Registered User king of da ring's Avatar
    king of da ring has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

incline press vs. incline flyes

in ur opinions which exercise works the chest better?

Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by king of da ring
    in ur opinions which exercise works the chest better?
    Do a little reading and you'll see a lot of your questions have been answered already on here in a lot of detail. For chest you basically have 2 types of exercises: presses and flyes. Presses are your bread and butter chest exercise. Flyes are seen as more of an isolation movement for detail and definition but I'm absolutely convinced they can build decent mass too. (There are also cable crossovers and pullover exercises which you can add to your chest workout for some variety and detail work.)

Bottom line: do both. I typically do presses first and flyes toward the end of my workout.

MaNlEt MafIa MemBer #1 dodigago's Avatar
    dodigago is a name known to all. (+5000) dodigago is a name known to all. (+5000) dodigago is a name known to all. (+5000) dodigago is a name known to all. (+5000) dodigago is a name known to all. (+5000) dodigago is a name known to all. (+5000) dodigago is a name known to all. (+5000) dodigago is a name known to all. (+5000) dodigago is a name known to all. (+5000) dodigago is a name known to all. (+5000) dodigago is a name known to all. (+5000)
    thats like comparing ice cream with steak..

Powerbuilt is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Powerbuilt is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Powerbuilt is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Powerbuilt is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Powerbuilt is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Powerbuilt is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Powerbuilt is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Powerbuilt is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Powerbuilt is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Powerbuilt is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Powerbuilt is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    For overall mass I do Incline Bench and swap that monthly with incline DB Presses. I use Incline DB flies as a shaping tool for the most part. I never really gained mass from flies. But I do love them as a polish on my chest routine. I love going back, spread into a full stretch then powering threw it with 65s.

AnimalPower has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AnimalPower has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AnimalPower has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AnimalPower has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AnimalPower has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AnimalPower has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by _Dominik_
    Do a little reading and you'll see a lot of your questions have been answered already on here in a lot of detail. For chest you basically have 2 types of exercises: presses and flyes. Presses are your bread and butter chest exercise. Flyes are seen as more of an isolation movement for detail and definition but I'm absolutely convinced they can build decent mass too. (There are also cable crossovers and pullover exercises which you can add to your chest workout for some variety and detail work.)

Bottom line: do both. I typically do presses first and flyes toward the end of my workout.
    Can be a good pre-exhasuting method though Dominik to start with maybe 3 sets of flyes, worked wonders for my chest shape, still do them last aswell yeah if required.

F W Nietszche will become famous soon enough. (+50) F W Nietszche will become famous soon enough. (+50) F W Nietszche will become famous soon enough. (+50) F W Nietszche will become famous soon enough. (+50) F W Nietszche will become famous soon enough. (+50) F W Nietszche will become famous soon enough. (+50) F W Nietszche will become famous soon enough. (+50) F W Nietszche will become famous soon enough. (+50) F W Nietszche will become famous soon enough. (+50) F W Nietszche will become famous soon enough. (+50) F W Nietszche will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by _Dominik_

Heavier pullovers are more of a compound exercise, depending on how you execute them, they will directly target the pectorals and/or upper back, your triceps will most probably act as a stabilizer as will your abs. This is the freeweight motion mind you.

Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by F W Nietszche
    Heavier pullovers are more of a compound exercise, depending on how you execute them, they will directly target the pectorals and/or upper back, your triceps will most probably act as a stabilizer as will your abs. This is the freeweight motion mind you.
    I try to get them into every 2nd workout and I think they're an effective exercise but they're in a category all of their own like you explained which is why I singled them out, along with crossovers.

Originally Posted by AnimalPower
    Can be a good pre-exhasuting method though Dominik to start with maybe 3 sets of flyes, worked wonders for my chest shape, still do them last aswell yeah if required.
    Interesting approach and it makes sense. I might try that next chest workout. It's just hard to resist that temptation to go heavy right off the bat with presses

Supersetting flyes with presses would also be worth trying. There are quite a few superset combinations worth trying on chest day and you've got me thinking.

$AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    hat eflyes, havn't done them in years. but if you insist on doing them, pressing 1st, finish with flyes.
    <->