shermdizzle has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) shermdizzle has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) shermdizzle has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) shermdizzle has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) shermdizzle has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) shermdizzle has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) shermdizzle has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) shermdizzle has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) shermdizzle has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

an hour and a half workout vs two 45 minute workouts

whats the difference between working out an hour and a half once a day vs 45 min twice??

is there any what soever?

Turco has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Turco has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Turco has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Turco has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Turco has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Turco has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Turco has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Turco has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Turco has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Turco has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Turco has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    What's the difference between eating for 20 minutes x 6 times a day versus eating for 120 minutes x once a day?

dannyswo is on a distinguished road. (+10) dannyswo is on a distinguished road. (+10) dannyswo is on a distinguished road. (+10) dannyswo is on a distinguished road. (+10) dannyswo is on a distinguished road. (+10) dannyswo is on a distinguished road. (+10) dannyswo is on a distinguished road. (+10) dannyswo is on a distinguished road. (+10) dannyswo is on a distinguished road. (+10) dannyswo is on a distinguished road. (+10) dannyswo is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    You jump start your metabolism twice a day with two work outs.
    Iraq is not a breeding ground for terrorists, but a burying ground.

DYSFUNCTIONAL strength I dont work at Ballys's Avatar
    I dont work at Ballys is a name known to all. (+5000) I dont work at Ballys is a name known to all. (+5000) I dont work at Ballys is a name known to all. (+5000) I dont work at Ballys is a name known to all. (+5000) I dont work at Ballys is a name known to all. (+5000) I dont work at Ballys is a name known to all. (+5000) I dont work at Ballys is a name known to all. (+5000) I dont work at Ballys is a name known to all. (+5000) I dont work at Ballys is a name known to all. (+5000) I dont work at Ballys is a name known to all. (+5000) I dont work at Ballys is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Turco View Post
    What's the difference between eating for 20 minutes x 6 times a day versus eating for 120 minutes x once a day?
    whats the difference between falling off a 1 story building 10 times and falling off a 10 story building once?
    If what I see does not amaze me, I am not looking hard enough.

The more you learn, the more you realize you don't know.

My YouTube Vids: http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=ajcharmoz

shermdizzle has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) shermdizzle has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) shermdizzle has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) shermdizzle has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) shermdizzle has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) shermdizzle has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) shermdizzle has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) shermdizzle has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) shermdizzle has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Lmfao

your guys are such idiots lmfao

but seriously whats the difference?

is there one?

Uriel_da_man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uriel_da_man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uriel_da_man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uriel_da_man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uriel_da_man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uriel_da_man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uriel_da_man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uriel_da_man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uriel_da_man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uriel_da_man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uriel_da_man has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by I dont work at Ballys View Post
    whats the difference between falling off a 1 story building 10 times and falling off a 10 story building once?
    One is *bam* "ah!" ten times, the other is "aaaaaaaaah" *bam* once.

user179133 is on a distinguished road. (+10) user179133 is on a distinguished road. (+10) user179133 is on a distinguished road. (+10) user179133 is on a distinguished road. (+10) user179133 is on a distinguished road. (+10) user179133 is on a distinguished road. (+10) user179133 is on a distinguished road. (+10) user179133 is on a distinguished road. (+10) user179133 is on a distinguished road. (+10) user179133 is on a distinguished road. (+10) user179133 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by shermdizzle View Post
    whats the difference between working out an hour and a half once a day vs 45 min twice??

Why would you need to work out that long anyways? Personally I can hit the weights HARD in one 45-50 minute session. I don't rest an unnecessary amount between sets.

However, to answer your question...I don't really see a difference. If you insist on working out for that long, it might be better to break it up into two sessions...if only to let your body cool off for a bit.
    Last edited by caliscr510; 10-08-2007 at 03:26 PM.

tbhanson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs up two 45 minute work outs is better

It depends on when you are going to be doing this two workouts, if say you are going to wait in hour or so to do your second than it would most likely benifit you more just to do the one hour and a half workout. However if you are planning on working out for 45 in the morning and then 45 in the evening than it would be the better choice. There are a couple of reasons for this. First by working out twice you alway your body to replace some of the nutrients, creatine, carbs and other chemicals that make you muslces work (Doing one long workout just continues to deplete these.). Second, your body can start to rebuild some of the trama that you have caused in the first workout, allowing you to get just a little bit more out of your muscles. In the past I when have done in twice a day (working two body parts) I would focus on hitting my chest primarily in the first workout (ex. Chest and Triceps) while still hitting my triceps with an exercise or two. Then latter on when I would do the second one I would focus more on my triceps while still hitting my chest with another or two exercises to finish them off. I get much better results with two workouts. In the past I have gained more muscle weight doing this than just one long one.

