Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Anthony Church has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Post What pisses you off in the gym?

I want to hear what pisses you off in the gym the most. People talking, sitting on machines, lifting the weight for you when they spot, whatever it is, please let me know.
    Don't give up until the WHEELS FALL OFF!!!!!

LethalGunz34 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LethalGunz34 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LethalGunz34 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LethalGunz34 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LethalGunz34 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LethalGunz34 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LethalGunz34 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LethalGunz34 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LethalGunz34 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LethalGunz34 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LethalGunz34 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    People sitting on the machine that you want to use and talking with their buddies at the same time. Also, a bunch of teens wearing white tank tops doing chest and biceps 3 times a week, followed by a 30 minute ab routine.

greg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) greg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) greg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) greg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) greg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) greg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) greg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) greg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) greg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) greg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) greg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    people farting

Mingo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mingo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mingo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mingo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mingo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mingo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mingo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mingo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mingo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mingo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mingo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    1. People who use incorrect form/use momentum to lift the weight
    2. Powerfliters who rest for 5 minutes and perform endless sets on a specific piece of equipment
    3. People who use uneccessary equipment for a specific exersize, ex: squat rack for standing barbell curls
    4. People who scream
    5. People who overley persperate and don't clean equipment after use
    6. Tough guys
    7. People who don't put weight away after use
    8. Peple who fart/reek of BO
    9. People who chat unneccessarily between sets
    10. People who ask for a spot and can't even handle the weight for 4 good reps

All I can think of right now...
    "It was time to put all the talk aside and get to work. I was going to get big, and there was nothing that would stop me."

- Sean Nalewanyj

Pro Natural Bodybuilder FATHER FLEX's Avatar
    FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Those individuals (you know who you are) that use the power rack to target their biceps. "I only have 10 more sets to go man"
    100% Natural Bodybuilding!
    http://www.3dmusclejourney.com/

Where there are no men be a man.

Even a genius asks questions.

Knowledge is the child of confusion.

Mingo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mingo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mingo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mingo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mingo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mingo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mingo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mingo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mingo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mingo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mingo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Also, THE WORST is people who think they know their **** and give me bad advice like their a ****ing personal trainer or something. Ive had this happen plenty, I'll get done with a set, and some dumbass will lecture me on the "correct" form, while I rapidly lose my pump. I would straighten them out, but I don't go to the gym to talk. Later, I see these same people smoking ciggarettes outside of the gym.
    "It was time to put all the talk aside and get to work. I was going to get big, and there was nothing that would stop me."

- Sean Nalewanyj

Originally posted by FATHER FLEX
    Those individuals (you know who you are) that use the power rack to target their biceps. "I only have 10 more sets to go man"

BUMP! I hate that ****. EVERYONE does that at my gym, there are very few people that are actually educated as far as bodybuilding goes.

- Sean Nalewanyj

sherlock has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    people who go there to socialize. They should waste their time somewhere else. But it also gives me motivation to NOT be like them ever.

Cross is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Cross is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Cross is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Cross is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Cross is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Cross is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Cross is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Cross is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Cross is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Cross is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Cross is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    The socialzing when in the gym. Hell, I went yeseterday and some young ass punk had a cell phone, and it was on and talking with it.

The teens who wear wifebeaters don't bother me, but when they just do bi's and chest. Yeah that pisses me off
    'Only the dead know the end of war' - Plato

Shut The **** Up And Train!
    - Animal Stak Ad

Pro Natural Bodybuilder FATHER FLEX's Avatar
    FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Re: What pisses you off in the gym?

Originally posted by Anthony Church
    I want to hear what pisses you off in the gym the most. People talking, sitting on machines, lifting the weight for you when they spot, whatever it is, please let me know.
    You registered october of 2001 and only two post...???..
    100% Natural Bodybuilding!
    http://www.3dmusclejourney.com/

Where there are no men be a man.

Even a genius asks questions.

Knowledge is the child of confusion.

NYSoprano has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NYSoprano has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NYSoprano has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NYSoprano has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NYSoprano has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NYSoprano has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NYSoprano has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NYSoprano has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NYSoprano has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NYSoprano has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NYSoprano has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Gay guys hitting on you...
    I had a guy today tell me "You have a nice ass"
    I was like WTF!!! i gave him a better leave me alone look and continue without saying anything.

Del has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Del has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Del has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Del has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Del has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Del has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Del has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Del has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Del has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Del has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Del has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Angry

...I don't understand all these sensitive motherf**kers who get annoyed when some1 screams or lets a weight clanck at the end of a set! For me the gym is a place of intensity, there is no room for self conciousness. Seeing and hearing people work to their maximum intensity inspires me to do the same.... it pisses me off when the gym is full of self concious pretty boys who spend more time looking in the mirror and sizing each other up than actually lifting the weights!

sherlock has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally posted by Del
    ...I don't understand all these sensitive motherf**kers who get annoyed when some1 screams or lets a weight clanck at the end of a set! For me the gym is a place of intensity, there is no room for self conciousness. Seeing and hearing people work to their maximum intensity inspires me to do the same.... it pisses me off when the gym is full of self concious pretty boys who spend more time looking in the mirror and sizing each other up than actually lifting the weights!

