Jarot7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jarot7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jarot7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jarot7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jarot7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jarot7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jarot7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jarot7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Why fit people sweat more.

I just had to explain this to my girlfriend in order to get her off my ass about my copious sweating during strenuous activities and I thought others might benefit from my wisdom also because I can't be the only one that has ran into this problem.

If you’re fit, the more you’ll sweat. Sweating is the body’s way of cooling itself. This mechanism improves as you exercise regularly.

"As you get in better shape, your body learns to cool itself more efficiently. Blood is shunted to the skin’s surface more quickly via tiny blood vessels that dilate and radiate heat away from the body. At the same time, the sweat glands increase their output of a fluid-and-sodium mixture, which cools the body as it evaporates. While fit people produce more sweat than sedentary folks, they lose less salt, because more of it is reabsorbed by the body’s cells as it travels from the sweat glands to the skin’s surface. The result: More copious and diluted sweat, and more rapid cooling"

404gb30044 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 404gb30044 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 404gb30044 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 404gb30044 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 404gb30044 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 404gb30044 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 404gb30044 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 404gb30044 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 404gb30044 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 404gb30044 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 404gb30044 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

thyroid

i thought it had to do with yo thyroid.. but hey i sweat like a dog.. my water weight swangs +/- 5 lbs per cardio block .. so yuh good scientific knowledge explanation homeboy...
    "diet today kicked ass.. had steak and oatmeal for breakfast lol..." - Twisted Steal

"...all i have to say is I hope to god everyone weighing 140 has a 6pack" - BOZZ (the vet)

mom24boys is just really nice. (+1000) mom24boys is just really nice. (+1000) mom24boys is just really nice. (+1000) mom24boys is just really nice. (+1000) mom24boys is just really nice. (+1000) mom24boys is just really nice. (+1000) mom24boys is just really nice. (+1000) mom24boys is just really nice. (+1000) mom24boys is just really nice. (+1000) mom24boys is just really nice. (+1000) mom24boys is just really nice. (+1000)
    sounds good to me

Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    And if I remember correctly, fit people take longer than unfit people to start sweating because of the efficiency of their bodies, but when fit people do start to sweat, it's a flood.

Also, their breathing is slower and more efficient. Fit people will seem to not be breathing, but when they do take a breath, as Covert Bailey (hey! I like him!) says they suck up all the oxygen around them. Other people around them can suffocate.
    Last edited by Minotaur; 06-23-2005 at 10:21 AM.
    "Go home, have a beer and smash something. That's what I would do" - Unknown (but probably Thor).

Herculeshuge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Herculeshuge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Herculeshuge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Herculeshuge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Herculeshuge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Herculeshuge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Herculeshuge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Herculeshuge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Herculeshuge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Herculeshuge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Herculeshuge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

mino,

actually i think its the other way around. I'm not positive, but I think that fit people sweat almost immediately upon exercising vs a nonfit person. I can say from my experience that is the case at least.
    A BANK IS A PLACE THAT WILL LEND YOU MONEY IF YOU CAN PROVE THAT YOU DON'T NEED IT.

jaguarr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jaguarr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jaguarr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jaguarr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jaguarr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jaguarr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jaguarr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jaguarr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jaguarr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jaguarr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jaguarr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    My Music: http://jaguarr.spymac.com

Bite into the apple of discord and let it nourish away your complacency.

Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Herculeshuge
    actually i think its the other way around. I'm not positive, but I think that fit people sweat almost immediately upon exercising vs a nonfit person. I can say from my experience that is the case at least.
    OK, I think you're right... I just read Jag's link. I always screw that one up.
    "Go home, have a beer and smash something. That's what I would do" - Unknown (but probably Thor).

Jarot7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jarot7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jarot7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jarot7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jarot7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jarot7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jarot7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jarot7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I can't believe none of you guys decided to work in the old joke about sweat and relative humidity.

Are you all suffering from dehydration?

I am waiting. Cmon you know you want to..

Location: Lazy student, 19, from Sunny England, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    micky c has a spectacular aura about. (+250) micky c has a spectacular aura about. (+250) micky c has a spectacular aura about. (+250) micky c has a spectacular aura about. (+250) micky c has a spectacular aura about. (+250) micky c has a spectacular aura about. (+250) micky c has a spectacular aura about. (+250) micky c has a spectacular aura about. (+250) micky c has a spectacular aura about. (+250) micky c has a spectacular aura about. (+250) micky c has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    ive found i sweat all the time, and i'm pretty fit, however my dad is very over weight and he swearts loads from just cutting the grass, do u think it is in the genes or inherited?

Originally Posted by micky c
    ive found i sweat all the time, and i'm pretty fit, however my dad is very over weight and he swearts loads from just cutting the grass, do u think it is in the genes or inherited?
    Good question and I am going to redirect you to the first link on Jag's post for an answer.

For a short answer let's look at your dad's situation this way.

He is covered in a layer of FAT under his skin. This fat is like a wet blanket. It's heavy and filled with fluid that makes his heart, lungs, and muscles have to work harder just to haul it around. In some cases the heart cannot carry the load and it shuts down. Think about that one!

