Back from the Moab Desert TheRiverStyx's Avatar
    TheRiverStyx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheRiverStyx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheRiverStyx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheRiverStyx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheRiverStyx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheRiverStyx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheRiverStyx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheRiverStyx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheRiverStyx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheRiverStyx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheRiverStyx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Just cannot stomach a big breakfast

Here's the deal, I wake up and immediately drink my NOXplode, wait 25 mins then workout. I absolutely cannot stomach a protein shake first thing in the morning, so I am working out on just the NOX. After working out, I make a shake (syntha 6 and cup of milk) and eat some toast to hold me over 2.5 hours til lunch. I eat big the rest of the day, just can't stomach it in the morning anymore. Anyone else out there in the same boat?

sarahchickfsu will become famous soon enough. (+50) sarahchickfsu will become famous soon enough. (+50) sarahchickfsu will become famous soon enough. (+50) sarahchickfsu will become famous soon enough. (+50) sarahchickfsu will become famous soon enough. (+50) sarahchickfsu will become famous soon enough. (+50) sarahchickfsu will become famous soon enough. (+50) sarahchickfsu will become famous soon enough. (+50) sarahchickfsu will become famous soon enough. (+50) sarahchickfsu will become famous soon enough. (+50) sarahchickfsu will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I eat a smaller breakfast than most people recommend. I just can't stomach much in the morning either although I do wake up hungry. I Have a small breakfast but then I have a snack 2 hours later. If its working for you than that is all the matters.

BOLT. will become famous soon enough. (+50) BOLT. will become famous soon enough. (+50) BOLT. will become famous soon enough. (+50) BOLT. will become famous soon enough. (+50) BOLT. will become famous soon enough. (+50) BOLT. will become famous soon enough. (+50) BOLT. will become famous soon enough. (+50) BOLT. will become famous soon enough. (+50) BOLT. will become famous soon enough. (+50) BOLT. will become famous soon enough. (+50) BOLT. will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I have the same problem the morning is the worst time to try to digest food.

justanothagirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justanothagirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justanothagirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justanothagirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justanothagirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justanothagirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justanothagirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justanothagirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justanothagirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justanothagirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justanothagirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    hmmm..maybe you could try to take in BCAA's instead of whey? that will help against catabolization. and in my opinion it feels a lot less heavy in my stomach than whey, its like drinking flavored water.

Back from the Moab Desert TheRiverStyx's Avatar
    TheRiverStyx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheRiverStyx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheRiverStyx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheRiverStyx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheRiverStyx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheRiverStyx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheRiverStyx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheRiverStyx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheRiverStyx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheRiverStyx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheRiverStyx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by sarahchickfsu View Post
    I eat a smaller breakfast than most people recommend. I just can't stomach much in the morning either although I do wake up hungry. I Have a small breakfast but then I have a snack 2 hours later. If its working for you than that is all the matters.
    Thank you even tho your 'Noles cost me $50 last night =P haha

JFong87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I know what you mean. It doesnt really solve the problem but I started taking 2 amino pills first thing in the morning along with whatever i can stomach at the time. It helps to enrich the food and gives your body a little more complete proteins to work with.
    Dedication.

The Solution has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by TheRiverStyx View Post
    Here's the deal, I wake up and immediately drink my NOXplode, wait 25 mins then workout. I absolutely cannot stomach a protein shake first thing in the morning, so I am working out on just the NOX. After working out, I make a shake (syntha 6 and cup of milk) and eat some toast to hold me over 2.5 hours til lunch. I eat big the rest of the day, just can't stomach it in the morning anymore. Anyone else out there in the same boat?
    maybe your body just isnt use to having breakfast yet.. maybe keep trying small breakfasts until u can build up a tolernece.. i had to do the same

my friend convinced me into eating breakfast.. now i wake up hungry every morning..

took me a good month or so

health4life will become famous soon enough. (+50) health4life will become famous soon enough. (+50) health4life will become famous soon enough. (+50) health4life will become famous soon enough. (+50) health4life will become famous soon enough. (+50) health4life will become famous soon enough. (+50) health4life will become famous soon enough. (+50) health4life will become famous soon enough. (+50) health4life will become famous soon enough. (+50) health4life will become famous soon enough. (+50) health4life will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by LayzieBone085 View Post
    maybe your body just isnt use to having breakfast yet.. maybe keep trying small breakfasts until u can build up a tolernece.. i had to do the same

my friend convinced me into eating breakfast.. now i wake up hungry every morning..

took me a good month or so
    Layzie - same here bro. I could never take down breakfast - and if it's too early I still can't!

