flashbang23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) flashbang23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) flashbang23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) flashbang23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) flashbang23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

cheap, healthy, easy to make food.

Hi, I am a student and do not have alot of money to buy tons of protien powder and supps. What are some foods that are relatively cheap, but still healthy and good for bb. Foods that I can get in mass quantaties and eat all day.

So far i have:

Oatmeal with fruit&honey, I can eat this all day, I love it
    Tuna salad
    ?Potato salad?

any more ideas would be great

Haywood Jablome has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Haywood Jablome has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Haywood Jablome has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Haywood Jablome has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Haywood Jablome has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Haywood Jablome has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Haywood Jablome has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Haywood Jablome has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Haywood Jablome has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Haywood Jablome has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Haywood Jablome has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I was going to say oats and tuna

Eggs are fairly cheap, extra lean ground beef, cottage cheese.
    /M\

Who's High Pitch

Macros has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Macros has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Macros has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Macros has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Macros has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Macros has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Macros has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Macros has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Macros has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Macros has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Macros has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    cottage cheese is cheap as hell, so are canned fish.
    Full time athlete
    17 years old
    5'6
    145 lb., ~12% BF

chlaxman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chlaxman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chlaxman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chlaxman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chlaxman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chlaxman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chlaxman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chlaxman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chlaxman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chlaxman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chlaxman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Oats are cheap and great, whey is actually very cheap if you look at the price per gram. Eggs are pretty cheap, brown rice is cheap, and lean ground beef is often on sale and cheap.
    Panthers/Tar Heels/Hurricanes/Durham Bulls

Chip5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chip5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chip5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chip5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chip5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chip5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chip5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chip5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chip5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chip5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chip5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    are chicken breasts expensive in your countries ?

Macros has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Macros has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Macros has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Macros has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Macros has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Macros has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Macros has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Macros has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Macros has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Macros has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Macros has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Also, often times stores will sell meat at half price if it's within a week of spoiling...just buy it and use it the same day. You can get 93% beef for $2/lb instead of $4.5/lb.
    Full time athlete
    17 years old
    5'6
    145 lb., ~12% BF

BoingoBoingoBoingoBoingo TinyMan's Avatar
    TinyMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TinyMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TinyMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TinyMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TinyMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TinyMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TinyMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TinyMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TinyMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TinyMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TinyMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    costco chicken. Very cheap, costs about $2 per pound
    lean cuts of ham
    oatmeal
    vegetables, especially greens (carrots are also excellent)
    rice. and lots of it.
    potatoes (million different ways to prepare them)
    pasta (whole wheat is preferrable)
    peanut butter - good for on the go
    frozen fruits (strawberries are my favorite to buy frozen)
    olive oil (for cooking)

here's a favorite of mine:
    1 packet Knorr alfredo sauce (substitute olive oil for margarine. A bit high in sodium, but I have yet to find a replacement that is as easy/good)
    fettucine pasta
    6 carrots
    10 oz tuna fish
    ham, cut up and fried (however much you want, really)

directions: cook everything seperately. throw together. eat. It's cheap, and generally lasts 2-3 meals.

Tinyman
    I remember being relevant.

BackInTheJox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BackInTheJox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BackInTheJox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BackInTheJox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BackInTheJox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BackInTheJox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BackInTheJox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BackInTheJox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BackInTheJox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BackInTheJox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BackInTheJox is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Actually, protein powder is more often than not THE cheapest protein source per serving.

Something like Dymatize or Optimum Nutrition comes out to around $0.30 a serving, vs. tuna at $0.50 a serving, which, as far as I can find, is the next cheapest protein source pretty much.

Do you want it bad enough cleanbulker33's Avatar
    cleanbulker33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cleanbulker33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cleanbulker33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cleanbulker33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cleanbulker33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cleanbulker33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cleanbulker33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cleanbulker33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cleanbulker33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm a student also and buying meat from meat stores in bulk is a good idea because it saves you BIG time money. Also as mentioned above, oatmeal and tuna and don't just make one meal out of it, but two.
    If you puke, then grab a spoon little man, cause those are calories in the toilet!!!!!

psinide has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) psinide has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) psinide has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) psinide has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) psinide has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) psinide has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) psinide has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) psinide has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) psinide has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) psinide has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) psinide has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Don't worry too much about all the fancy supplements at first. Stick to just whey protein, multivitamin, and fish oil pills for awhile, and get fancier stuff later. Build the basics first - diet/routine. Nothing worse then seeing someone join a gym and spend X money and quit like 4 weeks in...

