Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    V-5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) V-5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) V-5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) V-5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) V-5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) V-5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) V-5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) V-5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) V-5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) V-5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) V-5 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

the cutting primer for dummies

The Cutting Primer
    By rambo @steroid.com/ironforlife.com
    It’s about time we had a decent full length post on cutting…

Let’s get a few things straight…
    1. All of the insights I’m about to provide are not person-specific. What that means is that it is a general guideline, not a bible.
    2. I truly do believe that bodybuilding is 80% diet. You can lift your ass off daily, and still look horrible if you aren’t eating right.
    3. You are what you eat. It’s just that simple.

The BASICS-
    1.Postworkout Nutrition- I’m a firm believer that PWO nutrition is hands down the most important aspect of dieting. It is within the 15 minutes after a workout that your body is in dire need of nutrients. It is a completely anabolic state, and what you take in can be optimized to ensure maximum results. A general rule of thumb is 40-60 grams whey protein, and double the amount of whey in carbohydrates (50% dextrose/50% maltodextrin).

2. Carbs- You are **** right, carbs. In a strict cutting diet the majority of your carbs should come in the form of PWO nutrition, and the remainder in breakfast. Fibrous veggies are a staple, but keep in mind that they don’t count towards intake, as they have negligible impacts on blood sugar levels. (Exceptions: Carrots, Peas) All high glycemic carbs outside of PWO should be avoided. The best sources of low GI carbs can be found in oatmeal and brown rice, as well as yams.

3. Protein- You need tons. 1.5-2.0 grams per pound of lean bodyweight is a good general rule of thumb. You should take in a good portion of your protein in the source of real meals, avoid intaking too many shakes, as real food comes to a better benefit. The list foods with high protein bioavailability is extensive, and I will only cover a few, (Egg whites, Lean steak, Chicken breast, the list goes on forever….).

4. Fats- Guess what? You need fat to lose fat. We are talking about the granddaddy of fats, the EFA (Essential Fatty Acid). Good sources of fat are ( Flax Oil, Nuts, Salmon, Olive Oil).

5. The separation of Carbs and Fats- This is a hotly debated issue, but again, in my opinion, an important aspect nonetheless. Remember that it is often when you eat items and with what you eat them that is more important than what you are eating. A mouthful, I know, but stay with me. Remember that when you take in certain carbs, you can spike your insulin levels. If you are taking in fats when your insulin has been spiked, you are allowing the basic laws of physiology to act out, and you allow for a higher propensity for fat storage. Separation is key. The sample diet will give a good example of how to separate them.

6. Supplements-

Glutamine: Helps prevent catabolism when cutting. Best used in dosages of 10grams daily, 5 grams before cardio, 5 grams at another interval, but not after workout as it fights for absorption with the glutamine peptides in whey.
    ALA/R-ALA- Gets my supplement of the day award. R-ALA is effective in lowering the spike of insulin when certain carbs are consumed. I could give you a dissertation on the stereoentisomeric properties of the R, but all you need to know is that it has been found to shuttle carbohydrates away from adipose and into myocytes. Translation: Away from fat cells, into muscle cells. It’s a supplement, however, not a miracle worker. It’s not a crutch, and won’t do anything about fat intake. ALA and R-ALA can also aid in the expedition of the ketogenic state. Remember that if you buy R-ALA that you supplement it with Biotin. Glucorell-R is prepackaged with it. If you can afford it, go for it. As far as dosage, with the R, you are looking at 1-2 pills of Glucorell R for each 30-40grams of carb intake.
    Protein and Carb Shakes: I’m not going to cover protein, because even if you can’t afford it, you should sell a kidney to get some. Carb drinks are rather convenient, and companies offer pre mixed dosages, (CarboHit, Glycoload, UltraFuel). Dextrose and Maltodextrin can be bought from most supplement stores or online.

7. Cheating- Cheating is essential. Why? Remember, the body runs on homeostasis, it likes to keep balance. After eating so well after a week, your body begins to adjust, and fat loss over time will not be as rapid. The other extremely important aspect is mental sanity. So many diets crash and fail because people don’t give themselves a chance to breath. Remember, cheating is not an opportunity for you to pillage the entire mall food court. Shoot for a cheat meal, not an all out binge. A fast food value meal can be 2,000 calories. Eat that 3 times on one day, and you’ve consumed 6,000 calories. And that’s not good in any case.

