Carl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Carl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Carl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

What's best for beginners?

I've worked out off and on in the past but never stuck with it until recently. I've been lifting for six months now, which is the longest sustained time ever for me.

I have the type of body where I'm never going to have a V-shape, and I'm really more interested in lifting heavy weights than looking good on the beach.

Right now I'm 4 weeks into an 8 week cycle on the 3x3 program.
    http://www.deepsquatter.com/strength/archives/korte.htm
    I feel like I'm making progress, but wonder if something else would be better after I finish this 8 week cycle?

I've heard a lot of you recommend the Westside stuff, but when I read it, I don't seem to have the equipment to do it. All I have is free weights, a bench, and a squat rack in my basement. For instance a large part of Westside is doing reverse hypers almost every workout.

Is there a way to adapt this? Should I try something completely different? Stick with the 3x3?

Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks.

i just did the 3x3 myself a couple months ago and got great results from it. i actually beat my projected max by 15 pounds! your on the right track bro, after you finish up the 3x3 continue a PL routine... i can help you with a good split and routine if youd like....

Carl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Carl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Carl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Yeah that would be great. I love how simple the 3x3 is, but simple turns into boring after 8 weeks of the same three exercises.

I'd like to something like this westside routine:
    Max Effort SQ and DL
    1 max effort exercise
    1 exercise for your weak points
    Reverse Hypers
    Abs
    [you will always do reverse hypers and abs, so you only need to figure out the first two exercises]

Speed Squat and Deadlift Day
    Box squat
    1 exercise for your weak area
    Reverse hypers
    Abs
    [you will always do reverse hypers and abs, so you only need to figure out the first two exercises]

Max Effort Bench
    1 max effort exercise
    1 or 2 tricep exercise [must always do some kind of extension]
    1 delt exercise [ presses sometimes, but mostly rear delts (this is to keep internal/external rotation balance)]
    you can also do reverse hypers light and abs

Speed bench
    bench press
    1 tricep exercise [some kind of extension]
    very little delt work [ such as 2 sets side raises]
    reverse hypers and abs (light)

The things I would need alternatives for would be. I don't have anything to do reverse hypers on. I don't have a box or chair that would work for box squats. Beyond that the rest seems doable with just free weights. If you have favorite exercises when they ask for various delt/tri/ab exercises it would be a big help.

Or if you were thinking of something totally different, run it by me. I appreciate the help.

Thanks.

Dawg is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Dawg is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Dawg is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Dawg is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Dawg is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Dawg is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Dawg is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Dawg is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Dawg is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Dawg is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Dawg is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Actually, you could do reverse hypers on a roman chair...obviously, you won't have the weight but for starters work on speed....or if you can't do them, then good mornings and normal hypers are fine (weighted ones are better).

As for box squats....If your gym has a step aerobics class, grab one of those platforms or the 'legs' that the platform rests on. I'll grab four of those and a 35lbs plate and use that as a 'box'

Or, just mark where your squat breaks parallel (go down into the hole and mark on a wall somewhere) and make sure you're always going that low when you do speed squats. Keep in mind that you're not going to be using super heavy weights on your speed squats so getting down below parallel shouldn't be too bad. Although, some sort of box is always a good thing!

Later

Location: Bangor, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    power_just has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) power_just has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) power_just has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) power_just has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) power_just has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) power_just has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) power_just has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) power_just has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Lightbulb the boy is back in town and ready for kicking ass!

bud...my name is justin aka power_just, u say u dont have the v-shape....well thats what everyone thinks people wont get..i am a competitive p/l...i proved loads of prics wrong from the strength side to the v shape...I squat now 302.5kg bench 185kg and deadlift 285kg...**** them...u see where i am coming from.

I have a P/L programme that lasts 13weeks of strict deadication..i got really strong on it. and lost weight..but that was intential as i needed to as i was training for a meet. but if u eat like **** u will get strong....u wont belive it.

If u like i can write up the programme....dont worry it's free i am trying to get in the practice as i am hoping to start up my own gym in 2yrs...als i need is ur 1rm for the following lifts:

Squat: below paralle using knee raps + belt only
    Bench: paused on cehst/no bounce
    dead/l: no equipmnet-dont use a belt i will expalin later/ and please no ****ING hand raps/ they only weaken ones grip.

