Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    smartjuicer has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

my biceps have no curve they are flat

my bi's are 16" but have absolutly no shape to them at all. i have nice pecs (huge) nice shoulders lats quads, triceps but my bi's suck, even though i train them hardcore. i have no arc its like a skinny kids arms but biger no arc.and its like i train them better than any other body part. is it something i am doing wrong? i am tall 6"5 so maybe i have long arms making them appear smaller.

any ideas?

( S I C ) will become famous soon enough. (+50) ( S I C ) will become famous soon enough. (+50) ( S I C ) will become famous soon enough. (+50) ( S I C ) will become famous soon enough. (+50) ( S I C ) will become famous soon enough. (+50) ( S I C ) will become famous soon enough. (+50) ( S I C ) will become famous soon enough. (+50) ( S I C ) will become famous soon enough. (+50) ( S I C ) will become famous soon enough. (+50) ( S I C ) will become famous soon enough. (+50) ( S I C ) will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I guess I'll be the first one to break it to you...

genetics.

The "peak" of your bicep depends greatly on your genetics. Training has nothing to do with this.
    ( S I C )

damn, all these years of research and i didnt come across that.

idk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) idk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) idk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) idk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    besides that, concentration curls, preacher curls, and high cable curls.

V5RED is a jewel in the rough. (+500) V5RED is a jewel in the rough. (+500) V5RED is a jewel in the rough. (+500) V5RED is a jewel in the rough. (+500) V5RED is a jewel in the rough. (+500) V5RED is a jewel in the rough. (+500) V5RED is a jewel in the rough. (+500) V5RED is a jewel in the rough. (+500) V5RED is a jewel in the rough. (+500) V5RED is a jewel in the rough. (+500) V5RED is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    16" biceps on a 6'5 frame are not very big at all, that is why they have no shape to them

with regard to genetics, he didnt say he doesnt have a bulging peak, which is genetic, he said he has no bulge at all, which all people have the potential to achieve (barring those missing limbs or with some disorder)

CaGray88 is just really nice. (+1000) CaGray88 is just really nice. (+1000) CaGray88 is just really nice. (+1000) CaGray88 is just really nice. (+1000) CaGray88 is just really nice. (+1000) CaGray88 is just really nice. (+1000) CaGray88 is just really nice. (+1000) CaGray88 is just really nice. (+1000) CaGray88 is just really nice. (+1000) CaGray88 is just really nice. (+1000) CaGray88 is just really nice. (+1000)
    I'm the complete opposite.....I think it's genetic.

swordfish7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) swordfish7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) swordfish7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) swordfish7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) swordfish7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) swordfish7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) swordfish7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) swordfish7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) swordfish7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) swordfish7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) swordfish7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

preachers

i've heard that preachers will build the peak of your bicep. If you watch the muscle flex while you lift you will see that your bicep starts to bunch up and peak at about a 90 degree angle. Maybe you could try focusing on the upper portion of the curl. Do partial curls or something.

good luck!
    "vegetarians only eat life forms that can't run, hide, or defend themselves"

I rep back

MaNlEt MafIa MemBer #1 dodigago's Avatar
    dodigago is a name known to all. (+5000) dodigago is a name known to all. (+5000) dodigago is a name known to all. (+5000) dodigago is a name known to all. (+5000) dodigago is a name known to all. (+5000) dodigago is a name known to all. (+5000) dodigago is a name known to all. (+5000) dodigago is a name known to all. (+5000) dodigago is a name known to all. (+5000) dodigago is a name known to all. (+5000) dodigago is a name known to all. (+5000)
    um I can say that I have ( soon might be able to change it to had) the same problem

the only thing that made any difference for me were the EZ Bar Wide Grip Curls

Somebody in the forums recommended them to me when I posted the EXACT SAME TOPIC and I started doing them and ive seen some nice changes in the shape of my bi's...

basically you get the EZ Bar but instead of gripping where its designed to be gripped..you grip the wide edges..youll know what I mean when you try it.

Just a Wide Grip EZ Bar Curl... Feels akward at first but youll get used to it

CaGray88 is just really nice. (+1000) CaGray88 is just really nice. (+1000) CaGray88 is just really nice. (+1000) CaGray88 is just really nice. (+1000) CaGray88 is just really nice. (+1000) CaGray88 is just really nice. (+1000) CaGray88 is just really nice. (+1000) CaGray88 is just really nice. (+1000) CaGray88 is just really nice. (+1000) CaGray88 is just really nice. (+1000) CaGray88 is just really nice. (+1000)
    I do ez bar curls/preacher curls/db curls and my biceps have a nice peak on them.