8. Cardio- Cardio and cutting usually go hand in hand. I won't go into specifics about length, other than cardio shouldn't be excessive. 45 minutes to one hour daily should be sufficient, and should be performed on an empty stomach.

Sample Diet:
    Note: This is a sample diet for a 200 pound gentleman who is wishing to cut. We can assume his BF to be around 15%. This diet will NOT work for you if those criteria don’t apply to you; however it is easy to customize the below diet to take in account your own statistics. It is the principles that are applicable.. I am not going to post the total amount of calories, only the carb, protein and fat macros for the whole day.

Meal 1:
    Lean Protein, 1/2 cup oatmeal

Meal 2:
    Protein shake/Lean Protein (2 tbsp flax

Meal 3:
    Veggies, Lean Protein

Workout

Meal 4:
    PWO Nutrition

Meal 5:
    Veggies, Lean Protein, 1/2 cup rice or oatmeal.

Meal 6:
    Shake with Flax

That turns into approximately 300 grams protein, 130 grams Carbs, and 50 grams of fat.

*Reminder: This is a PRIMER. It’s not mean to be comprehensive.

Here comes the fun part: Question and Answer….

Q: What about dairy?
    A: If you don’t mind a soft look, fat free cottage cheese is an excellent caseinate source, but as for milks- way too much processed sugar. NO.

Q: Should I do a keto diet?
    A: Unless you are morbidly obese, or would like to drag your wilted muscles behind you, stay away from keto. Again, that’s my opinion. You can see my previous posts for my anti-keto ranting.

Q: What about cycling carb intake?
    A: Obviously on non workout days you will be without a shake, so you will be auto-cycling. It works well that way.

Q: Is sodium an issue?
    A: Outside of the bloating issue, or if you have high cholesterol, no.

Q. How do I make my meals not taste like cardboard?
    A. Be creative. Mix in some sugar free jam or splenda in your oats, some hot sauce or soy sauce on your meats, or pick up some sugar free ketchup.

Q. I don’t like old fashioned oats. Can I eat the pre mixed oats with fruit?
    A. No. Be a man. Those mixes have ridiculous amounts of sugar.

Q. What about fruit?
    A: Fruit replenishes glycogen stores in the liver, and in my opinion, is not to be a staple of a strict cutting diet, with a few exceptions.

Q: Can I eat steak while cutting?
    A: Definitely. Make sure it’s a leaner cut.

And with this post I take a sabbatical. I’d like to thank ~Swolecat~ for his influence, and to thank all of you who may have indirectly annoyed me enough to result in this elongated post. If I missed anything, or am horribly wrong on anything, feel free to PM me, and I will edit it in. Best of luck, and remember…

“Obsessed is a the word that lazy people use for dedicated.”

Happy Holidays,

Rambo

* This was edited to reflect a few changes, and change the title to UN official, as was my original intent

this is the cutting method i use, it worked wonders for me just wanted to share it with the good people of bb.com
    everything i say here is for role playing purposes only, i would never advocate the use of anabolic steroids

I WILL do source checks through PMs and my secure email(unless a mod tells us to stop)

PM me for cycle/training advice :)

100% addicted to winning dp13368's Avatar
    dp13368 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dp13368 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dp13368 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dp13368 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dp13368 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dp13368 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dp13368 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dp13368 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dp13368 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dp13368 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dp13368 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Nice, most of this is a staple in cutting and the parts are just in different threads, so good job I guess for reiterating some of these facts for people learning how to cut.
    2004 NCAA Men's Soccer Final 4
    2005 National #2 Ranking

"Everybody wants to know what I'm on. What am I on? I'm on my bike busting my ass six hours a day. What are you on?" -Lance

V-5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) V-5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) V-5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) V-5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) V-5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) V-5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) V-5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) V-5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) V-5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) V-5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) V-5 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by dp13368
    Nice, most of this is a staple in cutting and the parts are just in different threads, so good job I guess for reiterating some of these facts for people learning how to cut.
    this article helped me a ton with my cutting and just had to post it here hopefully some ppl will read it and actually listen to the advice
    everything i say here is for role playing purposes only, i would never advocate the use of anabolic steroids

I WILL do source checks through PMs and my secure email(unless a mod tells us to stop)

