Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    theend2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) theend2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) theend2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) theend2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) theend2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) theend2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) theend2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) theend2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) theend2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) theend2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) theend2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Jay Cutler does this and hes huge. I dont know if its the Cell-Tech or not.

Just make sure to get at least 6-8 hours rest in between workouts. Dont miss meals and you should be fine.
    475/330/545 @ 242

IGF has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) IGF has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) IGF has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) IGF has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) IGF has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) IGF has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) IGF has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) IGF has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) IGF has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) IGF has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) IGF has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by theend2
    Jay Cutler does this and hes huge. I dont know if its the Cell-Tech or not.

Just make sure to get at least 6-8 hours rest in between workouts. Dont miss meals and you should be fine.
    Its the cell-tech

BIG Li has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Read the August issue of Muscle & Fitness magazine. it has stuff backed by science about this topic.

Runnin12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Runnin12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Runnin12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Runnin12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Runnin12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Runnin12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Runnin12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Runnin12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Runnin12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Runnin12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Runnin12 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    It would be overtraining. I wouldnt be able to handle it unless I was on steroids. I think it would diminish gains if anything. I think working out twice a day can be beneficial if your 2nd workout would be at home with just some free wieght exercises. It would be tiring and time consuming 2.

supersam69 will become famous soon enough. (+50) supersam69 will become famous soon enough. (+50) supersam69 will become famous soon enough. (+50) supersam69 will become famous soon enough. (+50) supersam69 will become famous soon enough. (+50) supersam69 will become famous soon enough. (+50) supersam69 will become famous soon enough. (+50) supersam69 will become famous soon enough. (+50) supersam69 will become famous soon enough. (+50) supersam69 will become famous soon enough. (+50) supersam69 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Jneves
    all things being the same (total volume and intensity) 2 workouts a day is better then one.

My reasoning... scientific studies have proved it, this is the way olympic lifters train, many other reasons....

read this: http://www.ruggedmag.com/index.php?t...icle&i=16&a=10
    this is serious overtraining even training every day is over training
    i currently train 2-3 times a week using HIT and results are fantastic
    since when have u gone to the gym and ur lifts have been up every workout if not then its a waste of time going u are not growing

you say this is how olympic lifters train
    - they are top elite athletes with the best drugs and best diets who do nothin but train and rest

think about it
    The Chosen 1

http://www.fitday.com/WebFit/PublicJournals.html?Owner=supersam69

Abu Misho is on a distinguished road. (+10) Abu Misho is on a distinguished road. (+10) Abu Misho is on a distinguished road. (+10) Abu Misho is on a distinguished road. (+10) Abu Misho is on a distinguished road. (+10) Abu Misho is on a distinguished road. (+10) Abu Misho is on a distinguished road. (+10) Abu Misho is on a distinguished road. (+10) Abu Misho is on a distinguished road. (+10) Abu Misho is on a distinguished road. (+10) Abu Misho is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by JTR
    I heard about this, I considered trying it but i want to get more info about it. What i know so far is you work out once in morning (9:00) and again in the afternoon (6:00). If anyone has any thoughts or ideas, please post.
    training twice a day won't give you better results,at the contrary,it might give you LESS results cause you are not giving your body enough time to recover,and even training Once a day 7 days a week isn't that good idea.always remember to listen to your body cause the only people who are able to train twice daily without recovery problems and get even better results are those who are taking strong steroids.

X-Factor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) X-Factor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) X-Factor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

from the looks of things

Glancing at this thread most people are thinking about this principle as doing your normal workout twice a day. That is not how it's meant to be implimented. Your suppose to do half of your normal workout in 2 parts. The reason being is because your hormone levels are raised twice, and you will be able to use more intensity per set. Very few guys can train like pro's, so think about this principle in how it would be useful for your level of training.

llamabob will become famous soon enough. (+50) llamabob will become famous soon enough. (+50) llamabob will become famous soon enough. (+50) llamabob will become famous soon enough. (+50) llamabob will become famous soon enough. (+50) llamabob will become famous soon enough. (+50) llamabob will become famous soon enough. (+50) llamabob will become famous soon enough. (+50) llamabob will become famous soon enough. (+50) llamabob will become famous soon enough. (+50) llamabob will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    People under estimate the body and think everything is overtraining. The whole point of breaking the workout up into two parts is to work the parts thoroughly, such as quads am, hams pm, without the exhaustion.

