How Much 4 Your Placebo? Newport Surfer's Avatar
    Newport Surfer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Newport Surfer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Newport Surfer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Newport Surfer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Newport Surfer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Newport Surfer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Newport Surfer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Newport Surfer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Newport Surfer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Newport Surfer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Newport Surfer is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

I have made a decision

I have been torn between either bulking or cutting and I have finally made a decision. I am 6' 167 and 18-19% BF. Either I bulk and gain some more fat or cut and lose it all and lose a bit of weight.

Well I think I am going to diet until I can see my 6 pack and then start bulking again from there. I might as well for summer. I am sick of being skinny fat and I would rather just be skinny/toned first and then get some meat on me.

So here it goes my lovely cut. I'm not looking forward to it but oh well you gotta do it sometimes.

Hopefully some supplements can speed the process along...

Ephedrine + Blue Rhino (Trib + Caffeine + Y) + Green Tea
    Fish Oil
    Sesathin
    Substance WPI/Xtend Grape & Watermelon
    Casein Blend

Any advice is appreciated as I have never done a cut before and actually went through with it. I hate not being able to eat.
    CURRENT SUPPS: ABB Maxx Recovery, AOR Greens n' Berries, UP 2.0, Liquid Fish Oil

UNBIASED ADVICE BASED ON 5 YEARS OF TRYING PRETTY MUCH EVERYTHING OUT THERE.

RAISE YOUR TESTOSTERONE NATURALLY !!!

[url]http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=461291[/url]

DUILEE will become famous soon enough. (+50) DUILEE will become famous soon enough. (+50) DUILEE will become famous soon enough. (+50) DUILEE will become famous soon enough. (+50) DUILEE will become famous soon enough. (+50) DUILEE will become famous soon enough. (+50) DUILEE will become famous soon enough. (+50) DUILEE will become famous soon enough. (+50) DUILEE will become famous soon enough. (+50) DUILEE will become famous soon enough. (+50) DUILEE will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Don't rely on supplements for cutting. Diet is the most important factor when it comes to cutting the fat.
    If you were a hotdog would you eat yourself?

Troll Bashing ain't easy! Flagg3's Avatar
    Flagg3 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Flagg3 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Flagg3 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Flagg3 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Flagg3 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Flagg3 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Flagg3 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Flagg3 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Flagg3 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Flagg3 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Flagg3 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Newport Surfer
    I have been torn between either bulking or cutting and I have finally made a decision. I am 6' 167 and 18-19% BF. Either I bulk and gain some more fat or cut and lose it all and lose a bit of weight.

Well I think I am going to diet until I can see my 6 pack and then start bulking again from there. I might as well for summer. I am sick of being skinny fat and I would rather just be skinny/toned first and then get some meat on me.

So here it goes my lovely cut. I'm not looking forward to it but oh well you gotta do it sometimes.

Hopefully some supplements can speed the process along...

Ephedrine + Blue Rhino (Trib + Caffeine + Y) + Green Tea
    Fish Oil
    Sesathin
    Substance WPI/Xtend Grape & Watermelon
    Casein Blend

Any advice is appreciated as I have never done a cut before and actually went through with it. I hate not being able to eat.

I understand the desire to cut first, but at your bodyfat level you really don't have very much muscle mass to being with.

Realistically, if you can cleanly add 10-15lbs of muscle, your frame will fill out, your bodyfat percentage will go down and you will look much leaner and healthier.

Just my opinion.

Good Luck!
    Flagg
    No ads here!

The opinions expressed above are my personal opinion.
    I have absolutely no affiliation with any supplement companies, and have never had any vested interest in any supplements of any kind.

DRU1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DRU1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DRU1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DRU1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DRU1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DRU1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DRU1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DRU1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DRU1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DRU1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DRU1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    How are you fat skinny? ......well i guess it is possible......you cant be too fat, so i would go ahead and make it a lean bulk. Keep trying to add weight, but do a good diet.....bust your abs up every other day, and maybe a little cardio, but i wouldnt cut with the weight your at already.....jsut my opinion, not that it really matters.
    FOR SALE: Iraqi rifle. Never fired. Dropped once.

"Suffer the pain of discipline or suffer the pain of regret."

"Evil can only be conquered by good men doing nothing."

Newport Surfer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Newport Surfer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Newport Surfer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Newport Surfer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Newport Surfer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Newport Surfer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Newport Surfer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Newport Surfer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Newport Surfer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Newport Surfer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Newport Surfer is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I Just always thought that if I cut down to 10% and clean bulked I'd be better off in the long run. Say I lose 12 pounds of fat and then bulked up from there. You don't think I'd be better off?