Prove you're worth a damn DJohnson's Avatar
    DJohnson is just really nice. (+1000) DJohnson is just really nice. (+1000) DJohnson is just really nice. (+1000) DJohnson is just really nice. (+1000) DJohnson is just really nice. (+1000) DJohnson is just really nice. (+1000) DJohnson is just really nice. (+1000) DJohnson is just really nice. (+1000) DJohnson is just really nice. (+1000) DJohnson is just really nice. (+1000) DJohnson is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by V-5
    The Cutting Primer
    A: If you don’t mind a soft look, fat free cottage cheese is an excellent caseinate source, but as for milks- way too much processed sugar. NO.
    Good post, I agree more or less with everything you said except for this one thing. Wouldn't dairy be just fine for most people? 75% of caucasians are not lactose intolerant (around 25% of everyone else is not lactose intolerant, don't ask me why, I have no idea). So for anyone who isn't lactose intolerant wouldn't dairy not cause "soft look" or did you have something else in mind?

Also, the sugar in milks are nothing like glucose. Pure lactose sugar has a GI of 43 and the GI is even lower with the added protein of skim milk. For reference, oats in water has a GI of 46.

Milk offers a good source of carbs and a mix of casein and whey. I think it's great to drink skim milk.
    History: Mar, 2001: 135lbs @ ~14% | Nov, 2004: 245lbs @ ~40% | Dec, 2006: 168lbs @ 5.5%ish | Nov, 2008: 177lbs @ 5.5%ish | Dec, 2016: 179lbs

abar will become famous soon enough. (+50) abar will become famous soon enough. (+50) abar will become famous soon enough. (+50) abar will become famous soon enough. (+50) abar will become famous soon enough. (+50) abar will become famous soon enough. (+50) abar will become famous soon enough. (+50) abar will become famous soon enough. (+50) abar will become famous soon enough. (+50) abar will become famous soon enough. (+50) abar will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by V-5
    3. Protein- You need tons. 1.5-2.0 grams per pound of lean bodyweight is a good general rule of thumb.
    It's probably important to mention that this article was written for steroid users, I'm assuming from the site rambo is from.

You should take in a good portion of your protein in the source of real meals, avoid intaking too many shakes, as real food comes to a better benefit.
    Does anyone know what this means?

5. The separation of Carbs and Fats- This is a hotly debated issue, but again, in my opinion, an important aspect nonetheless. Remember that it is often when you eat items and with what you eat them that is more important than what you are eating. A mouthful, I know, but stay with me. Remember that when you take in certain carbs, you can spike your insulin levels. If you are taking in fats when your insulin has been spiked, you are allowing the basic laws of physiology to act out, and you allow for a higher propensity for fat storage. Separation is key. The sample diet will give a good example of how to separate them.
    Well, at least he informs us that it his opinion, :rollseyes:

7. Cheating- Cheating is essential.
    While beneficial if used correctly, it's hardly essential.

Q: Should I do a keto diet?
    A: Unless you are morbidly obese, or would like to drag your wilted muscles behind you, stay away from keto. Again, that’s my opinion. You can see my previous posts for my anti-keto ranting.
    What's his problem with ketogenic dieting?

brye7eyrb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i agreed with alot of this, but cardio on empty stomach is muscle suicide.

Originally Posted by abar
    It's probably important to mention that this article was written for steroid users, I'm assuming from the site rambo is from.

I was NATURAL when i first used this and it gave me great results

Well, at least he informs us that it his opinion, :rollseyes:

most people know that when you are cutting you gotta separate carbs and fats because having an insulin spike when you eat fats increases the chance of absorbing the fat into body tissue

While beneficial if used correctly, it's hardly essential.

you try cutting for a contest and not cheating, not only will your body get used to the cutting foods so your fat loss will slow to a crawl, but you will lose your mind

What's his problem with ketogenic dieting?
    carbs are used to maintain muscle mass, keto=muscle suicide
    read the bold print

Originally Posted by brye7eyrb
    i agreed with alot of this, but cardio on empty stomach is muscle suicide.
    slow cardio on an empty stomach is fine, cardio like HIIT is muscle suicide

also i hope this is clear, i did NOT write this article

Originally Posted by DJohnson
    Good post, I agree more or less with everything you said except for this one thing. Wouldn't dairy be just fine for most people? 75% of caucasians are not lactose intolerant (around 25% of everyone else is not lactose intolerant, don't ask me why, I have no idea). So for anyone who isn't lactose intolerant wouldn't dairy not cause "soft look" or did you have something else in mind?

