Indy33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Indy33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Indy33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Indy33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Indy33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Indy33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Indy33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Indy33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Indy33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Indy33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Indy33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Bench press - shoulder pain

Why does the bench press cause so many people to have shoulder injuries?

Also, when you do dumbell shoulder presses and incline dumbell presses can a person have too big a range of motion and that lead to shoulder injury?

Do skull crushers cause shoulder injury?

I'm trying to figure out what causes me very recent damage. I don't remember any one thing setting it off. It hurt after my PUSH day. PUSH day includes:

*bench press
    *DB shoulder press
    *DB incline press
    *DB lateral raise
    *skull crushers
    *dips

Do any of the exercises above cause shoulder problems?
    Bench: 225 x 11
    Max Bench:
    * 300 (on 4-25-05)
    * 310 (on 5-05-05)
    * 315 (on 6-17-05)
    * 320 (on 6-20-05)
    * Diagnosed osteolysis of distal clavicle (6-29-05)
    * Had left rotator cuff surgery (1-9-06)
    * 320 (late spring of 2006 - I'm back!)
    * 340 (01-01-07)
    * Had right rotator cuff surgery (11-16-07)
    * Recovering and doing cardio
    Legs: chicken sticks
    Belly: I'm working on it
    Height: 5 foot 8
    Weight: 227
    Hobby: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu (blue belt)

tiny.t will become famous soon enough. (+50) tiny.t will become famous soon enough. (+50) tiny.t will become famous soon enough. (+50) tiny.t will become famous soon enough. (+50) tiny.t will become famous soon enough. (+50) tiny.t will become famous soon enough. (+50) tiny.t will become famous soon enough. (+50) tiny.t will become famous soon enough. (+50) tiny.t will become famous soon enough. (+50) tiny.t will become famous soon enough. (+50) tiny.t will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Some people get pain from all of them...
    Why does **** have HIT in it?
    FINALLY LIFTING AGAIN!!!PROPERLY!!!LETS ADD SOME BEEF!!

Spat will become famous soon enough. (+50) Spat will become famous soon enough. (+50) Spat will become famous soon enough. (+50) Spat will become famous soon enough. (+50) Spat will become famous soon enough. (+50) Spat will become famous soon enough. (+50) Spat will become famous soon enough. (+50) Spat will become famous soon enough. (+50) Spat will become famous soon enough. (+50) Spat will become famous soon enough. (+50) Spat will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Two pretty common shoulder injuries you might feel when bench pressing is tendonitis or an inflamed AC joint. Generally speaking, both tend to stem from overuse.

Yes, if you lower the weight too far down on either a shoulder press or incline dumbell press, you can aggravate the shoulder joint.

I'm sure it's possible to introduce a shoulder injury with a skull crusher but if you keep your elbows stationary and inline with your forearms, you should be OK. It's just like any other exercise, if you lift too far beyond your limit and let your form go, you up the odds for injury.

So yes, any of the exercises you listed could cause shoulder pain. Just a random assumption, you probably have tendonitis or possibly an inflamed AC joint. Personally, I'd guess it's tendonitis so the best plan of attack is Rest, Ice, Compression, and Elevation. Also, look into further strengthening your rotator cuff as it will help prevent tendonitis. I'm far from an expert so if RICE doesn't help, seek your doctor for professional advice.

$AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    there are 3 things which cause peope injuries on benching

-takign a grip that's too wide (slightly past shoulder width is okay, but not too far out)

-not tucking their shoulder blades

-benching with elbows out

avoid those and you'll be about as safe as possible with your form
    <->

bigpump23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bigpump23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bigpump23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bigpump23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bigpump23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bigpump23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bigpump23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bigpump23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bigpump23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bigpump23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bigpump23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    check your form, bench less, use lighter weight, do more rowing
    Chicks dig big calves

dirty-jersey has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dirty-jersey has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dirty-jersey has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dirty-jersey has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dirty-jersey has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dirty-jersey has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dirty-jersey has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dirty-jersey has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dirty-jersey has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dirty-jersey has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dirty-jersey has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

while on topic

While we are on topic of the bench...

I was benching today with my buddy at the gym and we have always been lowering the weight so our elbows are 90 degrees. Some guy came up to us and said it is better for the chest if you actually go all the way down and touch your chest. I thought by doing that you are not using your chest anymore and you are increasing the risk of injuring your rotator cuff, or whatever that is between your chest and your shoulder by the joint.

Basically I am asking for advice on the best form for bench pressing.

Thanks

nads786 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nads786 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nads786 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nads786 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nads786 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nads786 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nads786 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nads786 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nads786 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nads786 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nads786 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    if u actually get a shoulder prob that wont go away give this a try

http://www.intens************/showthread.php?t=6997