+10) nic6paul is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    what kinda job do you work? I know that even when i work construction over the summer i can eat every few hours because like the above poster said most ppl have smoke breaks, it really is no different.
    "Obstacles are those frightening things that become visible when we take our eyes off our goals." - Henry Ford

xueimelynnad will become famous soon enough. (+50) xueimelynnad will become famous soon enough. (+50) xueimelynnad will become famous soon enough. (+50) xueimelynnad will become famous soon enough. (+50) xueimelynnad will become famous soon enough. (+50) xueimelynnad will become famous soon enough. (+50) xueimelynnad will become famous soon enough. (+50) xueimelynnad will become famous soon enough. (+50) xueimelynnad will become famous soon enough. (+50) xueimelynnad will become famous soon enough. (+50) xueimelynnad will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    my boss hates it when people eat at their desks, and hates it if I eat something not in the 11:30-1:30 time slot for lunch. then again the OTHER principle eats every meal at his desk, cutting up bananas and such, and eats constantly, guess which boss had a heart attack and which one runs everyday.... so if I eat at my desk whenever, I get scoffed but then again he scoffs anything. the other boss'll check out what I am eating, and throw a slice of apple my way for my oatmeal
    let us see what I can do with this body here

Addicted-To-BB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Addicted-To-BB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Addicted-To-BB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Addicted-To-BB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Addicted-To-BB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Addicted-To-BB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Addicted-To-BB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Addicted-To-BB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Addicted-To-BB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    good point saw. there is a ton of people who smoke or just screw around at the work place.

i am a automotive product designer. all corporate b.s. i looked it up with h.r. and it's not against company policy to eat, but they could always make up other reasons.....

reps to alll

getting leaner and meaner collegeHULK's Avatar
    collegeHULK will become famous soon enough. (+50) collegeHULK will become famous soon enough. (+50) collegeHULK will become famous soon enough. (+50) collegeHULK will become famous soon enough. (+50) collegeHULK will become famous soon enough. (+50) collegeHULK will become famous soon enough. (+50) collegeHULK will become famous soon enough. (+50) collegeHULK will become famous soon enough. (+50) collegeHULK will become famous soon enough. (+50) collegeHULK will become famous soon enough. (+50) collegeHULK will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I dont know if I feel discriminated against but I know that when I have a protein shake at my desk at 10. or my almonds and oatmeal at 3pm if a coworker or boss walks by and sees me eating they give me the "you're a freakin slacker" or the "you think you are better than me?" look. Especially if I am trying to suck it down and take a walk outside.

glad i'm not alone on this subject.......

prior22 prior22 prior22 prior22 prior22 prior22 prior22 prior22 prior22 prior22 prior22
    ya buddy just do the best you can to hide it and dont make it obvious. If you have to eat in your car, eat in the bathroom, eat on your breaks, do whatever you can.

kotar is on a distinguished road. (+10) kotar is on a distinguished road. (+10) kotar is on a distinguished road. (+10) kotar is on a distinguished road. (+10) kotar is on a distinguished road. (+10) kotar is on a distinguished road. (+10) kotar is on a distinguished road. (+10) kotar is on a distinguished road. (+10) kotar is on a distinguished road. (+10) kotar is on a distinguished road. (+10) kotar is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by prior22
    ya buddy just do the best you can to hide it and dont make it obvious. If you have to eat in your car, eat in the bathroom, eat on your breaks, do whatever you can.

ya thats what i used to do, but i still got fired because i kept eatin. so i don;t have a job right now, but hopefully i can get a non labourous desk job so i can eat and work. man i need 2 find a nice secretary job or customer service answering phones.
    **** yea im gona bulk again. goin for 210lbs this time then cut for summer. uh oh here we go. max-ot style.

Talking

well lunch is over and if i'm on-line the boss will come down real hard on that as well...thanx for all the replies.

reps for evreyone

Kurz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Kurz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Kurz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Kurz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Kurz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Kurz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Kurz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Kurz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Kurz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Kurz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Kurz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    If you get fired for "eating", than there is another reason that needs to be re-evaluated. Trust me, a boss is not going to fire someone who is a true asset to his/her company. I'm not saying you, but I'll bet something else was in the mix. Maybe they could afford to keep you, wanted to hire the hotpants in the plaid skirt, or just didn't feel that you panned out like they had hoped, but trust me kid, there is another reason!