I wish people in my gym would grunt and yell to squeeze out that last rep. It's a motivating atmosphere; and I feel more comfortable in that setting since I know everyone is there for one reason - to train like a monster.

Del has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Del has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Del has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Del has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Del has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Del has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Del has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Del has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Del has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Del has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Del has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    A few weeks ago there was an article by some lady on bodybuilding.com that was about how selfish and egotistical it was to grunt and make noises while working out.... i couldn't belive it! Does anyone else here actually get annoyed when people do this??

ripped4life has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ripped4life has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    1 thing and 1 thing only...people who do about 3 different excercises (not sets) on the only piece of equipment in the whole gym that you need to use. Whatever other do people do is no concern to me, as long as it doesnt involve me they can do whatever they want.

Buff_Daddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Buff_Daddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Buff_Daddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Buff_Daddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Buff_Daddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Buff_Daddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Buff_Daddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Buff_Daddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Buff_Daddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Buff_Daddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Buff_Daddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    lifting the weight for you when you ask for a spot, screws up the whole set
    "Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do."
    - Bruce Lee

"My studying mimics my training. Brief, intense and infrequent.."
    - Big Red

NYSoprano has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NYSoprano has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NYSoprano has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NYSoprano has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NYSoprano has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NYSoprano has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NYSoprano has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NYSoprano has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NYSoprano has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NYSoprano has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NYSoprano has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i dont care if you scream, as long as you're not screaming at me

Road_kill has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally posted by NYSoprano
    i dont care if you scream, as long as you're not screaming at me
    lol
    it was weird ones, i'm 15 or so right, and this guy wanted me to help him for his chin up sets, and he seemed old and kinda gay. So being nice i'm like sure, his like just grab me by the hip and **** and push me up if i can't do it. Well being a little freaked i did it but by the "obliques" hehe. All went well
    but creepy.... creepy....
    Jack off while u still got time

whiteboy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'd like to see a post on GOOD things that go on in your gym.

I just started lifting a month or so ago, and about a couple weeks ago, I almost doubled over forward while squatting (I kind of tipped over off balance :x), some guy gave me an impromptu spot, and showed me the correct form and everything. If it wasn't for him, I'd probably still be squatting wrong. The same guy also helped me improve my bench press.

Also, I'm 15, and new at this. Yes, I probably do a bunch of things wrong, but no I don't do chest and bi's everyday, but I know some people assume I do just because I'm young.

I really wish people would point out incorrect things MORE often.

user1796044 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) user1796044 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) user1796044 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) user1796044 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) user1796044 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Gay people. That's what gets on my nerves, tons of gay people. Theres the obvious gay people, then theres the gay people that you don't KNOW their gay until they ask to work-in a set with you on some piece of equipment.

I also hate it when people workout or get too close to me when I'm working out, or when people rearrange the stuff in the gym to where it's too close togethor to workout properly.

I hate it when people talk about bull**** they know nothing about and then another person jumps in and not only agrees, but gives his fake testimonial.

I.e. hearing some guy talking about how creatine "dries up your nuggets", and then some other guy jumping in and saying "oooh yeah I had this friend that had his nuggets fall off!" etc.

CobianSoul has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Well, from the sounds of it... most of u wouldn't like me in the gym. I wear a wifebeater, I grunt loud when I get stuck on a rep, I even curse at the weights before a set, my friend and I are always having a chatting and laughing between sets, we pose in the mirror and say stuff like "damn, my bicep looks bigger than yesterday", and one time I was on my last rep of flat bench and I got stuck but then I let out this really loud fart and somehow I got the weight up without a spot (everybody laughed, I just held my nose).

The thing that pisses me off, is ignorance (mainly people that just use the machines instead of free weights).
    The difference between "involvement" and "commitment" is like an eggs-and-ham breakfast: the chicken was "involved" - the pig was "committed".

ZachG_85 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    People who hate gay people. Mostly because they always seem to think they're so freakin attractive that every gay guy on the planet must want them. Shut up and get over yourselves.

My list:

-Power rack curlers
    -People who get pissed when I scream (I don't even realize I'm doing it, honestly)
    -This one guy that uses a damn pad on his chest to bench to make the bounce hurt less
    -Guys who won't squat because "the leg press works just as well"
    -Curl Bar humpers
    -Anyone that uses a half range of motion
    -Smelly people
    -Guys who lift the weight when they spot
    -People who use the knee holder on the Lat pulldown machine for situps (actually saw that)
    -People who tell me not to do deadlifts because it'll break my back
    -People who look at me weird when I do front squats/sissy squats/stiff-leg deadlifts/any unconventional exercise
    -Chest & Bi warriors
    -People who rest for 5+ minutes on something but won't let me work in
    -People who try to work in without asking me
    -People who use ridiculously light weights
    -Chatters
    -People who leave everything sitting around.

