vadox6466 is just really nice. (+1000) vadox6466 is just really nice. (+1000) vadox6466 is just really nice. (+1000) vadox6466 is just really nice. (+1000) vadox6466 is just really nice. (+1000) vadox6466 is just really nice. (+1000) vadox6466 is just really nice. (+1000) vadox6466 is just really nice. (+1000) vadox6466 is just really nice. (+1000) vadox6466 is just really nice. (+1000) vadox6466 is just really nice. (+1000)

Sharp pain in my wrist for over a week...

One week ago I notced that I woke up and noticed that my wrist was hurting. Probably slept on it bent all night long. Long story short it's been one week and whenever I do any physical activities that involve my wrist in ANY way I get a sharp pain in it, in one specific location. I don't want to stop working out because two weeks ago I got really sick and missed a week of my workout, then after a week back on I don't want to go off because of my wrist..but it's pretty bad, even if I try to lift 2.5lb's using that wrist it hurts..

What do you guys think? Should I just take a week off and see how it goes?.. I'm currently bulking, and I HATE skipping workouts unless I absolutely have to

resU deretsigeR fkn_give_me_abs's Avatar
    fkn_give_me_abs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fkn_give_me_abs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fkn_give_me_abs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fkn_give_me_abs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fkn_give_me_abs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fkn_give_me_abs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fkn_give_me_abs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fkn_give_me_abs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fkn_give_me_abs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fkn_give_me_abs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fkn_give_me_abs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    yeah just give it a week or so, happens to me every now and then and i have to skip maybe a week of upper body workouts. if it doesn't at least improve in a week though have it checked out.
    i'm a real boy!

PT and Coach - http://www.********.com/sagertrain

lanquid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I've always had bad wrists, especially when it comes to curls. Try picking up some wrist wraps from gart's or something, they're like five bucks and they really help support the wrists.
    Early accomplishments:
    2010 - WABDL Rocky Mountain Regional Champion (Juniors - 165 weight class) Deadlift - 407 lbs. (sumo)

2005 - Utah State High School Powercleaning Champion (148 weight class) Powerclean - 235 lbs.

vadox6466 is just really nice. (+1000) vadox6466 is just really nice. (+1000) vadox6466 is just really nice. (+1000) vadox6466 is just really nice. (+1000) vadox6466 is just really nice. (+1000) vadox6466 is just really nice. (+1000) vadox6466 is just really nice. (+1000) vadox6466 is just really nice. (+1000) vadox6466 is just really nice. (+1000) vadox6466 is just really nice. (+1000) vadox6466 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by lanquid
    I've always had bad wrists, especially when it comes to curls. Try picking up some wrist wraps from gart's or something, they're like five bucks and they really help support the wrists.
    I've been wearing a wrist wrap for the past few days to school, it helps a little bit, but when I lift weights it doesn't really make much of a difference..

I hate having bad wrists..is there any way to strengthen them up?

lanquid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by vadox6466
    I've been wearing a wrist wrap for the past few days to school, it helps a little bit, but when I lift weights it doesn't really make much of a difference..

When my wrists really start hurting I lay off the curls for a while. To strengthen them I do reverse curls but I don't think that really strengthens the wrist as much as it does the upper forearm. But I guess the forearm does help support the wrist. Just give it time and always wear the wrist wraps when you work out, even if you don't feel pain.
    Early accomplishments:
    2010 - WABDL Rocky Mountain Regional Champion (Juniors - 165 weight class) Deadlift - 407 lbs. (sumo)

2005 - Utah State High School Powercleaning Champion (148 weight class) Powerclean - 235 lbs.

Apollo Creed has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Apollo Creed has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Apollo Creed has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by vadox6466
    I have to strengthen my wrist up for boxing, ive done it doing pushups on my nuckles, and once i got stronger, doing them on the back of my hands, with my palms facing me, its incredibly hard at first, so id suggest doing them with knees on the ground.

After a couple of weeks (doing them after every boxing workout) they felt stronger.

Also, try upping your intake of oils like flaxseed n cod liver oil, might help with the movements of your joints in your hand.

Hope its helped.

squazo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) squazo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) squazo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) squazo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) squazo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) squazo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) squazo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    after its healed and for any body else looking for strong wrists do knuckle pushups hit the punching bag and ever different angled forearm exercise possible both sides of it too.