Breaking it in half lessens the load and pressure on the body. Let's take a basic leg routine for example.

A.M. Quads

Squats
    Leg Press
    Calves

Squats are tough stuff but your average 4-5 sets isn't going to send your body into destructo mode and throw off your hormonal balance all day. It's half a workout. Leg press and calves aren't nearly as strenuous. Use proper post-wo nutrition after.

PM. Hams

Maybe some SLDL
    Leg curls

SLDL can be rough but not as much as squats, small workout, nothing big. Use post-wo nutrition.

Now, using two a days with more volume than 4 sets of each with more exercise is risky, but the whole point of 2 a days is not to add more exercises, it's to space out tough workouts like legs, where after doing squats, some may not be able to fully hit hams because of lowerback or quad exhuastion. I really don't know why people think the body destroys all muscle after 60min of hard work, and it is then necessary to sit on the couch the rest of the day.
    Kill one man and you are a murderer. Kill a million and you are a conquerer. Kill them all and you are God

If you train hard, you'll not only be hard, you'll be hard to beat.

wagboy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wagboy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wagboy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wagboy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wagboy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wagboy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wagboy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wagboy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wagboy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    when would you grow? i personally workout twice a week for about 30-40 min and every week I always improve either on weight or reps.
    weight: 178 lbs
    bodyfat: 11%

bench: 255 (working sets)
    squat: 335 (working sets)
    deadlift: 420 (working sets)

one reps maxes

all un-suited, raw

bench 365x1
    squat 375x1 (this i need to re do)
    deadlift 447.5x1 (going for 487 soon.)
    [URL=http://www.zippyvideos.com/9946938235710586/447.5/*wagboy]447.5.mpg[/URL]

Camel Baron is just really nice. (+1000) Camel Baron is just really nice. (+1000) Camel Baron is just really nice. (+1000) Camel Baron is just really nice. (+1000) Camel Baron is just really nice. (+1000) Camel Baron is just really nice. (+1000) Camel Baron is just really nice. (+1000) Camel Baron is just really nice. (+1000) Camel Baron is just really nice. (+1000) Camel Baron is just really nice. (+1000) Camel Baron is just really nice. (+1000)
    Hey guys I decided to train twice a day about a week and abit ago - this was due to my school holidays starting I only get two weeks though but I wanted to change this up for my muscles.

What I did was made sure to separate the training session with an at least 6 - 7 hour buffer between each session. Worked fine for me only things I can suggest is to be careful you don't over train when doing this! 30 to 40mins per session are all you should do. I've noticed strength gains since I began doing this, I'm chopping up a new routine to replace my old when which I use to do normally after school. Anyway... This was great with shocking the muscles and 'confusing' them with different things different days.

Abu Misho is on a distinguished road. (+10) Abu Misho is on a distinguished road. (+10) Abu Misho is on a distinguished road. (+10) Abu Misho is on a distinguished road. (+10) Abu Misho is on a distinguished road. (+10) Abu Misho is on a distinguished road. (+10) Abu Misho is on a distinguished road. (+10) Abu Misho is on a distinguished road. (+10) Abu Misho is on a distinguished road. (+10) Abu Misho is on a distinguished road. (+10) Abu Misho is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by X-Factor
    Glancing at this thread most people are thinking about this principle as doing your normal workout twice a day. That is not how it's meant to be implimented. Your suppose to do half of your normal workout in 2 parts. The reason being is because your hormone levels are raised twice, and you will be able to use more intensity per set. Very few guys can train like pro's, so think about this principle in how it would be useful for your level of training.
    if training "twice" a day is in that way,then i think that it isn't a bad idea.but many people mean by "training twice a day" to train two parts of you body one in a time,and one in another time in the same day.and doing this with legs and back for example isn't a good idea and won't give you better results.

