Rickbo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rickbo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rickbo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rickbo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rickbo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rickbo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rickbo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rickbo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rickbo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rickbo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rickbo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

High heart rate when doing cardio

I was doing cardio last night and my heart rate was about 190.

What I ate that day:

No Caffeine
    Pills: Fish Oil and Multi-vitamins
    Morning: about 5 eggs with 2 slices whole wheat bread and water
    Snack: 1 slice whole wheat bread w/ peanut butter
    Lunch: about 12oz turkey sandwich (tomato, mustard, lettuce, onions, whole wheat bread) w/ water
    Snack: 1 slice whole wheat bread w/ peanut butter

Then workout

Then meal and shake afterwards w/fish oil and glutamine

Bedtime: ZMA and Insotil

I ran for about 20 minutes on the treadmill, then when I got on the elliptical machine it said my heart rate was 190. I felt fine and did the elliptical for about another 15 minutes. My heart rate was fluctuating from about 185 to 190, I was going slower then. I didn't feel light headed or funny at all, I was real thristy though. Is this healthy to keep working out like that? I need to train my cardio. I only ran for twenty minutes and my heart rate is that high?

crunchymilk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) crunchymilk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) crunchymilk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) crunchymilk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) crunchymilk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) crunchymilk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) crunchymilk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) crunchymilk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) crunchymilk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) crunchymilk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) crunchymilk has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    how old are you?

190 is a bit too high. How intense are you doing this? Are you sure that the heart rate monitors on those machines are any good? Try taking your heart rate yourself and post back what comes up.

Surgeon By 2012 or Bust! -Aaron-'s Avatar
    -Aaron- is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) -Aaron- is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) -Aaron- is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) -Aaron- is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) -Aaron- is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) -Aaron- is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) -Aaron- is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) -Aaron- is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) -Aaron- is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) -Aaron- is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) -Aaron- is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by crunchymilk View Post
    how old are you?

190 is a bit too high. How intense are you doing this? Are you sure that the heart rate monitors on those machines are any good? Try taking your heart rate yourself and post back what comes up.
    190 to high? Not if he's doing HIIT.

Anyway, to the op. You're diet look terrible and terribly low in calories.

Add more healthy fats.
    Add more add more protein, not protein shakes but lean cuts of meat.
    Where are the veggies besides in your lunch.
    Where is the fruit?
    "The world will look up and shout save us... And I'll whisper, no."

Leonidas300, SCDiesel23, Jkeith are my heroes.

baarat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) baarat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) baarat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) baarat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) baarat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) baarat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) baarat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) baarat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) baarat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) baarat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) baarat has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    So you didn't take your own heart rate.....the machine told you?

Hotmoltenlava is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hotmoltenlava is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hotmoltenlava is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hotmoltenlava is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hotmoltenlava is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hotmoltenlava is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hotmoltenlava is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hotmoltenlava is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hotmoltenlava is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hotmoltenlava is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hotmoltenlava is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by -Aaron- View Post
    X2

I wear a heart monitor when I do cardio. When I run, I try to keep in the 170-180 range, which is sustainable for quite a while. If I get into the mid to upper 180's, I can't go more than 15-20 minutes. If I get above 190 to 195, I will not be able to go much longer than 5 minutes without doubling over. For me 190 is a good number on the end of an intense HIIT cycle. Don't expect to keep at 190 for very long, but it isn't going to kill you......, well....in my internet jockey opinion, assuming you are in good health...it won't kill you.......
    My Will Is Hot Molten Lava

Rickbo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rickbo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rickbo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rickbo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rickbo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rickbo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rickbo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rickbo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rickbo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rickbo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rickbo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by -Aaron- View Post

Anyway, to the op. You're diet look terrible and terribly low in calories.

Add more healthy fats.
    Add more add more protein, not protein shakes but lean cuts of meat.
    Where are the veggies besides in your lunch.
    Where is the fruit?
    I know my diet is terrible. I am changing it next week, I always have too much stuff going on to sit down and plan my diet.

Originally Posted by Hotmoltenlava View Post
    X2

I wear a heart monitor when I do cardio. When I run, I try to keep in the 170-180 range, which is sustainable for quite a while. If I get into the mid to upper 180's, I can't go more than 15-20 minutes. If I get above 190 to 195, I will not be able to go much longer than 5 minutes without doubling over. For me 190 is a good number on the end of an intense HIIT cycle. Don't expect to keep at 190 for very long, but it isn't going to kill you......, well....in my internet jockey opinion, assuming you are in good health...it won't kill you.......
    Weird, my heart rate stayed at around 190 the whole time I was doing elliptical (about 15 minutes). I feel great today, so it must have been good for me.

Hotmoltenlava is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hotmoltenlava is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hotmoltenlava is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hotmoltenlava is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hotmoltenlava is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hotmoltenlava is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hotmoltenlava is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hotmoltenlava is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hotmoltenlava is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hotmoltenlava is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hotmoltenlava is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by seamless View Post
    Weird, my heart rate stayed at around 190 the whole time I was doing elliptical (about 15 minutes). I feel great today, so it must have been good for me.
    Means one of two things:

1. You are in really good shape. Congrats. Keep it up.
    2. That heart monitor isn't worth $hit....

Have a good one.
    My Will Is Hot Molten Lava