Bodybuilding.com Information Motivation Supplementation
in:

The World’s #1 Bodybuilding And Fitness Forum - Save Up To 50% Off Retail Prices In Our Bodybuilding.com Store!

BodyPoints: 2247
    Ruthless4Life has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Ruthless4Life has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Ruthless4Life has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Ruthless4Life has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Ruthless4Life has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Ruthless4Life has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Ruthless4Life has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Ruthless4Life has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Ruthless4Life has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Ruthless4Life has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Ruthless4Life has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit Ruthless4Life's BodySpace

Earlobe piercing--how long does it ACTUALLY take to heal?

I had my earlobe pierced by the gun 10 weeks ago. I've read from everywhere, they all said it takes around 6-8 weeks to heal, or something like that. It's been 10 weeks, when I take out my stud today, there's still little bits of blood seeping out. If I leave the stud out a crust will form. It doesn't hurt and isn't swelled up, which means it shouldn't be infected (if it was it'll hurt). Is this normal? I thought by "healing" it meant actually healing.

Narzerone has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Narzerone has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Narzerone has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Narzerone has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Narzerone has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Narzerone has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Narzerone has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Narzerone has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Narzerone has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Narzerone has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Narzerone has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    If it isn't swollen or painful, I don't think it's infected. Healing time for piercings always varies...though the ear lobe should heal rather quick...in any case, if your worried, just keep the stud in and wash it with anti-bacterial soap everytime you take a shower. Time will take care of the rest.

Vegan has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Vegan has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Vegan has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Vegan has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Vegan has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Vegan has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Vegan has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Vegan has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Vegan has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Vegan has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Vegan has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    All of my earrings healed within about a week...Have you been cleaning it thoroughly(rubbing alcohol works the best) a couple of times a day?

dat dere 0~0 <--- ezBar Skittall's Avatar
    Skittall has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Skittall has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Skittall has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Skittall has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Skittall has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Skittall has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Skittall has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Skittall has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Skittall has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Skittall has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Skittall has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I started taking mine out a day after i had it pierced, it hurt a bit but its only your ear lol. Make sure u clean in loads
    osnap

52 Wins 4 Loses 49 KOs Deadgame's Avatar
    Stats: 5'11", 195 lbs
    BodyPoints: 1810
    Deadgame has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Deadgame has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Deadgame has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Deadgame has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Deadgame has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Deadgame has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Deadgame has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Deadgame has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Deadgame has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Deadgame has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Deadgame has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit Deadgame's BodySpace
    I would try the female bodybuilding section. I bet they would know
    I have only two regrets: I didn't shoot Henry Clay and I didn't hang John C. Calhoun.

"A race of people is like an individual man; until it uses its own talent, takes pride in its own history, expresses its own culture, affirms its own selfhood, it can never fulfill itself." Malcolm X

1000 plus, reps returned

Millionaires are made from talent and intellect; not the major you selected when you're coming out of high school. Warren Buffett

helloremy is on a distinguished road. (+10)

My Personal Experience

I got my ears pierced (two more holes in each lobe) around Halloween '07 and counted 8 weeks after that to mess around with them. Unfortunately for me, I didn't seem to be fully healed because there was some blood coming out, so I left them in for another week and tried wearing non-post earrings (usually a bad idea but I couldn't resist). It was uncomfortable on the ear lobe that was thicker so i took it out again for another week. The next week that I wore the earrings, everything was fine. I'd say the upper ear lobe takes longer to heal because I still get puss around the earring when I take it out. You just have to get a feel for your own body and figure out when the time is right...

BodyPoints: 2556
    EzMan is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) EzMan is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) EzMan is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) EzMan is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) EzMan is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) EzMan is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) EzMan is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) EzMan is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) EzMan is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) EzMan is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) EzMan is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Visit EzMan's BodySpace
    You using that stuff they give you to put on your ears?
    When I got mine done, it never had any problems.
    From the second day, it was pretty much perfect
    I rep back!
    I (usually) try to make my post as correct and helpful as possible, so if I post something that is in correct, Message me so I can change it!

BodyPoints: 4690
    JohnQQQ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JohnQQQ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JohnQQQ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JohnQQQ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JohnQQQ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JohnQQQ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JohnQQQ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JohnQQQ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JohnQQQ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JohnQQQ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JohnQQQ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Visit JohnQQQ's BodySpace
    get some h2Ocean and spray it on 3 times a day , it will heal it in no time

WillofSteele is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Vegan View Post
    All of my earrings healed within about a week...Have you been cleaning it thoroughly(rubbing alcohol works the best) a couple of times a day?
    No, do NOT use rubbing alcohol or anything like that, if you're going to put any treatments on it, it should be something that is made specifically for piercings, or use sea salt mixed with warm water, I use a cup of water and teaspoon of sea salt. Alcohol, peroxide, etc. all destroy the skin cells and only delay the healing process.