JJ_Fit has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JJ_Fit has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JJ_Fit has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JJ_Fit has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JJ_Fit has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JJ_Fit has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JJ_Fit has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JJ_Fit has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JJ_Fit has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JJ_Fit has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JJ_Fit has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Question Caffeine and Cortisol

Hi all,

I was recently reading some of the general supplement threads about the effects of caffeine on belly fat retention due to elevated cortisol levels.

One guy said and I quote, " Once I gave up the caffeine, the belly fat melted off."

How do you feel about this statement? Has anyone else read this sort of research? If so, could you point me to a book / website where I may read up on it?

Cheers,

JJ

Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by JJ_Fit
    Hi all,

I was recently reading some of the general supplement threads about the effects of caffeine on belly fat retention due to elevated cortisol levels.

One guy said and I quote, " Once I gave up the caffeine, the belly fat melted off."

How do you feel about this statement? Has anyone else read this sort of research? If so, could you point me to a book / website where I may read up on it?

Cheers,

JJ
    Caffeine does increase cortisol release (which can, when chronic, cause central fat to increase)... Caffeine will also decrease your insulin sensitivity (which can also increase central fat)....

But as for 'melting off' fat as a result of removing it from your diet - not likely. At the end of the day massive changes in weight are going to come down to calorie intake/expenditure.

As for links:
    Caffeine
    Caffeine and stress
    More caffeine stuff
    Caffeine, insulin and exercise
    Caffeine and stress
    Caffeine and ACTH release

terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Emma - your first link doesnt work.
    31-26-36.

Mother of 3

www.hotnfit.com - need help with fat loss, muscle gain, or having a healthy pregnancy? Visit my site! Yes safe for work and mobile friendly :)

www.********.com/hotnfitcom

Registered User sunnydelightcmb's Avatar
    sunnydelightcmb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sunnydelightcmb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sunnydelightcmb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sunnydelightcmb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sunnydelightcmb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sunnydelightcmb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sunnydelightcmb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sunnydelightcmb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sunnydelightcmb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sunnydelightcmb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sunnydelightcmb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Yea right

Seriously, **** any comments dissing caffeine. Half the reason people associate caffeine with "gaining weight" is because they get their intakes from 24oz. 9 pump sugary toffeenut sytup lattes with extra whip cream. Moderate caffeine intake is not only harmless, but can do a body very well. I work at starbucks, so you can trust me on this. Freshly brewed coffee contains many antioxidants and gives you an AWESOME boost before a workout. Try to drink it black or lightly sweetened. A cup of coffee only has 5ish calories. Use equal and your'e set. ALSO, contrary to common belief, including those of physicians, coffee DOES count towards your daily water intake. It just should not be your only source of fluid througout the day.

klj has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) klj has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) klj has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) klj has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) klj has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) klj has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) klj has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) klj has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) klj has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) klj has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) klj has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I don't know about you all, but coffee (lightly sweetend/black) and diet coke are my vices (within moderatation of course). There is no way I could or would want to take this out of my diet. Thanks sunnydelightcmb for putting some of my thoughts about caffiene at ease, and thanks Emma-Leigh for the links - very informative!

Kelly
    Sometimes in parenthood, life is about feeding the mouth that bites you!

mommy*2*3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommy*2*3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommy*2*3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommy*2*3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommy*2*3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommy*2*3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommy*2*3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommy*2*3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommy*2*3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommy*2*3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommy*2*3 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I have hear about cafeeine inhibiting fat loss. I've also read that caffeene helps speed up your metabolism. There's a lot of contradicting information out there. I can just tell you that if it wasn't for a cup of black coffee with splenda, I would be eating a cookie or a piece of chocolate. So which one is going to make me put of weight...hmmm....coffee has like 7 calories and a cookie like 70!
    I just can't give it up! The one thing I do at home is mix 1/2 decaf with regular when I brew a pot. It tastes great and I have 1/2 the caffeine.

Registered User sunnydelightcmb's Avatar
    sunnydelightcmb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sunnydelightcmb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sunnydelightcmb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sunnydelightcmb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sunnydelightcmb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sunnydelightcmb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sunnydelightcmb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sunnydelightcmb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sunnydelightcmb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sunnydelightcmb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sunnydelightcmb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I brew mine at half calf most of the time too!