TheElephantman is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheElephantman is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheElephantman is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheElephantman is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheElephantman is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheElephantman is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheElephantman is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheElephantman is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheElephantman is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheElephantman is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheElephantman is on a distinguished road. (+10)

replenishing after late night workouts

last night had to wotrk out fair bit later then normal so when i got home i figured there was no need to replenish with any carbs after, so i had 2 scoops whey, and hour later some cottage cheese but woke up feeling like a bag, and tired as hell, was wondering if you should do the post workout shake the same everytime you know .8 g/kg of carbs(dextrose,maltodextrin) after a late night workout, not really late but it was anout 8-9 pm so before bed.

Spottydog is just really nice. (+1000) Spottydog is just really nice. (+1000) Spottydog is just really nice. (+1000) Spottydog is just really nice. (+1000) Spottydog is just really nice. (+1000) Spottydog is just really nice. (+1000) Spottydog is just really nice. (+1000) Spottydog is just really nice. (+1000) Spottydog is just really nice. (+1000) Spottydog is just really nice. (+1000) Spottydog is just really nice. (+1000)
    Yes, always replenish carbs after a killer workout. For best results though, keep 'em low GI (so mix your shake with fruit, oats, and/or yogurt, not dextrose, for example, or drink it with a bowl of oatmeal or a sweet potato).
    KARMA; reps for life:
    matthor-derickonfire-ozfiz-xquick-meyer23-AllGenetix, Beast, Scivation, Lando33
    girl81-2 D-spot skater-djaeger3-in10city-Emma-Leigh-bballbrett5, jaim91, imfusio
    Not on the list? Don't worry! There's still plenty of chances to achieve good karma.

Jules Verne is just really nice. (+1000) Jules Verne is just really nice. (+1000) Jules Verne is just really nice. (+1000) Jules Verne is just really nice. (+1000) Jules Verne is just really nice. (+1000) Jules Verne is just really nice. (+1000) Jules Verne is just really nice. (+1000) Jules Verne is just really nice. (+1000) Jules Verne is just really nice. (+1000) Jules Verne is just really nice. (+1000) Jules Verne is just really nice. (+1000)
    If I work out late, it's the only time I take dex+whey, right afterwards for quick protein + carbs. Then a protein+cab (complex, lower GI)+some fat meal before bed.

Also a good pre-WO meal is important.

BlueFenix13S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlueFenix13S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlueFenix13S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlueFenix13S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlueFenix13S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlueFenix13S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlueFenix13S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlueFenix13S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlueFenix13S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlueFenix13S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlueFenix13S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    For late night, since you will be going to sleep soon, I would say you want a hefty amount of slow burning carbs. Oats, sweet potato, brown rice, wheat bread, etc. Also, try to get a mix of whey and casein since, again, you are going to be sleeping, and you'll want fast protein to start recovery and slow protein to keep it going overnight.

The Solution has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by TheElephantman View Post
    last night had to wotrk out fair bit later then normal so when i got home i figured there was no need to replenish with any carbs after, so i had 2 scoops whey, and hour later some cottage cheese but woke up feeling like a bag, and tired as hell, was wondering if you should do the post workout shake the same everytime you know .8 g/kg of carbs(dextrose,maltodextrin) after a late night workout, not really late but it was anout 8-9 pm so before bed.
    why would u never replenish ur glycogen?

thats like saying if my car is running out of gas im not going to fill it up and see how it works..

the body is typicall the same way.. if u exhaust it.. u have to fill it up.. plain and simple..

pre/post workout nutrition is a sticky on this form for a reason i suggest u read alan aragon's sticky at the top of the forms.. maybe it will clear somet things up for you

but in all seriouensss ALWAYS have ur PWO shake w/ the carbs and a meal 60-120 minutes later of lean protein + complex carbs .. and if it is ur last meal.. add some fats

TheElephantman is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheElephantman is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheElephantman is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheElephantman is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheElephantman is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheElephantman is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheElephantman is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheElephantman is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheElephantman is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheElephantman is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheElephantman is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    thansk for clearing that up i thought since i was gioing to bed, tehre was no need to carb so i see teh ananlogy on the empty take your not shooting for energy you just wanna fill the tank back up. thansk for the help