Bodybuilding.com Information Motivation Supplementation
in:

The World’s #1 Bodybuilding And Fitness Forum - Save Up To 50% Off Retail Prices In Our Bodybuilding.com Store!

BodyPoints: 761
    voi is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Visit voi's BodySpace

Too much of l-arginie, l-lysine, l-carnitine, tribulus a bad thing?

Hay guys, Im new to the forum so if ive made a thread in the wrong section I do apologise.

basically I would like to know if you take too much of l-arginine, l-lysine, l-carnitine, tribulus all at once if its bad for you? would it anihilate your kidneys in time?

le

THANK U 4 BEIN A FRIEND WordzWorf's Avatar
    Stats: 5'10", 195 lbs
    BodyPoints: 8819
    WordzWorf has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WordzWorf has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WordzWorf has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WordzWorf has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WordzWorf has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WordzWorf has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WordzWorf has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WordzWorf has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WordzWorf has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WordzWorf has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WordzWorf has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Visit WordzWorf's BodySpace
    How much is "too much"???.What kinda doses and at what times are you taking them.Please write this out so people can help/advise you better.

Tribulus is usually taken in doses of 500-1000mg 3 times a day.

Arginien depending what kind is a few grams pre workout and maybe before bed if being used for GH secretion(not saying it works for that).
    "One morning I woke up and found my favorite pigeon, Julius, had died I was devastated and was gonna use his crate as my stickball bat to honor him. I left the crate on my stoop and went in to get something and I returned to see the sanitation man put the crate into the crusher. I rushed him and caught him flush on the temple with a titanic right hand he was out cold, convulsing on the floor like a infantile retard." -Mike Tyson

BodyPoints: 761
    voi is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Visit voi's BodySpace
    sorry, say about, this is in miligrams as i dont know how to convert to grams.

1 day;
    arginine- 2137mg
    carnitine- 500mg
    lysine- 8227mg
    tribulus- 1850mg
    Last edited by voi; 10-08-2007 at 05:04 AM.
    Patience.

THANK U 4 BEIN A FRIEND WordzWorf's Avatar
    Stats: 5'10", 195 lbs
    BodyPoints: 8819
    WordzWorf has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WordzWorf has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WordzWorf has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WordzWorf has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WordzWorf has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WordzWorf has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WordzWorf has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WordzWorf has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WordzWorf has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WordzWorf has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WordzWorf has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Visit WordzWorf's BodySpace
    1000mg = 1 gram.

The Arginine and Tribulus doses look good.Are you takin the Arginine pre-workout??

The Carnitine is low,most people take atleast a gram at a time a few times a day.Is this also pre-workout for fat loss effect??

The Lysine I can't really comment on as I have never supplemented with it myself,I know if you get Cold Sores,Arginine may cause them to pop up so you take Lysine to counter this effect.
    "One morning I woke up and found my favorite pigeon, Julius, had died I was devastated and was gonna use his crate as my stickball bat to honor him. I left the crate on my stoop and went in to get something and I returned to see the sanitation man put the crate into the crusher. I rushed him and caught him flush on the temple with a titanic right hand he was out cold, convulsing on the floor like a infantile retard." -Mike Tyson

Acerman34 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

if its natural you can't take too much!

L-Arginine, L-Lysine, and L-Carnitine are natural aminos, therefore you body will be able to metabolise any amounts that are not used without harming your kidneys and liver. These are not animal steroids or synthetic steroids, which are foreign to the human liver.

Originally Posted by voi View Post
    Hay guys, Im new to the forum so if ive made a thread in the wrong section I do apologise.

basically I would like to know if you take too much of l-arginine, l-lysine, l-carnitine, tribulus all at once if its bad for you? would it anihilate your kidneys in time?

le

Acerman34 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Make sure you drink plenty of water

If you are taking more than 1500 mg a day of L-Carnitine, make sure that you listen to your body and drink plenty of water to help your liver metabolise any amounts not used. If you do not feel good, go ahead and ease back. The good thing is that L-Carnitine is found naturally in foods and there is little danger in taking to much, for this reason! More than 1500 mg a workout is usually more than enough!!
    Originally Posted by voi View Post

le