Saviour will become famous soon enough. (+50) Saviour will become famous soon enough. (+50) Saviour will become famous soon enough. (+50) Saviour will become famous soon enough. (+50) Saviour will become famous soon enough. (+50) Saviour will become famous soon enough. (+50) Saviour will become famous soon enough. (+50) Saviour will become famous soon enough. (+50) Saviour will become famous soon enough. (+50) Saviour will become famous soon enough. (+50) Saviour will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    need to see pics so we can give better advices
    Self improvement is masturbation.

BRADP2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BRADP2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BRADP2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BRADP2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BRADP2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BRADP2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BRADP2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BRADP2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BRADP2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BRADP2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BRADP2 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    It's pretty much genetic, one of my biceps has 2 peaks . Im not kidding. You cant see the first one unless you look really close, but its there

RockyIV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RockyIV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RockyIV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RockyIV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RockyIV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RockyIV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RockyIV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RockyIV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RockyIV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RockyIV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RockyIV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I'm the same way, but I've been doing preacher curl partials to help the peak. I've seen some results after doing this for a month. Give it a try.

gbtraditions has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) gbtraditions has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Great post. I too have the same problem. My arms are solid, but my bi's have always been my weak link and my tri's have always been my strong link. Starting today on my workout, I'm gonna try partial preachers. I know that genetics have a lot to do with it because my buddy and all five, or six of his brothers have big bi's. But I laugh because they also have the chicken legs to go along with them and zero shoulders. So I'll stick with my big, flat bi's.

Sh0t` has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sh0t` has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sh0t` has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sh0t` has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sh0t` has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sh0t` has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sh0t` has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sh0t` has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sh0t` has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sh0t` has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sh0t` has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    you guys probably have long tendons and short muscle bellies, which is of course, a genetic issue

try using a barbell(or maybe those wide grip curl bar curls suggested above) but try for a grip that is 2.5 fists wider than shoulder width on each side,

Pin your elbows to your side, use the shoulder+5 fists width grip and try those for a few sessions/weeks
    use a high rep structure(a day one)

then, do some kind of max effort(meaing 1 rep maximum or in that area) suppinated rowing/chinning to build up tonus in your biceps to see if that helps bring them out more(a day two, 72hours later)
    Last edited by Sh0t`; 06-08-2005 at 07:05 AM. Reason: added stuff

Seph647 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Seph647 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Seph647 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Seph647 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Seph647 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Seph647 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Seph647 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Seph647 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Seph647 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Seph647 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Seph647 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Add some more mass to your bis. Barbell Curls, Hammer Curls, Preacher Curls all the way.

linges316 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) linges316 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) linges316 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) linges316 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) linges316 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) linges316 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) linges316 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

small

16 inch on a 6'5" frame is rather small, i own a pair of 16.5 inch biceps with 5'10" height and i can hardly notice any peak.....up your weight buddy, by the way, if your arms are 16 inches, how can that you have other nice bodyparts?? im puzzled......

BigMace255 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BigMace255 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BigMace255 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BigMace255 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BigMace255 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BigMace255 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BigMace255 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BigMace255 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BigMace255 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BigMace255 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BigMace255 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by swordfish7
    i've heard that preachers will build the peak of your bicep. If you watch the muscle flex while you lift you will see that your bicep starts to bunch up and peak at about a 90 degree angle. Maybe you could try focusing on the upper portion of the curl. Do partial curls or something.

good luck!

I always thought the lower portion worked the peak of your bicep.
    Work hard, play harder, lift hardest.

gbtraditions has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) gbtraditions has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by Seph647
    Add some more mass to your bis. Barbell Curls, Hammer Curls, Preacher Curls all the way.
    I already do all those, in one of my two bi's workouts. Adding mass is great, but having a thick flat bi looks kind of retarded when my tri's are two mellons hanging there. We are just looking for some slope on our bi's. Like stated, genetics has a lot to do with it, but some measures can be taken to atleast attempt or gaijn some slope. Until this post, I never really thought much could be done. I knew it was genetics and have attempted many things.

failuretogain has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) failuretogain has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) failuretogain has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) failuretogain has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) failuretogain has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) failuretogain has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) failuretogain has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I really doubt you have a great chest and shoulders with no biceps unless thats the only muscles you train. You need to pump that back and bicep to earn them genetics or not everyone has the muscles. Just because everyone has a different shape doesnt mean you still cant get huge ****ed up looking biceps. Nobody care if you got a peak or not just build them.

