rmani has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rmani has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rmani has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rmani has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rmani has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rmani has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rmani has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rmani has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rmani has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rmani has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rmani has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Is juice bad for losing fat?

I am trying to lose more carbs since all my other attempts to lose fat have failed. I am already rarely eating pasta but I can't give up rice since besides pasta it's the only thing i like to eat with my meats.

Since I still want to maintain muscle and just lose fat around my midsection I'm wondering if part of my problem is all the juice i drink. I pretty much only drink orange and apple juice. Are these drinks really high in carbs? Should I just drink water and maybe ice tea from now on? What about lemonade is that bad for me also?

HighRevinSi will become famous soon enough. (+50) HighRevinSi will become famous soon enough. (+50) HighRevinSi will become famous soon enough. (+50) HighRevinSi will become famous soon enough. (+50) HighRevinSi will become famous soon enough. (+50) HighRevinSi will become famous soon enough. (+50) HighRevinSi will become famous soon enough. (+50) HighRevinSi will become famous soon enough. (+50) HighRevinSi will become famous soon enough. (+50) HighRevinSi will become famous soon enough. (+50) HighRevinSi will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by rmani View Post
    I am trying to lose more carbs since all my other attempts to lose fat have failed. I am already rarely eating pasta but I can't give up rice since besides pasta it's the only thing i like to eat with my meats.

Since I still want to maintain muscle and just lose fat around my midsection I'm wondering if part of my problem is all the juice i drink. I pretty much only drink orange and apple juice. Are these drinks really high in carbs? Should I just drink water and maybe ice tea from now on? What about lemonade is that bad for me also?
    Look at the damn label, that'll take about 1 second.
    Bachelor and Master of Exercise Science at Miami University

Doctorate of Physical Therapy Student at Jefferson College of Health Professions

Stayin' Shredded is what I do

BrianBear will become famous soon enough. (+50) BrianBear will become famous soon enough. (+50) BrianBear will become famous soon enough. (+50) BrianBear will become famous soon enough. (+50) BrianBear will become famous soon enough. (+50) BrianBear will become famous soon enough. (+50) BrianBear will become famous soon enough. (+50) BrianBear will become famous soon enough. (+50) BrianBear will become famous soon enough. (+50) BrianBear will become famous soon enough. (+50) BrianBear will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Juice isn't great for a cut but it's not all that bad as long as it's natural (no suger added).
    "Two roads diverged in a wood, and I?
    I took the one less traveled by,
    And that has made all the difference"

-Robert Frost: The Road Not Taken

derickonfire is a jewel in the rough. (+500) derickonfire is a jewel in the rough. (+500) derickonfire is a jewel in the rough. (+500) derickonfire is a jewel in the rough. (+500) derickonfire is a jewel in the rough. (+500) derickonfire is a jewel in the rough. (+500) derickonfire is a jewel in the rough. (+500) derickonfire is a jewel in the rough. (+500) derickonfire is a jewel in the rough. (+500) derickonfire is a jewel in the rough. (+500) derickonfire is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Even natural has a lot of sugar.

Juice is hard to get right, at least from everything I've seen.
    A tree can't grow to heaven unless it's roots reach down to hell.

ScSc0rP is on a distinguished road. (+10) ScSc0rP is on a distinguished road. (+10) ScSc0rP is on a distinguished road. (+10) ScSc0rP is on a distinguished road. (+10) ScSc0rP is on a distinguished road. (+10) ScSc0rP is on a distinguished road. (+10) ScSc0rP is on a distinguished road. (+10) ScSc0rP is on a distinguished road. (+10) ScSc0rP is on a distinguished road. (+10) ScSc0rP is on a distinguished road. (+10) ScSc0rP is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Juice causes insulin spikes, a definite nono if your goal is to lose weight.