Also, the sugar in milks are nothing like glucose. Pure lactose sugar has a GI of 43 and the GI is even lower with the added protein of skim milk. For reference, oats in water has a GI of 46.

Milk offers a good source of carbs and a mix of casein and whey. I think it's great to drink skim milk.
    i know from experience that dairy KILLS cutting regardless of any numbers you can tell me

real life experience > numbers and figures on paper

Prove you're worth a damn DJohnson's Avatar
    DJohnson is just really nice. (+1000) DJohnson is just really nice. (+1000) DJohnson is just really nice. (+1000) DJohnson is just really nice. (+1000) DJohnson is just really nice. (+1000) DJohnson is just really nice. (+1000) DJohnson is just really nice. (+1000) DJohnson is just really nice. (+1000) DJohnson is just really nice. (+1000) DJohnson is just really nice. (+1000) DJohnson is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by V-5
    i know from experience that dairy KILLS cutting regardless of any numbers you can tell me

Oh really? OK, I guess I'll have to phone up the 40lbs of fat I lost and let them know they can come back whenever they want. I wasn't aware I'm not allowed to lose fat while having 3-5 servings of dairy a day.

You're probably lactose intolerant.
    History: Mar, 2001: 135lbs @ ~14% | Nov, 2004: 245lbs @ ~40% | Dec, 2006: 168lbs @ 5.5%ish | Nov, 2008: 177lbs @ 5.5%ish | Dec, 2016: 179lbs

abar will become famous soon enough. (+50) abar will become famous soon enough. (+50) abar will become famous soon enough. (+50) abar will become famous soon enough. (+50) abar will become famous soon enough. (+50) abar will become famous soon enough. (+50) abar will become famous soon enough. (+50) abar will become famous soon enough. (+50) abar will become famous soon enough. (+50) abar will become famous soon enough. (+50) abar will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by V-5
    most people know that when you are cutting you gotta separate carbs and fats because having an insulin spike when you eat fats increases the chance of absorbing the fat into body tissue.
    Doesn't make sense to me, can you prove it?

you try cutting for a contest and not cheating, not only will your body get used to the cutting foods so your fat loss will slow to a crawl, but you will lose your mind
    First, nothing in the article suggested it was a pre-contest diet, but maybe I skipped over something, help me out here. Second, your body doesn't get "used to" individual foods, causing your fat loss to slow to a crawl.

carbs are used to maintain muscle mass, keto=muscle suicide
    Care to explain this one a bit further?

Originally Posted by DJohnson
    Oh really? OK, I guess I'll have to phone up the 40lbs of fat I lost and let them know they can come back whenever they want. I wasn't aware I'm not allowed to lose fat while having 3-5 servings of dairy a day.

You're probably lactose intolerant.
    lmao i drink a gallon of milk a day when i bulk def not intolerant, and i know for a fact that cutting milk helped me a ton in cutting

Originally Posted by abar
    Doesn't make sense to me, can you prove it?

well i guess that the doctor who i discussed this with was wrong as are all the vets and mods at www.steroid.com (anabolic review) and www.ironforlife.com post there telling them that carbs should be eaten w/ fats

First, nothing in the article suggested it was a pre-contest diet, but maybe I skipped over something, help me out here. Second, your body doesn't get "used to" individual foods, causing your fat loss to slow to a crawl.

it becomes accustomed to the caloric deficit, not the foods, this is why is an anorexic person begins to eat like a normal person he will become obese, his metabolism is shot from an over extended caloric deficit

Care to explain this one a bit further?
    did you ever wonder why PWO shakes contain carbs? carbs enable muscles to synthesize mass and maintain it, protein becomes the mass, but carbs enable that process
    read the bold print

bigoafreturns2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigoafreturns2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigoafreturns2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigoafreturns2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigoafreturns2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigoafreturns2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigoafreturns2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigoafreturns2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigoafreturns2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigoafreturns2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigoafreturns2 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    i am taking 7 servings of skim milk a day.
    Im interested about this subject....

I was however ingesting 17 servings when bulking

Originally Posted by bigoafreturns2
    i am taking 7 servings of skim milk a day.
    Im interested about this subject....

