Registered User davidnikkityler's Avatar
    davidnikkityler has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Need help with baby fat!!

Hi...I have gotten a lot of good information off of this web-site as well as from replies of people on it so here I go with my first journal!!
    I am a 20-year-old mother of a six month old baby. I had a hard pregnancy and was bascially bed-ridden for two months at the end. I am 5 feet 7 inches tall. I was 200 pounds in December when I delivered. Six months later and I am at a STUBBORN 160 pounds!! I work out 6 days a week doing weights and cardio and am on a low-fat/calorie way of eating. I always have been though. I dont drink soft drinks, I dont eat junk, and I drink a lot of water. However, the scale stays the same. I work my ass off at the gym and feel the pounds should be coming off really quick!! prior to pregnancy I was a study and lean 135 pounds. I worked out all the time and was completely toned. I had a modeling contract with an agency and competed in beauty pageants. I have to get back there and am trying to figure out why I'm in this rut. It's pretty disheartening. Plus my husband is about to be deployed overseas!! That is putting a lot of stress on me right now so I really dont eat as much as I should. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

This is an example of my week:
    Monday- bis and tris and cardio
    Tuesday- legs and cardio
    Wednesday- shoulders, back, chest and abs and cardio
    Thursday- bis and tris
    Friday- legs and cardio
    Saturday- shoulders chest back and abs and cardio

On any given day if I dont have to energy to do weights Ill just up my cardio from 20 minutes to either 30 or 45...but I try not to do that so that I can build muscle and get the metabolism booster for the whole day. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks!!
    Nikki
    --Army wife--Toughest job in the Army--
    })i({ Nikki })i({

[url]www.hometown.aol.com/sassiangel316/[/url]

[url]http://community.webshots.com/user/davidnikkityler[/url]

Prove you're worth a damn DJohnson's Avatar
    DJohnson is just really nice. (+1000) DJohnson is just really nice. (+1000) DJohnson is just really nice. (+1000) DJohnson is just really nice. (+1000) DJohnson is just really nice. (+1000) DJohnson is just really nice. (+1000) DJohnson is just really nice. (+1000) DJohnson is just really nice. (+1000) DJohnson is just really nice. (+1000) DJohnson is just really nice. (+1000) DJohnson is just really nice. (+1000)
    Lift heavy. Eat good fats because they speed fat loss, 20 percent of your calories should be coming from good fats. Make sure you're eating enough and your body isn't hanging onto the fat because it thinks it's starving. Otherwise, keep it up.
    History: Mar, 2001: 135lbs @ ~14% | Nov, 2004: 245lbs @ ~40% | Dec, 2006: 168lbs @ 5.5%ish | Nov, 2008: 177lbs @ 5.5%ish | Dec, 2016: 179lbs

skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    You might want to try a ketogenic diet like CKD or even atkins. It seems to be a good plataue breaker.
    I've gained and lost over 100lbs more times than any man alive should. Do as I say and not as I do.

ericTHEninja is on a distinguished road. (+10) ericTHEninja is on a distinguished road. (+10) ericTHEninja is on a distinguished road. (+10) ericTHEninja is on a distinguished road. (+10) ericTHEninja is on a distinguished road. (+10) ericTHEninja is on a distinguished road. (+10) ericTHEninja is on a distinguished road. (+10) ericTHEninja is on a distinguished road. (+10) ericTHEninja is on a distinguished road. (+10) ericTHEninja is on a distinguished road. (+10) ericTHEninja is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Ok, so you've lost 40 lbs. over 6 months. Assume 4 weeks/month and that's 24 months which means you've been losing about 1.67 lbs/week. I can understand your frustration, but it really sounds to me like you're doing the weight loss thing right which losing 40 lbs for one is admirable and on top of that you're one of the few people who's doing it the right way. Minus the frustration, you should be very proud of yourself.

skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by ericTHEninja
    Ok, so you've lost 40 lbs. over 6 months. Assume 4 weeks/month and that's 24 months which means you've been losing about 1.67 lbs/week. I can understand your frustration, but it really sounds to me like you're doing the weight loss thing right which losing 40 lbs for one is admirable and on top of that you're one of the few people who's doing it the right way. Minus the frustration, you should be very proud of yourself.
    It's not about her being proud of herself, it's about her getting back into modelling.