Unleash Your Beast! Super Scoop's Avatar
    Super Scoop has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Super Scoop has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Super Scoop has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Super Scoop has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Super Scoop has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Super Scoop has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Super Scoop has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Super Scoop has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Super Scoop has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Super Scoop has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Super Scoop has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Got to get rid of it. Stick with water. I also use Crystal Light.
    Beast Sports Nutrition Representative
    "Unleash your Beast!"
    www.beastsports.com
    superscoop@BeastSports.com

Our Bodybuilding.com Store Page:
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/beast/beast.htm

Beast Sports Nutrition: Past, Present, and Future
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=96207801#post96207801

Disclaimer: The above is my opinion only. It does not represent the official opinion of Beast Sports and should not be taken as medical advice.

rmani has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rmani has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rmani has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rmani has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rmani has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rmani has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rmani has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rmani has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rmani has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rmani has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rmani has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    OK i'll cut out the juice I guess.

About how much carbs should i limit my intake too then? i'm not trying to lose weight just fat. I weight 200lbs

derickonfire is a jewel in the rough. (+500) derickonfire is a jewel in the rough. (+500) derickonfire is a jewel in the rough. (+500) derickonfire is a jewel in the rough. (+500) derickonfire is a jewel in the rough. (+500) derickonfire is a jewel in the rough. (+500) derickonfire is a jewel in the rough. (+500) derickonfire is a jewel in the rough. (+500) derickonfire is a jewel in the rough. (+500) derickonfire is a jewel in the rough. (+500) derickonfire is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    30-40% carbs, imo.

150-225 range, most likely.

try timing the carbs right - lots in the morning, hour os so Pre-WO, etc..

W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by derickonfire View Post
    30-40% carbs, imo.

150-225 range, most likely.

try timing the carbs right - lots in the morning, hour os so Pre-WO, etc..
    Looks like it's worked wonders for you
    I don't know either lol

W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by BrianBear View Post
    Juice isn't great for a cut but it's not all that bad as long as it's natural (no suger added).
    Doesn't matter. Even if it's "natural" your still drinking way too much of it. Anyone who's ever tried making fresh squeezed orange juice knows just how many god damned oranges it takes to fill up a glass. There's nothing "natural" about drinking 8 oranges worth of juice at a time.

Stick with plenty of fruits and veggies, with a bit of starches post wo
    I don't know either lol

Registered User PoundingTheRock's Avatar
    PoundingTheRock has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PoundingTheRock has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PoundingTheRock has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PoundingTheRock has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PoundingTheRock has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PoundingTheRock has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PoundingTheRock has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PoundingTheRock has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PoundingTheRock has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Ditch the juice...

It's terrible for cutting, even natural juice...just not worth it IMO...

Registered User The Brotherhood's Avatar
    The Brotherhood is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) The Brotherhood is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) The Brotherhood is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) The Brotherhood is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) The Brotherhood is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) The Brotherhood is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) The Brotherhood is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) The Brotherhood is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) The Brotherhood is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) The Brotherhood is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) The Brotherhood is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by ScSc0rP View Post
    Juice causes insulin spikes, a definite nono if your goal is to lose weight.
    STFU

Jackasses who haven't the slightest clue how insulin works. Consume a whey shake.guess what, INSULIN SPIKE. You will not store fat in a caloric deficit, period, and an insulin spike's anti-lipolytic effects would only be an issue if you chugged on a sugar drink all day long.

Fruit is fine, high GI carbs are fine. From a micronutrition standpoint, keep your foods whole, avoid trans-fats, and focus on your damned macros. Stop getting anal about *what* you eat, and focus on the protein/fat/carb breakdown.
    Miscer

ScSc0rP is on a distinguished road. (+10) ScSc0rP is on a distinguished road. (+10) ScSc0rP is on a distinguished road. (+10) ScSc0rP is on a distinguished road. (+10) ScSc0rP is on a distinguished road. (+10) ScSc0rP is on a distinguished road. (+10) ScSc0rP is on a distinguished road. (+10) ScSc0rP is on a distinguished road. (+10) ScSc0rP is on a distinguished road. (+10) ScSc0rP is on a distinguished road. (+10) ScSc0rP is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by The Brotherhood View Post
    STFU

Jackasses who haven't the slightest clue how insulin works. Consume a whey shake.guess what, INSULIN SPIKE. You will not store fat in a caloric deficit, period, and an insulin spike's anti-lipolytic effects would only be an issue if you chugged on a sugar drink all day long.

