Mr_Scribblez has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Protein Shakes + Throwing Up!

When I started drinking alot of protein shakes I noticed they were giving me diareha, well when I switched to NLarge2 my diareha wasn't as bad as normal and I started taking diary digestive pills to help me digest my protein shakes+milk.

Well recently I switched to a new gainer called Matrix Gainer by ISS Research, my diareha is a bit worse but to boot I have thrown up this shake twice, and I have noticed that if I drink a rather large shake before bed I will get rather sick throughout the night, and wake up with gas. Well the first time I has just finished a huge shake which was a bit to big and right when I finished it I threw all of it up. The second time was last night I finished drinking the shake then went straight to bed. I woke up and felt horrible, and had extremely bad gas. Was up for about a few minutes then I threw up.

I drank the protein shake at around 1:45 pm and woke up at around 4:30 and threw up. Since Whey protein is quick absorbing would my body have absorbed all of the protein within that amount of time?

Registered User FemaleTeenBBldr's Avatar
    FemaleTeenBBldr will become famous soon enough. (+50) FemaleTeenBBldr will become famous soon enough. (+50) FemaleTeenBBldr will become famous soon enough. (+50) FemaleTeenBBldr will become famous soon enough. (+50) FemaleTeenBBldr will become famous soon enough. (+50) FemaleTeenBBldr will become famous soon enough. (+50) FemaleTeenBBldr will become famous soon enough. (+50) FemaleTeenBBldr will become famous soon enough. (+50) FemaleTeenBBldr will become famous soon enough. (+50) FemaleTeenBBldr will become famous soon enough. (+50) FemaleTeenBBldr will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    dude that really sucks! No one likes throwing up-especially exspensive protein mix! I suggest you find another type of protein source instead of protein shakes. If the protein mix isn't agreeing with your body and making you throw it up, just stop drinking it. Or-maybe try Soy Protein....I dunno? If I was you, I stop drinking that ****. I stopped. I used to drink three protein shakes a day (whey) and everytime I'd get a f**king stomach ache!!! I finally said screw it and stopped drinking the ****! It never made me throw up-but it made me feel really urpeeee, ya know. I dont think our bodies were even meant to digest that stuff...but whatever. Try soy protein-tofu is good too!
    <<.,.~`-*Veronika*-`~.,.>>

LordNeon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LordNeon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LordNeon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LordNeon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LordNeon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LordNeon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LordNeon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LordNeon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LordNeon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LordNeon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LordNeon has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    You could try other protein powders, like milk/egg combos or even rice protein powders ... these proteins aren't of as high quality as whey, but they're still better than nothing. And, of course, you could go for the ultimate meal-replacement powder replacements, sometimes known as "food" - tuna, cottage cheese, eggs, etc.

TheGMF has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheGMF has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheGMF has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheGMF has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheGMF has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheGMF has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheGMF has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheGMF has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheGMF has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheGMF has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheGMF has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I hate vomit in every form, not that it varies much, but vomit is my kryptonite.

Anyways, I'd suggest trying different brands or just eating a lot of high protein foods. Do you know if it is the taste that makes you vomit, or is it something with your stomach?
    Love the pain,
    Love the gain.

Mr_Scribblez has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    It's not the taste, it has to do with my stomach. Well am going to slowly finish off the Gainer Matrix and go back to NLarge2 which didn't cause me any problems.

institutional is just really nice. (+1000) institutional is just really nice. (+1000) institutional is just really nice. (+1000) institutional is just really nice. (+1000) institutional is just really nice. (+1000) institutional is just really nice. (+1000) institutional is just really nice. (+1000) institutional is just really nice. (+1000) institutional is just really nice. (+1000) institutional is just really nice. (+1000) institutional is just really nice. (+1000)
    try tuna, or chicken for your protien. and u should save ur vomit and package it, and when u build back your tolerance to whey, drink it!!!!!

just playiin dude!