Consider a ketogenic diet. If your body responds well to it, you will drop fat faster than you've ever thought possible in your life. In my own personal experience, I dropped 4.5% bodyfat in 18 days after being plataued for 2 months.
    I've gained and lost over 100lbs more times than any man alive should. Do as I say and not as I do.

Stand Ablaze is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stand Ablaze is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stand Ablaze is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stand Ablaze is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stand Ablaze is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stand Ablaze is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stand Ablaze is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stand Ablaze is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stand Ablaze is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stand Ablaze is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stand Ablaze is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I've been thinking about keto myself, I enjoy bread too much but. Giv'us an example of your diet, you seem to be in love with keto

Originally Posted by Stand Ablaze
    I've been thinking about keto myself, I enjoy bread too much but. Giv'us an example of your diet, you seem to be in love with keto
    Today so far I've eaten:

3 whole eggs, 8 strips of bacon, 2.5oz chicken breast, 2 tblspns of mayo, 2oz hamsteak, 3oz of avocado, 3 ounces of chream cheese, a bunch of spinach, and an ounce of unsweetened bakers chocolate..... and I still have 600+ calories left to eat today How can I not love keto? I'm losing FAT faster than I ever thought possible, and look at what I eat!

While on keto you can make things like artichoke pie, omelletes, bacon and eggs, filet mignon wrapped in bacon, cheeseburgers, pork rhinds, ... the list of "tasty" foods goes on and on. Keto food is just awesome

Karolina has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by davidnikkityler
    I am a 20-year-old mother of a six month old baby.
    It very well might be the hormones. I'm by no means an expert and I'm also currently struggling with losing the last layer of fat but I've heard that for a period of time after the pregnancy your hormones can get pretty messed up. It may also depend on whether you're breast feeding or not. BTW, if you're breast feeding I wouldn't suggest keto. But again, I'm no expert. Just my 2 cents.
    -------------
    Female, Age: 27
    Current stats:
    5'7.5"
    132 lbs
    BF% ~20 (?)

Goals: cutting to get down to 17-18% BF

Originally Posted by Karolina
    BTW, if you're breast feeding I wouldn't suggest keto. But again, I'm no expert. Just my 2 cents.
    Oh yea, good point. No keto if you're breast feeding. It could cause your breast milk to be ascidic.

ericTHEninja is on a distinguished road. (+10) ericTHEninja is on a distinguished road. (+10) ericTHEninja is on a distinguished road. (+10) ericTHEninja is on a distinguished road. (+10) ericTHEninja is on a distinguished road. (+10) ericTHEninja is on a distinguished road. (+10) ericTHEninja is on a distinguished road. (+10) ericTHEninja is on a distinguished road. (+10) ericTHEninja is on a distinguished road. (+10) ericTHEninja is on a distinguished road. (+10) ericTHEninja is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by skelooth
    It's not about her being proud of herself, it's about her getting back into modelling.
    shall i say duh or just assume you know I was making a comment on the side?

optimumacid is not very well liked. (-100) optimumacid is not very well liked. (-100) optimumacid is not very well liked. (-100) optimumacid is not very well liked. (-100) optimumacid is not very well liked. (-100) optimumacid is not very well liked. (-100) optimumacid is not very well liked. (-100) optimumacid is not very well liked. (-100) optimumacid is not very well liked. (-100) optimumacid is not very well liked. (-100) optimumacid is not very well liked. (-100)
    Today so far I've eaten:

3 whole eggs, 8 strips of bacon, 2.5oz chicken breast, 2 tblspns of mayo, 2oz hamsteak, 3oz of avocado, 3 ounces of chream cheese, a bunch of spinach, and an ounce of unsweetened bakers chocolate..... and I still have 600+ calories left to eat today How can I not love keto? I'm losing FAT faster than I ever thought possible, and look at what I eat!

While on keto you can make things like artichoke pie, omelletes, bacon and eggs, filet mignon wrapped in bacon, cheeseburgers, pork rhinds, ... the list of "tasty" foods goes on and on. Keto food is just awesome
    How many cals are you eating per day?

optimumacid is not very well liked. (-100) optimumacid is not very well liked. (-100) optimumacid is not very well liked. (-100) optimumacid is not very well liked. (-100) optimumacid is not very well liked. (-100) optimumacid is not very well liked. (-100) optimumacid is not very well liked. (-100) optimumacid is not very well liked. (-100) optimumacid is not very well liked. (-100) optimumacid is not very well liked. (-100) optimumacid is not very well liked. (-100)
    You should look into Protein Sparing Modified Fast. I can lose 1lb/day, but I'm a big guy... nevertheless, it is true fat loss per day, you will see when you read up on it. Think of it as a low calorie atkins variant. And Atkins is a scam for the record.

