Personal Trainer Toronto AthleticMachine's Avatar
    AthleticMachine has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

What exercises should I focus on for 400m sprint?

Could someone tell me three or four exercises to focus on at the gym to improve my times in the 400m. Right now I'm running at around 51 secs., I know I can do much better.

Registered User Juvenile Jonesy's Avatar
    Juvenile Jonesy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Id suggest doing leg press, donkey raises, and squats. But do about 25 reps if your doing it as a runner so you tone and not add as much weight. Im just like you but I run 100m and 200m, I weigh about 131lbs and leg press 520lbs. It seems to help a lot.
    Youngz

Chris_25 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Chris_25 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Chris_25 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Chris_25 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Chris_25 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Chris_25 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Chris_25 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Chris_25 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Chris_25 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Chris_25 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Chris_25 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I wouldn't forget about your upperbody. Your arms and other bodyparts of your upperbody are just as important if not more important than the legs in running. First talk to your coach and make sure your running with perfect form. For instance your keeping your elbow at a 90 degree angle and your not crossing your arms when you swing them. Also, for legs make sure you don't glide. Push forcefully through your quads and that should make you faster. Thats just some information I've got from my coaches and other sources. Exercises I would recommend would be cleans, snatches and other olympic type movements because they have been proved to increase explosion. Make sure you do those exercises as fast as possible so that means you can't be an egomaniac and put on tons of weight. Now those exercises are great for all bodyparts. Hope I helped some.

Pro Natural Bodybuilder FATHER FLEX's Avatar
    FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I just recently got down to a late 47.9..I am tired and don't want to get into it, but you can pm and we can chat.

p.s. real men do the 400...hardest race in track and field.
    Last edited by FATHER FLEX; 08-09-2002 at 05:22 PM.
    100% Natural Bodybuilding!
    http://www.3dmusclejourney.com/

Where there are no men be a man.

Even a genius asks questions.

Knowledge is the child of confusion.