carbinejackson will become famous soon enough. (+50) carbinejackson will become famous soon enough. (+50) carbinejackson will become famous soon enough. (+50) carbinejackson will become famous soon enough. (+50) carbinejackson will become famous soon enough. (+50) carbinejackson will become famous soon enough. (+50) carbinejackson will become famous soon enough. (+50) carbinejackson will become famous soon enough. (+50) carbinejackson will become famous soon enough. (+50) carbinejackson will become famous soon enough. (+50) carbinejackson will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Post workout fast acting carbs

About how many grams of fast acting carbs should I be taking post workout? I'm trying to cut bodyfat % but want to keep lean muscle as well. I currently get about 40g carbs - of that 12g sugar, 8g fiber after I work out

Edit - to be clear I thought I should be eating more fast acting carbs post workout, what do you guys think?
    Last edited by carbinejackson; 10-18-2007 at 12:08 AM. Reason: clarification
    "I don't make excuses, I just reload."

|ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by carbinejackson View Post
    About how many grams of fast acting carbs should I be taking post workout? I'm trying to cut bodyfat % but want to keep lean muscle as well. I currently get about 40g carbs - of that 12g sugar, 8g fiber after I work out

Edit - to be clear I thought I should be eating more fast acting carbs post workout, what do you guys think?
    If you are trying to lose fat, fast acting carbs should be generally avoided. I know a lot of people will say "but you want to stimulate insulin to replenish glycogen stores post workout". A lot of this thinking comes from the pro bb'ing industry, where the training programs and drugs the athletes are on can deplete glycogen stores. However, for natural trainers (especially those whose main goal is fat loss), you should generally keep simple sugars to a minimum. If you had a proper pre-workout meal, then a fast acting sugar post workout is not that critical. Just get some good complex carbs with a little sugar sweetener, if desired.
    It's hard to win an argument with a smart person. It's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person. - Bill Murray

Mods - my avatar is locked by the admin and can't be changed.

jessekib is on a distinguished road. (+10) jessekib is on a distinguished road. (+10) jessekib is on a distinguished road. (+10) jessekib is on a distinguished road. (+10) jessekib is on a distinguished road. (+10) jessekib is on a distinguished road. (+10) jessekib is on a distinguished road. (+10) jessekib is on a distinguished road. (+10) jessekib is on a distinguished road. (+10) jessekib is on a distinguished road. (+10) jessekib is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by little_dan View Post
    If you are trying to lose fat, fast acting carbs should be generally avoided. I know a lot of people will say "but you want to stimulate insulin to replenish glycogen stores post workout". A lot of this thinking comes from the pro bb'ing industry, where the training programs and drugs the athletes are on can deplete glycogen stores. However, for natural trainers (especially those whose main goal is fat loss), you should generally keep simple sugars to a minimum. If you had a proper pre-workout meal, then a fast acting sugar post workout is not that critical. Just get some good complex carbs with a little sugar sweetener, if desired.
    Agreed, I work out in the mornings, After a w/o when i get to my office i eat whole oats with a packet of equal and a dash of cinn. for some complex carbs.

I have heard of Pro bbr's who eat a whole roll of sweet tarts for post w/o carbs, Generly they try to eat double carbs to protien after workouts.

Honestly, i would rather the sweet tart route . They taste wayyy beter than oats! But have never tried it.
    OBESSION IS A WORD THE LAZY USE TO DESCRIBE DEDICATED!

WHO DAT!!!!

|ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I did the dextrose intra and post workout experiment this summer for 6 weeks. I gained muscle, but I also gained almost an equal amount of fat. Now that I am cutting again, without steroids or other drugs, I will lose some of that muscle along with the fat, and be back almost to where I started (except I wasted a few months).

The simple sugars theory works for pros because when they bulk, they don't care as much about fat gain, as they will employ cutting techniques that involve drugs that allow muscle to be retained while losing fat. This is not a normal body system, and natural trainers cannot effectively do this.
    It's hard to win an argument with a smart person. It's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person. - Bill Murray

Mods - my avatar is locked by the admin and can't be changed.