Fruit is fine, high GI carbs are fine. From a micronutrition standpoint, keep your foods whole, avoid trans-fats, and focus on your damned macros. Stop getting anal about *what* you eat, and focus on the protein/fat/carb breakdown.
    Real mature. I don't know whether to return the insult or point out the huge amount of misinformation/biased opinion in your post.

To the original poster, there are three main reasons why you do not want to drink juice. First, it forces your body to release an insulin spike, like all high GI carbs. Why is that bad? Insulin is a hormone that tells your body that it is well fed, and it begins absorbing nutrients. Unfortunately this includes fat. Secondly, it has a negative effect on your appetite per calorie ratio. You could essentially drink a glass of juice and stay hungry, or eat a filling meal. Third, like a previous poster mentioned, you are pushing your body to an extreme. Juice isn't readily found in nature, fruit is(that should be a sign). Fruit is fine because it is high in fiber and helps slow the release of sugar while being digested, meaning no insulin spike. You eat high GI carbs however, all that insulin is released at once. Why is that worth mentioning? Consume a lot of high GI carbs and you can see yourself killing your pancreas and becoming a diabetic at the age of 30, and trust me, there is no coincidence that obesity is directly correlated to a rise in diabetics.

Having said that, juice isn't arsenic, it isn't going to kill you if you decide to drink some sparingly. In fact, many bodybuilders use it because insulin spikes have a very anabolic effect on your body; which is good if your goal is to gain muscle and weight. But you are trying to lose fat, juice definitely should not be included in any standard meal plan.

And if you need a source, how about the official webpage of the glycemic index?

http://www.glycemicindex.com/

RusnConcussion is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RusnConcussion is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RusnConcussion is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RusnConcussion is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RusnConcussion is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RusnConcussion is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RusnConcussion is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RusnConcussion is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RusnConcussion is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RusnConcussion is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RusnConcussion is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    juice = hi GI simple carbohydrate with some vitamin c in it and a few flavonoids, which you can just as easily get from a cup of green tea. I'd choose some candy or some pasta over juice any day as they are more enjoyable and basically do the same thing for ya.

just because the sugar in juice comes from fruit doesn't mean its magically good for you, i mean where do you think table sugar comes from anyways? same chemical behind it in the end, and with juice you aren't even getting any of the fibre in the fruit.
    Don't take life too seriously. You'll never get out of it alive.
    I reciprocate reputation.

Originally Posted by ScSc0rP View Post
    Real mature. I don't know whether to return the insult or point out the huge amount of misinformation/biased opinion in your post.

To the original poster, there are three main reasons why you do not want to drink juice. First, it forces your body to release an insulin spike, like all high GI carbs. Why is that bad? Insulin is a hormone that tells your body that it is well fed, and it begins absorbing nutrients. Unfortunately this includes fat. Secondly, it has a negative effect on your appetite per calorie ratio. You could essentially drink a glass of juice and stay hungry, or eat a filling meal. Third, like a previous poster mentioned, you are pushing your body to an extreme. Juice isn't readily found in nature, fruit is(that should be a sign). Fruit is fine because it is high in fiber and helps slow the release of sugar while being digested, meaning no insulin spike. You eat high GI carbs however, all that insulin is released at once. Why is that worth mentioning? Consume a lot of high GI carbs and you can see yourself killing your pancreas and becoming a diabetic at the age of 30, and trust me, there is no coincidence that obesity is directly correlated to a rise in diabetics.

Having said that, juice isn't arsenic, it isn't going to kill you if you decide to drink some sparingly. In fact, many bodybuilders use it because insulin spikes have a very anabolic effect on your body; which is good if your goal is to gain muscle and weight. But you are trying to lose fat, juice definitely should not be included in any standard meal plan.

And if you need a source, how about the official webpage of the glycemic index?

http://www.glycemicindex.com/

good info but i have a question. i was reading the link you posted and saw this :

How to Switch to a Low GI Diet
    The basic technique for eating the low GI way is simply a "this for that" approach - ie, swapping high GI carbs for low GI carbs. You don't need to count numbers or do any sort of mental arithmetic to make sure you are eating a healthy, low GI diet.

