postdog82 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Big calves without Machines?

Can anyone tell me of any other excersises that i can do to improve the size and strength of my calves without using any machines? Other than standing calve raises (which only excersise part of the calves) i'm not sure what to do. I need something that will work all of my calves using free weights if possible.

All replies will be appreiciated very much, thank you!
    With Speed indeed!

D-Termine is a name known to all. (+5000) D-Termine is a name known to all. (+5000) D-Termine is a name known to all. (+5000) D-Termine is a name known to all. (+5000) D-Termine is a name known to all. (+5000) D-Termine is a name known to all. (+5000) D-Termine is a name known to all. (+5000) D-Termine is a name known to all. (+5000) D-Termine is a name known to all. (+5000) D-Termine is a name known to all. (+5000) D-Termine is a name known to all. (+5000)
    not sure i this is what you want, but i stand on a 2X4 with two 55lbs dumbbells in hand and do 4 sets of 15. great burn. then after each set i stand on tippy toes for thirty seconds. legs then precede to fall off. hope that will help ya

Hammerstein has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hammerstein has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hammerstein has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hammerstein has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hammerstein has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hammerstein has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Heres a good one... I take a towel and fold it up and place it on my knee like a pillow, then I place a 100# dumbell on my knee with my toes on a 2x4 and do 4 to 5 sets to failure with each calve while holding the dumbell lightly on each side for balance.

It works for "ME" really well.
    My hammers a cold piece of blood lethal steel, I grin while you writhe from the pain that I deal, swinging my hammer I hack through your head, defiant defier your next to be dead. I unleash my hammer with sadistic intent, pounding, surrounding, slamming through your head!

Chris_25 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Chris_25 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Chris_25 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Chris_25 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Chris_25 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Chris_25 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Chris_25 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Chris_25 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Chris_25 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Chris_25 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Chris_25 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Do donkey calf raises. All you need is a block to stand on so you can stretch the calves even more and a person to sit on your back. You bend over, they sit on your back and it's basically the same as a standing calf raise from then on. See, you don't even need free weights for this exercise.

firstmark has a spectacular aura about. (+250) firstmark has a spectacular aura about. (+250) firstmark has a spectacular aura about. (+250) firstmark has a spectacular aura about. (+250) firstmark has a spectacular aura about. (+250) firstmark has a spectacular aura about. (+250) firstmark has a spectacular aura about. (+250) firstmark has a spectacular aura about. (+250) firstmark has a spectacular aura about. (+250) firstmark has a spectacular aura about. (+250) firstmark has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Anyone have any experience with weighted one leg calf raises?
    It seems if you are using dumbells that you will have to use a lot of weight unless you go for really high reps.