Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Half Norse, Half Animal VikingMan's Avatar
    VikingMan is just really nice. (+1000) VikingMan is just really nice. (+1000) VikingMan is just really nice. (+1000) VikingMan is just really nice. (+1000) VikingMan is just really nice. (+1000) VikingMan is just really nice. (+1000) VikingMan is just really nice. (+1000) VikingMan is just really nice. (+1000) VikingMan is just really nice. (+1000) VikingMan is just really nice. (+1000) VikingMan is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by NaturalHIT View Post
    On the other hand if someone is able to do 11 reps, then 9 reps, then 7 reps he is not generating enough intensity and will need to use 3 sets (or more) UNTIL his "intensity" skill becomes better.
    lol

Guys, we all need to work on our "intensity" skilz. Got that? Yall takin notes? This is good ****.
    How does one destroy darkness? The answer dawned upon my mind, blinding in it's brilliance. To destroy darkness, one must simply expose it to the light.

BOLT. will become famous soon enough. (+50) BOLT. will become famous soon enough. (+50) BOLT. will become famous soon enough. (+50) BOLT. will become famous soon enough. (+50) BOLT. will become famous soon enough. (+50) BOLT. will become famous soon enough. (+50) BOLT. will become famous soon enough. (+50) BOLT. will become famous soon enough. (+50) BOLT. will become famous soon enough. (+50) BOLT. will become famous soon enough. (+50) BOLT. will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by VikingMan View Post
    lol

Guys, we all need to work on our "intensity" skilz. Got that? Yall takin notes? This is good ****.
    You should listen to naturalHIT he's way smarter than you about HIT. How many times have you done HIT? For how long? See, you obviously dont know anything about HIT. Listen to the experts for now on and you will be successful.

VikingMan is just really nice. (+1000) VikingMan is just really nice. (+1000) VikingMan is just really nice. (+1000) VikingMan is just really nice. (+1000) VikingMan is just really nice. (+1000) VikingMan is just really nice. (+1000) VikingMan is just really nice. (+1000) VikingMan is just really nice. (+1000) VikingMan is just really nice. (+1000) VikingMan is just really nice. (+1000) VikingMan is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by BOLT. View Post
    You should listen to naturalHIT he's way smarter than you about HIT. How many times have you done HIT? For how long? See, you obviously dont know anything about HIT. Listen to the experts for now on and you will be successful.
    Don't make me neg you.
    How does one destroy darkness? The answer dawned upon my mind, blinding in it's brilliance. To destroy darkness, one must simply expose it to the light.

all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Nah dont. NaturalHIT and 22 whatever are both clueless.
    They are both the same person.

Oh Hi Mr Spector. Is the new HIT faq ready for sale yet?

BOLT. will become famous soon enough. (+50) BOLT. will become famous soon enough. (+50) BOLT. will become famous soon enough. (+50) BOLT. will become famous soon enough. (+50) BOLT. will become famous soon enough. (+50) BOLT. will become famous soon enough. (+50) BOLT. will become famous soon enough. (+50) BOLT. will become famous soon enough. (+50) BOLT. will become famous soon enough. (+50) BOLT. will become famous soon enough. (+50) BOLT. will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by all pro View Post
    They are?? I knew it!

Originally Posted by all pro View Post
    You learn to smell that kind of stuff out on an internet forum.

I once insulted a guy who had started posting in my journal for sounding like a know it all, only to later suspect (rightly) that he was actually kethnaab. Sent the guy a PM appologizing, and sure enough, he was kethnaab. I felt like such an ass.

jonyork has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jonyork has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jonyork has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jonyork has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jonyork has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jonyork has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    what do you mean Mozelstein by diminishing returns? you doubt this will help me?

and BOLT. what do you mean by NaturalHIT and 22 whatever are clueless?

Originally Posted by jonyork View Post
    and BOLT. what do you mean by NaturalHIT and 22 whatever are clueless?
    NaturalHIT and 22 stone matty are clueless. They are recent members of this forum. One is banned now though.

jonyork has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jonyork has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jonyork has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jonyork has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jonyork has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jonyork has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    so why do you post "You should listen to naturalHIT he's way smarter than you about HIT. How many times have you done HIT? For how long? See, you obviously dont know anything about HIT. Listen to the experts for now on and you will be successful." ??

im confused

so why do you post "You should listen to naturalHIT he's way smarter than you about HIT. How many times have you done HIT? For how long? See, you obviously dont know anything about HIT. Listen to the experts for now on and you will be successful." ??

im confused
    I was kidding

so your saying NaturalHIT does not know what hes saying?

so your saying NaturalHIT does not know what hes saying?
    No I dont think he does considering he contradicts the people on this forum who know a LOT more than he does.

alright, well HIT seems to be more up my alley since its less time consuming or do you still really suggest 5x5?

alright, well HIT seems to be more up my alley since its less time consuming or do you still really suggest 5x5?
    HIT is not a very well backed up program. It was created by a guy who did it at the very end of his career basically when he quit. There's a few people who get good results on it. Oddly enough most of them use steroids. It has some good principles to it, but overall it's based on false information. I would do a 5x5 over HIT any day.

alright, solid reason why not to follow HIT. so what is HST then?

scratch that last post of mine.

how does this sound for a 5x5 program

---------------------------------------------
    Workout A

Chest -> bench press
    Chest -> fly

Tri -> Dips
    Tri -> head crusher

Shoulder -> Millitairy press
    Shoulder -> Lat raise
    Shoulder -> scarecrow
    -----------------------------------------------

Workout B

Back -> single arm row
    Back -> chin ups
    Back -> single arm pulldowns

Bi -> dumbell curl
    Bi -> Hammer curl

abs -> twisting crunches
    abs -> reverse crunches
    abs -> hanging leg raises

L-back -> good mornings
    L-back -> superman
    --------------------------------------------------

Workout C

Legs-> calf raises
    Legs-> hack squats
    Legs-> leg curls
    Legs-> leg extensions
    Legs-> deadlift

general stretching and flexibility exercises after
    ----------------------------------------------------

Pre workout warmup will be going through the motions of the workout of the day with 50% of the weight.

