TrentArena will become famous soon enough. (+50) TrentArena will become famous soon enough. (+50) TrentArena will become famous soon enough. (+50) TrentArena will become famous soon enough. (+50) TrentArena will become famous soon enough. (+50) TrentArena will become famous soon enough. (+50) TrentArena will become famous soon enough. (+50) TrentArena will become famous soon enough. (+50) TrentArena will become famous soon enough. (+50) TrentArena will become famous soon enough. (+50) TrentArena will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Wrist/forearm injury

A while back I was doing preacher and started to notice a sharo pain in my wrist so, i stopped doing bicep workouts with bb and db altogether.

I recently started doing them again seeing as the pain subsided, was doing some hammer curls and now I have a strong pain up the outside of my arm, in one of my forearm muscles all the way to the wrist, I had my wrists x-rayed but they came back clean, thinking its a muscle problem, is there anything I can do -bar physio (can't afford it) - to help fix this problem?

I started taking fish oil tabs and calcium tabs to help strengthen and reduce inflamation, but I was wondering if light forearm training would be beneficial or detrimental?

Has anyone experienced this and could shed some light?

themilkybarkid is on a distinguished road. (+10) themilkybarkid is on a distinguished road. (+10) themilkybarkid is on a distinguished road. (+10) themilkybarkid is on a distinguished road. (+10) themilkybarkid is on a distinguished road. (+10) themilkybarkid is on a distinguished road. (+10) themilkybarkid is on a distinguished road. (+10) themilkybarkid is on a distinguished road. (+10) themilkybarkid is on a distinguished road. (+10) themilkybarkid is on a distinguished road. (+10) themilkybarkid is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    i have suffered something similar also. do you get the pain every time you lift and is it unbearable? my pain hurt but i could carry on and eventually it subsided, a few people say fish oil/ flax oil helps this. a week off lifting completely will also help and then start off light when you come back and workout your way up gradually
    "The journey to a place worth getting to is never easy but pain is only temporary, victory is forever" - Jeremy H.

"The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary" - Vince Lombardi

powerpressure has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) powerpressure has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) powerpressure has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) powerpressure has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) powerpressure has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) powerpressure has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by themilkybarkid View Post
    i have suffered something similar also. do you get the pain every time you lift and is it unbearable? my pain hurt but i could carry on and eventually it subsided, a few people say fish oil/ flax oil helps this. a week off lifting completely will also help and then start off light when you come back and workout your way up gradually
    2 weeks off is a good idea but if you still want to continue training you gotta take joint supps. Fish oil and calcium supps are OK but not enough! Ultimate Nutrition Glucosamine Chondroitin & MSM with Glucosamine 1500 mg, Chondroitin 1200 mg, and MSM 1200 mg daily or similar is just what you need!
    Fitness Means Power!

TrentArena will become famous soon enough. (+50) TrentArena will become famous soon enough. (+50) TrentArena will become famous soon enough. (+50) TrentArena will become famous soon enough. (+50) TrentArena will become famous soon enough. (+50) TrentArena will become famous soon enough. (+50) TrentArena will become famous soon enough. (+50) TrentArena will become famous soon enough. (+50) TrentArena will become famous soon enough. (+50) TrentArena will become famous soon enough. (+50) TrentArena will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by themilkybarkid View Post
    Yeah, for example when I do preacher, it hurts when I bring it to a full curl, like a sharp, shooting pain and then when I let go of the bar it hurts incredibly bad

Originally Posted by powerpressure View Post
    2 weeks off is a good idea but if you still want to continue training you gotta take joint supps. Fish oil and calcium supps are OK but not enough! Ultimate Nutrition Glucosamine Chondroitin & MSM with Glucosamine 1500 mg, Chondroitin 1200 mg, and MSM 1200 mg daily or similar is just what you need!
    Thanks for the info, Ill check those out! repped you both!

adcardiff has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hi,
    I have a very similar problem at the moment. I went to see a physio and they told me this: I probably tore one of the forearm muscles slightly, and this has healed leaving scar tissue. Now when I use my arm I feel the pain because the scar tissue on the muscle means the fibres aren't lined up nor as strong as they should be. This in turn puts extra strain on the tendons which is why I feel the pain the whole length of them.

Bad news is that I've been advised to refrain from any arm use for 4-6 weeks. She gave me some stretches to do and said that I should massage the muscle daily for at least five minutes using my thumb, to try and 'flatten' the lump on it!

any use?

powerpressure has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) powerpressure has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) powerpressure has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) powerpressure has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) powerpressure has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) powerpressure has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by TrentArena View Post
    Yeah, for example when I do preacher, it hurts when I bring it to a full curl, like a sharp, shooting pain and then when I let go of the bar it hurts incredibly bad

Thanks for the info, Ill check those out! repped you both!
    Allow 2-3 weeks of daily use before expecting noticeable results. If it does not help much add hyaluronic acid 3.3 mg daily. The best choice would be WEIDER/SCHIFF Move Free Double Strength - glucosamine, chondroitin, and hyaluronic acid (joint fluid). Use pain relief gel/creams and wrist supports if needed.
    Fitness Means Power!

Rebuilding after surgery. hazdingo's Avatar
    hazdingo will become famous soon enough. (+50) hazdingo will become famous soon enough. (+50) hazdingo will become famous soon enough. (+50) hazdingo will become famous soon enough. (+50) hazdingo will become famous soon enough. (+50) hazdingo will become famous soon enough. (+50) hazdingo will become famous soon enough. (+50) hazdingo will become famous soon enough. (+50) hazdingo will become famous soon enough. (+50) hazdingo will become famous soon enough. (+50) hazdingo will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    A while back I was doing preacher and started to notice a sharo pain in my wrist so, i stopped doing bicep workouts with bb and db altogether.

I recently started doing them again seeing as the pain subsided, was doing some hammer curls and now I have a strong pain up the outside of my arm, in one of my forearm muscles all the way to the wrist, I had my wrists x-rayed but they came back clean, thinking its a muscle problem, is there anything I can do -bar physio (can't afford it) - to help fix this problem?

I started taking fish oil tabs and calcium tabs to help strengthen and reduce inflamation, but I was wondering if light forearm training would be beneficial or detrimental?

Has anyone experienced this and could shed some light?

This is actually a very popular injury among beginning lifters. The culprit is usually too much volume in your bicep workout. How many sets do you do for biceps each week?

Originally Posted by powerpressure View Post
    Allow 2-3 weeks of daily use before expecting noticeable results. If it does not help much add hyaluronic acid 3.3 mg daily. The best choice would be WEIDER/SCHIFF Move Free Double Strength - glucosamine, chondroitin, and hyaluronic acid (joint fluid). Use pain relief gel/creams and wrist supports if needed.

Yeah I'm going to buy wrist support gloves this week, hopefully helps

Originally Posted by hazdingo View Post
    This is actually a very popular injury among beginning lifters. The culprit is usually too much volume in your bicep workout. How many sets do you do for biceps each week?
    I do biceps during my arms day, and usually about 2 -3*6-8 incline curl/preacher w/ezcurl/free standing bar curl or pullups.

Lightbulb

Yeah I'm going to buy wrist support gloves this week, hopefully helps
    supports only are better
    Fitness Means Power!