Thread: Bulking

2tight_TRISH has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 2tight_TRISH has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 2tight_TRISH has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 2tight_TRISH has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 2tight_TRISH has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 2tight_TRISH has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 2tight_TRISH has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 2tight_TRISH has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 2tight_TRISH has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 2tight_TRISH has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 2tight_TRISH has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Bulking

I'm going into a really short (8 week) bulking cycle for my show... I have that long before I start the "contest prep" diet. I wanna put on at least 4 lbs of lean mass... I think it's possible but guys in the gym don't.

I haven't really talked to my trainer too much about this yet, I mean... we have figured out my diet, supps, and routine but not an actual definite goal "in pounds."

So, what do you ladies think? How much do you expect to gain during a bulking cycle? And what are your diets like? How much do they change from a normal or a cutting diet besides the obvious "more carbs, more protein"?

TechLady is a name known to all. (+5000) TechLady is a name known to all. (+5000) TechLady is a name known to all. (+5000) TechLady is a name known to all. (+5000) TechLady is a name known to all. (+5000) TechLady is a name known to all. (+5000) TechLady is a name known to all. (+5000) TechLady is a name known to all. (+5000) TechLady is a name known to all. (+5000) TechLady is a name known to all. (+5000) TechLady is a name known to all. (+5000)

Thumbs up Bulking

My specific goal is to gain 15 lbs. of lean mass and I gave myself 6 months to do it (started Sept. and ending on my birthday March 7, then I will cut for the summer). So far (I chart my weight, bodyfat % using Accumeasure calipers and LBM) i've gained 3.3 lbs. lean mass and 1 lb. fat. I increased my caloric intake from 1600-1800 a day to 2300-2500 cals a day with a macro breakdown of 40/40/20. To be honest, i've been eating 85% clean/15% dirty though. I'm on a 4 day split and doing low impact cardio on the non weight training days.

I think it can be done. I'm doing all compound movements with free weights or barbells (squats, deadlifts, pullups, bb curls, etc) and keeping my reps in the 6-10 rep range. I make sure to go all out on each and every workout and to really challenge myself EVERY time.

I get kinda nervous watching the numbers on the scale climb, but I know in the end it will work itself out. By March I will have about 25 lbs. of fat to lose and I will do that in 12 weeks.

Good luck on your bulk. I think it's cool to see females that are willing to eat food and not scared to put on some muscle.
    20+, you better ask somebody....

☆☆ Ron Paul 2012 ☆☆

Thanks for the motivation.

Action Items: 13.

2tight_TRISH has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 2tight_TRISH has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 2tight_TRISH has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 2tight_TRISH has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 2tight_TRISH has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 2tight_TRISH has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 2tight_TRISH has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 2tight_TRISH has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 2tight_TRISH has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 2tight_TRISH has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 2tight_TRISH has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    THANK YOU SO MUCH for this reply! I hope I'll be as successful as you have been. I agree, the diet is really hard. I'm used to giving it my 110% in the gym and not having to do the cardio is a definite plus. But the diet... granted, it's good not having to feel hungry any more but getting it right so that I don't put on all the fat is harsh. My boyfriend's in a bulking phase right now but he doesn't compete and doesn't really care so I watch him eat pizza and cereal... it's just not fair! Haha.

Your workouts sound perfect. What muscle groups do you train together? What's your week like?

Thanks again for this post and for the luck! Good luck to you too.

Originally Posted by sydnisd183 View Post
    My specific goal is to gain 15 lbs. of lean mass and I gave myself 6 months to do it (started Sept. and ending on my birthday March 7, then I will cut for the summer). So far (I chart my weight, bodyfat % using Accumeasure calipers and LBM) i've gained 3.3 lbs. lean mass and 1 lb. fat. I increased my caloric intake from 1600-1800 a day to 2300-2500 cals a day with a macro breakdown of 40/40/20. To be honest, i've been eating 85% clean/15% dirty though. I'm on a 4 day split and doing low impact cardio on the non weight training days.

I think it can be done. I'm doing all compound movements with free weights or barbells (squats, deadlifts, pullups, bb curls, etc) and keeping my reps in the 6-10 rep range. I make sure to go all out on each and every workout and to really challenge myself EVERY time.

I get kinda nervous watching the numbers on the scale climb, but I know in the end it will work itself out. By March I will have about 25 lbs. of fat to lose and I will do that in 12 weeks.

Good luck on your bulk. I think it's cool to see females that are willing to eat food and not scared to put on some muscle.

MauiZos is on a distinguished road. (+10) MauiZos is on a distinguished road. (+10) MauiZos is on a distinguished road. (+10) MauiZos is on a distinguished road. (+10) MauiZos is on a distinguished road. (+10) MauiZos is on a distinguished road. (+10) MauiZos is on a distinguished road. (+10) MauiZos is on a distinguished road. (+10) MauiZos is on a distinguished road. (+10) MauiZos is on a distinguished road. (+10) MauiZos is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    4lbs of real muscle in 8 weeks. I hope you are some kind of genetic freak, cause otherwise you're going to have a tough time pulling that one off! You'll probably have to train 2x/day, drop all cardio, and bump calorie intake to 3000-4000 with 200+ grams of protein/day. I've been training hard and eating my face off (minus a 3 month pre-comp diet in the spring) for over a year and have only managed to gain 4lb of actual muscle. And I'm what you might consider a "naturally muscular build" - big shoulders, thick back, big quads, massive calves, etc.

Not trying to be a downer here. I wish you the best of luck. I always want people to have realistic expectations with the goals they set for themselves.
    There is no such thing as good or bad, only thinking makes it so

Your outlook on life is a direct reflection of how much you like yourself

The biggest burden is a great potential