Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Nutrition911 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nutrition911 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by ksheab View Post
    yes, you need to warmup every muscle group. acclimation sets are part of the warmup. one set is not ever a proper warmup in maxot.

personally, i do a minimum of 3warmup sets per muscle group by using the first exericse in my routine.

with the smaller bodyparts, im usually warmed up enough on the 3rd, but, i may do another. who knows.

with squats and back i usually do around 5. the key is to not fatigue the muscles and prepare them to be blasted with heavy weight.

increase wt and decrease reps. warmups are often 1-2 rep sets.
    aright, hey thanks a lot man. appreciate it. I'm starting this program in 2 days. just finished my 1-week off recuperation time from my last program. I'm really looking forward to this. have a good one buddy.
    Brink's Universal Law of Nutrition:

"Total calories dictate how much you lose or gain, and macronutrient types and ratios dictate what you lose or gain."

ethanjkaplan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ethanjkaplan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ethanjkaplan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ethanjkaplan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ethanjkaplan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ethanjkaplan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ethanjkaplan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ethanjkaplan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ethanjkaplan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ethanjkaplan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    So you go to failure on every single exercise? Or you go to 4-6? Squatting to failure sounds horribly dangerous at high weights. I almost killed myself failing on 255 (and yes I had a spotter). Is there a proper way to fail on squats?

ksheab is not very helpful. (-500) ksheab is not very helpful. (-500) ksheab is not very helpful. (-500) ksheab is not very helpful. (-500) ksheab is not very helpful. (-500) ksheab is not very helpful. (-500) ksheab is not very helpful. (-500) ksheab is not very helpful. (-500) ksheab is not very helpful. (-500) ksheab is not very helpful. (-500) ksheab is not very helpful. (-500)
    no, they actually recommend not going to failure. however, your last rep should fall between 4-6.

on squats, if you fail, let the bar roll off your back while stepping forward, if, you do not have any safety bars setup at the bottom.

Sim882 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sim882 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sim882 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sim882 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sim882 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sim882 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sim882 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sim882 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sim882 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sim882 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sim882 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Is it OK to do any sets with pauses between repetitions.

I often for eg do bb bench with 1-2 second pause between reps, esp if I'm thinking I may fail.

And another thing - is it Ok to do Max OT except for 1 bodypart (legs). I can squat > double weight for 5 reps, yet most recreational cyclists have bigger legs than me. The low rep has always yielded me better for chest/back than legs.
    Last edited by Sim882; 10-30-2009 at 02:02 PM.

saxman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) saxman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) saxman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) saxman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) saxman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Does anyone know what happened the exercise execution guide that used to be part of the Max-OT program when you logged in? It was an excellent resource with photos of how to properly execute different exercises. I liked to point people newer to exercising to this as it was a great reference in my opinion.

Did AST remove this portion of the Max-OT information, or am I just not looking in the right spot?
    "The best things in life are free"

bballing1210 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Is this program suitable for people that are semi-beginners (not really intermediate yet, but certainly not completely new to the lifting world)? I'm contemplating this or Madcows 5x5 over the next few months and can't decide what. I've gained quite a bit of mass on Ripptoes, but am still relatively weak (5'10'' and went from 120lbs to 140lbs in over the course of about 4 months). I'd rather have a program that puts on mass over strength, is this more suitable for me? Thanks.

saxman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) saxman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) saxman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) saxman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) saxman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by bballing1210 View Post
    Is this program suitable for people that are semi-beginners (not really intermediate yet, but certainly not completely new to the lifting world)? I'm contemplating this or Madcows 5x5 over the next few months and can't decide what. I've gained quite a bit of mass on Ripptoes, but am still relatively weak (5'10'' and went from 120lbs to 140lbs in over the course of about 4 months). I'd rather have a program that puts on mass over strength, is this more suitable for me? Thanks.
    You could certainly give it a shot. Everyone responds differently to different programs. I would say stick to it for at least 4-6 weeks and see how your body responds. It's been a while since I've been on the Max-OT site, but I believe they have an "introductory" portion to the program for those who have not worked out ever or for very long. Obviously using the lower reps (4-6) per set, you will use more weight than you would for higher rep sets. More weight puts more strain on your joints, connective tissues, and muscles. If you are used to higher reps with less weight, you won't want to instantly push yourself at 110% intensity on this program. I would just say take some time to review the program and ease into. The worst thing you want to do is go all out the first week and hurt yourself. I'm a believer in training with intensity every workout, but you also have to prepare yourself for that intensity if you are not used to it.
    "The best things in life are free"

AdamRingshall has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AdamRingshall has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AdamRingshall has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AdamRingshall has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AdamRingshall has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AdamRingshall has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AdamRingshall has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AdamRingshall has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AdamRingshall has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AdamRingshall has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AdamRingshall has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I cannot believe I only just found this thread...

