Billy18 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Billy18 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Billy18 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Billy18 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Billy18 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Billy18 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Billy18 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Billy18 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Billy18 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Billy18 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

''AB EXERCISES DO NOTHING!!'' ... comments?

my gym has a crunching machine for abs, you set the weight, put the rollercoaster type thing over you. and then you crunch

So i keep hearing that doing situps, and ab exercises isnt going to make abs show, which imho is bull**** because my bodyfat is EXESSIVELY low and my abs are not visible. So what is the point of these machines, if ''AB EXERCISES DO NOTHING !!''

user3212465 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) user3212465 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) user3212465 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) user3212465 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) user3212465 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) user3212465 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) user3212465 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) user3212465 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) user3212465 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) user3212465 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) user3212465 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Listen - in order for your abs to show you need to have abs to begin with...but lets say you have abs but have high bf% it won't show. You say you have low bf%...then it means you need to start doing weighted crunches in order for them to show. Whats your bf%, maybe a picture will help.

kronik85 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kronik85 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kronik85 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kronik85 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kronik85 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kronik85 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kronik85 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kronik85 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kronik85 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kronik85 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kronik85 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    yea, post a picture. it'll help. you have to have low body fat. everyone's got abs. their size and shape is what depends. do some weighted crunches to help build some mass/definition.

CutBulkLift has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CutBulkLift has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CutBulkLift has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    if you have a low bf% then you might not be doing enough reps

kronik85 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kronik85 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kronik85 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kronik85 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kronik85 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kronik85 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kronik85 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kronik85 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kronik85 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kronik85 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kronik85 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by CutBulkLift
    if you have a low bf% then you might not be doing enough reps
    quality over quantity.

TheUntouchable is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheUntouchable is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheUntouchable is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheUntouchable is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheUntouchable is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheUntouchable is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheUntouchable is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheUntouchable is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheUntouchable is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheUntouchable is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheUntouchable is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Billy18
    my gym has a crunching machine for abs, you set the weight, put the rollercoaster type thing over you. and then you crunch

So i keep hearing that doing situps, and ab exercises isnt going to make abs show, which imho is bull**** because my bodyfat is EXESSIVELY low and my abs are not visible. So what is the point of these machines, if ''AB EXERCISES DO NOTHING !!''
    lol its funny that so many people think that ab excercises give u abs..well sorry to inform u but they dont, they merely strengthen ur abs..to obtain the appearence of abs, u need to 1)have a very good diet, 2)do cardio, and 3)be born with that skinny look that i hate so much...this does not mean not to do ab excercises..no no no, ab excercises are a must because they strengthen ur abs and make them look harder and more appealing then those who just have " natural abs"..well i hope i helped.

Unspun_Hero has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    it's true man... when I first started the gym I had abs everyone could see. Now I've put a bit of weight on they're just about visible. They're bigger and stronger and they're formed much better, just covered up by a tiny layer of fat.
    I'm starting to do a lot more cardio (sorry when I say a lot - 1 hour is a lot for me! - cardio is sh!t), and my abs are startin to come out more.

Thing I find (sorry if this is overly obvious) is that even "skinny" people can have their abs covered with a bit of fat. It applies to me as everyone always says how skinny I am, yet I must have a bit of podge round the stomach

ah well...cardio night here I come
    Step Fru

m27 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    First of all, situps ARE almost useless. Crunches are the only thing that actually directly work your abdominal wall. Second, everybody has abs. If your body fat is truly as low as you claim, you WOULD be able to see them. You are either incorrect about your bf% or your abs would be visible.
    Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great.
    - Mark Twain

Spuddy is a name known to all. (+5000) Spuddy is a name known to all. (+5000) Spuddy is a name known to all. (+5000) Spuddy is a name known to all. (+5000) Spuddy is a name known to all. (+5000) Spuddy is a name known to all. (+5000) Spuddy is a name known to all. (+5000) Spuddy is a name known to all. (+5000) Spuddy is a name known to all. (+5000) Spuddy is a name known to all. (+5000) Spuddy is a name known to all. (+5000)
    wrong.

ab excercises DO make your abs show, if you have the right BF percentage.

i have never had abs all my life. even as i started lifting, they still didnt show. well, starting last month i started doing sets of crunches with a 40 pound dumbell on my chest, and the next day i had a 4 pack when flexed. a month later i now have a solid 4 pack unflexed, and a six pack when flexed.

if you guys want picture proof i can show you before and afters, but itll have to be a little later because im not at my comp right now.

