Fuctional Strength Traine Runningbackiler's Avatar
    Runningbackiler is on a distinguished road. (+10) Runningbackiler is on a distinguished road. (+10) Runningbackiler is on a distinguished road. (+10) Runningbackiler is on a distinguished road. (+10) Runningbackiler is on a distinguished road. (+10) Runningbackiler is on a distinguished road. (+10) Runningbackiler is on a distinguished road. (+10) Runningbackiler is on a distinguished road. (+10) Runningbackiler is on a distinguished road. (+10) Runningbackiler is on a distinguished road. (+10) Runningbackiler is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Post Deck o' Cards:MMA Workout Rountine

Muscles need to be shocked to produce different gains each time. This is the little known secret of MMA/judo competors. Your body will adapt to your workout after about 3 weeks. This will create a plateu(sp?). I recommend a different but simular workout every time you workout. For the "natural strength workout.

For this workout you need a deck of cards, it's a simple way of training and your guaranteed a different workout every time.

All you have to do is to assign an exercise to either each suit or color of cards then shuffle the deck and get started. Simply pick the top card off the pack, the color or suit corresponds to the exercise and the value of the card corresponds to the number of repetitions of that exercise. It is optional to keep the joker in the pack (usually assigned a value of 20), all kings/queens/jokers are given a value of 10, the ace is 1.

If you keep the jokers in the pack it will be 105 repetitions of each exercise if you assign a suit to each exercise, or 210 if you assign a color to each exercise.

Here are two examples of workouts :

A)
    Black : Press Up
    Red : Boot strapper

B)
    Hearts : Chin-up
    Diamonds : Hindu Squat
    Spades : Reverse Press-up
    Clubs : Knee-raise

I have a list of Bodyweight excersises you can use
    Upper Body Exercises:

Push Ups
    Shoulder Prush Up
    Handstand Prush Ups
    One-arm handstand Hold
    Hindu Press Up
    Mantis Press Ups
    Circular Press Ups
    Pull-Ups
    One-arm Hang
    Diamond Press Ups
    Reverse Press Ups
    Open and Close
    Forearm Roller
    Shoulder Circles
    Chinese Handstand
    Bear Walk
    Crab Walk
    Bar Dips
    Weighted Punching
    Farmers Walk
    Isometric Squeeze

Core Body Exercises:

Static Abs
    The Ab Crunch
    Chopping
    Knee to chest
    V-ups
    Knee to Elbow
    Kick Ups / Outs
    Hyper Extension
    Good Morning / Toe Touch
    Squat Thrust / Mountain Climber
    Bridge / Hip Bridge
    Jack-Knife
    Reverse Crunch
    Chinees
    Donkey Kick

Lower Body Exercises :

Boot Strapper
    The Basic Bodyweight Squat
    Burpees
    Horse Stance-hold-hold 1 mintue
    Hindu Squat
    One-legged Squats
    Calve Raise
    Step Up
    Platform Jump
    Lunge
    Sumo Squat

Look them up on Bodybuilding.com there or PM me and I will take time out and tell what is what.
    "I am here to serve all belivers"- Runningbackiler the Fuctional Strength Athlete

Runningbackiler is on a distinguished road. (+10) Runningbackiler is on a distinguished road. (+10) Runningbackiler is on a distinguished road. (+10) Runningbackiler is on a distinguished road. (+10) Runningbackiler is on a distinguished road. (+10) Runningbackiler is on a distinguished road. (+10) Runningbackiler is on a distinguished road. (+10) Runningbackiler is on a distinguished road. (+10) Runningbackiler is on a distinguished road. (+10) Runningbackiler is on a distinguished road. (+10) Runningbackiler is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    bump
    "I am here to serve all belivers"- Runningbackiler the Fuctional Strength Athlete

You are not what you own. dookie1481's Avatar
    dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Runningbackiler
    Muscles need to be shocked to produce different gains each time. This is the little known secret of MMA/judo competors. Your body will adapt to your workout after about 3 weeks. This will create a plateu(sp?).
    Wow, how scientific. Sources?
    "When the only tool you have is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble a nail."
    -Abraham Maslow

