Plain Jane has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Plain Jane has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Plain Jane has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Plain Jane has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Plain Jane has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Plain Jane has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Plain Jane has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Plain Jane has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Plain Jane has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Plain Jane has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Plain Jane has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Arrow Eating 6-8 Times Per Day

For the last few days I've been eating 6-8 times per day instead of 5. I used to eat breakfast, lunch, and dinner, plus two snacks between. Now I'm eating small meals of 150 to 350 calories each every 2 hours or so. I'm getting the same amount of calories as previously and each meal contains at least half a serving of protein and either a fruit or vegetable. By then end of the day I've consumed (on average) five servings of lean protein, at least 6 servings of fruit and veges combined, and 3 servings of dairy in the form of yoghurt, mozzarella cheese, or egg whites. I have one square of 85% cocoa chocolate and a tablespoon of olive oil for my fat ration. Almost all of my carbs come from the fruit or veges. Is this a good idea? Are there any negative consequences about having my body in a constant state of digestion?

Registered User Gettin_Shredded's Avatar
    Gettin_Shredded has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gettin_Shredded has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gettin_Shredded has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gettin_Shredded has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gettin_Shredded has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gettin_Shredded has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gettin_Shredded has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gettin_Shredded has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gettin_Shredded has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Plain Jane View Post
    For the last few days I've been eating 6-8 times per day instead of 5. I used to eat breakfast, lunch, and dinner, plus two snacks between. Now I'm eating small meals of 150 to 350 calories each every 2 hours or so. I'm getting the same amount of calories as previously and each meal contains at least half a serving of protein and either a fruit or vegetable. By then end of the day I've consumed (on average) five servings of lean protein, at least 6 servings of fruit and veges combined, and 3 servings of dairy in the form of yoghurt, mozzarella cheese, or egg whites. I have one square of 85% cocoa chocolate and a tablespoon of olive oil for my fat ration. Almost all of my carbs come from the fruit or veges. Is this a good idea? Are there any negative consequences about having my body in a constant state of digestion?
    I'm not an expert dietitian but that looks like a great plan. If only I could buckle down and do that with real food... Oh well, guess its time to have another shake... haha

BTW the only strict food diet I ever followed was 4 months of nothing but tuna sandwiches, chicken breast, protein powder, and veggies. Needless to say, the sight of any of the before mentioned makes me cringe >< Good luck!
    ALMOST THERE!

Nothing tastes as good as it FEELS to look good! - THE TRUTH

Good decisions come from experience, and experience comes from bad decisions.

YES, I am on the V-Diet http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=86973703#post86973703

saizen is just really nice. (+1000) saizen is just really nice. (+1000) saizen is just really nice. (+1000) saizen is just really nice. (+1000) saizen is just really nice. (+1000) saizen is just really nice. (+1000) saizen is just really nice. (+1000) saizen is just really nice. (+1000) saizen is just really nice. (+1000) saizen is just really nice. (+1000) saizen is just really nice. (+1000)
    looking good. I don't recommend u only get ur carbs from veggies and fruit(that's fructose and too much of it can work against you not for u, u are supposed to get carbs from fruit in small amounts) though. U should also be gettin' your carbs from rice and sweet potatoes/yams and other starchy low GI carb sources.
    "Trust me, if you do an honest 20 rep program, at some point Jesus will talk to you. On the last day of the program, he asked if he could work in."

-Mark Rippetoe

-1st Place Men's Physique Class D, Muscle Evolution Santa Clara, CA 1/2015
    -1st Place Men's Physique Amateur, Muscle Evolution Santa Clara, CA 1/2015
    -3rd Place Men's Physique Overall, Muscle Evolution Santa Clara, CA 1/2015

IG: @llkoole7

Gettin_Shredded has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gettin_Shredded has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gettin_Shredded has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gettin_Shredded has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gettin_Shredded has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gettin_Shredded has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gettin_Shredded has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gettin_Shredded has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gettin_Shredded has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by saizen View Post
    looking good. I don't recommend u only get ur carbs from veggies and fruit(that's fructose and too much of it can work against you not for u, u are supposed to get carbs from fruit in small amounts) though. U should also be gettin' your carbs from rice and sweet potatoes/yams and other starchy low GI carb sources.
    I would agree with you on the rice and sweet potatoes/yams but fruits are a great source of carbs. True they have simple sugars in them, but when eaten within reason there isn't any reason they shouldn't be eaten. You are right though, fruits shouldn't be your only source of carbs.
    ALMOST THERE!

