cgcgraded is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cgcgraded is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cgcgraded is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cgcgraded is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cgcgraded is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cgcgraded is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cgcgraded is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cgcgraded is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cgcgraded is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cgcgraded is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cgcgraded is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Ok to train chest the day after shoulders?

Is it ok to train chest the day after training shoulders????

P.S. if you open the thread please reply, in this section i get views but no one replies
    You have to put yourself first or people will put you second.

Duckenheimer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Duckenheimer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Duckenheimer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Duckenheimer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Duckenheimer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Duckenheimer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Duckenheimer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Duckenheimer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Duckenheimer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Duckenheimer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Duckenheimer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    For the vast majority of people, no.
    Interested in investing in militarizing poultry? Based in our Southernmost continent, no local taxes, no laws to worry about, guaranteed return! PM for further details

chedda has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chedda has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chedda has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chedda has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chedda has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chedda has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chedda has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chedda has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chedda has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    personally i would say no. if you do chest the day after shoulders then you most likely will not be able to put up as much weight as you normally could. i know this is the case for me. when i do chest i like to have all secondary assisting muscles fresh such as shoulders and tris so i can put up as much weight possible for maximum results. but hey everyone is different so do whatever works for you

o0hardcore0o is on a distinguished road. (+10) o0hardcore0o is on a distinguished road. (+10) o0hardcore0o is on a distinguished road. (+10) o0hardcore0o is on a distinguished road. (+10) o0hardcore0o is on a distinguished road. (+10) o0hardcore0o is on a distinguished road. (+10) o0hardcore0o is on a distinguished road. (+10) o0hardcore0o is on a distinguished road. (+10) o0hardcore0o is on a distinguished road. (+10) o0hardcore0o is on a distinguished road. (+10) o0hardcore0o is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Duckenheimer View Post
    For the vast majority of people, no.
    good post, it works for a few people, but not for most of common men

Duckenheimer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Duckenheimer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Duckenheimer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Duckenheimer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Duckenheimer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Duckenheimer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Duckenheimer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Duckenheimer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Duckenheimer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Duckenheimer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Duckenheimer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by chedda View Post
    personally i would say no. if you do chest the day after shoulders then you most likely will not be able to put up as much weight as you normally could. i know this is the case for me. when i do chest i like to have all secondary assisting muscles fresh such as shoulders and tris so i can put up as much weight possible for maximum results. but hey everyone is different so do whatever works for you
    It's not the weight/effort I could exert but the vast increase in risk of injury that would concern me. Shoulders are pretty delicate.
    Interested in investing in militarizing poultry? Based in our Southernmost continent, no local taxes, no laws to worry about, guaranteed return! PM for further details

chedda has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chedda has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chedda has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chedda has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chedda has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chedda has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chedda has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chedda has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chedda has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    It's not the weight/effort I could exert but the vast increase in risk of injury that would concern me. Shoulders are pretty delicate.
    yea i def agree. when i tried something similar not only was i putting up less weight when i benched but i started getting a sharp pain in the shoulder area.

CASH MONEY has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CASH MONEY has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CASH MONEY has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CASH MONEY has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CASH MONEY has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CASH MONEY has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CASH MONEY has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CASH MONEY has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CASH MONEY has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CASH MONEY has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CASH MONEY has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by chedda View Post
    yea i def agree. when i tried something similar not only was i putting up less weight when i benched but i started getting a sharp pain in the shoulder area.
    X2

dmd5004 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dmd5004 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dmd5004 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dmd5004 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dmd5004 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dmd5004 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dmd5004 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dmd5004 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dmd5004 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dmd5004 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dmd5004 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i would say keep shoulders and chest apart...though I must say, when I was training for my last competition I did them on the same day and got pretty good results (it kicked my ass though!)
    Be Dani Fit, LLC
    www.bedanifit.com
    danielle@bedanifit.com

Originally Posted by dmd5004 View Post
    i would say keep shoulders and chest apart...though I must say, when I was training for my last competition I did them on the same day and got pretty good results (it kicked my ass though!)
    Nothing wrong with doing them on the SAME day. Hell I train my whole body in the one day.

One day apart is quite different. The second day, the muscles will be much more prone to injury if directly trained (which your front delts and rotator cuff will be).

heatwave13 is just really nice. (+1000) heatwave13 is just really nice. (+1000) heatwave13 is just really nice. (+1000) heatwave13 is just really nice. (+1000) heatwave13 is just really nice. (+1000) heatwave13 is just really nice. (+1000) heatwave13 is just really nice. (+1000) heatwave13 is just really nice. (+1000) heatwave13 is just really nice. (+1000) heatwave13 is just really nice. (+1000) heatwave13 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Nothing wrong with doing them on the SAME day. Hell I train my whole body in the one day.

One day apart is quite different. The second day, the muscles will be much more prone to injury if directly trained (which your front delts and rotator cuff will be).

Ditto for me. I train the whole body three, sometimes four days per week. This includes heavy bench press, heavy squats, power cleans, and overhead shoulder barbell presses. I have a long history of olympic lifting and athletic training, so I've always trained the body as a whole.....the body works as one piece during athletics. But, so many folks like to split their training up into and treat themselves as a collection of bodyparts.

I keep my overall volume low, so that allows me to train more frequently, which I like to do. I do two heavy sets of five reps.....never going to failure on any set; I always feel like I have a rep or two left in the tank.

So, cgcgraded, I would encourage you to hit them both on the same day.....hit them hard, heavy, and brief, take a day off in between, then hit it again.
    RAW PRs--no suit, no belt, no wraps, no spotters

Squat- 1075 lbs
    Deadlift- 1250 lbs
    Bench- 795 lbs
    Power Clean- 665 lbs.
    Barbell Curl-405 lbs.

225 Bench Press for reps-56 reps
    40 yard dash-4.13 seconds (electronic official time)
    vertical leap-55 inches