Bodybuilding.com Information Motivation Supplementation
in:

The World’s #1 Bodybuilding And Fitness Forum - Save Up To 50% Off Retail Prices In Our Bodybuilding.com Store!

BodyPoints: 7960
    AJ010 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) AJ010 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) AJ010 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) AJ010 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) AJ010 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) AJ010 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) AJ010 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) AJ010 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) AJ010 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) AJ010 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) AJ010 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit AJ010's BodySpace

Inflamed AC joint questions.

Thus far, after my visit to the ortho, it appears that I just have an inflamed AC joint. Great, better than a shoulder separation which I thought it was.(Still getting MRI to confirm this though).

Assuming it is just an inflamed AC joint, what are some good tips to ensure it recovers? I've been straining it for 3 months indirectly, but just recently stopped all working out.

Ron_Jeremy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ron_Jeremy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ron_Jeremy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ron_Jeremy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ron_Jeremy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ron_Jeremy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ron_Jeremy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ron_Jeremy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ron_Jeremy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ron_Jeremy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ron_Jeremy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Good thing you caught this early. I had two clavical resections because of an arthritic condition of the AC joint. I would seriously consider altering your workouts by removing some of the more common exercises or use them sparingly. You're on the right track by stopping your workouts completely. Feel free to continue legs but lay off the upper body movements. When you're ready to get back to it, I would remove military presses, deep dips, flys, deep bench pressing and barbell pressing. I stay away from these or I only do them once in a blue moon. When doing side laterals, the angle between my body and arm is always less than 90 degrees. I'm limited to front raises for my front delts and only use DB's for benching exercises. When benching, try not lower your elbows past the plain of your body, meaning, do not let the bar or DB'd come down to chest level. Flys are a movement that can really irritate the AC joint so if you do choose to do them, just do them with light weight to get a good "pump" going. Also, try not to go too wide with your pull up grip as this can also cause some irritations of the joint. Continue to perform internal and external rotation exercises with a rubber band or surgical tubing to increase the stability of the joint and always warm up your shoulders prior to any upper body movements. You do not want to get to where I am so make sure you take care of this and do not push it too hard too soon. Good luck to you.

AJ010 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) AJ010 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) AJ010 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) AJ010 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) AJ010 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) AJ010 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) AJ010 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) AJ010 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) AJ010 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) AJ010 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) AJ010 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit AJ010's BodySpace
    Originally Posted by Ron_Jeremy
    Good thing you caught this early. I had two clavical resections because of an arthritic condition of the AC joint. I would seriously consider altering your workouts by removing some of the more common exercises or use them sparingly. You're on the right track by stopping your workouts completely. Feel free to continue legs but lay off the upper body movements. When you're ready to get back to it, I would remove military presses, deep dips, flys, deep bench pressing and barbell pressing. I stay away from these or I only do them once in a blue moon. When doing side laterals, the angle between my body and arm is always less than 90 degrees. I'm limited to front raises for my front delts and only use DB's for benching exercises. When benching, try not lower your elbows past the plain of your body, meaning, do not let the bar or DB'd come down to chest level. Flys are a movement that can really irritate the AC joint so if you do choose to do them, just do them with light weight to get a good "pump" going. Also, try not to go too wide with your pull up grip as this can also cause some irritations of the joint. Continue to perform internal and external rotation exercises with a rubber band or surgical tubing to increase the stability of the joint and always warm up your shoulders prior to any upper body movements. You do not want to get to where I am so make sure you take care of this and do not push it too hard too soon. Good luck to you.
    Damn. Well, I kind of can't do anything now to be honest. Everything uses the shoulder basically, besides simple lifts. I can't squat or deadlift now. Thank you for the support or exercise tips.

Did you also have like a "bump" in your shoulder though? How long did it take to heal your injury(at least to a very good point)?

Stats: 5'4", 142 lbs
    BodyPoints: 1150
    KarIzMa is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) KarIzMa is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) KarIzMa is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) KarIzMa is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) KarIzMa is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) KarIzMa is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) KarIzMa is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) KarIzMa is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) KarIzMa is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) KarIzMa is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) KarIzMa is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Visit KarIzMa's BodySpace

Thumbs up Hope this helps.

I'd say lay off the heavy Lifting, but when my knee was swollen and hurting all the time, they wanted to do surgery, and my parents said " HELL NO!"
    ... instead, a friend of my dad's suggested rubbing " Horse Liniment" on my knee. Think about it, Its for horses when their joints get all stiff & inflamed; it really helped me out with the swelling and pain. Its the consistency of rubbing alcohol, and I think it Might be around $15 for a bottle? Cheaper than a script. I'd suggest that if its hurting and swollen...Its not a cure, but it might help with the pain..

Ron_Jeremy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ron_Jeremy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ron_Jeremy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ron_Jeremy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ron_Jeremy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ron_Jeremy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ron_Jeremy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ron_Jeremy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ron_Jeremy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ron_Jeremy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ron_Jeremy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by UnlimitedSteel
    Damn. Well, I kind of can't do anything now to be honest. Everything uses the shoulder basically, besides simple lifts. I can't squat or deadlift now. Thank you for the support or exercise tips.

