waterbuckat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Behind the neck military press ok for baseball?

If I do behind the neck military press but only down to a little below the top of my head will it hurt my rotator cuff? Should I be doing rotator cuff exercises? Should I do them before a shoulder workout or after?
    Jesus said to him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life, No one comes to the Father except through me." John 14:6

[url=http://www.abcbodybuilding.com/forum/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB5&Number=283489&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1]My Journal[/url]

God Bless!

Smitty285 is just really nice. (+1000) Smitty285 is just really nice. (+1000) Smitty285 is just really nice. (+1000) Smitty285 is just really nice. (+1000) Smitty285 is just really nice. (+1000) Smitty285 is just really nice. (+1000) Smitty285 is just really nice. (+1000) Smitty285 is just really nice. (+1000) Smitty285 is just really nice. (+1000) Smitty285 is just really nice. (+1000) Smitty285 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Don't go behind the head, go in front. Going behind is bad for anybody, especially baseball players.
    But a true champion, face to face with his darkest hour, will do whatever it takes to rise above. A man fights, and fights, and then fights some more. Because surrender is death, and death is for pussies.

Dr Of Golf is just really nice. (+1000) Dr Of Golf is just really nice. (+1000) Dr Of Golf is just really nice. (+1000) Dr Of Golf is just really nice. (+1000) Dr Of Golf is just really nice. (+1000) Dr Of Golf is just really nice. (+1000) Dr Of Golf is just really nice. (+1000) Dr Of Golf is just really nice. (+1000) Dr Of Golf is just really nice. (+1000) Dr Of Golf is just really nice. (+1000) Dr Of Golf is just really nice. (+1000)

Re: Behind the neck military press ok for baseball?

Originally posted by waterbuckat
    Should I be doing rotator cuff exercises? Should I do them before a shoulder workout or after?

If you are doing any kind of repetitive throwing, then YES, you should do rotator cuff exercises. It's always best to do them after your workout. There are some great examples of them here on bb.com in the article section.

Hope that helps.
    Doc

Mod @ Muscle Chemistry
    Vet @ Body Building Central
    Disclaimer - Dr of Golf in no way promotes the use of androgenic/anabolic steroids and/or any prescription drug without an authorized physician's prescription. All of my comments, questions and/or referrals are striclty for entertainment purposes only!

Dr Of Golf is just really nice. (+1000) Dr Of Golf is just really nice. (+1000) Dr Of Golf is just really nice. (+1000) Dr Of Golf is just really nice. (+1000) Dr Of Golf is just really nice. (+1000) Dr Of Golf is just really nice. (+1000) Dr Of Golf is just really nice. (+1000) Dr Of Golf is just really nice. (+1000) Dr Of Golf is just really nice. (+1000) Dr Of Golf is just really nice. (+1000) Dr Of Golf is just really nice. (+1000)
    Here's a good article and examples of rotator cuff exercises.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/luis4.htm

Good luck in your endeavors!
    Doc

Mod @ Muscle Chemistry
    Vet @ Body Building Central
    Disclaimer - Dr of Golf in no way promotes the use of androgenic/anabolic steroids and/or any prescription drug without an authorized physician's prescription. All of my comments, questions and/or referrals are striclty for entertainment purposes only!