Sentinel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sentinel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sentinel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sentinel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sentinel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    That sucks, I'm currently kind of skinny so everyone encourages me to eat more, if it ever becomes a problem I'll just tell them I have a eating disorder and I'll die if I don't eat every 2.5 hours. I just had a long conversation with my boss yesterday about such things and he fully supports it, huge bonus.

Here are some suggestions that may help

Make a wallet....out of beef jerky, mmmm wallet.
    Make a necklace, out of pasta salad, snack away.
    Wear cargo pants , fill pockets with sweet potatoes
    Tape chicken breats to the mic part of the phone, long tasty conversation.
    Hollow out books to conseal steaks

All kidding aside prob best if you can resolve amicably so you don't need sneak around. Surely you are allowed X mins a day in break time each day, your business what you do with it, if there is a problem brought up by your boss, make sure you document everything and do everything in your power to protect yourself in the worst case. Living healthy sure shouldn't be a crime.

Hope it works out for you.
    “The longer I live, the more I am certain that the great difference between the great and insignificant is energy--invincible determination-- a purpose once fixed and then death or victory.”

With a little Slipknot, StoneSour, and Disturbed, a contempt for this crap Ecto frame and complete and utter disregard for the muscles screams for mercy I Will Grow.

Stone Sour Diet Plan- "Muther Fu@ker Get Inside!!!!"

6'6"
    191lbs 15%BF-Current
    187lbs 15%BF-Sept 1 2005
    176lbs 20%-June 7th 2005

Haywood Jablome has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Haywood Jablome has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Haywood Jablome has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Haywood Jablome has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Haywood Jablome has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Haywood Jablome has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Haywood Jablome has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Haywood Jablome has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Haywood Jablome has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Haywood Jablome has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Haywood Jablome has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I guess I'm pretty lucky, co-workers only think I'm weird that I eat oats in the afternoon. "You missed breakfast??''
    /M\

Who's High Pitch

Rozwell has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I guess I'm lucky to have a boss who works out as much as I do. I don't see why this would bother him. It's not like you're taking 45 min. breaks each time you eat ontop of your hour "lunch" break. I would explain to him that you're more productive by taking small, short breaks every couple of hours than one looong break. Either way it's the same amount of time.

Rozwell has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Haywood Jablome
    I guess I'm pretty lucky, co-workers only think I'm weird that I eat oats in the afternoon. "You missed breakfast??''
    I always get the "tuna fish and brown rice for breakfast?!?" comment since it's my first meal I eat at work at 9am. I have to explain to them that I wake up at 4:30am and it's already my third meal.

MCconditioner has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MCconditioner has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MCconditioner has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MCconditioner has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MCconditioner has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MCconditioner has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MCconditioner has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MCconditioner has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MCconditioner has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MCconditioner has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MCconditioner has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    It only takes 5 minutes to eat, I don't see the big deal. I eat all day long at work, nobody seems to care--although I think they would like me to order out with them more often.
    Supplement free,
    healthy eater.

Registered User SpAcEmAn Spliff's Avatar
    SpAcEmAn Spliff will become famous soon enough. (+50) SpAcEmAn Spliff will become famous soon enough. (+50) SpAcEmAn Spliff will become famous soon enough. (+50) SpAcEmAn Spliff will become famous soon enough. (+50) SpAcEmAn Spliff will become famous soon enough. (+50) SpAcEmAn Spliff will become famous soon enough. (+50) SpAcEmAn Spliff will become famous soon enough. (+50) SpAcEmAn Spliff will become famous soon enough. (+50) SpAcEmAn Spliff will become famous soon enough. (+50) SpAcEmAn Spliff will become famous soon enough. (+50) SpAcEmAn Spliff will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    do you eat huge meals? i guess if i was a boss i might have a problem with my employee pullin out a steak dinner at 2 in the afternoon...
    if its somethin small like some jerky or a sandwich, i see nothing wrong with that. just make sure you eat for less then or equal to the time it takes to have a smoke break

ericTHEninja is on a distinguished road. (+10) ericTHEninja is on a distinguished road. (+10) ericTHEninja is on a distinguished road. (+10) ericTHEninja is on a distinguished road. (+10) ericTHEninja is on a distinguished road. (+10) ericTHEninja is on a distinguished road. (+10) ericTHEninja is on a distinguished road. (+10) ericTHEninja is on a distinguished road. (+10) ericTHEninja is on a distinguished road. (+10) ericTHEninja is on a distinguished road. (+10) ericTHEninja is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    As was brought up before, if you were let go for other reasons besides your eating and they used that as an excuse I'd get my ass over to a lawyer to find out laws were broken, if any. Most states require a reason to be fired (except for Vermont and some others I think) and if they can't provide you with a legitimate reason to which you were disrupting the normal work operation, etc. then you should be compensated for wrongful termination. It's not a frivilous I cut my finger with your knife so now I'm going to sue you thing. It happened to my dad and he should've been greatly reimbursed, but he never took the right course of action.

