Bigacb will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bigacb will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bigacb will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bigacb will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bigacb will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bigacb will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bigacb will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bigacb will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bigacb will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bigacb will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bigacb will become famous soon enough. (+50)

One pec smaller than the other? Answers!

My left pec was always larger than my right even though i am right handed. Ive read many threads saying use dumbbells which is a gud answer but you need to look deeper into it. Below are three answers:

Answer one: Heres an idea for you all. Before you're chest workout rep out fifty or so light reps on the chest press or chest fly machine just using your smaller side. So if your left pec is larger do fifty reps on your right side. This might sound strange but this will increase the blood flow to the area. Then go into your chest workout as normal. You should feel the smaller side alot more, i know i did. I could never get even pumps in my left and right pec but once i did this it worked. You feel it alot more in the smaller side.

Answer two: Also when pressing check your technique in the mirror. DO NOT lock out your elbows i no everyone tells you not to but i found i was locking out my right elbow (my right pec was smaller) and not my left due to my right arm being about half an inch shorter (which alot of people have) this is then giving my pec on the right side a rest at the top of the movement. So to make sure i always had a bend in my arm whilst extending i only straightened my arms 90% rather than 95%. I no this might sound stupid and such an obvious answer but try it.

Answer three: Make sure you have correct posture. Look in the mirror and check whether one shoulder dips lower than the other try to make it equal. Its hard to spot the difference at first but keep on looking and you'll notice the differences. You need to rectify these difference, make sure you think about them at all times and then your body will get used to staying in that position and it will become natural to you. It will feel strange at first but persevere.

Use answer one to rectify the problem and make sure you always use answer two and three.

TJBurge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    hey guys, listen I am having a pretty significant imbalance between my left and right pec, my left is about 1 - 1.5 inches larger than my right and I am left handed. I am doing everything I have seen in these forums and I am still not getting any results, hell I even tried the mind and muscle connection where you go ahead and completely focus on what you're doing. I just got back from the gym now and I was focusing so hard on my right pec that I wasn't even squeezing my left at the top of the Dumbbell bench reps and its still much bigger, I would really like some answers....I'm not too keen on starting to single out the right pec alone because I don't want to create more of am imbalance across my upper body, does anyone have any other answers or tips? I've literally tried everything short of going to a physiotherapist or a chiro, and I am not too thrilled to be hitting up a chiro because of all the adjustments they claim are good for you but actually aren't....anyone else got tips for me? If possible, can you PM me or reply?

Thanks guys, appreciate any help at all.

PerezEddie is just really nice. (+1000) PerezEddie is just really nice. (+1000) PerezEddie is just really nice. (+1000) PerezEddie is just really nice. (+1000) PerezEddie is just really nice. (+1000) PerezEddie is just really nice. (+1000) PerezEddie is just really nice. (+1000) PerezEddie is just really nice. (+1000) PerezEddie is just really nice. (+1000) PerezEddie is just really nice. (+1000) PerezEddie is just really nice. (+1000)
    FIX YOUR FORM!

No you do not have to target one pec more than the other, option 2 is good. Never lock out your elbows. As this removes emphasis on the pecs for this second and shifts that stress to the elbow joints, which is something you don't want to do. But the main thing is fixing your form.

When performing any bench exercise have someone watch your form. Both of your elbows must be slightly tucked in (nipple height or lower). Reason is when you have your elbows out to your sides you are targeting the shoulder/triceps more and you get less pec involvement.

So if you were having one elbow in the correct position (nipple height) and the other elbow out to the side. Then you eventually will develop a pec imbalance. FIX YOUR FORM and this will fix the problem.

But DO NOT tuck in your elbows TOO much as then the exercises becomes more of a tricep exercise. Which you do not want, you want to target the pecs at this point.

Edit: strong thread bump TJBURGE lol

BDTrr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BDTrr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BDTrr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BDTrr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BDTrr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BDTrr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BDTrr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BDTrr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BDTrr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BDTrr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BDTrr has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    you don't bench press like this do you?

gt4902 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gt4902 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gt4902 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gt4902 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gt4902 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gt4902 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gt4902 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gt4902 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gt4902 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gt4902 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gt4902 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by BDTrr View Post
    you don't bench press like this do you?

Is that 205 on the bar?!?! That skinny son of a bi*ch is benching more than i can with that insane form!!! FML. I wonder what he could do if he was using both arms?? 800............900 maybe?? lol.
    "Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile"- Albert Einstein

*Wounded Warrior Project*

"If the enemy is in range, so are you."