Thread: corn?

Registered User whitechococlate's Avatar
    whitechococlate is on a distinguished road. (+10) whitechococlate is on a distinguished road. (+10) whitechococlate is on a distinguished road. (+10) whitechococlate is on a distinguished road. (+10) whitechococlate is on a distinguished road. (+10) whitechococlate is on a distinguished road. (+10) whitechococlate is on a distinguished road. (+10) whitechococlate is on a distinguished road. (+10) whitechococlate is on a distinguished road. (+10) whitechococlate is on a distinguished road. (+10) whitechococlate is on a distinguished road. (+10)

corn?

ive read and head that 2gether beans and corn provide all the essential amino accids and that corn is a great carb for you. Is this true? Ive head some ppl here say it was too starchy or wasent very nutrient dense, but i dont realy remember. what do you guys think of corn? (corn on the cob, frozen organic yellow corn)

Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000) Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000) Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000) Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000) Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000) Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000) Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000) Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000) Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000) Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000) Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000)
    "Too starchy?" It's a starchy carb, that's the point. It's not one of the more nutrient dense starchy carbs, but it does the job, and if you eat a balanced diet, it's perfectly fine.

The Solution has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by whitechococlate View Post
    ive read and head that 2gether beans and corn provide all the essential amino accids and that corn is a great carb for you. Is this true? Ive head some ppl here say it was too starchy or wasent very nutrient dense, but i dont realy remember. what do you guys think of corn? (corn on the cob, frozen organic yellow corn)
    did i just hear you say corn and beans give u all the amino acids u need?

corn is a starchy veggie.. how can that give u amino acids when those are the building blocks of protein

ever heard of google.com?

i think you should try it out sometime and type in CORN.. and see the results you can get

there are a lot better carb sources out there then corn will be.. such as fibrous veggies like greens or complex like oats, ww bread

just my 2 cents

Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000) Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000) Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000) Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000) Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000) Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000) Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000) Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000) Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000) Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000) Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by LayzieBone085 View Post
    did i just hear you say corn and beans give u all the amino acids u need?

corn is a starchy veggie.. how can that give u amino acids when those are the building blocks of protein
    Corn and beans each contain incomplete amino acid profiles that when combined complete the profile, although there is some debate about "protein combining" and whether it's even necessary to reap the benefits of a certain protein..

ever heard of google.com?
    There was no need to be a smart@ss, particularly when you're wrong as I explained previously, and will go on to demonstrate further.

i think you should try it out sometime and type in CORN.. and see the results you can get

there are a lot better carb sources out there then corn will be.. such as fibrous veggies like greens or complex like oats, ww bread

just my 2 cents
    Corn IS a complex carb, as are all starches. It's not as nutrient dense as some, but for those of us with sensitive digestive systems, it's very easy on the stomach, and as I pointed out, it'll do the job. I ate grits at breakfast this morning. I'd just get something like potatoes in their too at some point.

Originally Posted by Aindreas View Post
    Corn and beans each contain incomplete amino acid profiles that when combined complete the profile, although there is some debate about "protein combining" and whether it's even necessary to reap the benefits of a certain protein..

There was no need to be a smart@ss, particularly when you're wrong as I explained previously, and will go on to demonstrate further.

Corn IS a complex carb, as are all starches. It's not as nutrient dense as some, but for those of us with sensitive digestive systems, it's very easy on the stomach, and as I pointed out, it'll do the job. I ate grits at breakfast this morning. I'd just get something like potatoes in their too at some point.

id say its pretty easy on the stomach because it usually comes out whole out of ur ass after ur done eating it!
    seeing u have that stomach disease or infection.. what things can u not consume that would be harsh on ur stomach? just curious..

id say its pretty easy on the stomach because it usually comes out whole out of ur ass after ur done eating it!
    seeing u have that stomach disease or infection.. what things can u not consume that would be harsh on ur stomach? just curious..
    Most likely Coeliac disease, which will probably be confirmed tomorrow, as well as lactose intolerence. Basically, I have a reaction to gluten, and I have to stay away from all wheat products, oats, barley, rye, and things of that nature. It sucks because I basically can't eat bread or pasta anymore unless it's labeled gluten free. I figured this out by cutting those foods out completely, and I feel better right now than I have in months. I'd swell up and bloat like no tomorrow, and I'd either be constipated or pooping every 15 minutes.

The skin/lining of the corn passes through you, but you still absorb the nutrients in it or it would have no nutritional value. There's no reason to avoid corn if you like it.

Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I'm pretty sure corn is bad on my stomach, Aindreas. It doesn't bloat you?

And pumpkin seeds were killing me

in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

just my 2 cents
    I just did, and look - a whole bunch of sites pimping corn

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=corn

You've seriously got to ease up on the typographical vomit.
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Originally Posted by Sibrek View Post
    I'm pretty sure corn is bad on my stomach, Aindreas. It doesn't bloat you?

And pumpkin seeds were killing m
    Nope, I've eaten a lot of it the last couple of days. But like I said, I think my biggest problem is gluten, which corn fortunately doesn't contain.

Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I thought i might have coeliac but all tests came back negative. The Dr. did say that anyone cutting out gluten would probably feel better simply because youre removing so many things, though.

Originally Posted by Sibrek View Post
    I thought i might have coeliac but all tests came back negative. The Dr. did say that anyone cutting out gluten would probably feel better simply because youre removing so many things, though.
    Well I know that oats don't actually contain gluten, but they do bad things to me as well, so I don't really know what the problem is. What kind of tests did they do to figure this stuff out, was it just a simple blood test?

Oh just a couple of different coeliac tests(Blood). I also got a bunch of other tests including the one where you drink that nasty white **** to try to see if anything was up, and pretty much the only problem that could be found was an open something valve, which causes more gas storage.