"Ass busting work + consistency + time = results.
    Burn that into your head and quit looking for quick fixes and secrets. Because they don't exist."
    -Lyle McDonald

"You can't overwhelm idiots with knowledge, but, sadly, the knowledgable can be overwhelmed by idiots."
    -Charlie Francis

peregrine is a jewel in the rough. (+500) peregrine is a jewel in the rough. (+500) peregrine is a jewel in the rough. (+500) peregrine is a jewel in the rough. (+500) peregrine is a jewel in the rough. (+500) peregrine is a jewel in the rough. (+500) peregrine is a jewel in the rough. (+500) peregrine is a jewel in the rough. (+500) peregrine is a jewel in the rough. (+500) peregrine is a jewel in the rough. (+500) peregrine is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    your program is great for your age. stick to t then when you hit 18 and need more power and strength considier weight training.
    Henry Rollins
    It took me years to fully appreciate the value of the lessons I have learned from the Iron... I learned that nothing good comes without work and a certain amount of pain. When I finish a set that leaves me shaking, I know more about myself. When something gets bad, I know it can't be as bad as that workout.

Sensei Creese:Cobra KAi founder
    Mercy is for the weak, we do not train to be merciful here, a man faces you, he is the enemy, the enemy deserves no mercy...

Exclamation

i wieghttrain damnit i have done it all my life, age is not a factor this is a whole diferent ballgame and will produce aa more fuctional strength for general sports and strength endurance for MMA age is not a factor as I must sy again. U shuld try this prgram, unless your a bodybuilder this hellp you in a totaly diferent way( and a better way to me) than weightlifing. But weightlifting is to general what type everything is different just becuase u belivie(sp?) my age has something to do with my training an or knowlenge(sp?) of the subject then you have not picked the right person. Bodyweight excersises are a whole different ballgame. THe undefeated great judo person ( name Kirnma or something) could do 1,000 push non-stop. Great fuctional Strength, he also weightlifted. I am just trying to say that well it should be obvisous now.

Happy Lifting

Oh yea and I dont do this its a fun excersise but I want to be the best ever my program (which is currently underdevolepment) will be based off the greatest of princles and from the best examaples. But to be truthfully I am currently doing the royal court.

Oh yea dookie lol no souces but my brain I swear on my honor. I have been reading up on **** for years and needed an explanation after I wrote the article.

powerman2000 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) powerman2000 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) powerman2000 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) powerman2000 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) powerman2000 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) powerman2000 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) powerman2000 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) powerman2000 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) powerman2000 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) powerman2000 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) powerman2000 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)

Thumbs up

Muscles need to be shocked to produce different gains each time. This is the little known secret of MMA/judo competors. Your body will adapt to your workout after about 3 weeks. This will create a plateu(sp?). I recommend a different but simular workout every time you workout.
    He is absolutely correct in what he says here!

I wish I had learned this lesson when I was 14 years old. You should do very well for yourself. Keep on learning and train like a freak!
    Racism is completely irrational.

Raising taxes never created a single job.

thx!!!I am glad what i said was true hopefully i can make more post with infromation as this and i might ge repped

powerman2000 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) powerman2000 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) powerman2000 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) powerman2000 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) powerman2000 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) powerman2000 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) powerman2000 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) powerman2000 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) powerman2000 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) powerman2000 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) powerman2000 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)

Unhappy

thx!!!I am glad what i said was true hopefully i can make more post with infromation as this and i might ge repped
    I wanted to give you reps, but my tank is empty.

