djgrbx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) djgrbx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) djgrbx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) djgrbx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) djgrbx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) djgrbx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) djgrbx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) djgrbx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) djgrbx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) djgrbx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) djgrbx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Slip Disc. Increase strength and muscle mass??

Hi,

I had posted earlier about my slipped disc conditon. I have a slip disc in my lower back (L4-L5). I'm still trying very hard to gain muscle mass and weight. I'm currently around 64 kgs, and 5'7". At present, the disc doesn't give me any problems, unless I do a mistake by twisting or poor form. My goal is 75 kgs.

I have no idea how much calories I'm eating, but I'm eating enough. Could anyone help me with a sample diet including eggs, tuna, milk, rice, bananas, serious mass, salad, toast, cheese, etc. to make a proper balanced diet.

Moreover, I also need a good lifting schedule. I'm presently doing one body part a day.

Monday - Legs
    Tuesday - Shoulders
    Wednesday - Chest
    Thursday - Triceps
    Friday - Back
    Saturday - Biceps
    Sunday - OFF

Whatever exercise I do, I see to it that the reps are 15,8,4 with completely heavy weights except leg press. Anyways, I need a good schedule with what exercises I have to do everyday.

I don't do deadlifts or squats because I'm scared I might rupture my disc again. I read a lot about these two exercises. They increase your strength because the secretion of growth hormones is the highest when doing these exercises. Could anyone please tell me whether it is safe for me to start doing these exercises and whether according to my strength should I do medium or heavy weights??!

I've read Luis Berrios article on "Bodybuilding and Lower Back Pain" which says that you must avoid squats, 45º leg press and deadlifts completely and switch to horizontal leg press and leg extensions. The fact is that I can never do Leg Extension, because whenever I straighten my legs while seated, the nerve actually pulls in my lower back and there is intense pain. Thats exactly why I never did leg extensions. I do 45º leg press however, medium weight. I really feel I can do squats, not sure about deadlifts, but I still want a second opinion from you guys here.

Will be very glad to hear from a guy who has been through the same condition.

Please help me. Thank you and waiting for your replies.
    DJGRBX

chimairachik07 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chimairachik07 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chimairachik07 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chimairachik07 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chimairachik07 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chimairachik07 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chimairachik07 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i have a lower back condition.. degenerative muscle basically due to bad wrestling injury ... (stop the backyard wrestling) okay i broke down muscle in my back really bad my lowerback hurts a lot i c a chiropractor all the time... i do deadlifts with little weight and few reps like 6 x3 its hard try back extentions to help

TacticalNuke will become famous soon enough. (+50) TacticalNuke will become famous soon enough. (+50) TacticalNuke will become famous soon enough. (+50) TacticalNuke will become famous soon enough. (+50) TacticalNuke will become famous soon enough. (+50) TacticalNuke will become famous soon enough. (+50) TacticalNuke will become famous soon enough. (+50) TacticalNuke will become famous soon enough. (+50) TacticalNuke will become famous soon enough. (+50) TacticalNuke will become famous soon enough. (+50) TacticalNuke will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I've had some back problems. Squats are pretty much out of the question as far as I'm concerned. However, I'm thinking deadlifts (something I haven't done in a while) might be the trick. With squats the weight is basically trying to compress your back and aggravate symptoms. However, with deadlifts it's doing the opposite, trying to stretch the back. While it's hard to stop the compression from squats it's easy to stop your back from arching and should cause less pain. I say if you can, do just deadlifts. It's better than trying to do squats and fubaring yourself. Try it light at first and increase VERY slowly. If you feel pain, stop immediately.