Once again, the reason you sweat a lot is because your body is very efficient and you will only get more efficient the more you workout and become aerobically fit.

In your dad's case he sweats because he is very in-efficient in the way he sweats. It is a two sided sword.

As far as your sweating it could be several things and it could be inherited or just some factors in your diet. I think if you read Jag's post you will have all the info you need to make a decision on what it means to you.

phikappa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phikappa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phikappa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phikappa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phikappa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phikappa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phikappa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phikappa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phikappa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phikappa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phikappa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I can't see why fit people would sweat more. If you're fit aren't you going to exert yourself less than a fat person, given the same activity? Don't fit people recover faster? Wouldn't you sweat less if you recover faster? Anyway, the quote below is from Jag's post. It makes sense to me.

"Fit people sweat more "efficiently" by sweating sooner in the workout, in other words, at lower internal temperatures. However, this doesn't mean that a fit person will always sweat more than an unfit person. A sedentary person doing the same intensity workout as a fit individual will get hot a lot faster and therefore will sweat more.

Overweight and obese people sweat more profusely than normal weight individuals because fat acts as an insulator that raises core temperatures."
    Jon Cole's Gym: '79 - '85
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=9275071&d=1603917754

braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000)
    I think Jarot7 is right to an extent, but that's not the major part of the story. Er, I didn't read any of those articles so I'm just going on what I know off the top of my head.

When fit people workout (i.e. ones that have a higher percentage of muscle to fat ratio than your average person or sedentary person), mainly you will be using more muscle fibers albeit at times involuntary by just moving around. Since ATP-ADP conversion and the mitochondrial conversion of ADP-ATP by ATP synthase through the electrochemical gradient in the mitochodria is less than perfectly efficient for each (i.e. heat energy is given off because the conversion of chemical energy to mechanical energy is not 100%), we will see that the fit person's body heats up faster than a sedentary persons body.

When sedentary people workout or do activity, they will generate less heat as they have less muscle fibers, but the ones they do have will have to work harder and thus generate nearly the same amount of heat (this is also why they get tired faster obviously). However, since the layer of fat they have in their bodies insulates the heat, they will indefinitely sweat less in a light workout. Although if they are overworked, the fat layer can heat up as well and this is where you get the fact that more sedentary people can sweat more than fit people.

So basically I'd say its a tradeoff game. But as a fit person who was skinny and now is decently skinny with increased muscle mass... I definitely sweat a lot more than I did before. Probably cause when you are smaller you have more surface area to bleed off heat without making yourself sweat more. I did not factor this into the above, but larger people have less of a surface area to volume ratio and thus will often generate more heat and sweat more in a hardworking situation.

Bad_Vibes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bad_Vibes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bad_Vibes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bad_Vibes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bad_Vibes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bad_Vibes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bad_Vibes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bad_Vibes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bad_Vibes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bad_Vibes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bad_Vibes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Man I sweat like a whore in Church. I wake up in the middle of the night with a wet pillow and the sheets soaked through. I'm a sweaty bastard. My body is a freaking heat pump.

jaguarr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jaguarr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jaguarr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jaguarr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jaguarr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jaguarr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jaguarr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jaguarr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jaguarr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jaguarr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jaguarr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Bad_Vibes
    Man I sweat like a whore in Church. I wake up in the middle of the night with a wet pillow and the sheets soaked through. I'm a sweaty bastard. My body is a freaking heat pump.

Aaaaaand sharing time is over.

jag

phikappa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phikappa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phikappa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phikappa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phikappa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phikappa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phikappa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phikappa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phikappa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phikappa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phikappa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Man I sweat like a whore in Church.
    LOL! Do whores even go to church? I know they spend a lot of time on their knees, but I wouldn't call it prayer.
    Jon Cole's Gym: '79 - '85
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=9275071&d=1603917754

Originally Posted by phikappa
    LOL! Do whores even go to church? I know they spend a lot of time on their knees, but I wouldn't call it prayer.
    There's a "kissing the bishop" joke in there, but I'm just going to leave it alone...

jag

Bad_Vibes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bad_Vibes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bad_Vibes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bad_Vibes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bad_Vibes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bad_Vibes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bad_Vibes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bad_Vibes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bad_Vibes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bad_Vibes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bad_Vibes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by phikappa
    I live in the bible belt brother. Everybody makes it to church every now and then. Praise the Lord!

I'm the same way. I throw a lot of heat. I have to get up and put a towel on my pillow some nights.

Thee Alpha of Thee Alphaz GameDayDog's Avatar
    Location: GameDayDog's Center for Folks Who Can't Workout Good and Would Like To Do Other Things Good, Too!
    GameDayDog will become famous soon enough. (+50) GameDayDog will become famous soon enough. (+50) GameDayDog will become famous soon enough. (+50) GameDayDog will become famous soon enough. (+50) GameDayDog will become famous soon enough. (+50) GameDayDog will become famous soon enough. (+50) GameDayDog will become famous soon enough. (+50) GameDayDog will become famous soon enough. (+50) GameDayDog will become famous soon enough. (+50) GameDayDog will become famous soon enough. (+50) GameDayDog will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Cool My Thoughts..