Use breakfast cereals based on oats, barley and bran
    Use breads with wholegrains, stone-ground flour, sour dough
    Reduce the amount of potatoes you eat
    Enjoy all other types of fruit and vegetables
    Use Basmati or Doongara rice
    Enjoy pasta, noodles, quinoa
    Eat plenty of salad vegetables with a vinaigrette dressing

I always thought rice and pasta were the worst things to eat if you wanted to go low carb, but they've been a staple of my diet for so long I have such a hard time going without them. So I find this info a little confusing.

I also drink a ton of juice however so I'm hoping that by cutting this out it might help push my body in the right direction.

Not sure about your question for low carb, but I believe what they mean is brown rice, whole wheat pasta, and sweet potatoes; which are very good items for a meal plan. At dinner I eat either brown rice or a mix of veggie/wheat pasta at night. As a rule of thumb, the more brown it is, the better it is for you; has to do with the processing of the food itself. For instance, white bread has its nutrients bleached out, and the valuable wheat germ is lost; maybe somebody else can explain the process better.

White rice, enriched pasta, and baking potatoes are what you should stay away from. Bread is sketchy, some will swear to you that it is poison, others will say it is good in modest quantities; but if you do eat it make sure it is whole wheat/grain. I personally can't get by without at least one or two slices a day.

Registered User The Brotherhood's Avatar
    The Brotherhood is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) The Brotherhood is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) The Brotherhood is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) The Brotherhood is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) The Brotherhood is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) The Brotherhood is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) The Brotherhood is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) The Brotherhood is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) The Brotherhood is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) The Brotherhood is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) The Brotherhood is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Apart from the fact that GI is worthless as the GI of a meal is VERY different from the GI of just the carb component in the meal, which is rarely eaten alone, GI is irrelevant to body composition anyway http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=1503011
    Miscer

It should be about health phabphour20's Avatar
    phabphour20 will become famous soon enough. (+50) phabphour20 will become famous soon enough. (+50) phabphour20 will become famous soon enough. (+50) phabphour20 will become famous soon enough. (+50) phabphour20 will become famous soon enough. (+50) phabphour20 will become famous soon enough. (+50) phabphour20 will become famous soon enough. (+50) phabphour20 will become famous soon enough. (+50) phabphour20 will become famous soon enough. (+50) phabphour20 will become famous soon enough. (+50) phabphour20 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

If you want a good primer on the metabolic processes that take place when you consume sugar, read this:

http://www.amazon.com/Good-Calories-...2020741&sr=8-1

-PP
    I just want to be healthy.

turbotaz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) turbotaz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Juice is basically liquid sugar whether you buy it or juice it yourself. If the creator wanted us to drink juice instead of eat fruit, he would have had sippie cups grow on trees! Juices are very high in carbohudrates. If you're trying to lose weight in any way, juice will NOT help! Especailly citrus types. They're higher glycemic and will hit your bloodstreem quicker.

Adina has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Adina has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Adina has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Adina has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Adina has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Adina has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Adina has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Adina has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Adina has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Adina has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Adina has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    It's not that juice is THAT bad, it's more that fresh fruit is so much better for you. Less calories, more fiber, no added sugar, more filling, takes longer to consume, more satisfying.....etc, etc, etc.....

thanks guys i'm gonna cut the juice and stick to water and green tea. i was drinking 4-5 glasses of orange juice per day alone so that should save me quite a bit of carbs.

thanks guys i'm gonna cut the juice and stick to water and green tea. i was drinking 4-5 glasses of orange juice per day alone so that should save me quite a bit of carbs.
    Not to mention a good 3-600 calories I bet.

adoniscomplex is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adoniscomplex is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adoniscomplex is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adoniscomplex is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adoniscomplex is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adoniscomplex is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adoniscomplex is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adoniscomplex is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adoniscomplex is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adoniscomplex is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adoniscomplex is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

any drink with sugar dont touch
    my blogs
    howigotripped.wordpress.com
    submissiongrappling.wordpress.com