I can't make up my mind dammit. So I should clean bulk instead? Ok if the majority think it's a better idea to clean bulk than cut then I will change my mind but I'll stick with it this time.
    CURRENT SUPPS: ABB Maxx Recovery, AOR Greens n' Berries, UP 2.0, Liquid Fish Oil

CatDaddy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Flagg3
    I understand the desire to cut first, but at your bodyfat level you really don't have very much muscle mass to being with.

Realistically, if you can cleanly add 10-15lbs of muscle, your frame will fill out, your bodyfat percentage will go down and you will look much leaner and healthier.

Just my opinion.

Good Luck!
    Flagg
    Ditto. Reps to Flagg.

At 6' 167#s, you need some MUSCLE dude. Lift heavy and bulk ..... alot. I'd check T-levels too, and get em up.

Mr. Owl ate my metal worm trunkmonkey's Avatar
    trunkmonkey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) trunkmonkey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) trunkmonkey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) trunkmonkey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) trunkmonkey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) trunkmonkey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) trunkmonkey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) trunkmonkey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) trunkmonkey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) trunkmonkey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) trunkmonkey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Flagg3

Just my opinion.

Good Luck!
    Flagg
    i agree bro, i am 6'5" 210 lbs, around 15% bf, and i am gonna put on another 10-15 before i cut.

Originally Posted by CatDaddy
    Ditto. Reps to Flagg.

At 6' 167#s, you need some MUSCLE dude. Lift heavy and bulk ..... alot. I'd check T-levels too, and get em up.
    You have no reps to give him...

I will get my test checked but I think it's ok. I have good sex drive, get morning wood pretty consistently and I have good energy levels. But I have insurance so I'll get it done and cholesterol while I am at it.

Troll Bashing ain't easy! Flagg3's Avatar
    Flagg3 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Flagg3 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Flagg3 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Flagg3 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Flagg3 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Flagg3 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Flagg3 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Flagg3 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Flagg3 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Flagg3 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Flagg3 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Newport Surfer
    I Just always thought that if I cut down to 10% and clean bulked I'd be better off in the long run. Say I lose 12 pounds of fat and then bulked up from there. You don't think I'd be better off?

I can't make up my mind dammit. So I should clean bulk instead? Ok if the majority think it's a better idea to clean bulk than cut then I will change my mind but I'll stick with it this time.
    Not sure how you got banned, but anyway...

The reason everyone recommends that you bulk first is because even though your flabby, your still underweight! That means that you have VERY LITTLE muscle mass in your body, and the reason you are 'skinny fat' is because your muscle mass percentage is far under what it should be for your frame. By adding muscle mass, even if your total body fat stays the same, as a percentage of body weight it will drop. When your base has so little muscle to being with, even at 10% bodyfat you still won't look ripped, and you almost definitely won't have a sixpack, because it's not under there to begin with!

In your situation, the best way to improve your appearance is to ADD muscle first. Adding muscle will fill out your frame, and also assist in raising your metabolism so it will also help to burn fat. If you can add 15lbs of clean muscle to your frame, you won't look flabby anymore, you'll appear much more defined and even your clothes will fit you better. If you try to drop fat first, all you'll succeed in doing is lowering your metabolism even further, and it will be that much harder to clean bulk in the future.

More important than supplements is for you to get your diet in check first. Check out the nutrition section and try to put together a clean diet that will help you bulk up cleanly. After that you can worry about supplements.

Flagg
    No ads here!

The opinions expressed above are my personal opinion.
    I have absolutely no affiliation with any supplement companies, and have never had any vested interest in any supplements of any kind.

Malbolgia will become famous soon enough. (+50) Malbolgia will become famous soon enough. (+50) Malbolgia will become famous soon enough. (+50) Malbolgia will become famous soon enough. (+50) Malbolgia will become famous soon enough. (+50) Malbolgia will become famous soon enough. (+50) Malbolgia will become famous soon enough. (+50) Malbolgia will become famous soon enough. (+50) Malbolgia will become famous soon enough. (+50) Malbolgia will become famous soon enough. (+50) Malbolgia will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I agree with what most of these guys are saying. You ought to bulk a little bit. I'm 6' 1'' and weigh 230 right now at about 15% BF. If you bulk the right way, you should be able to add more lean mass, and perhaps even lose some BF in the process.

by the way, where do you train?
    "I've gotta say what I've gotta say and then I swear I'll go away, but I can't promise you'll enjoy the noise"

Registered User Newport Surfer2's Avatar
    Newport Surfer2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Newport Surfer2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Newport Surfer2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Newport Surfer2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Newport Surfer2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Newport Surfer2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Newport Surfer2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Anyone want to tell me why I got Banned? That's BS.