I was however ingesting 17 servings when bulking
    well talk is cheap, try cutting the milk out if you are cutting and see if it helps

Originally Posted by V-5
    well i guess that the doctor who i discussed this with was wrong as are all the vets and mods at www.steroid.com (anabolic review) and www.ironforlife.com post there telling them that carbs should be eaten w/ fats
    If I ask them to prove it, will they give me the names of people on other forums? I didn't ask you who believed it, I asked you to prove it.

it becomes accustomed to the caloric deficit, not the foods
    Ahh, when you said "not only will your body get used to the cutting foods" it would lead one to believe you meant the actual food, not a caloric deficit.

did you ever wonder why PWO shakes contain carbs? carbs enable muscles to synthesize mass and maintain it, protein becomes the mass, but carbs enable that process
    Again, this leads me to believe you have no understanding of the actual processes.

Hrobjartz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hrobjartz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hrobjartz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hrobjartz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hrobjartz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hrobjartz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hrobjartz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs up

Good post V-5!
    Mad props!

LOLMAO at that Abar character ...

Good article on refeeds (cheats) and why that is important, for those who are interested.
    http://www.theministryoffitness.com/.../article18.htm
    A magic wand in the hands of a monkey is just another back-scratcher...

SS142 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by V-5

Do you feel that this applies to egg whites as well?

TheSlash will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheSlash will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheSlash will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheSlash will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheSlash will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheSlash will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheSlash will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheSlash will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheSlash will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheSlash will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheSlash will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Mmm I agree with abar here. There is some good/common info, but a lot of bad info.

I recommend reading around the site more and heavily modifying this list of "cutting" tips.

I applaud your effort, but the advice is not all good.

Revised, I think this could turn into a great list.

Good luck.

Hrobjartz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hrobjartz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hrobjartz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hrobjartz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hrobjartz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hrobjartz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hrobjartz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by TheSlash
    Mmm I agree with abar here. There is some good/common info, but a lot of bad info.

I recommend reading around the site more and heavily modifying this list of "cutting" tips.

Good luck.
    Just curious, what of it do you consider "bad info"?
    A magic wand in the hands of a monkey is just another back-scratcher...

bigoafreturns2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigoafreturns2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigoafreturns2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigoafreturns2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigoafreturns2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigoafreturns2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigoafreturns2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigoafreturns2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigoafreturns2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigoafreturns2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigoafreturns2 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Well isnt it true that if im on a diet gettin 500 less then main with my macros in check that i will lose weight . I dont understand why the milk would be holding me back?

Originally Posted by SS142
    Do you feel that this applies to egg whites as well?
    dairy is bad because of the lactose which slows fat burning

egg whites are great

Originally Posted by bigoafreturns2
    Well isnt it true that if im on a diet gettin 500 less then main with my macros in check that i will lose weight . I dont understand why the milk would be holding me back?
    no that is not true

the source of the macros is important too

if all your macros were "in check" but the ource of protein was all whey, eventually weight loss would stop and you would atrophy

Originally Posted by TheSlash

Good luck.
    there is no bad information in that article it has been approved by numerous fitness/bodybuilding experts

there are other cutting methods, but you wont find anything much better than that article unless you pay for it

It's rare that I laugh out loud at a series of posts. Thank you, V-5, you've truly made my day I mean it when I say that.

ruskabank has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    [QUOTE=V-5]The Cutting Primer

2. I truly do believe that bodybuilding is 80% diet. You can lift your ass off daily, and still look horrible if you aren’t eating right.
    Explain prisoners please.

3. You are what you eat. It’s just that simple.
    ****, I'm a strawberry.

The BASICS-
    1.Postworkout Nutrition- I’m a firm believer that PWO nutrition is hands down the most important aspect of dieting. It is within the 15 minutes after a workout that your body is in dire need of nutrients. It is a completely anabolic state, and what you take in can be optimized to ensure maximum results. A general rule of thumb is 40-60 grams whey protein, and double the amount of whey in carbohydrates (50% dextrose/50% maltodextrin).
    Nice, but wrong. Protein synthesis is elevated up to 48 hours. Peaking at 24, still up around 33% at 36 hours.

2. Carbs- You are **** right, carbs. In a strict cutting diet the majority of your carbs should come in the form of PWO nutrition, and the remainder in breakfast. Fibrous veggies are a staple, but keep in mind that they don’t count towards intake, as they have negligible impacts on blood sugar levels. (Exceptions: Carrots, Peas) All high glycemic carbs outside of PWO should be avoided. The best sources of low GI carbs can be found in oatmeal and brown rice, as well as yams.
    Please tell me you are joking. People lose fat fine and well on carb based diets, and these are even people who don't weight train.