The course is on a 3 day basis:

Monday: squats
    Tuesaday or wednesday: bench
    Thursday or Friday: deadlift
    Sat - Sun rest - eat like a pig

now if u dont have deadication dont bother as it is the best course i have ever done...and i ganerantee u that it works.

hope to here from u...good luck and have a good christmas and a happy new year.

Robert is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Robert is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Robert is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Robert is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Robert is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Robert is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Robert is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Robert is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Robert is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Robert is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Robert is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Talking

Merry Christmas.

Peace
    Don't quit it just cuz you can't lift it- Farma
    "Wanna get big? stop lookin and start workin!"- Farma
    "Quality not quanity applies to a lot of things; bodybuilding is one of those things" - Farma
    Psalm 23 "Fear No evil!"
    "The O.S.R has begun, we're taken out anyone in the way!!" - Farma

power_just

Yeah I'll give it a shot. I just started the 5th week of the 3x3, 8 week program. So I'll be looking to try something new in four weeks.

BMF, on the first week of low volume technique work of the 3x3 program, did it seem incredibly too easy? I just finished working out and I didn't even break a sweat.

Location: Bangor, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    power_just has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) power_just has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) power_just has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) power_just has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) power_just has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) power_just has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) power_just has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) power_just has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Wink will need ur stats for the following carl

i need ur 1rm for the following lifts:

Squat: below paralle using knee raps + belt only

Bench: pause on chest/no bounce

dead/l: no equipmnet-dont use a belt i will expalin later/ and please no and raps/ they only weaken ones grip.

thejusty_special@hotmail.com

9 years and counting... MuscleTex's Avatar
    MuscleTex is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MuscleTex is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MuscleTex is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MuscleTex is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MuscleTex is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MuscleTex is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MuscleTex is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MuscleTex is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MuscleTex is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MuscleTex is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MuscleTex is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    has anyone tried power_just's program?
    Find out who's a virgin....

[url]http://forum.bodybuilding.com/poll.php?do=showresults&pollid=7326[/url]

!Karins Xtreme Powerwear! Deejay_Spike's Avatar
    Deejay_Spike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Deejay_Spike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Deejay_Spike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Deejay_Spike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Deejay_Spike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Deejay_Spike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Deejay_Spike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Deejay_Spike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Deejay_Spike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Deejay_Spike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Deejay_Spike has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    power_just is quite strong indeed....

i'd like to lift that too when i reach 21 years.... heck, i got time

no i didn't try it.

MuscleTex is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MuscleTex is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MuscleTex is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MuscleTex is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MuscleTex is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MuscleTex is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MuscleTex is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MuscleTex is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MuscleTex is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MuscleTex is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MuscleTex is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    i emailed him a while ago but never got a reply. just was wondering what his program was like.

Deejay_Spike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Deejay_Spike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Deejay_Spike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Deejay_Spike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Deejay_Spike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Deejay_Spike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Deejay_Spike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Deejay_Spike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Deejay_Spike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Deejay_Spike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Deejay_Spike has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally posted by MuscleTex
    i emailed him a while ago but never got a reply. just was wondering what his program was like.
    mail him again, asking him gently

maybe that or send a pm but i don't wanta be like a bitch about it.

Originally posted by MuscleTex
    maybe that or send a pm but i don't wanta be like a bitch about it.
    just ask him kindly

p0w3rlift3r is just really nice. (+1000) p0w3rlift3r is just really nice. (+1000) p0w3rlift3r is just really nice. (+1000) p0w3rlift3r is just really nice. (+1000) p0w3rlift3r is just really nice. (+1000) p0w3rlift3r is just really nice. (+1000) p0w3rlift3r is just really nice. (+1000) p0w3rlift3r is just really nice. (+1000) p0w3rlift3r is just really nice. (+1000) p0w3rlift3r is just really nice. (+1000) p0w3rlift3r is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally posted by Deejay_Spike
    power_just is quite strong indeed....

i'd like to lift that too when i reach 21 years.... heck, i got time

no i didn't try it.

thats no way to look at it, why not be stronger earlier ?

there is no time your next workout could be your last, you should treat it that way !

power just has a very impressive 1721.5 total ! thats a **** load

very good !
    I've seen a 15 year old deadlift 440 lbs. first time ever touching a weight
    I've witnessed a begginer increase there total 350 lbs. the first month
    I myself can show you men bench pressing 821 lbs. men deadlifting nearly 940 lbs. men squatting 1104 lbs.
    Powerlifting the sport of imposibility to Bodybuilders everywhere