Just want to say to everyone out there who has not used, tried or experienced the awesome power of MAX-OT that is ROCKS!

This has to be, in my opinion, the most powerful training system in the world. It is of course not the only productive and useful system but if your goal is maximum gains in record time then this is the one guys.

After training, eating and experiementing for years, and seeing good results, I have to say the year I discovered and applied all of the principles of Max-OT with massive commitment, my results and gains skyrocketed!

If you haven't used this incredible system yet I urge you to do your research, learn the variables and all the principles of the system and put it all into action. Your'll be glad you did.

Just my small bit of input on Max-OT.
    Adam
    Get a FREE video course on Fat Loss and Boosting Metabolism at www.BodyByAdam.co.uk

bballing1210 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Fair enough, the training and exercises look pretty well thought-out. How's the nutritional calculator working out for you all? Is it pretty accurate?

sivaprakash has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Need clarity on work set

Mate,

I ve been doing Max ot for atleast 3 weeks now and see incredible gains.Thanks.But one thing puzzles me.

Warm up and sets Do they go like

Warm up (12 reps)+Warm up (10 reps)+Warm up (6 reps)+Weight Accimination(3 reps)+Weight Accimination(1 rep) + Work set ( 6 - 9 reps)

All this in one shot like a superset for 4 - 6 sets is this right or

Warm up (12 reps)+Warm up (10 reps)+Warm up (6 reps)+Weight Accimination(3 reps)+Weight Accimination(1 rep) + Work set ( 6 - 9 reps) + Work set ( 6 - 9 reps) + Work set ( 6 - 9 reps) + Work set ( 6 - 9 reps)

All this in one shot like a superset is this right or

Warm up (12 reps)+Warm up (10 reps)+Warm up (6 reps)+Weight Accimination(3 reps)+Weight Accimination(1 rep)

Do this Like a super set and then take a break and then do the sets like super set

Work set ( 6 - 9 reps) + Work set ( 6 - 9 reps) + Work set ( 6 - 9 reps) + Work set ( 6 - 9 reps)

and do the work out as super set am confused on this bit.kindly enlighten me mate.

Siva

Really help me mate

sivaprakash has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Unhappy People clarity on Max OT

Help Needed please

Mpiou is just really nice. (+1000) Mpiou is just really nice. (+1000) Mpiou is just really nice. (+1000) Mpiou is just really nice. (+1000) Mpiou is just really nice. (+1000) Mpiou is just really nice. (+1000) Mpiou is just really nice. (+1000) Mpiou is just really nice. (+1000) Mpiou is just really nice. (+1000) Mpiou is just really nice. (+1000) Mpiou is just really nice. (+1000)
    Just a quick question

Is a typical Push/Pull/Legs routine considered Max-OT?

For Example

Monday - Pull
    Barbell Rows 3x5
    Weighted Pull Ups 2x5
    Deadlift 3x5

Wednesday - Legs/Abs
    Squat 3x5
    Calve Raises 3x5
    Crunches 3x12
    Leg Raises 3x12

Friday - Push
    Bench Press 3x5
    Overhead Press 3x5
    Weighted Dips 2x5

I think it follows all Max-OT principles:

1. Each workout should last 30-40 minutes.
    2. Train only 1-2 muscle groups per workout.
    3. Do 6 to 9 total heavy sets per muscle group.
    4. Do 4 to 6 reps per set.
    5. Rest 2-3 minutes between sets.
    6. Train each muscle group once every 5-7 days.
    7. Take a 1 week break from training every 8 to 10 weeks.

It may seem like an obvious question to lots of you but I am confused cause I keep seeing
    "Pull/Push/Legs vs Max-OT" threads in several forums and comparing these two.

To me, it seems like a Push-Pull-Legs split could easily be considered Max-OT. Just want to know your opinion too.
    Do you think a workout like this will have similar effects as any Max-OT workout?