Did you also have like a "bump" in your shoulder though? How long did it take to heal your injury(at least to a very good point)?
    You are correct, don't do deadlifts because holding the heavy weight can tend to put strain on the AC joint. Squats are ok if you use a smiths machine where you don't really have to use your arms for stability. Also, use a leg press so it becomes a lower body movement exclusively.

I have a "bump" at the AC joint because they removed some of the clavical and now it is very prominant at the joint. When I have my shirt off you can see the distal clavical sticking up slightly.

I never really healed from the injury. I felt really good after the first surgery and started lifting heavy and making good gains. After about 1.5 years the pain started creeping back in. 6 years after the first surgery it got so intense that I decided to go under the knife again. I was told that there was a possibility that it could get worse after the surgery and sure enough, it got worse. The most I can use while doing lateral raises is 15lbs now. I have pain when moving my shoulder in certain movements, even without weight. As far as recovery time, it takes a couple months before you can begin strengthening exercises that consist of band exercises. If you do end up having surgery, do not rush it. You may feel good but don't get back into the heavy stuff. You may end up like me with an arthritic condition all over again in the joint.

Visit AJ010's BodySpace
    Originally Posted by KarIzMa
    I'd say lay off the heavy Lifting, but when my knee was swollen and hurting all the time, they wanted to do surgery, and my parents said " HELL NO!"
    ... instead, a friend of my dad's suggested rubbing " Horse Liniment" on my knee. Think about it, Its for horses when their joints get all stiff & inflamed; it really helped me out with the swelling and pain. Its the consistency of rubbing alcohol, and I think it Might be around $15 for a bottle? Cheaper than a script. I'd suggest that if its hurting and swollen...Its not a cure, but it might help with the pain..
    Did it reduce the swelling though?

Where can I get some of this stuff?

Visit AJ010's BodySpace
    Originally Posted by Ron_Jeremy
    You are correct, don't do deadlifts because holding the heavy weight can tend to put strain on the AC joint. Squats are ok if you use a smiths machine where you don't really have to use your arms for stability. Also, use a leg press so it becomes a lower body movement exclusively.
    I don't think putting any part of my shoulder under stress is a smart idea for me though, which is why I'm hesitant of doing smith squats. The leg press I might be able to.

I have a "bump" at the AC joint because they removed some of the clavical and now it is very prominant at the joint. When I have my shirt off you can see the distal clavical sticking up slightly.
    See, I have a bump too at the AC Joint, but that is the nature of my injury.
    I never really healed from the injury. I felt really good after the first surgery and started lifting heavy and making good gains. After about 1.5 years the pain started creeping back in. 6 years after the first surgery it got so intense that I decided to go under the knife again. I was told that there was a possibility that it could get worse after the surgery and sure enough, it got worse. The most I can use while doing lateral raises is 15lbs now. I have pain when moving my shoulder in certain movements, even without weight. As far as recovery time, it takes a couple months before you can begin strengthening exercises that consist of band exercises. If you do end up having surgery, do not rush it. You may feel good but don't get back into the heavy stuff. You may end up like me with an arthritic condition all over again in the joint.
    This kind of doesn't make me feel any better. I'm only 16, I don't want a permanent injury.

Stats: 5'4", 142 lbs
    BodyPoints: 1150
    KarIzMa is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) KarIzMa is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) KarIzMa is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) KarIzMa is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) KarIzMa is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) KarIzMa is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) KarIzMa is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) KarIzMa is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) KarIzMa is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) KarIzMa is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) KarIzMa is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Visit KarIzMa's BodySpace

An animal med/ store

Go to a vet store. Any place that sells animal meds.

Visit AJ010's BodySpace
    Originally Posted by KarIzMa
    Go to a vet store. Any place that sells animal meds.
    Like Petsco?

Stats: 5'10", 200 lbs
    ericbatt is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Visit ericbatt's BodySpace
    Excellent advice to this question. I have an inflamed AC joint and spoke to my chiropractor about it. He suggested to ditch the military presses immediately. Actually, he suggetsed very limited overhead movements because of shoulder impingement, and to enjoy longterm shoulder health. If you want to find a very useful shoulder workout to replace overhead movements I would suggest Defranco's Shoulder Shocker.

frontsquating has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) frontsquating has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) frontsquating has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) frontsquating has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) frontsquating has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) frontsquating has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) frontsquating has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) frontsquating has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) frontsquating has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) frontsquating has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) frontsquating has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    How did you injure your AC joint in the first place?

Stats: 6'2", 192 lbs
    Reveen has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Reveen has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Reveen has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Reveen has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Reveen has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Reveen has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Reveen has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Reveen has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Reveen has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Reveen has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Reveen has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit Reveen's BodySpace
    Been there.

Look into "broomstick shoulder stretching"

I had a mild separation and inflamed AC . . . was out for about 8 months. Still can only use hammer strength machine for shoulders (feelsbadman) and still can only sleep on one side. Oh well, I'm old anywhey and at least I can still lift.
    "For monkeys to speak of truth is hubris of the highest degree. Where is it writ large that talking-monkeys should be able to model the cosmos? If a sea urchin or a raccoon were to propose to you that it had a viable truth about the universe, the absurdity of that assertion would be self-evident, but in our case we make an exception."
    —Terence McKenna

eat the mushroom

** KNEE DRAGGERS UNITE **