I dont work at Ballys is a name known to all. (+5000) I dont work at Ballys is a name known to all. (+5000) I dont work at Ballys is a name known to all. (+5000) I dont work at Ballys is a name known to all. (+5000) I dont work at Ballys is a name known to all. (+5000) I dont work at Ballys is a name known to all. (+5000) I dont work at Ballys is a name known to all. (+5000) I dont work at Ballys is a name known to all. (+5000) I dont work at Ballys is a name known to all. (+5000) I dont work at Ballys is a name known to all. (+5000) I dont work at Ballys is a name known to all. (+5000)

Exclamation to actually answer your question...

your body has growth and repair hormones that are released when cortisol levels are low and you are asleep.

working out twice in one day on the same body parts does NOT allow for substantial recovery of these muscles and hence you will be training a fatigued muscle which is not going to do much for you (in terms of hypertrophy)

"Also stating that muscle protein synthesis increases within a few hours after a bout of strenuous exercise and remains elevated for at least 24 hrs returning to normal at after approximately 72 hrs."

if you're goal is strength endurance than by all means go ahead, but trying to work a muscle when it is trying to repair itself is nonsensical in regards to bodybuilding.

phat_endo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) phat_endo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) phat_endo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) phat_endo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) phat_endo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) phat_endo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) phat_endo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) phat_endo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) phat_endo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) phat_endo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) phat_endo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by I dont work at Ballys View Post
    your body has growth and repair hormones that are released when cortisol levels are low and you are asleep.

working out twice in one day on the same body parts does NOT allow for substantial recovery of these muscles and hence you will be training a fatigued muscle which is not going to do much for you (in terms of hypertrophy)

"Also stating that muscle protein synthesis increases within a few hours after a bout of strenuous exercise and remains elevated for at least 24 hrs returning to normal at after approximately 72 hrs."

if you're goal is strength endurance than by all means go ahead, but trying to work a muscle when it is trying to repair itself is nonsensical in regards to bodybuilding.
    What is your opinion on doing two 45 minute workouts, but working different muscle groups? As for training a damaged muscle, I remember reading an article by Chad Waterbury about how "training through soreness=growth cuz that's how athletes train and they get hyooge sport specific muscles".

/waits for W8isgr8

ze all knowing has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ze all knowing has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ze all knowing has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ze all knowing has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ze all knowing has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ze all knowing has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ze all knowing has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ze all knowing has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ze all knowing has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ze all knowing has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ze all knowing has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    this whole timing thing is overrated

sometimes my workouts take 90mins, depends how intense i feel on the day...

but what i do do, just incase is start sipping on my PWO drink after about an hour

so plenty of bcaas+carbs and a tiny bit of protein
    **** ****ity ****

FunkLord is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FunkLord is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FunkLord is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FunkLord is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FunkLord is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FunkLord is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FunkLord is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FunkLord is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FunkLord is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FunkLord is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FunkLord is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Also,

You have to use twice as many gym shorts, warm up and stretch twice as many times, and you have to shower twice as many times. Unless you work out naked and don't sweat.

Or unless you like being dirty and smelly (maybe you do... because of... pheromones?)

andre_t.o. has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) andre_t.o. has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) andre_t.o. has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) andre_t.o. has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) andre_t.o. has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) andre_t.o. has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) andre_t.o. has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) andre_t.o. has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) andre_t.o. has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) andre_t.o. has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) andre_t.o. has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    if you work out once for one and a half hours you still have time to show off your muscles and get some girls! if you work out twice for 45 minutes you don't have any days off and the only people, who see your muscles are the guys in the gym...

o0hardcore0o is on a distinguished road. (+10) o0hardcore0o is on a distinguished road. (+10) o0hardcore0o is on a distinguished road. (+10) o0hardcore0o is on a distinguished road. (+10) o0hardcore0o is on a distinguished road. (+10) o0hardcore0o is on a distinguished road. (+10) o0hardcore0o is on a distinguished road. (+10) o0hardcore0o is on a distinguished road. (+10) o0hardcore0o is on a distinguished road. (+10) o0hardcore0o is on a distinguished road. (+10) o0hardcore0o is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Talking

Originally Posted by shermdizzle View Post

its proven that level of cortisol (a catabolic hormone) raise after 45 min of training. Drinking gatorade or any other carbs drink during training raise insulin level that counter cortisol effects. So working 45 min twice a day is a good alternative

Mig_D has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mig_D has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mig_D has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mig_D has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mig_D has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mig_D has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    unless you are experienced and been working out for at least a few years, then 2x45 min sessions would be fine, but if not stick to one 45-50 minute session per day. fatigue will kick in as will overtraining.

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by o0hardcore0o View Post
    its proven that level of cortisol (a catabolic hormone) raise after 45 min of training. Drinking gatorade or any other carbs drink during training raise insulin level that counter cortisol effects. So working 45 min twice a day is a good alternative
    google science FTW!

ok I SHOULD HAVE BEEN MORE SPECIFIC

if i work out 3 different body parts in an hour and a half, is that working out too long??

tbhanson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Smile find out what works for you

Body building and working out are partly about what works best for you. I cannot tell you what that is. If you have been working for very long than you know about DOMS and overtraining and some of the of terms of the gym. The one thing you need to be sure of is not to overtrain your body. If you feel you get a good workout in, in 50 minutes great and if it takes you a little longer than its alright. No two people are the same and you should pay close attention to what your body tells you while you work out, after, and during your recovery. Just experiment and listen to what your body tells you, it doesn't hurt to make sure your nutrition is solid either.