Registered User BeyondBrawn1764's Avatar
    BeyondBrawn1764 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BeyondBrawn1764 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BeyondBrawn1764 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BeyondBrawn1764 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BeyondBrawn1764 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BeyondBrawn1764 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BeyondBrawn1764 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BeyondBrawn1764 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    No it is not the same. Right off I notice that you are not doing the recommended 6-9 sets per bodypart. Other than that VERY important principle it could be considered somewhat close.
    'breviated is best!

Not even my final form NZninja101's Avatar
    NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I've always thought Max OT sounded like a cool way to train, sticky!

|progress| is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) |progress| is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) |progress| is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) |progress| is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) |progress| is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) |progress| is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) |progress| is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) |progress| is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) |progress| is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) |progress| is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) |progress| is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Strong bump....
    "Just Get It Off"
    Fightin' Texas Aggie
    MFC
    RIP YGST

leaftors has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) leaftors has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) leaftors has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) leaftors has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) leaftors has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) leaftors has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) leaftors has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) leaftors has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) leaftors has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) leaftors has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) leaftors has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    strong bump anyone doing this atm?

aj0538 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) aj0538 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) aj0538 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) aj0538 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) aj0538 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) aj0538 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) aj0538 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) aj0538 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) aj0538 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) aj0538 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) aj0538 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by leaftors View Post
    strong bump anyone doing this atm?
    I am. I'm on my fifth week and my strength has gone up considerably. I'm stronger now than I've ever been. I've put on some really good size especially on my chest and shoulders which were always slow to respond for me. My Biceps have blown up pretty good also.

For an example on strength increases
    Incline dumbbell went from 85 x 6 to 120 X 7(today was chest day)
    Decline hammer strength chest press (yeah its a machine but I had no spotter) went from 270 to 360
    Barbell curl (EZ Curl bar with fixed weight) went from 70 X 6 to 110 X6 (super strict - slight "nudge" on last rep)
    Dead-lift went from 315 X 6 to 405 X4 (I should be stronger on this - I want 500)
    Standing Military press went from 135 X 8 to 185 X 5 (225 is my goal)

I haven't had a week yet where I haven't gotten either added weight or reps on my exercises.

I'm going to run this through the whole program cycle and than reevaluate and possibly try out Doggcrapp but I never leave a program if I'm gaining so we'll see.

Edit to say that you need to have your nutrition squared away. I believe in higher protein intake and i keep my good fats moderate. I get fat if I eat too much wheat based food so I eat a lot of rice and try to stay away from bread. I tried Max-ot a couple of years ago but didn't make good progress and I'm sure it's because my diet sucked.

Also, the fast increase in weight has played hell with my elbows and shoulders. I'm taking glucosimine, chondroiton and fish oil and it helped tremendously.
    Last edited by aj0538; 09-11-2011 at 02:02 PM.
    ***Georgia Crew***
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

KinglyGlory has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Max-OT rocks.

Good idea posting a Dummies guide, too.

I love training Max-OT.

soxrox628 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    how is this for a max ot split?
    mon (chest)- 3x4-6 flat barbell bench, 2x4-6 incline dumbell, 2x4-6 decline dumbell
    tues (legs)- 3x4-6 squat, 2x4-6 leg press, 2x4-6 leg curl (sldl hurt back), 3x6-8 leg press calves
    wed (off)
    thursday (biceps, abs)-3x4-6 straight bar curls, 3x4-6 dumbell curls, various ab work
    friday (shoulders, triceps)-3x4-6 standing military press, 2x4-6 dumbell press, 2x6-8 dumbell side laterals, 3x4-6 skull crushers, 3x4-6 tricep push downs
    sat (back and traps)-pull downs 3x4-6, seated cable rows 3x4-6, barbell bent over row, 2x4-6, weighted hypers 2x4-6, shrugs 2x4-6

So now you know the principles of the program, how to properly warm up, and what exercises to be used. Now it's time to take a look at what the actual training looks like, and it's nothing complicated. It's fully customizable for you to set up based on your schedule. Just make sure that you hit every body part, and that you abide to the 7 principles. In case you still aren't sure on what you should be doing, I'll lay out a few splits from the Max-OT Handbook.

