Logax has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question Replacing benchpress barbell with dumbells

Hello,
    So i've been lifting for about month and a half now and i think i'm doing something wrong when it comes to benchpress, a friend told me that i'm raising uneven and also it's not straight , like my right arm is pushing slightly forward or my left is pushing back, i don't really know, you can notice it if you look from up or from the side, i tried to fix this but i couldn't know if i did or not but i feel my right arm is doing more work, so can i just use dumbell press for now until i feel both sides are equal ?

MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Just swapping to dumbells will NOT fix this, they Will still move unevenly as its you and not the bar that is the problem.

You need to drop the weight and fix your form and setup .. period.

Pay particular attention to your scapula (Shoulder blades) being back snd down and NOT spreading. Keeping you chest up, Shoulders down and feet still.

Don't take this post to be, dumbells aren't excellent! they are.. but just not the fix you are looking for.

Form video? Could really help us identify this issue and nail the form fix
    FMH crew - Couch.

'pick a program from the stickies' = biggest cop out post.

vsetka will become famous soon enough. (+50) vsetka will become famous soon enough. (+50) vsetka will become famous soon enough. (+50) vsetka will become famous soon enough. (+50) vsetka will become famous soon enough. (+50) vsetka will become famous soon enough. (+50) vsetka will become famous soon enough. (+50) vsetka will become famous soon enough. (+50) vsetka will become famous soon enough. (+50) vsetka will become famous soon enough. (+50) vsetka will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Logax View Post
    Hello,
    So i've been lifting for about month and a half now and i think i'm doing something wrong when it comes to benchpress, a friend told me that i'm raising uneven and also it's not straight , like my right arm is pushing slightly forward or my left is pushing back, i don't really know, you can notice it if you look from up or from the side, i tried to fix this but i couldn't know if i did or not but i feel my right arm is doing more work, so can i just use dumbell press for now until i feel both sides are equal ?
    I think everyone had that problem as a beginner. For me, it solved itself after few months, but yeah, you could lower the weight a bit and work on your setup and focus on staying tight.
    My PPL log: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=177123861&pagenumber=

RunWithForrest has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RunWithForrest has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RunWithForrest has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RunWithForrest has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RunWithForrest has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RunWithForrest has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RunWithForrest has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RunWithForrest has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RunWithForrest has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RunWithForrest has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RunWithForrest has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Recently had similar issues and my wrists were hurting when I benched. Dropped weight and have been working on form and grip. I've seen improvement and way better gains.

pringleeater has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pringleeater has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by RunWithForrest View Post
    Recently had similar issues and my wrists were hurting when I benched. Dropped weight and have been working on form and grip. I've seen improvement and way better gains.
    That was a HUGE issue for me when I first started. One of my wrists I hurt messing with dumbells, but the other one I didn't recall injuring, it just hurt. I tried moving up more slowly after that. I took a two week break first which completely healed my wrists. It was a long time of not going to the gym, but my wrists where in just too much pain when ever I did anything.

Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I would video tape yourself and then maybe post it here for some better answers.