Aaron_01 is a name known to all. (+5000) Aaron_01 is a name known to all. (+5000) Aaron_01 is a name known to all. (+5000) Aaron_01 is a name known to all. (+5000) Aaron_01 is a name known to all. (+5000) Aaron_01 is a name known to all. (+5000) Aaron_01 is a name known to all. (+5000) Aaron_01 is a name known to all. (+5000) Aaron_01 is a name known to all. (+5000) Aaron_01 is a name known to all. (+5000) Aaron_01 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by chimairachik07
    i have a lower back condition.. degenerative muscle basically due to bad wrestling injury ... (stop the backyard wrestling) okay i broke down muscle in my back really bad my lowerback hurts a lot i c a chiropractor all the time... i do deadlifts with little weight and few reps like 6 x3 its hard try back extentions to help
    Why would you see a chiropractor for muscle pain? Go to deep tissue massage.

djgrbx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) djgrbx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) djgrbx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) djgrbx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) djgrbx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) djgrbx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) djgrbx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) djgrbx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) djgrbx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) djgrbx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) djgrbx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I say if you can, do just deadlifts.
    Thanks. I'll try, I'll be going to the gym in three hours or so.

Anyways, could you help me with a sample 4000+ calorie diet?
    DJGRBX

well, any help will do.....just waiting for your replies
    DJGRBX

Train Hard and be Safe The Big Daddy's Avatar
    The Big Daddy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by djgrbx
    Hi,

I had posted earlier about my slipped disc conditon. I have a slip disc in my lower back (L4-L5). I'm still trying very hard to gain muscle mass and weight. I'm currently around 64 kgs, and 5'7". At present, the disc doesn't give me any problems, unless I do a mistake by twisting or poor form. My goal is 75 kgs.

I have no idea how much calories I'm eating, but I'm eating enough. Could anyone help me with a sample diet including eggs, tuna, milk, rice, bananas, serious mass, salad, toast, cheese, etc. to make a proper balanced diet.

Moreover, I also need a good lifting schedule. I'm presently doing one body part a day.

Monday - Legs
    Tuesday - Shoulders
    Wednesday - Chest
    Thursday - Triceps
    Friday - Back
    Saturday - Biceps
    Sunday - OFF

Whatever exercise I do, I see to it that the reps are 15,8,4 with completely heavy weights except leg press. Anyways, I need a good schedule with what exercises I have to do everyday.

I don't do deadlifts or squats because I'm scared I might rupture my disc again. I read a lot about these two exercises. They increase your strength because the secretion of growth hormones is the highest when doing these exercises. Could anyone please tell me whether it is safe for me to start doing these exercises and whether according to my strength should I do medium or heavy weights??!

I've read Luis Berrios article on "Bodybuilding and Lower Back Pain" which says that you must avoid squats, 45º leg press and deadlifts completely and switch to horizontal leg press and leg extensions. The fact is that I can never do Leg Extension, because whenever I straighten my legs while seated, the nerve actually pulls in my lower back and there is intense pain. Thats exactly why I never did leg extensions. I do 45º leg press however, medium weight. I really feel I can do squats, not sure about deadlifts, but I still want a second opinion from you guys here.

Will be very glad to hear from a guy who has been through the same condition.

Please help me. Thank you and waiting for your replies.
    Just follow the advice in my article and you would be fine. I got my herniated disk for about 4 yrs now and I'm doing ok without surgery. Keep squats and deadlift out of your routine. If you feel ok with leg press keep doing it, dont bring your legs too close to your chest. Listen to your body. Just be safe and let me know if you need anything else.

The Big Daddy

punjabihassan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Some help needed...

hi,
    I am 20 yrs old have the same slip disk problem like you(L4-L5). It's been a month, I am on complete bed rest. Now, my doctor told me to increase my normal activities gradually. I am planning to start working-out around October. I have been working-out from last 3 yrs and have a decent experience in gym. Now, I am 5'11 and 175 lbs (80 kgs). After slip disk I cannot work-out like before, so I need your help to to know the DO's and DONT'S of working-out. I want to know your work-out schedule in complete detail.
    P.S. - Also give your detailed description on your slip disk condition.
    Thank You