Routine A

Monday - Legs and Calves

Squat - 3x4-6
    45 Degree Leg Press - 2x4-6
    Stiff Leg Deadlift - 2x6

Standing Calf Raise - 3x6-8

Tuesday - Chest and Forearms

Incline Bench Press - 3x4-6
    Barbell Bench Press - 3x4-6
    Decline Bench Press - 1x4-6

Barbell Wrist Curls - 3x8-10
    Reverse Wrist Curls - 3x6-8

Wednesday - Back and Traps

Bent Over Barbell Row - 2x4-6
    Close Grip V-Bar Pull Down - 2x4-6
    Pull-ups - 2x4-6
    Cable Row - 1x4-6

Deadlift - 2x4-6
    Barbell Shrug - 1x4-6

Thursday - Shoulders and Triceps

Dumbbell Press - 3x4-6
    Military Press - 2x4-6
    Dumbbell Side Laterals - 2x4-6

Lying Skull Crushers - 2x4-6
    Triceps Press Downs - 2x4-6
    Seated Overhead Triceps Extension - 1x4-6

Friday - Biceps and Abs

Straight Bar Curl - 2x4-6
    Standing Dumbbell Curl - 2x4-6
    EZ Bar Curl - 1x4-6

Leg Raise (Weighted) - 2x12-15
    Cable Crunch - 2x8-10

Routine B (Jeff Willet's Max-OT Split)

Monday - Chest and Triceps

Flat Barbell Bench Press - 2x4-6
    Incline Barbell Bench Press - 2x4-6
    Incline Dumbbell Press - 1x4-6

1 Arm Overhead Dumbbell Press 1x4-6
    Dumbbell Kickback - 1x4-6
    Cable Press Down - 1x4-6
    Lying Skull Crusher - 1x4-6

Tuesday - Legs

Leg Extension (just for warm up) - 2x10
    Squat - 3x4-6
    Leg Press - 2x4-6
    Lunges - 2x4-6
    Stiff Leg Deadlifts - 2x4-6

Wednesday - Back and Biceps

Pull-ups - *x50 (as many sets as it takes to get to 50 reps)
    Barbell Row - 1x4-6
    Pull Downs - 1x4-6
    Low Pulley Row (V Bar) - 1x4-6
    Low Pulley Row (straight bar) - 1x4-6

Alternating Dumbbell Curl - 1x4-6
    Straight Bar Curl - 1x4-6

Thursday - Shoulders, Traps, and Neck

Military Press - 2x4-6
    Dumbbell Side Laterals - 2x4-6
    Dumbbell Bent Laterals - 2x4-6
    Shrugs - 2x4-6
    Low Pulley Row - 2x4-6

Neck Flexion - 2x6-8
    Neck Side Flexion - 2x6-8
    Neck Extension - 2x6-8

Friday - Calves, Abs, and Forearms

Seated Calf Raise - 2x4-6
    Standing Calf Raise - 2x4-6
    45 Degree Calf Press - 2x4-6

Leg Raise - 2x20
    Crunch - 2x20
    Side Crunch - 2x20

Wrist Curl - 2x4-6
    Reverse Wrist Curl - 2x4-6

Routine C

Monday - Legs and Calves

Squat - 3x4-6
    Leg Press - 2x4-6
    Stiff Leg Deadlift - 2x6

Standing Calf Raise - 2x6-8
    45 Degree Calf Press - 2x6-8

Tuesday - Arms and Abs

Straight Bar Curl - 2x4-6
    Alternate Dumbbell Curl - 2x4-6
    Cable Curl - 1x6

Lying Skull Crushers - 2x4-6
    Cable Press Down - 2x6
    Dumbbell Kick-back - 1x6

Wrist Curl - 2x6-8
    Dumbbell Wrist Curl - 1x6-8

Leg Raise - 2x12-15
    Crunch - 2x8-10
    Cable Crunch - 1x8-10

Wednesday - Shoulders and Traps

Military Press - 3x4-6
    Dumbbell Press - 2x4-6
    Dumbbell Side Laterals - 2x6-8

Barbell Shrugs - 2x4-6
    Upright Rows - 2x4-6

Thursday - Back

Cable Pull Downs - 3x4-6
    Seated Cable Row - 3x4-6
    Barbell Bent Row - 2x4-6

Good Morning - 2x4-6
    Hyper-extension (Weighted) - 2x4-6

Friday - Chest

Barbell Bench Press - 3x4-6
    Barbell Incline Bench Press - 3x4-6
    Weighted Dips - 2x4-6

The Pros Use Max-OT

Just to prove that Max-OT isn't just for beginners, here are two bodybuilders and Max-OT advocates, Skip Lacour and Jeff Willet.