BTW, its not a little know secret either, but you're still right.

oh dang lol, well recharge

peregrine is a jewel in the rough. (+500) peregrine is a jewel in the rough. (+500) peregrine is a jewel in the rough. (+500) peregrine is a jewel in the rough. (+500) peregrine is a jewel in the rough. (+500) peregrine is a jewel in the rough. (+500) peregrine is a jewel in the rough. (+500) peregrine is a jewel in the rough. (+500) peregrine is a jewel in the rough. (+500) peregrine is a jewel in the rough. (+500) peregrine is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    to let you know i have done the royal court and deck of cards for some time in the past of my boxing and mma days. i did it back before the matt furey craze, as my friends had stayed and trained with the guy matt learned it from. so wham to you.
    they would do there crazy headstand neck extensions and headrolls as well, building neck strnegth like i have never seen.

age is somewhat still a factor for 'serious' weight training. tell me you can squat 3plates and grow to your full height? or deadlift 3 plates and grow to your your full potential.

you must be talking about KIMURA. a kimura is a key lock or can be called an americana. so bam. tap you out. combining the weighttraining and the royal court can lead to overtraining if you are doing this on top of mma. watch your workload.
    Henry Rollins
    It took me years to fully appreciate the value of the lessons I have learned from the Iron... I learned that nothing good comes without work and a certain amount of pain. When I finish a set that leaves me shaking, I know more about myself. When something gets bad, I know it can't be as bad as that workout.

Mercy is for the weak, we do not train to be merciful here, a man faces you, he is the enemy, the enemy deserves no mercy...

u do them at separate times, and nice infromation you have, u knew excatly what i was talking about, a trait not seen in many ppl that i confront. I dont do royal and weightlifing at the same time. It like trying to Powerlift and bodybuild at the same time. Different goals.

It not like am 7 years old trying too deadlift 500 pounds. I am 5'11 and and been weighting for a while.
    Last edited by Runningbackiler; 06-18-2005 at 12:51 AM.

dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Oh yea dookie lol no souces but my brain I swear on my honor. I have been reading up on **** for years and needed an explanation after I wrote the article.
    Oh, in that case...
    "When the only tool you have is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble a nail."
    -Abraham Maslow

Burn that into your head and quit looking for quick fixes and secrets. Because they don't exist."
    -Lyle McDonald

"You can't overwhelm idiots with knowledge, but, sadly, the knowledgable can be overwhelmed by idiots."
    -Charlie Francis

Originally Posted by dookie1481
    Oh, in that case...
    So you've never heard of any shock training protocols?

You've never heard of muscle fiber accommodation?

You've never heard of periodization protocols?

This is all true, Ass busting work + consistency + time = results, but there is much more to the equation than just those three things.
    Last edited by powerman2000; 06-18-2005 at 04:03 AM.

powerman2000

nice numbers for big3. what's your weight? and if i may ask your bf?
    Henry Rollins

me?

Originally Posted by powerman2000
    So you've never heard of any shock training protocols?

You've never heard of muscle fiber accommodation?

You've never heard of periodization protocols?

This is all true, Ass busting work + consistency + time = results, but there is much more to the equation than just those three things.
    No, I was referring to the N=1 bull**** that gets thrown around all over the place.
    -Abraham Maslow

-Lyle McDonald

-Charlie Francis

huh?

sandersonlax05 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sandersonlax05 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sandersonlax05 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sandersonlax05 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sandersonlax05 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sandersonlax05 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sandersonlax05 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sandersonlax05 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sandersonlax05 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sandersonlax05 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sandersonlax05 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i like the idea with the cards. he's definitely right about the 3-4 weeks you plateau. i wouldn't use this as my sole workout but if you're just goofing off around the house or watching tv it's a nice suppliment/addition. i would rep but your spelling, grammar, and basic english knowledge is horrific (sorry if that's racist).
    Weight loss competition between coworkers (started at 180 lbs):
    1/09/11 - 173 lbs
    1/15/11 -
    1/23/11 -
    1/30/11 -
    2/06/11 -
    2/13/11 -

Kirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Runningbackiler View Post
    Muscles need to be shocked to produce different gains each time.
    I stopped reading after this point. Negged.

EDIT: Negged the guy above me too, don't be bumping threads from 2005.

EDIT2: Negs on recharge dammit!
    Last edited by Kirra; 03-01-2011 at 09:26 AM.
    *Fat Kunt Krew (FKK)* President: Alan Aragon
    *C2H6O is the only macro that counts crew*
    *4th of October Victim Krew*
    *Neg incels for fun crew*