Thread: Weak on squats

MuscleGainer is on a distinguished road. (+10) MuscleGainer is on a distinguished road. (+10) MuscleGainer is on a distinguished road. (+10) MuscleGainer is on a distinguished road. (+10) MuscleGainer is on a distinguished road. (+10) MuscleGainer is on a distinguished road. (+10) MuscleGainer is on a distinguished road. (+10) MuscleGainer is on a distinguished road. (+10) MuscleGainer is on a distinguished road. (+10) MuscleGainer is on a distinguished road. (+10) MuscleGainer is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Weak on squats

I can bench 175 lbs for 7 reps but only squat 145 lbs (with a Manta Ray) for 12 reps easily on the first heavy set but very hard on the 3rd set. I got back to squatting about 3 weeks ago and only squat once a week and I'm a beginner to squats. I've been thinking of including squats in every workout 3 times a week. Since I'm still fairly new to squatting is it okay for me to squat 3 times a week instead of once every 7 days?

J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Try it and see....

I was doing a 20 rep squat session 3 times a week....I increased the weight by 5 pounds every session.

It was the foundation of my leg work which also included 1-arm db snatches and calf work.

I liked it.

Flick will become famous soon enough. (+50) Flick will become famous soon enough. (+50) Flick will become famous soon enough. (+50) Flick will become famous soon enough. (+50) Flick will become famous soon enough. (+50) Flick will become famous soon enough. (+50) Flick will become famous soon enough. (+50) Flick will become famous soon enough. (+50) Flick will become famous soon enough. (+50) Flick will become famous soon enough. (+50) Flick will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by MuscleGainer
    I can bench 175 lbs for 7 reps but only squat 145 lbs (with a Manta Ray) for 12 reps easily on the first heavy set but very hard on the 3rd set. I got back to squatting about 3 weeks ago and only squat once a week and I'm a beginner to squats. I've been thinking of including squats in every workout 3 times a week. Since I'm still fairly new to squatting is it okay for me to squat 3 times a week instead of once every 7 days?
    I wouldn't do squats 3 times a week because you wouldn't be allowing your muscles to fully recuperate. Once a week is fine if you're working your muscles right. Personally the best rep range I ever found for sheer strength gains on my lifts was the 4-6 rep range. My leg workout looked like this and I was adding 5lbs to my squat every week, adding up to me putting on a total of 35lbs in about 6 weeks on my squat.

Warm-up on squats (12 x 50%, 10 x 50%, 6 x 70%, 3 x 80%, 1 x 90%)
    Squats 3 x 4-6
    Leg Press 1 x 4-6
    SLDL 2 x 4-6
    Leg Curls 1 x 4-6 (or add another set to SLDL and remove this exercise)
    Seated Calve Raises 2 x 6-8
    Standing Machine Calve Raises 1 x 6-8

Hope that helped a little.
    Kicking gravity's ass.