3. Protein- You need tons. 1.5-2.0 grams per pound of lean bodyweight is a good general rule of thumb. You should take in a good portion of your protein in the source of real meals, avoid intaking too many shakes, as real food comes to a better benefit. The list foods with high protein bioavailability is extensive, and I will only cover a few, (Egg whites, Lean steak, Chicken breast, the list goes on forever….).
    Tons of protein, yeah, if you like wasting money. At a certain point, excess protein gets converted to carbohydrate anyway, simple solution, EAT THE DAMN CARBS IN THE FIRST PLACE. But oh yeah, you are on steroids, you need 2g of protein/lb BW. I so solly.

4. Fats- Guess what? You need fat to lose fat. We are talking about the granddaddy of fats, the EFA (Essential Fatty Acid). Good sources of fat are ( Flax Oil, Nuts, Salmon, Olive Oil).
    Cough, cough, bull****. See, people can starve to death. When they do so they aren't eating fat but are still LOSING FAT.

Do you know anything about physiology? Eating protein is enough to stimulate insulin release to the point of inhibiting lipolysis. In fact, quite often, basal levels of insulin do the same thing. But you see, this isn't the issue. The issue is that FAT CAN ****ING STORE ITSELF WITHOUT INSULIN. See the fat ****s on Atkins, they stop losing weight on very low carbs eventually. Why, it's calorie balance moron.

[QUOTE]7. Cheating- Cheating is essential. Why? Remember, the body runs on homeostasis, it likes to keep balance. After eating so well after a week, your body begins to adjust, and fat loss over time will not be as rapid. The other extremely important aspect is mental sanity. So many diets crash and fail because people don’t give themselves a chance to breath. Remember, cheating is not an opportunity for you to pillage the entire mall food court. Shoot for a cheat meal, not an all out binge. A fast food value meal can be 2,000 calories. Eat that 3 times on one day, and you’ve consumed 6,000 calories. And that’s not good in any case.[QUOTE]

Jesus Christ. A single cheat meal does absolutely jack **** physiologically, psychologically yes. If eating a cheat meal keeps you sane, do it. But it doesn't speed your metabolism. And as to the 6000 calories in a day, ever heard of the UD2.0, people sometimes eat more than that in a DAY and lose fat simultaneously. MAGIC>

Here comes the fun part: Question and Answer….

Nice perpetrating of a myth.

[QUOTE]Q: Should I do a keto diet?
    A: Unless you are morbidly obese, or would like to drag your wilted muscles behind you, stay away from keto. Again, that’s my opinion. You can see my previous posts for my anti-keto ranting.[QUOTE]

Keto diets are fine if you can control calories. A few carbs (20-50) around workouts go a long way to sustain performance.

Q: Is sodium an issue?
    A: Outside of the bloating issue, or if you have high cholesterol, no.
    Perhaps you meant high blood pressure.

Q. How do I make my meals not taste like cardboard?
    Eat a non-retarded mixed diet that has protein, fat, and OMG11!11 carbs in it.

Q. I don’t like old fashioned oats. Can I eat the pre mixed oats with fruit?
    A. No. Be a man. Those mixes have ridiculous amounts of sugar.
    Yeah, be a man, everybody knows the body can tell the difference from one carb source to another.

Q. What about fruit?
    A: Fruit replenishes glycogen stores in the liver, and in my opinion, is not to be a staple of a strict cutting diet, with a few exceptions.
    OK Parillo.
    Fruit is great. Eat all you want.

Q: Can I eat steak while cutting?
    A: Definitely. Make sure it’s a leaner cut.
    But DOOD, saturated fats raise T LEVELS!!@!@

ruskabank has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    PWNED!!111 bitches.
    Attached Images

bob.roher has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bob.roher has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bob.roher has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bob.roher has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bob.roher has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bob.roher has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bob.roher has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bob.roher has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bob.roher has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bob.roher has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bob.roher has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Good tips. Separating the fats from the carbs is really the only thing I disagree with. I do believe that fats should be separated from high GI carbs, but I see no reason to not have whole eggs and EFA's with my oatmeal. PWO is the time for high GI and there's no room for fat there. Hopefully that's what he meant.

