Location: the hand was not of flesh, but on an arm of blackened steel, with copper trim, always moving.rising above the clouds, it surveys its district, but only to descend gracefully into black smoke.who were their creators?no one has dared to get close enough to ask, Belize
    Brer Ben is a name known to all. (+5000) Brer Ben is a name known to all. (+5000) Brer Ben is a name known to all. (+5000) Brer Ben is a name known to all. (+5000) Brer Ben is a name known to all. (+5000) Brer Ben is a name known to all. (+5000) Brer Ben is a name known to all. (+5000) Brer Ben is a name known to all. (+5000) Brer Ben is a name known to all. (+5000) Brer Ben is a name known to all. (+5000) Brer Ben is a name known to all. (+5000)

Inclined push-ups work which muscles?

If I were to translate inclined (raised lower body, not upper body) push-ups into one or more free weight exercises, which exercises would these be (taking into consideration which muscle groups inclined push-ups utilize)? I was thinking somewhere along the lines of a couple of sets of regular DB flies and inclined DB presses. Any ideas?

PuRE_FiBER will become famous soon enough. (+50) PuRE_FiBER will become famous soon enough. (+50) PuRE_FiBER will become famous soon enough. (+50) PuRE_FiBER will become famous soon enough. (+50) PuRE_FiBER will become famous soon enough. (+50) PuRE_FiBER will become famous soon enough. (+50) PuRE_FiBER will become famous soon enough. (+50) PuRE_FiBER will become famous soon enough. (+50) PuRE_FiBER will become famous soon enough. (+50) PuRE_FiBER will become famous soon enough. (+50) PuRE_FiBER will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Its the same exact movement as incline bench press.

Saviour will become famous soon enough. (+50) Saviour will become famous soon enough. (+50) Saviour will become famous soon enough. (+50) Saviour will become famous soon enough. (+50) Saviour will become famous soon enough. (+50) Saviour will become famous soon enough. (+50) Saviour will become famous soon enough. (+50) Saviour will become famous soon enough. (+50) Saviour will become famous soon enough. (+50) Saviour will become famous soon enough. (+50) Saviour will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by PuRE_FiBER
    Its the same exact movement as incline bench press.
    yup, except you use more core in pushups.
    Self improvement is masturbation.

Location: the hand was not of flesh, but on an arm of blackened steel, with copper trim, always moving.rising above the clouds, it surveys its district, but only to descend gracefully into black smoke.who were their creators?no one has dared to get close enough to ask, Belize
    Brer Ben is a name known to all. (+5000) Brer Ben is a name known to all. (+5000) Brer Ben is a name known to all. (+5000) Brer Ben is a name known to all. (+5000) Brer Ben is a name known to all. (+5000) Brer Ben is a name known to all. (+5000) Brer Ben is a name known to all. (+5000) Brer Ben is a name known to all. (+5000) Brer Ben is a name known to all. (+5000) Brer Ben is a name known to all. (+5000) Brer Ben is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Saviour
    yup, except you use more core in pushups.
    yeah that's what I was worried about when the idea came to mind; the core strength-factor comes to play when doing an inclined push-up, unlike doing a laying-back incline DB press. is there any combination of exercises I can do to at least somewhat emulate an inclined push-up, including the core? I know one of you mentioned inclined bench press, but that doesn't really improve the body's core strength. the reason for asking this is that I have increased my inclined push-up reps to the max; I haven't progressed anymore, and I'm just about parallel to the wall when I do it. I need to either gain a whole lot of weight or start using free weights now.

Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by Brer Ben
    is there any combination of exercises I can do to at least somewhat emulate an inclined push-up, including the core?
    Weighted pushups with feet elevated.

A weighted vest, a backpack with plates in it, etc. to increase the resistance.

$AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by _Dominik_
    Weighted pushups with feet elevated.

A weighted vest, a backpack with plates in it, etc. to increase the resistance.

i tried that - back-pack kept slipping down my back and klonking into my head

i've found the best way (such that you can load up a ****-load of weight) is to take something like a preacher curl bench, put it a distance from you, hands on its sides, and press into it - the distance should be such that, at the bottom of the ROM, your chin is touching the pad
    <->

Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by $AJ
    i tried that - back-pack kept slipping down my back and klonking into my head

i've found the best way (such that you can load up a ****-load of weight) is to take something like a preacher curl bench, put it a distance from you, hands on its sides, and press into it - the distance should be such that, at the bottom of the ROM, your chin is touching the pad
    AJ, I haven't tried it myself yet but I'm pretty sure with a few plates strapped together and padded with towels or something in a backpack buckled up tightly (and maybe strapped a little lower for incline work?) it would work for me.

Are you using ridiculous amounts of weight? I think you mentioned you were using a lot. I'd be looking at around 130lbs. I saw some 45lb weighted vests advertised somewhere but that's not enough for me but it'd be better than nothing I guess.

$AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    i'm using.......a bit.....of weight

weighted vests are useless - they only go up to ~50pds and are insanely expensive. better to buy a hiking backpack and have it reinforced at a machine shop.
    <->

Originally Posted by $AJ
    i'm using.......a bit.....of weight

weighted vests are useless - they only go up to ~50pds and are insanely expensive. better to buy a hiking backpack and have it reinforced at a machine shop.
    Come on, you can tell me how much. Scare me

I agree 45lbs is useless, at least for me. I did some pushups the other night with a 45lb plate on my back, and then we stacked another one with my training partner holding them in place and it still wasn't enough so I made him just push against me along with the weights which did the trick, however 45lbs is better than nothing and it might be enough for some guys here. I'll take your word for it on the price of the vests. A hiking backpack sounds like the way to go.

50pd vest

http://www.newyorkbarbells.com/im-5634.html

200USD + tax....that's expensive imho
    <->

Mister_A is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mister_A is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mister_A is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mister_A is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mister_A is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mister_A is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mister_A is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mister_A is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mister_A is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mister_A is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mister_A is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by $AJ
    50pd vest

It says on Sale for $129.99 w/ free freight.
    Scheizekopf

Originally Posted by $AJ
    50pd vest

Very expensive. But with my question I meant the resistance you're using

Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Talking

Do these vests come in "high fashion" colors?

Originally Posted by _Dominik_
    Very expensive. But with my question I meant the resistance you're using
    depending on the type of pushup, 4-6plates.
    <->

Originally Posted by Defiant1
    Do these vests come in "high fashion" colors?
    They'd want to be bulletproof for what they're charging

Originally Posted by $AJ
    depending on the type of pushup, 4-6plates.
    Great, I like to know these things before I go off shoving too many into a hiking bag. 3 would probably be a good starting point for me but I'm only guessing. Weighted pushups are definitely on my short list of things to take to the next level.