-edit- FYI im about 11-12% bodyfat (im fairly certain)

Billy18 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Billy18 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Billy18 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Billy18 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Billy18 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Billy18 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Billy18 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Billy18 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Billy18 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Billy18 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    http://img141.exs.cx/img141/8845/billy1825my.jpg

What do you estimate my bodyfat? I really dont thinK I have ANY fat on me at all, but maybe im wrong.

Spuddy is a name known to all. (+5000) Spuddy is a name known to all. (+5000) Spuddy is a name known to all. (+5000) Spuddy is a name known to all. (+5000) Spuddy is a name known to all. (+5000) Spuddy is a name known to all. (+5000) Spuddy is a name known to all. (+5000) Spuddy is a name known to all. (+5000) Spuddy is a name known to all. (+5000) Spuddy is a name known to all. (+5000) Spuddy is a name known to all. (+5000)
    you could definitely pop some abs through there. thats what my stomach looked like when i started.

just hold onto some weights and work your stomach like you would any other muscle (ya know, 3 set, 8-12 reps, etc) and you will notice a huge diffrerence even the first day as your pumps make your 6 pack show

well i have been using the weighted crunch machine, I do about 40 lbs.

AustinG is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AustinG is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AustinG is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AustinG is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AustinG is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AustinG is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AustinG is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AustinG is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AustinG is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AustinG is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AustinG is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    for abs to even start to appear you need 14% bf or lower. for defining the line's you need to do weighted situps. there about numorus type's of ab work you can do.

No Excuses, Just Results mhschiefs97's Avatar
    mhschiefs97 is not very helpful. (-500) mhschiefs97 is not very helpful. (-500) mhschiefs97 is not very helpful. (-500) mhschiefs97 is not very helpful. (-500) mhschiefs97 is not very helpful. (-500) mhschiefs97 is not very helpful. (-500) mhschiefs97 is not very helpful. (-500) mhschiefs97 is not very helpful. (-500) mhschiefs97 is not very helpful. (-500) mhschiefs97 is not very helpful. (-500) mhschiefs97 is not very helpful. (-500)
    Originally Posted by Billy18

everyone has abs. yours are probably so small that at a low body fat you barely see them.... or you have barely any muscle to begin with so you think you have a low body fat when really your bodyfat can be higher then you think.

No Excuses, Just Results mhschiefs97's Avatar
    mhschiefs97 is not very helpful. (-500) mhschiefs97 is not very helpful. (-500) mhschiefs97 is not very helpful. (-500) mhschiefs97 is not very helpful. (-500) mhschiefs97 is not very helpful. (-500) mhschiefs97 is not very helpful. (-500) mhschiefs97 is not very helpful. (-500) mhschiefs97 is not very helpful. (-500) mhschiefs97 is not very helpful. (-500) mhschiefs97 is not very helpful. (-500) mhschiefs97 is not very helpful. (-500)
    and ab machines arent good in my opinion. stick to weighted crunches(i prefer a small decline) and leg lifts

Dosquito is just really nice. (+1000) Dosquito is just really nice. (+1000) Dosquito is just really nice. (+1000) Dosquito is just really nice. (+1000) Dosquito is just really nice. (+1000) Dosquito is just really nice. (+1000) Dosquito is just really nice. (+1000) Dosquito is just really nice. (+1000) Dosquito is just really nice. (+1000) Dosquito is just really nice. (+1000) Dosquito is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Spuddy
    i have never had abs all my life. even as i started lifting, they still didnt show. well, starting last month i started doing sets of crunches with a 40 pound dumbell on my chest, and the next day i had a 4 pack when flexed. a month later i now have a solid 4 pack unflexed, and a six pack when flexed.
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAH

Zabuza has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Zabuza has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Zabuza has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Zabuza has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Zabuza has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Zabuza has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Zabuza has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Zabuza has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Zabuza has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Zabuza has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Zabuza has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    :P Ab exersizes are the best thing in the world, here listen. Without any exersize and low body fat, you'll have lines. If you have low bodyfat and you've been doing weighted, then you'll have hardass abs with trenches in them, not just lines.

BTW I'm probably over 14% bodyfat I really have no idea, but you can still see the outlines some. Don't wanna hijack the thread but what do you guys think of my physique? (been bulking for like 3 weeks almost) and just something to say, I'm in my sisters room and I wasn't trying to flex my shoulders thats why my left is all cutup and my right isn't haha.
    Attached Images

popeye_99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) popeye_99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) popeye_99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) popeye_99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) popeye_99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) popeye_99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) popeye_99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) popeye_99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) popeye_99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) popeye_99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) popeye_99 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    ^^^^^^^^^^^Looking ok, you need some ab work to thicken them up, because your bf is very low yet I can't see abs!!