Whats my post workout drink? half a bottle of Jack Daniels No. 7 sounds about right

Originally posted by p0w3rlift3r

thats no way to look at it, why not be stronger earlier ?

there is no time your next workout could be your last, you should treat it that way !

power just has a very impressive 1721.5 total ! thats a **** load

very good !
    actually i didn't finish what i wanted to say

i wanted to say that i got time to even beat that

Registered User herkimer wilson's Avatar
    herkimer wilson has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) herkimer wilson has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) herkimer wilson has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) herkimer wilson has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) herkimer wilson has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) herkimer wilson has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Carl- you can modify a Ws program for yourself. Pick your own exercises, but stick with the basic concept of Max Effort and Dynamic Effort. I don't have bands or chains or something to do reverse hypers etc. As far as a box, just buy some 2x4's and plywood and make your own boxes. You can make a couple at various heigths just for yourself.

p0w3rlift3r is just really nice. (+1000) p0w3rlift3r is just really nice. (+1000) p0w3rlift3r is just really nice. (+1000) p0w3rlift3r is just really nice. (+1000) p0w3rlift3r is just really nice. (+1000) p0w3rlift3r is just really nice. (+1000) p0w3rlift3r is just really nice. (+1000) p0w3rlift3r is just really nice. (+1000) p0w3rlift3r is just really nice. (+1000) p0w3rlift3r is just really nice. (+1000) p0w3rlift3r is just really nice. (+1000)

actually i didn't finish what i wanted to say

i wanted to say that i got time to even beat that
    well when i am your age i will kick your ass

but its now that matters !!
    I myself can show you men bench pressing 821 lbs. men deadlifting nearly 940 lbs. men squatting 1104 lbs.

Whats my post workout drink? half a bottle of Jack Daniels No. 7 sounds about right

Originally posted by p0w3rlift3r

well when i am your age i will kick your ass

but its now that matters !!
    yup, and right now i kick YOUR ass

Registered User cantbenchthebar's Avatar
    cantbenchthebar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    10 bux no make that 20 bux on deejay..

i'll give u some miles to fly over here and kick some ass

lets get it on
    i give you the backhand like
    John McEnroe....

healthy n_fit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) healthy n_fit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) healthy n_fit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) healthy n_fit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) healthy n_fit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) healthy n_fit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) healthy n_fit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) healthy n_fit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) healthy n_fit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) healthy n_fit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) healthy n_fit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    BMF, why are you on my IGNORE LIST!?!!?!?!

What the **** i going on. This is weird!!

healthy n_fit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) healthy n_fit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) healthy n_fit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) healthy n_fit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) healthy n_fit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) healthy n_fit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) healthy n_fit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) healthy n_fit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) healthy n_fit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) healthy n_fit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) healthy n_fit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally posted by BMF
    i just did the 3x3 myself a couple months ago and got great results from it. i actually beat my projected max by 15 pounds! your on the right track bro, after you finish up the 3x3 continue a PL routine... i can help you with a good split and routine if youd like....
    Does his post read "This person is on your Ignore List. To view this post click [here]" To you guys too!!!!!!!!!!|?????????

yes indeed

and it was not like that yesterday i believe

maybe BMF got in trouble

yes indeed

and it was not like that yesterday i believe

maybe BMF got in trouble
    I know. Its weird. But to undo it, go to your user cp, go to edit ignore list, and then type in his name. It should make his posts appear. But he's not even registered.

Originally posted by healthy n'fit

I know. Its weird. But to undo it, go to your user cp, go to edit ignore list, and then type in his name. It should make his posts appear. But he's not even registered.
    maybe he got banned?

Powerlifter16 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Powerlifter16 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Powerlifter16 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Powerlifter16 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Powerlifter16 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Powerlifter16 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Powerlifter16 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Powerlifter16 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Powerlifter16 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Powerlifter16 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Powerlifter16 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Power_Just is a good guy.. We have known each other for almost a yr now it seems like. I'am sure the program he gives u will be sound.

Lifter

lol

BMF
    12-15-2001 08:11 AM This person is on your Ignore List. To view this post click [here]

i think he got banned or something

power_just - why not post the program still sounds very interesting.