Wrap Up

Max-OT is a tough, solid training program that will be useful whether you're bulking or cutting. Stick to the training, eat right, ensure a good amount of sleep, and Max-OT will take you places that you've never been before.[/QUOTE]

yetiamchosen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Just starting MAX-OT, and I'm using the specific plans from the popular 'What is the best MAX-OT workout?' article on this website. I have a few basic questions, really hoping someone can help me out with answers. I'll try to be concise.

#1: How could anyone possibly do this in 30 - 40 minutes? Let's say you did everything perfectly with 5 warmups per muscle group, 2 minute rest periods, only 30 seconds per exercise. So this should be ideally short. Here's Tuesday as an example, I've done the math to make it easy:

Barbell curls: 2 sets x 4-6 reps (5 bicep warmups = 12:30, 2 heavies = 5:00, total with rest = 17:30)
    Hammer curls: 2 sets x 4-6 reps (already warmed up, 2 heavies = 5:00, total with rest = 5:00)
    Preacher curls: 1 sets x 4-6 reps (already warmed up, 1 heavy = 2:30, total with rest = 2:30)
    Close-grip bench press: 2 sets x 4-6 reps (5 tricep warmups = 12:30, 2 heavies = 5:00, total = 17:30)
    Weighted tricep variation dips: 2 sets x 4-6 reps (already warmed up, 2 heavies = 5:00, total = 5:00)
    Skull crushers: 1 sets x 4-6 reps (already warmed up, 1 heavy = 1:30, total = 1:30)
    Palms-down dumbbell wrist curl: 2 sets x 4-6 reps (5 forearm flexor warmups = 12:30, 2 heavies = 5:00, total 17:30)
    Palms-Up Dumbbell wrist curl: 2 sets x 4-6 reps (5 forearm flexor warmups = 12:30, 2 heavies = 5:00, total 17:30)
    Decline sit-ups with weight: 2 sets x 8-12 reps (5 ab warmups = 12:30, 2 heavies = 5:00, total 17:30)
    Leg raises with weight: 2 sets x 8-12 reps (already warmed up, 2 heavies = 5:00)

GRAND TOTAL: 106:30 or 1 HOUR, 40 MINUTES, 30 SECONDS! I've heard some people say that the 30 - 40 minute figure doesn't include warmups and that gym-time is really an hour, but holy crap. What am I missing?

#2: Do I need to warm up muscles if I've already used them in supportive roles? For example, if I do bench presses for chest and then move into a tricep exercise, do I have to warm up my triceps all over again, or are they warmed up from the chest presses?

#3: Do I need to warm up abs?

Thanks very much for the help. Any answers on this, especially the first question, would be greatly appreciated.

JOHNNYB19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JOHNNYB19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JOHNNYB19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    bullshayyyyt breh i do max ot for 4 weeks now gained 12 lbs and dropped 2% bf

wolverine666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

which one of all these are better to get big quick

Originally Posted by hepennypacker52 View Post
    Hmm I'll try to remember off the top of my head...

-Max-OT
    -HST
    -GVT
    -TP-PT
    -HIT
    -DFHT
    -Hardgainer (Abbreviated) Training
    -WSB
    -Russian Training
    -Bulgarian Training
    send me a msg plz

It's Just the Beginning BulkingForever's Avatar
    BulkingForever is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BulkingForever is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BulkingForever is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BulkingForever is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BulkingForever is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BulkingForever is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BulkingForever is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BulkingForever is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BulkingForever is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BulkingForever is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BulkingForever is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I'm glad to see Max-OT has given people awesome results but wouldn't increasing frequency to 2x/week even further results?

Progressive Overload truly is the key though, no matter what program one is using
    You want to beat me, don't miss a meal, because I won't. Don't quit on a set because I'll always be one set ahead of you. Don't walk out of my gym without leaving your guts spilled on the floor because you can bet your ass, I won't.
    Hardcore brother. COME ON!!!

Follow my log 2/2012-1/2014:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=142743611
    I'm gonna show YOU how great I am

*Race To BW OHPx3 Crew*

Repping back 1k+ 100%

norref123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I all,

Most Max-Ot workout I see are either 4 days split or 5 days split.
    Can someone do a 3 days split and make good long term progress or was the program design to be 4 or 5 days split to work?