John Fenwick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) John Fenwick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) John Fenwick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) John Fenwick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) John Fenwick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) John Fenwick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) John Fenwick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) John Fenwick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) John Fenwick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) John Fenwick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) John Fenwick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Stay away from hammers or at least 1 or 2 sets max and focus on Nailing some heavy close grip preachers with the olympic bar, this will bulk up your peak no end.
    2nd place is the 1st loser.

Originally Posted by linges316
    16 inch on a 6'5" frame is rather small, i own a pair of 16.5 inch biceps with 5'10" height and i can hardly notice any peak.....up your weight buddy, by the way, if your arms are 16 inches, how can that you have other nice bodyparts?? im puzzled......

they are flat thats why they dont measure bigger. when i flex/contract them nothing happens, they look the same. its a joke. picture your biceps with out the peak then picture measuring them. mine would have an extra few inches if they had the peak.

wow thanks

Originally Posted by dodigago
    um I can say that I have ( soon might be able to change it to had) the same problem

the only thing that made any difference for me were the EZ Bar Wide Grip Curls

Somebody in the forums recommended them to me when I posted the EXACT SAME TOPIC and I started doing them and ive seen some nice changes in the shape of my bi's...

basically you get the EZ Bar but instead of gripping where its designed to be gripped..you grip the wide edges..youll know what I mean when you try it.

Just a Wide Grip EZ Bar Curl... Feels akward at first but youll get used to it

i tried it tand it felt way different than normal, hope it works

V5RED is a jewel in the rough. (+500) V5RED is a jewel in the rough. (+500) V5RED is a jewel in the rough. (+500) V5RED is a jewel in the rough. (+500) V5RED is a jewel in the rough. (+500) V5RED is a jewel in the rough. (+500) V5RED is a jewel in the rough. (+500) V5RED is a jewel in the rough. (+500) V5RED is a jewel in the rough. (+500) V5RED is a jewel in the rough. (+500) V5RED is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by smartjuicer
    they are flat thats why they dont measure bigger. when i flex/contract them nothing happens, they look the same. its a joke. picture your biceps with out the peak then picture measuring them. mine would have an extra few inches if they had the peak.
    they are tiny thats y they are flat, what do you weigh? 180? 150? doubt its more than that unless ur holding alot of fat

post your diet, if you really wanna make those arms a noticable size, thats what needs to be fixed first

LaTech has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LaTech has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LaTech has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LaTech has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LaTech has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LaTech has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LaTech has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LaTech has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LaTech has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LaTech has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LaTech has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Shape and arc of your bicep will rely heavily on your bodyfat percentage.

Originally Posted by V5RED
    they are tiny thats y they are flat, what do you weigh? 180? 150? doubt its more than that unless ur holding alot of fat

post your diet, if you really wanna make those arms a noticable size, thats what needs to be fixed first
    i whey 216 dumbass

LaTech has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LaTech has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LaTech has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LaTech has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LaTech has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LaTech has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LaTech has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LaTech has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LaTech has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LaTech has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LaTech has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i whey 216 dumbass
    Chill out man. He's trying to help you. We can't help if you don't provide us with enough information. So we have to assume if the only time you make an appearance is to call someone a dumbass. Sounds to me like you are too high bf % if you ask me, but I don't have much info to go on. Don't call me a dumbass...

i whey 216 dumbass
    im not trying to be a "nice" guy, its in my nature to be an @sshole, but if you post your diet, i can fix it to make your biceps look like biceps

Location: ŋј,υѕα ŋј,υѕα ŋј,υѕα ŋј,υѕα ŋј,υѕα ŋј,υѕα ŋј,υѕα ŋ&#1112
    LAWofNJ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LAWofNJ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LAWofNJ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LAWofNJ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LAWofNJ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LAWofNJ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LAWofNJ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LAWofNJ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LAWofNJ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LAWofNJ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LAWofNJ has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    i whey 216 dumbass
    dont learn your grammar from whey protein labels please and 216 at 6'5" isn't really much. Try bulking, and working out more to see the results.
    nj all day

k sorry my bad

TipTopShape has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    6'5 216 can be a very good weight, wasn't Michael Jordan 6'6 220 ? its all about like the other guy said about your body fat and how lean your muscle is, it could be gentic it could not, when I first started lifting I developed biceps very quick without to much work at all, maybe you should see a personal trainer and see what you can do about that, if not work around it, even though its funny the way you say it, see ya