Zabuza has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Zabuza has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Zabuza has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Zabuza has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Zabuza has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Zabuza has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Zabuza has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Zabuza has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Zabuza has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Zabuza has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Zabuza has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    haha, my bodyfat really isn't low. It's like my arms are decently cut but I still have flabberness on mah stumach. I dunno whats up with it. I let girls feel through my shirt and they're like OMG then they're like lemmie see! haha I'm just like, no. I'm bulking. not too bad, just need to do something bout my lower abs the most.

popeye_99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) popeye_99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) popeye_99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) popeye_99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) popeye_99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) popeye_99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) popeye_99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) popeye_99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) popeye_99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) popeye_99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) popeye_99 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Zabuza
    haha, my bodyfat really isn't low. It's like my arms are decently cut but I still have flabberness on mah stumach. I dunno whats up with it. I let girls feel through my shirt and they're like OMG then they're like lemmie see! haha I'm just like, no. I'm bulking. not too bad, just need to do something bout my lower abs the most.
    I know how it is bro. I have huge arms and girls go 'let's see the abs' so i show them my 'gut' I'm now cutting and am at 13% so I have abs when they are flexed.

LaxPro is on a distinguished road. (+10) LaxPro is on a distinguished road. (+10) LaxPro is on a distinguished road. (+10) LaxPro is on a distinguished road. (+10) LaxPro is on a distinguished road. (+10) LaxPro is on a distinguished road. (+10) LaxPro is on a distinguished road. (+10) LaxPro is on a distinguished road. (+10) LaxPro is on a distinguished road. (+10) LaxPro is on a distinguished road. (+10) LaxPro is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    How do you expect to get your abs to show when you have minimal muscle not only with your abs, but with your entire body. I imagine if you start eating a lot of food and gain more mass in general you'll probably have those abs you want.

You talkin to me? Cause I'm currently bulking the best I can so yeah. and no bull**** gain more muscle comments cause I already know. No offense, just saying.

is d-bol a good steroid?? MrTestosterone's Avatar
    MrTestosterone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MrTestosterone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MrTestosterone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MrTestosterone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MrTestosterone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MrTestosterone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MrTestosterone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MrTestosterone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MrTestosterone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MrTestosterone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MrTestosterone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I suggest you go and bulk hard aswell, you can always cut later. No offense, but you need to eat more!!!
    I am a troll. Feel free to feed me.

K_muscle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) K_muscle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) K_muscle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) K_muscle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) K_muscle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) K_muscle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) K_muscle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) K_muscle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) K_muscle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) K_muscle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) K_muscle is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by TheUntouchable
    lol its funny that so many people think that ab excercises give u abs..well sorry to inform u but they dont, they merely strengthen ur abs..to obtain the appearence of abs, u need to 1)have a very good diet, 2)do cardio, and 3)be born with that skinny look that i hate so much...this does not mean not to do ab excercises..no no no, ab excercises are a must because they strengthen ur abs and make them look harder and more appealing then those who just have " natural abs"..well i hope i helped.
    Yeah man...those weighted crunches do nothing for ab thickness...

And you're right about those skinny bastards having great abs...I mean Cormier weighs 250 contest time...and his abs suck...
    A king may move a man, a father may claim a son. But remember that, even when those who move you be kings or men of power, your soul is in your keeping alone. When you stand before God you cannot say "but I was told by others to do thus" or that "virtue was not convenient at the time." This will not suffice. Remember that.

Master of Time and Space chronos's Avatar
    chronos is on a distinguished road. (+10) chronos is on a distinguished road. (+10) chronos is on a distinguished road. (+10) chronos is on a distinguished road. (+10) chronos is on a distinguished road. (+10) chronos is on a distinguished road. (+10) chronos is on a distinguished road. (+10) chronos is on a distinguished road. (+10) chronos is on a distinguished road. (+10) chronos is on a distinguished road. (+10) chronos is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    just jog and do the damn exercises

Adski has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Adski has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Adski has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Adski has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Adski has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Adski has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Adski has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Adski has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Adski has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Adski has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by popeye_99
    I know how it is bro. I have huge arms and girls go 'let's see the abs' so i show them my 'gut' I'm now cutting and am at 13% so I have abs when they are flexed.
    You're cutting! I thought you was the bulking master!
    Set a goal and stick to it. Determination is everything.

Start bulk now 18/05/04 and this time i'll be consistant!

Max Bench; 220
    Max Squat; 240 Height; 5'8 BF; 11%
    Bicep; 14" Chest; 40" Waist; 28"