Originally Posted by optimumacid
    How many cals are you eating per day?

and please explain how atkins is a "scam".... lol Ketogenic diets are the most efficient and muscle sparing diets available. Even UD2.0 and BodyOpus make use of Ketosis.

My god...
    Why ... why...

Anyways, PSMF (which I do) is ketogenic. But those atkins bars and **** have more fat in them to make up for the loss of carbs. That is why I say it is a scam. Okay, commercialized atkins is a scam. I think we can both agree there.

PSMF > Atkins by the way.
    Oh and on a good day I take in 500 calories. Protein + EFAs. Lots of supps.

My god...
    Why ... why...

Anyways, PSMF (which I do) is ketogenic. But those atkins bars and **** have more fat in them to make up for the loss of carbs. That is why I say it is a scam. Okay, commercialized atkins is a scam. I think we can both agree there.

PSMF > Atkins by the way.
    Oh and on a good day I take in 500 calories. Protein + EFAs. Lots of supps.
    ahh, you see, you are confusing the atkins diet with the commercialized BS atkins products. atkins "the brand name" is a scam. But if you ever get a chance to pick up and older edition of his actual book... you'll see it's a "run of the mill" ketogenic diet that is geared for sedentry (read, typical fat american) people.

I do CKD, which, give or take a few things, is atkins with a huge carb up to replenish muscle glycogen.

ahh, you see, you are confusing the atkins diet with the commercialized BS atkins products. atkins "the brand name" is a scam. But if you ever get a chance to pick up and older edition of his actual book... you'll see it's a "run of the mill" ketogenic diet that is geared for sedentry (read, typical fat american) people.

I do CKD, which, give or take a few things, is atkins with a huge carb up to replenish muscle glycogen.
    I never read the old or new books. Did dht eold book restict caloric intake? I mean, you could get fat eating chicken if you starting in the morning and ended at midnight. I met a guy on commercialized atkins who lost 1lb a week and he thought that was awesome. I don't think people honestly understand what to do on a diet....

I never read the old or new books. Did dht eold book restict caloric intake? I mean, you could get fat eating chicken if you starting in the morning and ended at midnight. I met a guy on commercialized atkins who lost 1lb a week and he thought that was awesome. I don't think people honestly understand what to do on a diet....
    Well, during the induction period, you only limit carbs. I don't remember exactly how it works, but it does mention that you can't just eat non stop food. It's not strict like the diets we are used to.

And actually, 1lb a week is good if you're lean already that is.

There is one crazy guy on Lyle Mc Donalds forum who PSMF downed to about 2.2% BF or something... He lost more than 1lb a week I'm sure, but we joke about how it felt for him to be dead....

I actually plan to stick to PSMF to 10% BF. We shall see how that goes, I'm still fat so my body is taking this well...

travis h is on a distinguished road. (+10) travis h is on a distinguished road. (+10) travis h is on a distinguished road. (+10) travis h is on a distinguished road. (+10) travis h is on a distinguished road. (+10) travis h is on a distinguished road. (+10) travis h is on a distinguished road. (+10) travis h is on a distinguished road. (+10) travis h is on a distinguished road. (+10) travis h is on a distinguished road. (+10) travis h is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    To the original poster...breastfeed!!! (if you're not already).
    30, M, 6'0"
    07//01/06 - 187 lbs - 8-9% BF
    Goal: 199 lbs - <10% by '07

so many replies!!

No I am not breastfeeding anymore and its not an option because im about to get breast implants. The scale is finally starting to budge!! I have a question? Since I am on a low-no fat diet now...will starting the ketogenic diet make my body go crazy because of all the fat? Is that really unhealthy for your heart? Thanks for all of the replies!
    })i({ Nikki })i({

by the way....