BigWard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigWard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigWard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigWard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigWard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigWard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigWard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigWard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigWard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigWard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigWard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I might have passed it, but it all boils down to CNS (if you don't know this abv., go back to the beginners section, pass GO and try again) recovery.

Grouping a large bodypart with a small bodypart in the same day for two workouts allows for greater conentration, volume and intensity. Taking a complete day off after a double workout session day allows the body to recover AND the CNS to regenarate. Training 6-7 days a week takes a toll on the immune system and CNS, therefore making the last training days of the week very counterproductive.

If you have the time, I would highly suggest doing a workout split that involves two-a-day sessions. The main focus on these days are proper PWO nutrition and ideally sleep and rest between sessions.

Something to consider.
    "You're going to get criticized no matter what you do, especially if you're trying to achieve something and rise above the flock. Do it anyway. Negative criticism from others is often a sign that you're on your way up in the world."

NYCmitch25 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NYCmitch25 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NYCmitch25 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NYCmitch25 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NYCmitch25 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NYCmitch25 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NYCmitch25 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NYCmitch25 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NYCmitch25 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NYCmitch25 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NYCmitch25 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Its fine. Athletes do it all the time. Why dont you TRY it if you dont like it then dont do it anymore.

I would suggest at least 4hours apart and split up upper and lower body.

Overanaylzing ....

BBALLA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Heres what im thinking.

working out 5 days a week then wed and fri 2 workouts, off sat and sunday.

wed/fri
    work out 9 am
    class
    work out 7pm

also thinking after being tired from my first workout taking superpump before my second workout with sizeon think that would be more than enough to give me that extra boost to get two great workouts in... idk still not sure if it would be better taking them for the first workout.. hmm not sure
    what do you guys think?

LC88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'll let you guys know how it works out for me. I'm going to do 1 muscle group in the am and cardio in the pm. I'm just really eager to lose the weight I gained this year and I think pushing myself to be that tired every day will prevent me from wanting to go out much, I think 2 months of this and I'll be able to make a more normalized approach. I don't think anyone can go twice a day forever, it is a huge strain on your body, but for a jumping off point I think it can help.
    I know it's a little different considering they are morbidly obese and do nothing all day since they live on the ranch, but in Biggest Loser they workout 4 hours a day, and yes they have excess fat to target, but to burn away the excess it can be effective. People said in the thread just eat a **** load, but you still have to diet smart, and extra hour or so of exercise isn't reason to start over-eating, then the workout seems useless.

Stevehowe10 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Stevehowe10 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by JTR View Post
    I heard about this, I considered trying it but i want to get more info about it. What i know so far is you work out once in morning (9:00) and again in the afternoon (6:00). If anyone has any thoughts or ideas, please post.
    I do bi/delt/abs in the morning back/chest/tri at night 3-4 times a week.. Whatever works for you.. Depending on how old you are you'll feel just fine after a good meal and some protein to hit the weights a second time.. You know if you're body is capable of it, and if you benefit from it. You know you're body better than anyone else, give it a try.

