keviNNN has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Cardio w/ bulk to boost appetite?

I started to bulk again on the 5x5..however, i'm trying to stay as clean as possible, so i need all the help to get the food down that i can get..

So how would I go about doing cardio so it works to my advantage? for example, how many times a week? for how long? high volume or low volume? same days as workouts or on offdays? etc.

thanks in advance.

Elliptical Envy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Elliptical Envy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Elliptical Envy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Elliptical Envy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Elliptical Envy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Elliptical Envy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Elliptical Envy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Elliptical Envy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Elliptical Envy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Elliptical Envy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Elliptical Envy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I would recommend doing cardio first thing in the morning if you want to boost your appetite. It should help you out.
    HALEO Lead Forum Representative

Echo in Eternity

Store Link - http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/haleo.html
    ******** Page - www.********.com/pages/HALEO-Worldwide-Inc/344612048892858

Guardian is a name known to all. (+5000) Guardian is a name known to all. (+5000) Guardian is a name known to all. (+5000) Guardian is a name known to all. (+5000) Guardian is a name known to all. (+5000) Guardian is a name known to all. (+5000) Guardian is a name known to all. (+5000) Guardian is a name known to all. (+5000) Guardian is a name known to all. (+5000) Guardian is a name known to all. (+5000) Guardian is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by keviNNN View Post
    I started to bulk again on the 5x5..however, i'm trying to stay as clean as possible, so i need all the help to get the food down that i can get..

So how would I go about doing cardio so it works to my advantage? for example, how many times a week? for how long? high volume or low volume? same days as workouts or on offdays? etc.

thanks in advance.
    If you want to boost your appetite eat a diet rich in simple carbs, the insulin spikes will cause cortisol to rise, cortisol is a main factor in hunger.

Elliptical Envy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Elliptical Envy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Elliptical Envy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Elliptical Envy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Elliptical Envy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Elliptical Envy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Elliptical Envy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Elliptical Envy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Elliptical Envy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Elliptical Envy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Elliptical Envy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Wow.....

Echo in Eternity

Guardian is a name known to all. (+5000) Guardian is a name known to all. (+5000) Guardian is a name known to all. (+5000) Guardian is a name known to all. (+5000) Guardian is a name known to all. (+5000) Guardian is a name known to all. (+5000) Guardian is a name known to all. (+5000) Guardian is a name known to all. (+5000) Guardian is a name known to all. (+5000) Guardian is a name known to all. (+5000) Guardian is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by envythahustla View Post
    Wow.....
    The kid is 19, at his age there is nothing wrong with having more simple carbs I doubt hes looking to comepte or be ripped year round.

DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000)
    Interesting.

Originally Posted by Guardian View Post
    The kid is 19, at his age there is nothing wrong with having more simple carbs I doubt hes looking to comepte or be ripped year round.
    LOL, I guess man.

Echo in Eternity

People may laugh but that is one of the best ways to boost appetite. On weekdays I pretty much each completly clean, the only carbs I get are form oatmeal, skim milk, and brown rice. I pretty much have zero appetite, I simply eat because I have to. But on the weekends if I have an ice cream cone or something two hours later im starving. It has to do with the insulin and cortisol levels.

Gettin My Swole On microrahsheen's Avatar
    microrahsheen will become famous soon enough. (+50) microrahsheen will become famous soon enough. (+50) microrahsheen will become famous soon enough. (+50) microrahsheen will become famous soon enough. (+50) microrahsheen will become famous soon enough. (+50) microrahsheen will become famous soon enough. (+50) microrahsheen will become famous soon enough. (+50) microrahsheen will become famous soon enough. (+50) microrahsheen will become famous soon enough. (+50) microrahsheen will become famous soon enough. (+50) microrahsheen will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Let me know if you figure this out cuz the one thing preventing me from growing is ****in eating. I just can't stuff my face enough...

Originally Posted by Guardian View Post
    People may laugh but that is one of the best ways to boost appetite. On weekdays I pretty much each completly clean, the only carbs I get are form oatmeal, skim milk, and brown rice. I pretty much have zero appetite, I simply eat because I have to. But on the weekends if I have an ice cream cone or something two hours later im starving. It has to do with the insulin and cortisol levels.
    Sure you are hypoglycemic so you need to eat.....that isn't anything novel. You eat to control your blood glucose levels...I think you are really on to something.....

Echo in Eternity

Originally Posted by microrahsheen View Post
    Let me know if you figure this out cuz the one thing preventing me from growing is ****in eating. I just can't stuff my face enough...
    Im tellin ya guys simple carbs is where its at for people wanting to get more appetite and pack on the pounds especially if your like 140 pounds like yourself.

Im not saying eating simple carbs is the best bbing diet or should be used for the next 10 years of your life, but it does have its merits as I described above.

maffie2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) maffie2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) maffie2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) maffie2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) maffie2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) maffie2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) maffie2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) maffie2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) maffie2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) maffie2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) maffie2 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    don't need to purposely induce a hypoglycemic state to eat more... that's not what bodybuilding is about imo.

Just drink a ton of shakes/milk in between your solid meals... your body will naturally increase it's appetite when it's been fed regularly and alot over time. Case in point... a pro bber contest diet calorie value be a 150lbs teenage bulk diet or even more, and the pro bb-er will say he's dying and starving like hell... but the 150lbs-er will say he's stuffed as ****.

As to the OP, cardio definitely boost appetite. So do it but don't overdo it where you fail to recover from your workouts.

RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000)

To the young people here----

Might I suggest that if you're metabolism is so fast that you can't eat enough to gain weight, that cardio might not exactly expedite said gains..........
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    ******** TRAP BAR BOARD REP*******
    VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

---*No Hymen No Diamond Crew*---

keviNNN has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by envythahustla View Post
    I would recommend doing cardio first thing in the morning if you want to boost your appetite. It should help you out.
    ok. i'll try it first thing in the morning. i'm not much of a morning person, so it's always been later in the day for me.

what would you suggest as far as the time goes? and how many days a week? as stated before, i'm currently on the 5x5, training 3 days a week - mon, wed, fri.

and i'm an athlete so i can pretty much go for as long as i need to..however, i don't want to overdo it and contradict the purpose of bulking.