But when 7:00-7:30 hits - breakfast is probably my largest meal of the day - and the best! Eggs, Coffe, PB, Toast - I'll take any leftover and make it breakfast.

Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I'd make sure to just eat something...anything. If it's a small pack of jelly beans or something, even.

Eventually you'll get used to it.

justanothagirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justanothagirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justanothagirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justanothagirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justanothagirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justanothagirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justanothagirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justanothagirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justanothagirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justanothagirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justanothagirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    i recommend Xtend for the BCAA's btw, cos thats the only one ive tried and i like it.

EctoBlonde has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Sometimes I feel full when I wake up. Maybe try varying what you are eating and not eating one large quantity of food. I eat something like this:
    2 oz turkey sausage
    1 slice ww bread /w natty pb
    1/2 cup oats
    1 cup milk
    1 banana

Thats really not a lot, but its calorically dense and healthy (I forget the exact macros, but lots of carbs in the morning, about 750 calories, some protein from sausage and pb).

Multiple small breakfast items might help.

Jules Verne is just really nice. (+1000) Jules Verne is just really nice. (+1000) Jules Verne is just really nice. (+1000) Jules Verne is just really nice. (+1000) Jules Verne is just really nice. (+1000) Jules Verne is just really nice. (+1000) Jules Verne is just really nice. (+1000) Jules Verne is just really nice. (+1000) Jules Verne is just really nice. (+1000) Jules Verne is just really nice. (+1000) Jules Verne is just really nice. (+1000)
    I eat ~ 1/2 cup of yogurt or CC (usually with Davinci syrup + some berries) and some light cereal pre early morning workout. I certainly can't do oats.

I assume by 'workout' you mean lifting, not cardio.

As posted above you should try to get something, even if it is just 100-200kcal of protein and carbs. Try a few different things.

cmdurham is on a distinguished road. (+10) cmdurham is on a distinguished road. (+10) cmdurham is on a distinguished road. (+10) cmdurham is on a distinguished road. (+10) cmdurham is on a distinguished road. (+10) cmdurham is on a distinguished road. (+10) cmdurham is on a distinguished road. (+10) cmdurham is on a distinguished road. (+10) cmdurham is on a distinguished road. (+10) cmdurham is on a distinguished road. (+10) cmdurham is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    When I was using NOX, it made it harder for me to have breakfast. I felt Pukey when I got to the gym. I found the secret was to take the NOX, wait 20-30 minutes, and then take a small protein/carb shake at about 200-250 calories, then head out for the gym.

Depending on how many scoops of NOX that was 230-290 calories I believe.

After stopping the NOX and going generic with my supps, My morning pre-workout shake is 270 cals.

I'd try to get at least 200 cals before a workout just to fuel you and have a supply of protein.

If you still can't do that for some reason, just make sure you get a good dose of Casein and/or Cottage Cheese before bed so stay anabolic through your sleep.
    Metal in my hands, Metal in my ears

djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by TheRiverStyx View Post
    I read an article on this and the writer who was a trainer stressed that getting a solid meal or two made a huge difference than empty stomach. so if your schedual allows maybe train after lunch or dinner. but if you cant he suggested sipping aminos during the workout.
    “You never won’t know what you can’t achieve until you don’t achieve it.”

The Solution has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by djansen View Post
    I read an article on this and the writer who was a trainer stressed that getting a solid meal or two made a huge difference than empty stomach. so if your schedual allows maybe train after lunch or dinner. but if you cant he suggested sipping aminos during the workout.
    yeah i would suggest maybe some x-tend instead of the NO X-Plode you mighht get some better results..

but in all seriousness if you can eat a breakfast..

take a shake.. whey oats milk and fruit.. limit fats if you want since it will be pre-workout maybe a bit of PB for taste if you want

daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I never eat breakfast... I wake up, take my muli and fish oils, than I mix 1.5 scoops whey + 4 scoops Xtend and I sip it while going to the gym and while I train. I eat my breakfast after my workout and it works really fine for me.
    Government is for slaves
    Free men govern themselves

BJJ + Navy log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=164870361

ironraider52 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ironraider52 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ironraider52 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ironraider52 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ironraider52 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ironraider52 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ironraider52 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ironraider52 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ironraider52 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ironraider52 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i cant take in much 4 breakfast either, so i make a snack at breakfast time (7 am) then i make the 2nd meal the meal that has alotta protein and good carbs. its like my breakfast actually.