Dr Of Golf is just really nice. (+1000) Dr Of Golf is just really nice. (+1000) Dr Of Golf is just really nice. (+1000) Dr Of Golf is just really nice. (+1000) Dr Of Golf is just really nice. (+1000) Dr Of Golf is just really nice. (+1000) Dr Of Golf is just really nice. (+1000) Dr Of Golf is just really nice. (+1000) Dr Of Golf is just really nice. (+1000) Dr Of Golf is just really nice. (+1000) Dr Of Golf is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally posted by institutional
    try tuna, or chicken for your protien. and u should save ur vomit and package it, and when u build back your tolerance to whey, drink it!!!!!

Doc

Mod @ Muscle Chemistry
    Vet @ Body Building Central
    Disclaimer - Dr of Golf in no way promotes the use of androgenic/anabolic steroids and/or any prescription drug without an authorized physician's prescription. All of my comments, questions and/or referrals are striclty for entertainment purposes only!

adonis will become famous soon enough. (+50) adonis will become famous soon enough. (+50) adonis will become famous soon enough. (+50) adonis will become famous soon enough. (+50) adonis will become famous soon enough. (+50) adonis will become famous soon enough. (+50) adonis will become famous soon enough. (+50) adonis will become famous soon enough. (+50) adonis will become famous soon enough. (+50) adonis will become famous soon enough. (+50) adonis will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    sounds delicious

JCL will become famous soon enough. (+50) JCL will become famous soon enough. (+50) JCL will become famous soon enough. (+50) JCL will become famous soon enough. (+50) JCL will become famous soon enough. (+50) JCL will become famous soon enough. (+50) JCL will become famous soon enough. (+50) JCL will become famous soon enough. (+50) JCL will become famous soon enough. (+50) JCL will become famous soon enough. (+50) JCL will become famous soon enough. (+50)

:)

you are lactose intolerant....

drink your shakes with water
    Portugal!!!! euro2004

Bugs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Eat The Good Stuff

I agree with Mr. Institution , eat the good potein stuff like eggs , chicken and fish . Do you know the magic of the egg ? You will absorb 88% of the protein from eggs , that's more then any other food source .And fish is a dead second. Not enough time , cook up some chicken cutlets ahead of time , store in the fridge for a protein shot or stop on the way home from the gym at a local Chinese take out for a order of steamed chicken and brooccoli . Nothing better and cheaper then live protein ....

P.S. Them "dead" protein shakes go right through me too ....

adonis will become famous soon enough. (+50) adonis will become famous soon enough. (+50) adonis will become famous soon enough. (+50) adonis will become famous soon enough. (+50) adonis will become famous soon enough. (+50) adonis will become famous soon enough. (+50) adonis will become famous soon enough. (+50) adonis will become famous soon enough. (+50) adonis will become famous soon enough. (+50) adonis will become famous soon enough. (+50) adonis will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    yeah, drink your shakes with water
    if u want u can add cream
    which is just pure fat.

good quality whey should have little or no lactose

Giving souls to clones!!! miked512's Avatar
    miked512 is on a distinguished road. (+10) miked512 is on a distinguished road. (+10) miked512 is on a distinguished road. (+10) miked512 is on a distinguished road. (+10) miked512 is on a distinguished road. (+10) miked512 is on a distinguished road. (+10) miked512 is on a distinguished road. (+10) miked512 is on a distinguished road. (+10) miked512 is on a distinguished road. (+10) miked512 is on a distinguished road. (+10) miked512 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    That vomiting shakes sounds bad. Your lactose intolerance is worse than mine. Then again, my lactose intolerance is psycho****tic so I really don't have any problems. What did stop my diarrhea (or stopped my mind from getting diarrhea) was lactaid, mixing with water, and/or just drink it and keep drinking it until my body just says "Fine, I'll let you keep the stuff in me".

The soy protein is supposedly a bad idea because it increases estrogen production. I never had any problems with soy when I took it, but well, I did gain a lot of weight when I mixed it with whey and my gut grew as well. Then again, that could have been the high prednisone dosage as well.
    "Imagination is the doorway to the Infinite. You begin by pondering what is supposedly unreal - then it becomes real."