Buy dried kidney beans, brown rice, oats, get chicken breasts or even thighs and trim the skin and alot of the fat of (some fat is great for bulking) cause they are way cheaper. Milk is cheap, tuna is good.

Ted2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ted2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ted2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ted2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ted2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ted2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ted2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ted2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ted2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i make my own yogurt. cheap, no extra sugar, and i digest it way better than milk. look it up, its really easy

JP-UK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Pasta, you can get big bags V cheap same for brown rice!

Tuna and chicken aslo reasonable!

Ted2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ted2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ted2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ted2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ted2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ted2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ted2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ted2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ted2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    yeah, i just found some kind of grain pasta, not whole wheat, its barillo brand, made with rye and assorted other stuff. claims complete protein and like 100 grams to the box, which costs three dollars. plenty good complex carbs and fiber. tastes good, its a winner so far

toddchaney has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by flashbang23 View Post
    Hi, I am a student and do not have a lot of money to buy tons of protein powder and supps. What are some foods that are relatively cheap, but still healthy and good for bb. Foods that I can get in mass quantities and eat all day.

So far i have:

Tuna salad
    ?Potato salad?

Go for ready to use beef briskets or hamburger sliders available in the market. They are rich in protein and also light on pockets. You can try Classic Foods.

necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by toddchaney View Post
    Go for ready to use beef briskets or hamburger sliders available in the market. They are rich in protein and also light on pockets. You can try Classic Foods.

Better call Doc Brown to deliver that message.
    Delirious Mutant.

Daniel0636 is just really nice. (+1000) Daniel0636 is just really nice. (+1000) Daniel0636 is just really nice. (+1000) Daniel0636 is just really nice. (+1000) Daniel0636 is just really nice. (+1000) Daniel0636 is just really nice. (+1000) Daniel0636 is just really nice. (+1000) Daniel0636 is just really nice. (+1000) Daniel0636 is just really nice. (+1000) Daniel0636 is just really nice. (+1000) Daniel0636 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Hi, I am a student and do not have alot of money to buy tons of protien powder and supps. What are some foods that are relatively cheap, but still healthy and good for bb. Foods that I can get in mass quantaties and eat all day.

So far i have:

Tuna salad
    ?Potato salad?

I'm also a student.
    For protein:
    - I drink quite a lot of skimmed milk as it's really cheap
    - I buy and cook chicken/turkey breast in bulk to put in the fridge and just freeze any meat I'm not gonna use straight away
    - I have canned tuna every now and then
    - Kidney beans/lentils are really good if you put them with rice to make a complete protein and they are SO cheap!

Carbs:
    - Shredded Wheat (I love this!)
    - Rolled Oats
    - Brown Rice
    - I have sweet potatoes every now and then
    - And I have apples, blueberries, frozen broccoli and mixed veg a lot.

Fats
    - You could have whole milk, eggs, I quite like to use almonds/sunflower seeds and olive oil to make sure I get a good amount of vitamin e
    - I have Pizza or pork/beef every now and then as well
    Last edited by Daniel0636; 01-30-2013 at 07:31 AM.

VeggieRoe is on a distinguished road. (+10) VeggieRoe is on a distinguished road. (+10) VeggieRoe is on a distinguished road. (+10) VeggieRoe is on a distinguished road. (+10) VeggieRoe is on a distinguished road. (+10) VeggieRoe is on a distinguished road. (+10) VeggieRoe is on a distinguished road. (+10) VeggieRoe is on a distinguished road. (+10) VeggieRoe is on a distinguished road. (+10) VeggieRoe is on a distinguished road. (+10) VeggieRoe is on a distinguished road. (+10)

So far i have:

Tuna salad
    ?Potato salad?

Soymilk is cheap so is peanut butter and frozen fruits like strawberries

VeggieRoe is on a distinguished road. (+10) VeggieRoe is on a distinguished road. (+10) VeggieRoe is on a distinguished road. (+10) VeggieRoe is on a distinguished road. (+10) VeggieRoe is on a distinguished road. (+10) VeggieRoe is on a distinguished road. (+10) VeggieRoe is on a distinguished road. (+10) VeggieRoe is on a distinguished road. (+10) VeggieRoe is on a distinguished road. (+10) VeggieRoe is on a distinguished road. (+10) VeggieRoe is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Ted2 View Post
    yeah, i just found some kind of grain pasta, not whole wheat, its barillo brand, made with rye and assorted other stuff. claims complete protein and like 100 grams to the box, which costs three dollars. plenty good complex carbs and fiber. tastes good, its a winner so far
    Barillo is a good brand, dont get the generic brand tho depending on where your shopping. Target has an amazing store brand for grain pasta thats high in protein and fiber... I think its the market pantry or something like that