No, that's not a 5x5 workout. Here's a good 5x5 workout for intermediates.

Monday

Squat 5x5 (35%, 70%, 80%, 90%, 100% of 5RM)
    Bench Press 5x5 (35%, 70%, 80%, 90%, 100% of 5RM)
    Barbell Row 5x5 (35%, 70%, 80%, 90%, 100% of 5RM)

Wednesday

Squat 4x5 (first three sets are same as Monday's first three sets, 4th set is same as third)
    Deadlift 4x5 (35%, 70%, 90%, 100%)
    Inclined Bench 4x5 (35%, 70%, 90%, 100%)

Friday

Squat 5x5 (35%, 60%, 70%, 80% 90% of Mondays 5RM)
    Bench Press 5x5 (35%, 60%, 70%, 80% 90% of Mondays 5RM)
    Barbell Row 5x5 (35%, 60%, 70%, 80% 90% of Mondays 5RM)

Then you can add 2-3 accessory lifts throughout the week.

oh

i was thinking every set was using 100% of your 5RM. with the warmup set being 50% of your 5RM.

oh

i was thinking every set was using 100% of your 5RM. with the warmup set being 50% of your 5RM.
    You can either do 5 sets of 5 with a set weight, or ramping. For the program I posted, you do it ramping.

i was thinking every set was using 100% of your 5RM.
    That would be impossible. If the weight is truly your 5RM, there's no way you should be able to get 5 sets of 5 reps with it. Your 5X5 rep max will be somewhere around 90-95% of your 5RM, give or take.

Originally Posted by VikingMan View Post
    That would be impossible. If the weight is truly your 5RM, there's no way you should be able to get 5 sets of 5 reps with it. Your 5X5 rep max will be somewhere around 90-95% of your 5RM, give or take.
    I think he meant just using the same weight for 5x5

yeah, i was thinking the same weight for all 5 sets. it was to be also the most weight i could use to complete the 5 sets so the last set would be a "failure" set. then the week after id add a bit of wieght (say for curls add 2.5 lbs each time i do the exercise) and gradually get up to very heavy wieghts

Awnold79 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Awnold79 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Awnold79 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Awnold79 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Awnold79 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Awnold79 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Awnold79 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Awnold79 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Awnold79 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Awnold79 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Awnold79 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Nah dont. NaturalHIT and 22 whatever are both clueless.
    But I'm not. I'd be happy to help if you need it. I've been training with HIT for a couple of years now.
    I eat to failure.

yeah, i was thinking the same weight for all 5 sets. it was to be also the most weight i could use to complete the 5 sets so the last set would be a "failure" set. then the week after id add a bit of wieght (say for curls add 2.5 lbs each time i do the exercise) and gradually get up to very heavy wieghts
    For the routine I posted, you do it ramping. I think it might be a better option for you. 5x5 straight sets is a lot more to recover from.

Awnold79 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Awnold79 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Awnold79 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Awnold79 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Awnold79 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Awnold79 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Awnold79 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Awnold79 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Awnold79 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Awnold79 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Awnold79 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Intensity skill? Wow........can't say I've ever heard of that before. When completing a set to failure, you lift untill you cannot complete another rep. Of course you'll be able to complete a few more reps on a second set a few minutes later, but you shouldn't. You should be moving on to your next exercise. Here is what my last 3 workouts have been: All of my workouts last approximately 30 minutes.

CHEST/BACK
    DB flys: 1 X 17 X 100's
    Incline BB Press: 1 X 6 X 350 (rest/pause)
    Dips: 1 X 9 X BW + 90lbs
    Straight arm pulldown: 1 X 14 X 200 superset with
    CG pulldown: 1 X 9 X 300
    BB Rows: 1 X 12 X 405

SHOULDERS/ARMS
    DB lateral raise: 1 X 13 X 90's
    Shoulder press: 1 X 7 X 320 (rest/pause)
    Tricep pushdown: 1 X 8 X 160 (on lat pulldown machine) superset with
    Dips: 1 X 9 X BW + 100lbs
    BB curls: 1 X 9 X 150
    Hammer curls: 1 X 9 X 90's

LEGS
    Leg extension: 1 X 18 X 320
    Leg press: 1 X 6 X 1200 (rest/pause)
    SLDL: 1 X 8 X 455
    I eat to failure.

Stanco is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stanco is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stanco is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stanco is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stanco is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stanco is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stanco is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stanco is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stanco is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stanco is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stanco is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Awnold79, have you tried the consolidation routine? Mike only mentions the consolidation routines in his seminars.

Yup I have. More for a change of routine than anything else. I alway go back to the ideal routine though. I cycle through different exercises and training techniques such as rest/pause, forced negatives etc. It's been working very well for me.
    I eat to failure.

i think i will do the 5x5 ramping, and then when i hit a plateau i will switch over to HIT. does that make good sense?