Thanks

warney has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    most people do chest and triceps.. supposedly i guess because triceps get worked/warmed up during chest..

my view is triceps portion will suffer due to heavy work from chest.. as you probably know triceps also get worked when you do shoulders, but not has much..

therefore i put triceps with shoulders and place it as far away from chest day as possible.. currently doing the following

Sunday
    Legs/lower back (I do deadlifts with legs)

Monday
    Shoulders/triceps

Wed
    Back/biceps

Thur
    Chest/Abs

Terv is not very helpful. (-500) Terv is not very helpful. (-500) Terv is not very helpful. (-500) Terv is not very helpful. (-500) Terv is not very helpful. (-500) Terv is not very helpful. (-500) Terv is not very helpful. (-500) Terv is not very helpful. (-500) Terv is not very helpful. (-500) Terv is not very helpful. (-500) Terv is not very helpful. (-500)
    What if I have more days/more time in my hands? how can I take advantage of that? Can I prehaps start my routine again on sunday with only one day rest? also can I prehaps add an excercise to each day which you noted as recommended exercises for muscle groups because I have more time on my hands?

fqqs is on a distinguished road. (+10) fqqs is on a distinguished road. (+10) fqqs is on a distinguished road. (+10) fqqs is on a distinguished road. (+10) fqqs is on a distinguished road. (+10) fqqs is on a distinguished road. (+10) fqqs is on a distinguished road. (+10) fqqs is on a distinguished road. (+10) fqqs is on a distinguished road. (+10) fqqs is on a distinguished road. (+10) fqqs is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hi all,

Here is my new routine:

Monday - Back, Biceps & Forearms

Deadlifts - 3x4-6
    Pull-Downs - 3x4-6
    Seated Cable Rows - 2x4-6
    Barbell Curls - 2x4-6
    Dumbbell Curls - 2x4-6
    Barbell Wrist Curls - 3x4-6

Wednesday - Chest, Shoulders & Triceps

Flat Bench Press - 3x4-6
    Incline Bench Press - 2x4-6
    Weighted Dips - 1x4-6
    Military Press - 2x4-6
    Side Lateral Raises - 2x4-6
    Lying Triceps Extensions - 2x4-6
    Tricep Cable Pushdowns - 2x4-6

Friday - Legs, Calves & Abs

Squats - 3x4-6
    Leg Press - 2x4-6
    Stiff Leg Deadlifts - 2x4-6
    Standing Calf Raises (Off Smith Machine) - 2x6-8
    Seated Calf Raises - 2x6-8
    Cable Crunches - 2x8-10
    Hanging Leg Raises - 2 Max

Note: Only work sets to failure are listed for all exercises.

Any suggestions?

Benvjohn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs up Hey guys

Max ot is the best! For best strength and best fast twitch muscle gain! This is it! I been training for past 3 years! And i love this way of training!

alphagorilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) alphagorilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) alphagorilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) alphagorilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) alphagorilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) alphagorilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) alphagorilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) alphagorilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) alphagorilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) alphagorilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) alphagorilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    so explain to me after you warm up, the work sets (4-6 reps x 3 sets) are based off what percentages of your 1rm?
    Brazilian Crew [<O>]
    Keto(since 11/11/2011)

zeebodybuilder has a spectacular aura about. (+250) zeebodybuilder has a spectacular aura about. (+250) zeebodybuilder has a spectacular aura about. (+250) zeebodybuilder has a spectacular aura about. (+250) zeebodybuilder has a spectacular aura about. (+250) zeebodybuilder has a spectacular aura about. (+250) zeebodybuilder has a spectacular aura about. (+250) zeebodybuilder has a spectacular aura about. (+250) zeebodybuilder has a spectacular aura about. (+250) zeebodybuilder has a spectacular aura about. (+250) zeebodybuilder has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Hi

I am thinking of starting the Max Ot program I have registered on the AST site. I want to ask I want to follow workout plan [C]. I would like to know how many weeks do you follow this plan before you change all your workout to shock the muscles.
    The Blueprint works!
    http://www.bodybuildingsupplements.com/Q-A.html

Zee'z Huge Controlled Labs Stack. Log
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=452760731&posted=1#post452760731

Bigger Stronger Faster on USPLabs Stack
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=566989171#post566989171