TheReasonSF3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheReasonSF3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheReasonSF3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheReasonSF3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheReasonSF3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheReasonSF3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheReasonSF3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheReasonSF3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheReasonSF3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheReasonSF3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheReasonSF3 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Has Anyone Here Had Any Success With Arnold's Workouts From His Encyclopedia?

i've read a couple journals of people that have had success with his beginner's workout. Has anyone else tried his routines and had success with them? The routines don't look that good to me (looks like it will cause overtraining) but if people are getting bigger on them, then I'd like to maybe try one of his workouts.

darkline is on a distinguished road. (+10) darkline is on a distinguished road. (+10) darkline is on a distinguished road. (+10) darkline is on a distinguished road. (+10) darkline is on a distinguished road. (+10) darkline is on a distinguished road. (+10) darkline is on a distinguished road. (+10) darkline is on a distinguished road. (+10) darkline is on a distinguished road. (+10) darkline is on a distinguished road. (+10) darkline is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I did years ago (with some modifications) and it gave me a pretty good base to continue on with. Although when I tried the 6 days a week training split, I felt SO ridiculously tired and burnt out, so I always ended up going 4, max 5 days per week.

Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by TheReasonSF3
    i've read a couple journals of people that have had success with his beginner's workout. Has anyone else tried his routines and had success with them? The routines don't look that good to me (looks like it will cause overtraining) but if people are getting bigger on them, then I'd like to maybe try one of his workouts.
    Yes, I got the greatest growth ever in my life doing his Advanced I program (from his first edition-5 sets per exercise not 4 and 3 like the new one).

I was completely natural (anticipates comments). I am not a super mesomorph and actually have a tendency towards "skinny-fat" (endomorphic-ectomorph)

The important thing to remember is that you have to be super-motivated, which I was. I used NO supplements, partied alot (this was college) and my diet was crappy (but high in calories).

sabonis224 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sabonis224 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sabonis224 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sabonis224 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sabonis224 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sabonis224 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sabonis224 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sabonis224 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sabonis224 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sabonis224 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sabonis224 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Didn't even attempt it. I don't like the idea of working the same muscle group 2-3 times a week.

skins1972 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I work out some groups 2 times a week and at times 3 times a week, I have had great results and I cant complain. You wont know unless you try it. Everybody reacts differently.

J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I used his stuff for my first 2 years of "proper" training, I still like a lot of his ideas, even though they aren't too popular on these boards.

I was training pretty stupid until I got that book as a gift, and it helped me organize my training...and definitely helped get me into the right mindset. As a mesomorph i seem to be able to get away with a lot of stuff that is considered overtraining and anti-hypertrophy on here though.
    Last edited by J.L.C.; 06-22-2005 at 08:17 AM.

Jared Bruff has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jared Bruff has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jared Bruff has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jared Bruff has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jared Bruff has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jared Bruff has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by sabonis224
    Didn't even attempt it. I don't like the idea of working the same muscle group 2-3 times a week.
    Why not?

J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Jared Bruff
    Why not?
    Cuz he's 17 LOL

BodyBuilder125 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BodyBuilder125 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BodyBuilder125 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BodyBuilder125 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BodyBuilder125 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BodyBuilder125 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BodyBuilder125 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BodyBuilder125 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BodyBuilder125 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BodyBuilder125 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BodyBuilder125 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Yeah I started out using the book and some of the exercises worked in gaining size and strength but as I got more into the lifting i felt it was kinda overtraining I still do some off and on but I am making my own routines now good luck bro

40 days of pain and glory fiftyhann's Avatar
    fiftyhann has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fiftyhann has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fiftyhann has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fiftyhann has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fiftyhann has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fiftyhann has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fiftyhann has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fiftyhann has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fiftyhann has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fiftyhann has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fiftyhann has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Go for it!

Wow, you're really ambitious TheReasonSF3! It seems you're checking out everything you possibly can to get ripped. That's cool you're considering Arnold's program, I would definitely recommend it. Check out my workout journal (link in my signature). I would agree with Defiant1, I'm experiencing the greatest growth in my life.

The best aspect about Arnold's program is doing antagonistic groups in the same day. That way you stretch the muscle you just worked out while doing the antagonistic exercises. For instance, you stretch your back while doing presses and you stretch your chest while doing rows, etc...

The only drawback that many people (like you) see is that you have to work your biceps/triceps 4 times a week. In reality, you do biceps/triceps twice a week as a primary muscle and another two times as a secondary muscle (with presses and rows on chest/back day). If you master your technique you should be able to minimize the amount of work done by the secondary muscles to avoid what some consider overtraining. Arnold talks about this in his book.

I've learned from experience that it is easier to minimize secondary work done by triceps than it is to minimize secondary bicep work. This means you'll work your biceps harder, but fortuneately biceps are one of your fastest recovering muscles. Using this program I added 1.25 inches on each arm since March.

Good luck!

TheReasonSF3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheReasonSF3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheReasonSF3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheReasonSF3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheReasonSF3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheReasonSF3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheReasonSF3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheReasonSF3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheReasonSF3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheReasonSF3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheReasonSF3 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    i think i might start this monday, but wouldn't i be better off doing chest with shoulders and triceps, and back with biceps?

will this be alright to start?

3 sets for everything unless otherwise noted.
    Monday/Thursday- Chest/Back
    Bench Press
    Incline Press
    Cable Crossovers

Chinups- 4 sets
    Bent-Over Rows
    Lat Pulldowns
    Deadlifts

Tuesday/Friday- Shoulders/Arms
    DB Shoulder Press
    Dumbell Lateral Press
    Heavy Upright Rows- 3 sets 10, 6, 4 reps to failure
    Push Presses- 3 sets of 6, 4, 2 reps to failure

Dips
    Tricep Extensions

Standing Barbell Curls
    Seated Dumbell Curls

Wrist Curls

Wednesday- Legs
    Squats
    Lunges
    Leg Curls
    Standing Calf Raises

^^^ i have decided to start this. if it doesn't seem to be going good and if i start feeling like i am overtraining i will try this:
    Monday/Thursday- Chest/Shoulders/Triceps
    Tuesday/Friday- Back/Biceps/Forearms
    Wednesday- Legs

Rockfella will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rockfella will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rockfella will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rockfella will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rockfella will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rockfella will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rockfella will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rockfella will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rockfella will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rockfella will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rockfella will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    U have to be really warmed up to make 3 sets of bench press give u the pump. NOt many people are comfortable doing this routine. Look into Starting strength or 5 x 5s first imo though i love doing this routine.
    Originally Posted by TheReasonSF3 View Post
    will this be alright to start?

3 sets for everything unless otherwise noted.
    Monday/Thursday- Chest/Back
    Bench Press
    Incline Press
    Cable Crossovers

Chinups- 4 sets
    Bent-Over Rows
    Lat Pulldowns
    Deadlifts

Tuesday/Friday- Shoulders/Arms
    DB Shoulder Press
    Dumbell Lateral Press
    Heavy Upright Rows- 3 sets 10, 6, 4 reps to failure
    Push Presses- 3 sets of 6, 4, 2 reps to failure

Dips
    Tricep Extensions

Standing Barbell Curls
    Seated Dumbell Curls

Wrist Curls

Wednesday- Legs
    Squats
    Lunges
    Leg Curls
    Standing Calf Raises
    On 5/3/1.

Rockfella will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rockfella will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rockfella will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rockfella will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rockfella will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rockfella will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rockfella will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rockfella will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rockfella will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rockfella will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rockfella will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Oh god, just saw its a 2005 thread!
    On 5/3/1.