Today I had sushi for lunch, worked out from 7-8:30ish, and had a pita pocket with chicken breast.
    I had an awesome night at the gym tonight. I did weights for bis and tris for 45 minutes, cardio for 20...and then rewarded myself with 30 minutes in the tanning bed. Im getting so dark which is doing wonders for my stretch marks!! Im actually surprised because my tummy is starting to flatten out...Im going to give myself a year after having my baby, which will be december 2005 and whatever i havent lost by then i plan on letting the plastic surgeon take care of....lol. im definitely getting back into my modeling career!! Thanks for all of the replies!!
    })i({ Nikki })i({

No I am not breastfeeding anymore and its not an option because im about to get breast implants. The scale is finally starting to budge!! I have a question? Since I am on a low-no fat diet now...will starting the ketogenic diet make my body go crazy because of all the fat? Is that really unhealthy for your heart? Thanks for all of the replies!
    If done right, a high fat diet is actually HEALTHY for your heart. A keto diet done right will regulate cholesterol levels in your favor.

And switching from a low fat diet to a high fat diet WILL make your body go crazy... in a good way After an induction period, your body will start burning fat faster than you ever thought possible... no joke.

... Please skelooth, don't tell Mc Donalds a high fat diet is good for your heart.

... Please skelooth, don't tell Mc Donalds a high fat diet is good for your heart.
    I said when done correctly. Hydrogenated and saturated animal fats are bad no matter what diet you're on. Do you understand the difference between healthy fat and bad fat? I'd recommend you learn something about nutrition. After seeing some of your posts, I'd wager your knowledge on nutrition is close to nill. Change that, it's important. Healthy eating is a life skill.

I said when done correctly. Hydrogenated and saturated animal fats are bad no matter what diet you're on. Do you understand the difference between healthy fat and bad fat? I'd recommend you learn something about nutrition. After seeing some of your posts, I'd wager your knowledge on nutrition is close to nill. Change that, it's important. Healthy eating is a life skill.
    It was a joke, and you didn't specify in your first sentence of that post that it was good fats. it was later implied a keto diet done right....

It was a joke, and you didn't specify in your first sentence of that post that it was good fats. it was later implied a keto diet done right....
    Well, it's common sense that if you're eating a lot of fat, you'd make it good fat. Flax, avocado, coconut, olive oil, fish, etc

Ask the average american what good fat is.... They might reply, Doritos because they taste good.

travis h is on a distinguished road. (+10) travis h is on a distinguished road. (+10) travis h is on a distinguished road. (+10) travis h is on a distinguished road. (+10) travis h is on a distinguished road. (+10) travis h is on a distinguished road. (+10) travis h is on a distinguished road. (+10) travis h is on a distinguished road. (+10) travis h is on a distinguished road. (+10) travis h is on a distinguished road. (+10) travis h is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Well, I understand that it's a personal subject so feel free to ignore me, but planning for plastic surgery isn't a reason for breast feeding to not be an option. Seriously, ignoring the benefits to your new baby, the production of a day's worth of breast milk can drain you of upwards of 1,000 calories with no effort on your part. Hell, I wish I could breast feed Imagine your fat loss potential if you added that to your current routine and did the implants in six months!
    30, M, 6'0"
    07//01/06 - 187 lbs - 8-9% BF
    Goal: 199 lbs - <10% by '07

breast implants...

I wish i could start breast feeding again!! but i havent breastfed since 6 weeks and ive been dried up for almost half a year now!! it would be amazing if i could....but i cant. i am really interested in the keto diet!! Can you give me a sample menu for a day? thanks babe!
    })i({ Nikki })i({

lifequest has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lifequest has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lifequest has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lifequest has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lifequest has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lifequest has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lifequest has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lifequest has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lifequest has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lifequest has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lifequest has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Just as a side note…I tried keto and it was awful for me. My body responded horribly. But it’s definitely worth trying to see how you respond. And skel, maybe I’m way off base here, but don’t you in your diet eat all kinds of sausage and cheese and what not? These are very high in saturated fat. Which you said was bad no mater what above. I’m acutely very interested in how it works. I think you say you cycle these food with good food. I’m kind of ignorant on the subject though sorry.
    The range of what we think and do is limited by what we fail to notice. And because we fail to notice THAT we fail to notice there is little we can do to change until we notice how failing to notice shapes our thoughts and deeds.

The Beginners Guide to FAT loss / LQ Journal:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=827373