And finally, one of my BIGGEST ones...

People who don't understand the hierarchy of plates on the rack and that A 45 LB PLATE DOES NOT BELONG ON TOP OF A 25 AND UNDERNEATH A 10. I hate having to rearrange the whole damn thing to get the plates I need.

What about when people do super super super super sets?? They take a pair of 45's, 40, 35, 30, 25, and 20's and have them all by the bench so when they can't do any more of the 45's they drop to 40 then to 35's and so on, WHILE the gym is packed like a mother...

Or when someone is doing a set with a certain weight and has another different weight by him, saving it for later...guy is doing barbell curls and has a pair of dumb bells by him, he goes "i'm using those next" still having 3 sets to go....BIT-CH i'm gonna use them NOW!!!!

bigjay00 is just really nice. (+1000) bigjay00 is just really nice. (+1000) bigjay00 is just really nice. (+1000) bigjay00 is just really nice. (+1000) bigjay00 is just really nice. (+1000) bigjay00 is just really nice. (+1000) bigjay00 is just really nice. (+1000) bigjay00 is just really nice. (+1000) bigjay00 is just really nice. (+1000) bigjay00 is just really nice. (+1000) bigjay00 is just really nice. (+1000)
    1 people who ask me if im on steroids.

2 when people see you using a machine and when you are thru they go on and try to show off and lift the same weight but can't

3 and people who chat, especcially about stupid things. i was in the locker room before my workout and its right next to the freeweights, i haerd two guys talking about how they brush they're teeth, it pathetic
    Anabolic-evolution.com owner

CobianSoul has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally posted by ZachG_85

-Curl Bar humpers

People who don't understand the hierarchy of plates on the rack and that A 45 LB PLATE DOES NOT BELONG ON TOP OF A 25 AND UNDERNEATH A 10. I hate having to rearrange the whole damn thing to get the plates I need.
    What is a curl bar humper?

And yeah, people that don't put the weights in the right spots are nimrods. I said nimrod...lol
    The difference between "involvement" and "commitment" is like an eggs-and-ham breakfast: the chicken was "involved" - the pig was "committed".

whiteboy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally posted by CobianSoul

What is a curl bar humper?

And yeah, people that don't put the weights in the right spots are nimrods. I said nimrod...lol
    its when someone is curling a barbell and throw their back into it so much they look like they're humping something.

determined is on a distinguished road. (+10) determined is on a distinguished road. (+10) determined is on a distinguished road. (+10) determined is on a distinguished road. (+10) determined is on a distinguished road. (+10) determined is on a distinguished road. (+10) determined is on a distinguished road. (+10) determined is on a distinguished road. (+10) determined is on a distinguished road. (+10) determined is on a distinguished road. (+10) determined is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Thank God for my home gym, its very convenient, and there's no stupid people, although some things that piss me off in general are..
    1.)people who stop during a set because it starts getting hard to lift the weight.
    2.)basically, lazy people.
    3.)people who try to give you pointers about something and they are completely wrong.
    4.)people who scrutinize your training routine because its not what they do.
    5.)working out with powerlifters
    6.)people who give up easily, which covers number 1, and 2.
    Hey kids! Get the f@ck off my lawn!

Originally posted by bigjay00
    2 when people see you using a machine and when you are thru they go on and try to show off and lift the same weight but can't

It was my leg day and i was on my last exercise, seated calves. Not to be cocky, but i have big calves and this guy jumped in, he's only using one 45 plate and i stack up four 45's and he takes them off i put em on, we're taking turns. So i finish and i go to do abs, while i'm on the roman chair doing leg lifts and i'm doing them nice and slow for the burn and the dude comes to where i'm at and starts to do the leg lifts too, but he's doing them faster and going higher, as if we're in a race and he finishes and goes back to working he's legs. I guess he wanted to show me how fast he can do them.

Originally posted by ZachG_85
    People who hate gay people. Mostly because they always seem to think they're so freakin attractive that every gay guy on the planet must want them. Shut up and get over yourselves.

The guy told me "you have a nice ass"!!

I've been asked...

...if i wear thongs.
    ...how big i am (yes people my penis)
    ...if i masterbate.
    ...if i've ever tasted my cumm.
    ...been told that i should wear cocck rings to increase size
    ...been asked for my phone number
    ...if i've ever been eating out by a girl

ALL AT THE GYM!!!! I dont care what they say, as long as they don't touch me!

ZachG_85 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Yeah, the super-drop setters, forgot about those guys. I do drop sets, but I'm very careful with how I do it. I rarely do dumbbell drop sets and when I do I go back and switch, or do them right by the rack so I don't steal them from people.