Thread: push ups (help)

NATHANY2KUK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

push ups (help)

since push ups test ur endurance more than ur strength is it ok to do them after a morning run without eating anything

Y2J is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Y2J is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Y2J is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Y2J is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Y2J is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Y2J is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Y2J is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Y2J is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Y2J is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Y2J is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Y2J is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Whatever floats your boat.
    Poofy Nesbit is my bitch

Lift2Live has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lift2Live has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lift2Live has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lift2Live has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lift2Live has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lift2Live has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Talking

Whatever tickles ur pickle!
    BULKING SEASON BABY!!!

user1796044 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) user1796044 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) user1796044 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) user1796044 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) user1796044 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Whethor it tests your strength or endurance depends entirely on how strong you are. If you have trouble doing pushups then it's probably working your strength more... lol

demonvomits has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Talking

i completely agree, doing push ups is virtualy the same as the bench. say you can do 170 at bench and ur body weighs 150 you will be training more endurance as you can lift more than ur body weight. where as if u can lift 170 bench but weigh 200 then u will be training your strength more.

Train smarter not harder amusclehead's Avatar
    amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    for strength/size gains, no, don't do them.

I get the feeling you're asking this because you're looking for a quick way out of a workout. You can't. You have to work out with weights with hardcore intensity to make size and strength gains.

btw, push ups are NOT the same as a bench. They're similar, but no way are they the same.
    Booo

demonvomits has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    yea i know about the push ups arnt the same as bench. soz about that. but it is easier to explain if i explain them if they are
    if u get me????!!!??
    Legs are the easiest bodypart to train and also yield the best results. AND they put on the most weight.All Hail Legs

Train smarter not harder amusclehead's Avatar
    amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    no, not really, i don't get ya

You could have just simplified like i did saying pushups will give you sh!t in terms of strength and size gains. It's actually workign out that gives you progress

I almost get the feeling he's trying to find a quick way to avoid working out. I know when I started I did that. I was like 'hmmm, if I do pushups then I don't have to train my chest, and doing pushups are easier than benching and flies and incline presses'. Big mistake. Just train hardcore in the gym and you wojn't have to ask questions like this
    Booo

iron_curtis is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iron_curtis is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iron_curtis is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iron_curtis is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iron_curtis is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iron_curtis is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iron_curtis is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iron_curtis is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iron_curtis is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iron_curtis is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iron_curtis is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    doing pushups after a morning run on an empty stomach, just means u will hav less energy to do em, and u wont be able to work yor pecs as intensly as u would if u did em fresh, and a couple hours after a meal.
    ((((()-----------((((()

http://www.********.com/skinnyaaroncurtis

Calorie Surplus + Progressive Overload x Years Training = Continuous Gains. UMAD GH15?

"My BeNcH pReSs BrInGs All ThE GirLs To ThE yArD, n ThEy'Re LiKe, YoUr PeCs ArE LaRgE, dAmN rIgHt My PeCs ArE LaRgE, u CaN tOuCh ThEm, bUt IlL hAvE tO cHaRgE."

8=====D~o ~o ~o (oYo) TheNextBigThing's Avatar
    TheNextBigThing is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheNextBigThing is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheNextBigThing is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheNextBigThing is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheNextBigThing is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheNextBigThing is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheNextBigThing is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheNextBigThing is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheNextBigThing is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheNextBigThing is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheNextBigThing is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    pushups suck! weights rule!

Road_kill has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally posted by demonvomits
    i completely agree, doing push ups is virtualy the same as the bench. say you can do 170 at bench and ur body weighs 150 you will be training more endurance as you can lift more than ur body weight. where as if u can lift 170 bench but weigh 200 then u will be training your strength more.
    that won't work
    i bench 30 pounds of dumbell in each hand (total of 60)
    and i weight 160 pounds
    but i can do like 20-25 pushups
    Jack off while u still got time

Registered User SuperSaiyonGoku's Avatar
    Location: london, u know.. fish chips, cup O tea, bad food, worse weather, mary fukkin poppins LONDON!
    SuperSaiyonGoku will become famous soon enough. (+50) SuperSaiyonGoku will become famous soon enough. (+50) SuperSaiyonGoku will become famous soon enough. (+50) SuperSaiyonGoku will become famous soon enough. (+50) SuperSaiyonGoku will become famous soon enough. (+50) SuperSaiyonGoku will become famous soon enough. (+50) SuperSaiyonGoku will become famous soon enough. (+50) SuperSaiyonGoku will become famous soon enough. (+50) SuperSaiyonGoku will become famous soon enough. (+50) SuperSaiyonGoku will become famous soon enough. (+50) SuperSaiyonGoku will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    push ups suck ...

dumbell bench press all the way!!!!
    "Once again you've taken for granted the powers of a true saiyan!" - Vegeta

Chris_25 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Chris_25 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Chris_25 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Chris_25 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Chris_25 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Chris_25 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Chris_25 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Chris_25 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Chris_25 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Chris_25 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Chris_25 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I used to be able to do 80 push ups but then I started lifting weights and boom there went the muscle growth. I still think push ups are a good exercise but if you want maximum muscle growth and size stick with the weights. They are more of an endurance exercise.

CarlCookie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Unhappy bump

What if you only do Total Gym presses AND pushups?? I dont have a bench to do standard bench presses and even if I did, I dont have a spotter.

CarlCookie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    bump

sharingan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) sharingan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) sharingan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) sharingan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) sharingan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) sharingan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) sharingan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) sharingan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) sharingan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) sharingan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) sharingan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    they work well if you are starting out