Bruno93 is just really nice. (+1000) Bruno93 is just really nice. (+1000) Bruno93 is just really nice. (+1000) Bruno93 is just really nice. (+1000) Bruno93 is just really nice. (+1000) Bruno93 is just really nice. (+1000) Bruno93 is just really nice. (+1000) Bruno93 is just really nice. (+1000) Bruno93 is just really nice. (+1000) Bruno93 is just really nice. (+1000) Bruno93 is just really nice. (+1000)
    I want to try it sometime but doubt it's viable to do for long periods of time (+1 month) without juicing or something.
    https://www.instagram.com/brunobastos_93/
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCshN_nywHWNFH836xZ7VjtQ?view_as=subscriber

loves being 155 lbs skinnysteve's Avatar
    skinnysteve will become famous soon enough. (+50) skinnysteve will become famous soon enough. (+50) skinnysteve will become famous soon enough. (+50) skinnysteve will become famous soon enough. (+50) skinnysteve will become famous soon enough. (+50) skinnysteve will become famous soon enough. (+50) skinnysteve will become famous soon enough. (+50) skinnysteve will become famous soon enough. (+50) skinnysteve will become famous soon enough. (+50) skinnysteve will become famous soon enough. (+50) skinnysteve will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    if you eat over 3000 calories in that day you should be fine... try hit 4k cals? but dont do it for too long post results up in here cheers OP
    http://hbfrunfundraising.com.au/stephen_bray

RAISING MONEY FOR WEST AUSTRALIAN CANCER COUNCIL PLEASE HELP OUT DONATE 50cents and i will rep you

Sn33k has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sn33k has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sn33k has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sn33k has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sn33k has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sn33k has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sn33k has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sn33k has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sn33k has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sn33k has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sn33k has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    why the fuk has this 5/6 year old thread been bumped twice??
    *Frvrmuscle RIP*

1015andUP has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 1015andUP has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 1015andUP has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 1015andUP has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 1015andUP has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 1015andUP has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 1015andUP has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 1015andUP has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 1015andUP has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 1015andUP has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 1015andUP has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Google john broz

sprogger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Smile Training Twice a day

I am planning to train twice a day Monday-Friday with complete rest on weekends. The plan is:

Monday 0630 upper body weights 1730 cardio
    Tuesday 0630 cardio 1730 cardio
    Wednesday 0630 lower body 1730 cardio
    Thursday 0630 cardio 1730 cardio / spinning
    Friday 0630 upper body weights 1730 cardio
    Sat / Sun nothing

Is this a good plan? Any suggestions would be welcome.

Registered User FixYourPhysique's Avatar
    FixYourPhysique has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

My Split

k so i work out at school every day mon - fri and i also work out on a 3 day split at my gym this is what i do
    Sunday - Evening - Chest Triceps Shoulders /with intensity
    Monday - AM - Morning Chest, Triceps / light weight low sets
    Tuseday - AM -legs / light weight low sets
    Wed - AM - Back & Biceps / light weight low sets PM Legs / with Intensity
    Thursday - AM - Legs /light weight low sets
    Friday - AM - Chest Triceps Shoulders / Light weight low sets - PM - Back & Biceps / With intensity

Is this split going to be effective
    16 years old
    5 ' 11"

Ill be doing this split for the remaining of the school year so i guess untill the start of june, after that i wont be working out every day ill just be working out mon wed and fri on my three day split my question is is this going to hurt me physically i wont hurt my body will i because im lifting really light weight at school.

when i signed up for the class i didnt know that i was going to get a gym membership but i got a year membership at the gym and i want to get the most out of it so is this fine.

wfeist1994 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Not necessary

If u can get all ur lifts in a single workout that'd be best! No need to overtrain!!

patrickzito has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

2 times a day

Hi, just wanted to say that I'm going to start my twice a day training today. Ive been gaining a small amount of belly fat and got some extra time so, I'm thinking a few times a week ill go in for my second workout and do some cardio or a small muscle group. I got the energy so I'm going to try it. I don't believe it will be a waste of time. I love the gym.

Meadey is just really nice. (+1000) Meadey is just really nice. (+1000) Meadey is just really nice. (+1000) Meadey is just really nice. (+1000) Meadey is just really nice. (+1000) Meadey is just really nice. (+1000) Meadey is just really nice. (+1000) Meadey is just really nice. (+1000) Meadey is just really nice. (+1000) Meadey is just really nice. (+1000) Meadey is just really nice. (+1000)
    gotta be a record for the most amount of necros in 1 thread right hurr

dalex025 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs up great idea

Its all about stretches. Anytime you run or bicyle after do stretches, anytime you lift make sure you stretch thos muscles. My personal trainer told me that!