Blue Blazer is a name known to all. (+5000) Blue Blazer is a name known to all. (+5000) Blue Blazer is a name known to all. (+5000) Blue Blazer is a name known to all. (+5000) Blue Blazer is a name known to all. (+5000) Blue Blazer is a name known to all. (+5000) Blue Blazer is a name known to all. (+5000) Blue Blazer is a name known to all. (+5000) Blue Blazer is a name known to all. (+5000) Blue Blazer is a name known to all. (+5000) Blue Blazer is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by LayzieBone085 View Post
    yeah i would suggest maybe some x-tend instead of the NO X-Plode you mighht get some better results..

but in all seriousness if you can eat a breakfast..

take a shake.. whey oats milk and fruit.. limit fats if you want since it will be pre-workout maybe a bit of PB for taste if you want
    Yeah it's what I do...I really can't eat in the morning, I am a slow eater, I cannot stomach it and I am on the run..

Here's what I do:

Breakfest shake because I am on the run and just can't stomach it like I said:

1. 1 scoop of ON Whey
    2. 1 cup of oats
    3. 2 teaspoons of flax powder stuff (not sure what it is, but I like it due to amount of fiber in it)
    4. 2 tbs of pb
    5. 2 teaspoons of canola

This gives me around 48 grams of protein, approx 23 grams of fat and 90+ grams of carbs...

This probobly isn't the perfect shake, but so far it has been doing me pretty good...when I get my blender attachment for my amgic bullet base I will probobly do 1 scoop of whey and half a scoop of my casein...which would give me an extra 15 grams of protein (roughly 62 grams in total)

So this is a good morning shake for anyone on the run IMO of course...it could probobly use some changes..(for any suggs, comments feel free to post)

JM

Jules Verne is just really nice. (+1000) Jules Verne is just really nice. (+1000) Jules Verne is just really nice. (+1000) Jules Verne is just really nice. (+1000) Jules Verne is just really nice. (+1000) Jules Verne is just really nice. (+1000) Jules Verne is just really nice. (+1000) Jules Verne is just really nice. (+1000) Jules Verne is just really nice. (+1000) Jules Verne is just really nice. (+1000) Jules Verne is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by daYDreAmErX View Post
    I never eat breakfast... I wake up, take my muli and fish oils, than I mix 1.5 scoops whey + 4 scoops Xtend and I sip it while going to the gym and while I train. I eat my breakfast after my workout and it works really fine for me.
    I'd call that breakfast...well, maybe. But in any case you are getting something in before/during your workout. Seems fine to me, although a few carbs probably wouldn't hurt. do you eat carbs before bed? If not you might try that, I find it really helps with early morning workouts.

Smallbigsam is on a distinguished road. (+10) Smallbigsam is on a distinguished road. (+10) Smallbigsam is on a distinguished road. (+10) Smallbigsam is on a distinguished road. (+10) Smallbigsam is on a distinguished road. (+10) Smallbigsam is on a distinguished road. (+10) Smallbigsam is on a distinguished road. (+10) Smallbigsam is on a distinguished road. (+10) Smallbigsam is on a distinguished road. (+10) Smallbigsam is on a distinguished road. (+10) Smallbigsam is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Breakfast is my biggest meal of the day!

Man i couldnt live without it!

Always goes like this
    -3/4 cup of oat
    -a banana
    -an orange
    -10-14 egg white
    -2 tbsp of pb
    -ketchup
    -low cal syrup
    -coffee

1 year ago, i woudnt eat before lunch so i would wake up and spend at least 4 hour without eating a damn thing!

Your body will get use to it!

gdogg75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gdogg75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gdogg75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gdogg75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gdogg75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gdogg75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gdogg75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gdogg75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gdogg75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gdogg75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gdogg75 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    i haven't worked out in the morning in so long... i was wondering how relative your meal the night before in relation to this type of "scenario"?

i mean some mornings i wake up super hungry... and have a hard time eating a full breakfast... at most i can stomach 30grams of protein... then an hour later a shake
    "if a supplement falls in the forest and there is no one there to hear it will the squirrels gain any lean body mass?"
    Patrick Arnold