YES, I am on the V-Diet http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=86973703#post86973703

Plain Jane has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Plain Jane has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Plain Jane has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Plain Jane has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Plain Jane has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Plain Jane has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Plain Jane has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Plain Jane has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Plain Jane has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Plain Jane has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Plain Jane has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks for the comments. I've considered incorporating carbs into my diet by using low carb tortillas in conjunction with lean ground beef and reduced fat cheese to make healthy burritos, and also easting one slice of oat bran toast with a tablespoon of cream cheese spread. I'm reluctant to reduce my fruit intake because they keep me full and do wonders to quelch my sugar cravings. When I get those sugar munchies I have a cup of grapes instead of a candy bar. Also, the fruit is rich in antioxidants which is important to me as two close relatives have cancer. But I see your point of eating too much fructose. I try to eat the low GI fruits. I eat mostly blueberries, strawberries and plums, but also have some high GI fruits in there like grapes and sweet apples.

Would you recommend I include other carbs in addition to the fruit, or maybe cut back on the high GI fruits? Also, what's a reasonable amount of fruit per day? So far today I had about 2 servings of blueberries, a serving of strawberries, a serving of grapes, and a plum. Tonight I'm planning on having a cored apple after dinner. What's considered overkill?
    Last edited by Plain Jane; 10-15-2007 at 05:43 PM.

Originally Posted by Plain Jane View Post
    Thanks for the comments. I've considered incorporating carbs into my diet by using low carb tortillas in conjunction with lean ground beef and reduced fat cheese to make healthy burritos, and also easting one slice of oat bran toast with a tablespoon of cream cheese spread. I'm reluctant to reduce my fruit intake because they keep me full and do wonders to quelch my sugar cravings. When I get those sugar munchies I have a cup of grapes instead of a candy bar. Also, the fruit is rich in antioxidants which is important to me as two close relatives have cancer. But I see your point of eating too much fructose. I try to eat the low GI fruits. I eat mostly blueberries, strawberries and plums, but also have some high GI fruits in there like grapes and sweet apples.

Would you recommend I include other carbs in addition to the fruit, or maybe cut back on the high GI fruits? Also, what's a reasonable amount of fruit per day? So far today I had about 2 servings of blueberries, a serving of strawberries, a serving of grapes, and a plum. Tonight I'm planning on having a cored apple after dinner. What's considered overkill?
    This is where your diet plan comes into play. If your at the point where your counting calories, 3-4 servings of fruit is very healthy as long as they fit into your daily caloric limits. If your just trying to eat healthy right now, I would suggest watching the other parts of your diet and make sure you don't go overboard. You have to make allowances in your diet so you don't go insane, but be reasonable with what you eat and what your expectations are! If you eat fruit in moderation (3-4 servings a day) you'll be fine.
    ALMOST THERE!

saizen is just really nice. (+1000) saizen is just really nice. (+1000) saizen is just really nice. (+1000) saizen is just really nice. (+1000) saizen is just really nice. (+1000) saizen is just really nice. (+1000) saizen is just really nice. (+1000) saizen is just really nice. (+1000) saizen is just really nice. (+1000) saizen is just really nice. (+1000) saizen is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Gettin_Shredded View Post
    This is where your diet plan comes into play. If your at the point where your counting calories, 3-4 servings of fruit is very healthy as long as they fit into your daily caloric limits. If your just trying to eat healthy right now, I would suggest watching the other parts of your diet and make sure you don't go overboard. You have to make allowances in your diet so you don't go insane, but be reasonable with what you eat and what your expectations are! If you eat fruit in moderation (3-4 servings a day) you'll be fine.
    yeah if you really wanna get into counting calories try not eat more than 70-100 cals in fruit per serving. And yes 3-4 servings is about right. Agreed.
    "Trust me, if you do an honest 20 rep program, at some point Jesus will talk to you. On the last day of the program, he asked if he could work in."

-Mark Rippetoe

-1st Place Men's Physique Class D, Muscle Evolution Santa Clara, CA 1/2015
    -1st Place Men's Physique Amateur, Muscle Evolution Santa Clara, CA 1/2015
    -3rd Place Men's Physique Overall, Muscle Evolution Santa Clara, CA 1/2015

IG: @llkoole7

SDC77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDC77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDC77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDC77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDC77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDC77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDC77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDC77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDC77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDC77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDC77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by saizen View Post
    u are supposed to get carbs from fruit in small amounts
    Says who?
    Why?
    What is a small amount?