In addition, I don't see why they'd fire you just for eating and eating healthy/the right way. Most health care companies give discounts, reductions, and refunds to companies who have group healthcare (I don't know if yours does or if you even got it) where individuals are physically active and take a responsible roll in their lives to stay fit. Of course, this comes with proof.

Kurz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Kurz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Kurz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Kurz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Kurz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Kurz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Kurz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Kurz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Kurz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Kurz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Kurz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by ericTHEninja
    As was brought up before, if you were let go for other reasons besides your eating and they used that as an excuse I'd get my ass over to a lawyer to find out laws were broken, if any. Most states require a reason to be fired (except for Vermont and some others I think) and if they can't provide you with a legitimate reason to which you were disrupting the normal work operation, etc. then you should be compensated for wrongful termination. It's not a frivilous I cut my finger with your knife so now I'm going to sue you thing. It happened to my dad and he should've been greatly reimbursed, but he never took the right course of action.

In addition, I don't see why they'd fire you just for eating and eating healthy/the right way. Most health care companies give discounts, reductions, and refunds to companies who have group healthcare (I don't know if yours does or if you even got it) where individuals are physically active and take a responsible roll in their lives to stay fit. Of course, this comes with proof.

NO WAY..............never need an excuse, trust me, I've been thorugh this, as a partner of a cpa firm. It's call "at will" which means I can dumb you today and you are also free to walk out the door............UNLESS you have a signed contract, which 99% of businesses do not

ericTHEninja is on a distinguished road. (+10) ericTHEninja is on a distinguished road. (+10) ericTHEninja is on a distinguished road. (+10) ericTHEninja is on a distinguished road. (+10) ericTHEninja is on a distinguished road. (+10) ericTHEninja is on a distinguished road. (+10) ericTHEninja is on a distinguished road. (+10) ericTHEninja is on a distinguished road. (+10) ericTHEninja is on a distinguished road. (+10) ericTHEninja is on a distinguished road. (+10) ericTHEninja is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Kurz
    NO WAY..............never need an excuse, trust me, I've been thorugh this, as a partner of a cpa firm. It's call "at will" which means I can dumb you today and you are also free to walk out the door............UNLESS you have a signed contract, which 99% of businesses do not
    Well, then I stand corrected. For my education, how is it that 4 other people sued the company and won a settlement in the low millions? The only thing I remember about the entire thing was that the one guy who was fired was gay and the other guy was fired and then replaced w/someone younger (as my dad was). Keep in mind, he was replaced when he was about 42.

Now, that is possible. Many sue for racial, age, sex discrimination in which it probably is a very good idea to have some solid backing when you decide to let someone go. Will they win? Possible, but I bet the company has some other support to their firings. As for the poster, I will also bet, there has been a verbal warning or two about his behavior (either eating or working to sub-par levels). It's just a way for mgmnt to CYA. COVER YOUR ASS......

it sucks, but it happens..............Is it just me, or is it easy as hell to conceal food if you have to. A shake in a plastic cup, a bar in the pocket, I've even done chx breast in the bathroom............whatevr it takes, it is possible!

NewjerseyDv is on a distinguished road. (+10) NewjerseyDv is on a distinguished road. (+10) NewjerseyDv is on a distinguished road. (+10) NewjerseyDv is on a distinguished road. (+10) NewjerseyDv is on a distinguished road. (+10) NewjerseyDv is on a distinguished road. (+10) NewjerseyDv is on a distinguished road. (+10) NewjerseyDv is on a distinguished road. (+10) NewjerseyDv is on a distinguished road. (+10) NewjerseyDv is on a distinguished road. (+10) NewjerseyDv is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I am a cook and my boss is always thinking that I am stealing food. But he dosent care anymore cuz when i started I couldnt pick up the kegs but now I Just power clean them back there lol
    "There's no getting around it, hard work is the only way"
    "If I offend you and you take it in a personal way, then personally I dont give a damn."

Bulking(trying)
    5'11
    goal - 160
    bf% - 11%
    current 145.5
    Nov 20 -
    Nov 27 -

This **** is bananas.... [url]http://postarchives.entensity.net/040805/flash.php?flash=banana.swf[/url]