skinnykid12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) skinnykid12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) skinnykid12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) skinnykid12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) skinnykid12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) skinnykid12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) skinnykid12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) skinnykid12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) skinnykid12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) skinnykid12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question Super sets and ICF 5x5

Well i was wondering if you could super set all the 5x5 compound lifts as sometimes i am short of time and dont always have time to rest for 5 mins. I would rest for 3 mins which is the lowest rest time said but that means i wont be able to lift as much weight, which may affect progress i guess. Tell me what you think.
    Thanks

SamSix is just really nice. (+1000) SamSix is just really nice. (+1000) SamSix is just really nice. (+1000) SamSix is just really nice. (+1000) SamSix is just really nice. (+1000) SamSix is just really nice. (+1000) SamSix is just really nice. (+1000) SamSix is just really nice. (+1000) SamSix is just really nice. (+1000) SamSix is just really nice. (+1000) SamSix is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by skinnykid12 View Post
    Well i was wondering if you could super set all the 5x5 compound lifts as sometimes i am short of time and dont always have time to rest for 5 mins. I would rest for 3 mins which is the lowest rest time said but that means i wont be able to lift as much weight, which may affect progress i guess. Tell me what you think.
    Thanks
    no you cannot superset the 5x5 movements. you can superset the accessory arm work but thats about it. if you dont have time to do this program then do something with lower volume like BLSS or stronglifts
    Master total
    S: 585
    B: 370
    D: 605

skinnykid12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) skinnykid12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) skinnykid12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) skinnykid12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) skinnykid12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) skinnykid12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) skinnykid12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) skinnykid12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) skinnykid12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) skinnykid12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by SamSix View Post
    no you cannot superset the 5x5 movements. you can superset the accessory arm work but thats about it. if you dont have time to do this program then do something with lower volume like BLSS or stronglifts
    I know this may annoy you but why cant you super set?

anonymous
    Because the whole point is to move as much weight as possible for 5 reps.
    Your CNS wont be fully recovered when super setting so you wont move as much weight each time as you could if you gave minutes of rest between each set.

Why would you even want to superset compound movements anyway

SamSix is just really nice. (+1000) SamSix is just really nice. (+1000) SamSix is just really nice. (+1000) SamSix is just really nice. (+1000) SamSix is just really nice. (+1000) SamSix is just really nice. (+1000) SamSix is just really nice. (+1000) SamSix is just really nice. (+1000) SamSix is just really nice. (+1000) SamSix is just really nice. (+1000) SamSix is just really nice. (+1000)
    they are extremely taxing on your body and you need rest in between sets. if you wanna superset compound movements for an hour straight i suggest you go join a crossfit box gym

Originally Posted by Silverback1996 View Post
    Your CNS wont be fully recovered when super setting so you wont move as much weight each time as you could if you gave minutes of rest between each set.

wtf ur black?
    Master total
    S: 585
    B: 370
    D: 605

Originally Posted by Silverback1996 View Post

Thanks, i wanted to super set as sometimes i dont have enough time and i dont stay focused after 5 mins of rest. I know this might sound stupid but what do you do with 5 mins of rest, flex?