To the folks disagreeing about the dairy: I've lost weight while consuming milk products in the past. But, don't fool yourselves. Milk is a processed food and who really knows what kind of **** your drinking when you chug a glass of bovine juice. All kinds of drugs are given to cows in order to make them profitable for meat and dairy, don't be naive and think that some of that isn't passed on to you when you consume it. Even if it's lowfat. Macro content means nothing if you're sucking down cow hormones.
    "This is the excellent foppery of the world, that when we are sick in fortune, often the surfeits of our own behaviour, we make guilty of our disasters the sun, the moon, and stars" - King Lear: Act I, Scene II

MookOut will become famous soon enough. (+50) MookOut will become famous soon enough. (+50) MookOut will become famous soon enough. (+50) MookOut will become famous soon enough. (+50) MookOut will become famous soon enough. (+50) MookOut will become famous soon enough. (+50) MookOut will become famous soon enough. (+50) MookOut will become famous soon enough. (+50) MookOut will become famous soon enough. (+50) MookOut will become famous soon enough. (+50) MookOut will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by ruskabank
    PWNED!!111 bitches.
    WHAT THE ****?!

[QUOTE=ruskabank][QUOTE=V-5]The Cutting Primer

Explain prisoners please.

lmao @you if you think prisoners can get huge and not eat a TON

****, I'm a strawberry.

Immature

Please tell me you are joking. People lose fat fine and well on carb based diets, and these are even people who don't weight train.

(this is provided that that vague description of dieting meant KETO)people who dont train dont concern themselves with the huge amounts of muscle they lose on KETO diets, and i have never seen anyone with an appreciable amount of muscle not lose alot of it on a KETO diet

Tons of protein, yeah, if you like wasting money. At a certain point, excess protein gets converted to carbohydrate anyway, simple solution, EAT THE DAMN CARBS IN THE FIRST PLACE. But oh yeah, you are on steroids, you need 2g of protein/lb BW. I so solly.

excess protein gets stored as fat if it is stored at all, usually it is simply excreted

Cough, cough, bull****. See, people can starve to death. When they do so they aren't eating fat but are still LOSING FAT.

ok skippy let me explain, here is what happens when you starve.....glycogen stores are depleted, then muscles atrophy, THEN fat begins to burn.....we want to lose fat and ONLYy fat, and if you dont eat fat, that is impossible

Do you know anything about physiology? Eating protein is enough to stimulate insulin release to the point of inhibiting lipolysis. In fact, quite often, basal levels of insulin do the same thing. But you see, this isn't the issue. The issue is that FAT CAN ****ING STORE ITSELF WITHOUT INSULIN. See the fat ****s on Atkins, they stop losing weight on very low carbs eventually. Why, it's calorie balance moron.

[QUOTE]7. Cheating- Cheating is essential. Why? Remember, the body runs on homeostasis, it likes to keep balance. After eating so well after a week, your body begins to adjust, and fat loss over time will not be as rapid. The other extremely important aspect is mental sanity. So many diets crash and fail because people don’t give themselves a chance to breath. Remember, cheating is not an opportunity for you to pillage the entire mall food court. Shoot for a cheat meal, not an all out binge. A fast food value meal can be 2,000 calories. Eat that 3 times on one day, and you’ve consumed 6,000 calories. And that’s not good in any case.[QUOTE]

Jesus Christ. A single cheat meal does absolutely jack **** physiologically, psychologically yes. If eating a cheat meal keeps you sane, do it. But it doesn't speed your metabolism

you are wrong plain and simple

Nice perpetrating of a myth.
    no myth, but so far it seems all your info is myth based

[QUOTE]Q: Should I do a keto diet?

Keto diets are fine if you can control calories. A few carbs (20-50) around workouts go a long way to sustain performance.

see above

Eat a non-retarded mixed diet that has protein, fat, and OMG11!11 carbs in it.
    how is this relevant? the diet in this article includes carbs

Yeah, be a man, everybody knows the body can tell the difference from one carb source to another.

there is def a difference, im not sure what your point is

OK Parillo.
    Fruit is great. Eat all you want.

no it isnt, high glycemic index carbs anytime but PWO will put a cramp on OPTIMAL fat loss which is our goal
    see the bold print.....you didnt "pwn" anyone