PROT will become famous soon enough. (+50) PROT will become famous soon enough. (+50) PROT will become famous soon enough. (+50) PROT will become famous soon enough. (+50) PROT will become famous soon enough. (+50) PROT will become famous soon enough. (+50) PROT will become famous soon enough. (+50) PROT will become famous soon enough. (+50) PROT will become famous soon enough. (+50) PROT will become famous soon enough. (+50) PROT will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Corn is contaminated with fungus and so are most grains

people think they have celiac disease when their bodies are just reacting to feeding the yeast problems they have. I have posted this site before http://www.know-the-cause.com/ as a reference to the "phase one diet" which controls yeast, fungus, and mold in the body by eliminating sugars, grains, corn , and peanuts. Aindreas has the worst friggin diet I've ever seen and is always giving advice, although he says he has celiac disease and lactose intolerance. Hes obviously not a good source of nutritional info as he just likes to argue and doesnt have his house in order.

Reference the site I posted and learn about the etiology of disease. Most of the "failure to thrive" diseases are caused by mycotoxins eating holes in our intestines and setting off immune reactions.

The so called paleo diet controls fungus as do most keto diets because they eliminate foods(starches) like grains and sugars which these things feed on. Thats why people feel better. In addition there are natural substances which fight fungus in the body. The best is oil of Oregano. The site referenced is run by a "food allergist" with over 30 years experience. He often recommends drugs such as Nysatin and diflucan for short periods to eliminate the infection while using the diet to control it in the future.

Most likely Coeliac disease, which will probably be confirmed tomorrow, as well as lactose intolerence. Basically, I have a reaction to gluten, and I have to stay away from all wheat products, oats, barley, rye, and things of that nature. It sucks because I basically can't eat bread or pasta anymore unless it's labeled gluten free. I figured this out by cutting those foods out completely, and I feel better right now than I have in months. I'd swell up and bloat like no tomorrow, and I'd either be constipated or pooping every 15 minutes.

The skin/lining of the corn passes through you, but you still absorb the nutrients in it or it would have no nutritional value. There's no reason to avoid corn if you like it.
    holy **** man.. is that a genetic kind of thing that runs through the family? or how does 1 develop that.. even eating 4k cals a day like u do.. without bread or pasta it must be hard.. i take in 3k without eating those ( i havent had pasta or braed in prob years) but still that a very strange disorder.. best of luck to you on that bro.. any thing to treat it?

yea i figured u would still absorb it.. i still rather eat greens over starchy veggies tho.. i think they are tastier

grapemaster is just really nice. (+1000) grapemaster is just really nice. (+1000) grapemaster is just really nice. (+1000) grapemaster is just really nice. (+1000) grapemaster is just really nice. (+1000) grapemaster is just really nice. (+1000) grapemaster is just really nice. (+1000) grapemaster is just really nice. (+1000) grapemaster is just really nice. (+1000) grapemaster is just really nice. (+1000) grapemaster is just really nice. (+1000)
    rice homie... good filler. same with corn ... potatos. yams. all cheap.
    @__@

Originally Posted by grapemaster View Post
    rice homie... good filler. same with corn ... potatos. yams. all cheap.
    brown rice and sweet potatoes (yams) my 2 staples down here at school! coulndt go without em in a day.. thast literally all i eat for my complex carbs and oatmeal.. other then that its fibrous veggies

brown rice and sweet potatoes (yams) my 2 staples down here at school! coulndt go without em in a day.. thast literally all i eat for my complex carbs and oatmeal.. other then that its fibrous veggies
    Yeah, I don't particularly like rice, so I eat a lot of sweet potatoes. I like redskin potatoes too, it's just the Irish ones I can't stand, ironic considering my ancestry. They make a lot of gluten free breads and hot cereals and whatnot from stuff like sorghum, millet, flax, etc. The banana bread I have right now is millet/flax, for instance.

Greens and fibrous carbs are all well and good, but quantity-wise, you're not gonna get the bang for your buck you would from a starchy vegetable like corn. I mean, you eat sweetpotatoes, don't you? I consider fibrous veggies to be a source of fiber and vitamins and minerals, not a carb source, whereas corn is a carb source.

PatMac is on a distinguished road. (+10) PatMac is on a distinguished road. (+10) PatMac is on a distinguished road. (+10) PatMac is on a distinguished road. (+10) PatMac is on a distinguished road. (+10) PatMac is on a distinguished road. (+10) PatMac is on a distinguished road. (+10) PatMac is on a distinguished road. (+10) PatMac is on a distinguished road. (+10) PatMac is on a distinguished road. (+10) PatMac is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Yeah, I don't particularly like rice, so I eat a lot of sweet potatoes. I like redskin potatoes too, it's just the Irish ones I can't stand, ironic considering my ancestry. They make a lot of gluten free breads and hot cereals and whatnot from stuff like sorghum, millet, flax, etc. The banana bread I have right now is millet/flax, for instance.

Greens and fibrous carbs are all well and good, but quantity-wise, you're not gonna get the bang for your buck you would from a starchy vegetable like corn. I mean, you eat sweetpotatoes, don't you? I consider fibrous veggies to be a source of fiber and vitamins and minerals, not a carb source, whereas corn is a carb source.
    Your a disgrace to Ireland
    -Triathlete

Log:
    http://www.forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=101968991#post101968991

Originally Posted by PROT View Post
    Aindreas has the worst friggin diet I've ever seen and is always giving advice, although he says he has celiac disease and lactose intolerance. Hes obviously not a good source of nutritional info as he just likes to argue and doesnt have his house in order.
    Umm..how so, exactly? I don't know that I have Coeliac, I just strongly suspect it. And for the record, the last conversation we had, you were talking about food allergies; lactose intolerance is not one.