Dr Of Golf is just really nice. (+1000) Dr Of Golf is just really nice. (+1000) Dr Of Golf is just really nice. (+1000) Dr Of Golf is just really nice. (+1000) Dr Of Golf is just really nice. (+1000) Dr Of Golf is just really nice. (+1000) Dr Of Golf is just really nice. (+1000) Dr Of Golf is just really nice. (+1000) Dr Of Golf is just really nice. (+1000) Dr Of Golf is just really nice. (+1000) Dr Of Golf is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally posted by miked512
    That vomiting shakes sounds bad. Your lactose intolerance is worse than mine. Then again, my lactose intolerance is psycho****tic so I really don't have any problems. What did stop my diarrhea (or stopped my mind from getting diarrhea) was lactaid, mixing with water, and/or just drink it and keep drinking it until my body just says "Fine, I'll let you keep the stuff in me".

The soy protein is supposedly a bad idea because it increases estrogen production. I never had any problems with soy when I took it, but well, I did gain a lot of weight when I mixed it with whey and my gut grew as well. Then again, that could have been the high prednisone dosage as well.

That prednisone will definitely put the weight on. It's some great stuff for many medical conditions, but the side effects like weight gain, increased appetite, and water retention really sucks.

As for soy, "SILK" milk, which is soy, is completely lactose free and works very well. That 6 or 8 ounces will not cause any real estrogen problems. You'd have to take a lot more than that small amount, I'm sure.

Just my two cents worth!
    Doc

Mod @ Muscle Chemistry
    Vet @ Body Building Central
    Disclaimer - Dr of Golf in no way promotes the use of androgenic/anabolic steroids and/or any prescription drug without an authorized physician's prescription. All of my comments, questions and/or referrals are striclty for entertainment purposes only!

Colin is just really nice. (+1000) Colin is just really nice. (+1000) Colin is just really nice. (+1000) Colin is just really nice. (+1000) Colin is just really nice. (+1000) Colin is just really nice. (+1000) Colin is just really nice. (+1000) Colin is just really nice. (+1000) Colin is just really nice. (+1000) Colin is just really nice. (+1000) Colin is just really nice. (+1000)
    I'd cut out protein shakes before bed and go back to the brand that gave you less problems.At night eat some cottage cheese along with a tablspoon of flax seed oil,the casien protein from the cottage cheese is MUCH better than a whey shake because it will breakdown over a few hours.I eat a fat free yogurt with the cotage cheese to kill the taste of the cottage cheese,it works pretty well.

comicsnerd is not very well liked. (-100) comicsnerd is not very well liked. (-100) comicsnerd is not very well liked. (-100) comicsnerd is not very well liked. (-100) comicsnerd is not very well liked. (-100) comicsnerd is not very well liked. (-100) comicsnerd is not very well liked. (-100) comicsnerd is not very well liked. (-100) comicsnerd is not very well liked. (-100) comicsnerd is not very well liked. (-100) comicsnerd is not very well liked. (-100)
    Yeah dude I just threw up a protien shake a couple minutes ago... Yuck!

MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by comicsnerd View Post
    Yeah dude I just threw up a protien shake a couple minutes ago... Yuck!
    Cool story, bro. You were 5 years old the last time this thread was posted to.
    "It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled.”

― Mark Twain

Connor1226 is just really nice. (+1000) Connor1226 is just really nice. (+1000) Connor1226 is just really nice. (+1000) Connor1226 is just really nice. (+1000) Connor1226 is just really nice. (+1000) Connor1226 is just really nice. (+1000) Connor1226 is just really nice. (+1000) Connor1226 is just really nice. (+1000) Connor1226 is just really nice. (+1000) Connor1226 is just really nice. (+1000) Connor1226 is just really nice. (+1000)
    People are really this obvious?
    I like personal responsibility and accountability. When you admit you are the problem you are simultaneously admitting you are the solution.

Jennprice619 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Unhappy

I know this post is super old but hoping someone can help me! I've been drinking the cellucore whey protein for over a month now and the last 2 days I have thrown up eveytime I drink it. Why the sudden change?

Maz1232 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hello, did you find the solution for your protein problem? Because i have the same problem!