Originally Posted by jaguarr
    Aaaaaand sharing time is over.

jag
    hahaha.. these were my thoughts exactly... hahaha
    I am the Alpha ... RaSP is the oMEGA ... Between the 2 of us - We have everythyng covered...

2300+ Non-Rule Breaking Posts ... 0 Negative Reps.

My favorite threads are the locked & deleted ones.

Everyone find a post by DBFLGirl and rep it... Please!

JaeBeam has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JaeBeam has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JaeBeam has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I used to train and run in marathons. I sweat so much, that I can no longer stay hydrated for the entire race. Now I play ice hockey, and run 5k's. I ran my last 1/2 marathon last year in Duluth.

About 8 years ago, on a hot, humid summer day I went for a 10 mile run with my cousin. We didn't bring water, but hey, my long runs were up to 20 miles, so no problem.

I got on the scale before, and after the run. I had lost 12 pounds. In 1.5 hours. I was starting to see black spots by the end of the run. Patrick Ewing used to lose 12 pounds over the course of an NBA game. It sucks when your shoes get wet and its not raining!

bigshadow will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigshadow will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigshadow will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigshadow will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigshadow will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigshadow will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigshadow will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigshadow will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigshadow will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigshadow will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigshadow will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Minotaur
    And if I remember correctly, fit people take longer than unfit people to start sweating because of the efficiency of their bodies, but when fit people do start to sweat, it's a flood.
    Not sure where I fall in this, other than I start sweating immediately and I sweat like a race horse. I am overweight (but working on it, lost close to 100lbs in about 2 years) and not really FIT.

Giving up on LORD STANLEY BeLeafer's Avatar
    BeLeafer will become famous soon enough. (+50) BeLeafer will become famous soon enough. (+50) BeLeafer will become famous soon enough. (+50) BeLeafer will become famous soon enough. (+50) BeLeafer will become famous soon enough. (+50) BeLeafer will become famous soon enough. (+50) BeLeafer will become famous soon enough. (+50) BeLeafer will become famous soon enough. (+50) BeLeafer will become famous soon enough. (+50) BeLeafer will become famous soon enough. (+50) BeLeafer will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Are you guys sure about this??
    Is it possible to be a "fit, fatguy?"
    I am probably 40-50 pounds over weight, and sweat like a plump pig at a BBQ. ............ALL THE TIME.
    Not just the little sweat stains under the arms kinda sweat,
    I mean shirt drenched and @$$ crack sweatlines on the chinos kinda sweat.
    After going to the gym I can literally wring my clothes and have water pour to the floor.
    So does this make me a "fit, fatguy?"
    "If you prick me, do I not Bleed? (blue and white)"

bigshadow will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigshadow will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigshadow will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigshadow will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigshadow will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigshadow will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigshadow will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigshadow will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigshadow will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigshadow will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigshadow will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by BeLeafer
    Are you guys sure about this??
    Is it possible to be a "fit, fatguy?"
    I am probably 40-50 pounds over weight, and sweat like a plump pig at a BBQ. ............ALL THE TIME.
    Not just the little sweat stains under the arms kinda sweat,
    I mean shirt drenched and @$$ crack sweatlines on the chinos kinda sweat.
    After going to the gym I can literally wring my clothes and have water pour to the floor.
    So does this make me a "fit, fatguy?"
    Yeah, that is what I am talking about! LOL That is how I sweat. I am about 80lbs over weight.

Giving up on LORD STANLEY BeLeafer's Avatar
    BeLeafer will become famous soon enough. (+50) BeLeafer will become famous soon enough. (+50) BeLeafer will become famous soon enough. (+50) BeLeafer will become famous soon enough. (+50) BeLeafer will become famous soon enough. (+50) BeLeafer will become famous soon enough. (+50) BeLeafer will become famous soon enough. (+50) BeLeafer will become famous soon enough. (+50) BeLeafer will become famous soon enough. (+50) BeLeafer will become famous soon enough. (+50) BeLeafer will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by bigshadow
    Yeah, that is what I am talking about! LOL That is how I sweat. I am about 80lbs over weight.
    And I don't even have to be working out. I can't ever remember a time when I used deodorant, IT HAS TO BE ANTI-PERSPIRANT for me. Always where a "full t-shirt, undershirt" (I work in a suit and tie). And all of my dress pants are lined (see previous post in this thread). So what's up with that??
    "If you prick me, do I not Bleed? (blue and white)"

Be-Be has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Be-Be has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Be-Be has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Be-Be has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Be-Be has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Be-Be has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Be-Be has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Be-Be has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Be-Be has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Be-Be has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Be-Be has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I have noticed as I get fitter and lose weight that I've been sweating more. I guess I assumed it was because I was able to work at a higher intensity now.