Ive been doing two a day workouts since january andhave lost 98 lbs.
    In the morning i bicycle for an hour, run for 30 min and lift for 30 min. The trick is to bike for 30 min stretch, run 1-2 miles for 15 min stretch, lift lower body 15 min stretch, stretch legs then bike for 30 min stretch, run for 15 min stretch, stretch upper body and then loft then stretch.

Always make sure your second workout is 9 hours after the first, drink water constantly throughout the day. Eat about 1200 calories wise preferably meat or wraps or fruit.

Second workout the same except bicycle for 30 min total and lift 30 min each. Make sure you stretch and drink plenty of water.

My PT said when you do not stretch your muscles they can lock up. And water meat and fruit amd veg provide all natural ingredients for energy and nutrients.

brahskimoseph is a name known to all. (+5000) brahskimoseph is a name known to all. (+5000) brahskimoseph is a name known to all. (+5000) brahskimoseph is a name known to all. (+5000) brahskimoseph is a name known to all. (+5000) brahskimoseph is a name known to all. (+5000) brahskimoseph is a name known to all. (+5000) brahskimoseph is a name known to all. (+5000) brahskimoseph is a name known to all. (+5000) brahskimoseph is a name known to all. (+5000) brahskimoseph is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by BluSilver View Post
    Those are stupid. Hormonal levels are far from your favor during the 2nd workout. Even if volume is low, this will result in overtraining. Why spend more time in the gym when you don't have to?
    lol.
    6'0 249 @ 18 years old in AVI
    Goals @ 225 or Less
    365 Incline BP, 500 Paused Squat, 400lb C&J,300Lb Snatch

flabs2abs1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) flabs2abs1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) flabs2abs1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) flabs2abs1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) flabs2abs1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) flabs2abs1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) flabs2abs1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) flabs2abs1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) flabs2abs1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) flabs2abs1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) flabs2abs1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Most year+ bumps in a thread ever...
    ig: https://www.instagram.com/sgm.style/

EnjoiChris will become famous soon enough. (+50) EnjoiChris will become famous soon enough. (+50) EnjoiChris will become famous soon enough. (+50) EnjoiChris will become famous soon enough. (+50) EnjoiChris will become famous soon enough. (+50) EnjoiChris will become famous soon enough. (+50) EnjoiChris will become famous soon enough. (+50) EnjoiChris will become famous soon enough. (+50) EnjoiChris will become famous soon enough. (+50) EnjoiChris will become famous soon enough. (+50) EnjoiChris will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Work at my gym so I train twice a day usually:

AM Olympic lift e.g snatch or clean variation

PM compound and other specific workout/WOD (k I crossfit)

mastermesh has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mastermesh has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mastermesh has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mastermesh has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

2 a day is no problem... but...

2 a day is no problem, but as mentioned in one of the other replies, don't focus on weights or the same muscle group. I work out at home right now (may start using a gym that just moved in next door to our apartment in a few months)... doing workout videos... doing this sort of light cardio stuff or HIIT is perfect for 2 a days, assuming you aren't sore when you go to it the second go round. Right now I'm just focusing on pure weight loss so morning before work is Jillian's 30 day shred. After work is Leslie Sansone walking tape with 5 lb weights on each arm, not putting the weight down when she does in the tape... In December I'll switch to something like Power 90 at night and Tae bo in morning or something... Morning workouts are great since they get you awake and moving with clarity of thought before work... Workouts after work are great because they get you energized so you can enjoy the rest of the evening. Think those walking tapes are too easy? Try like I did a few days back and do em with a fully loaded weighted vest and 5-10 lb dumbells on each arm - and go for the 3 mile or 5 mile.