fastrunner is not very well liked. (-100) fastrunner is not very well liked. (-100) fastrunner is not very well liked. (-100) fastrunner is not very well liked. (-100) fastrunner is not very well liked. (-100) fastrunner is not very well liked. (-100) fastrunner is not very well liked. (-100) fastrunner is not very well liked. (-100) fastrunner is not very well liked. (-100) fastrunner is not very well liked. (-100) fastrunner is not very well liked. (-100)

Wink correct form while bench pressing

I am somewhat new to bench press. Today, when I was attempting bench press at my gym, someone advised me 'don't bounce. use less weight but do bench press in proper form'. He told me to bring the bar down to almost touch the chest, hold it there & then lift up. I was bringing the bar down quickly & lifting up fast. Was it wrong on my part? Was his advice to do bench presses slowly correct?
    But if I don't insert more weights, how am I going to progress towards lifting more weights?
    Thanks

gymratluke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gymratluke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gymratluke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gymratluke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gymratluke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gymratluke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gymratluke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gymratluke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gymratluke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gymratluke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gymratluke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    If you go fast and bounce, you'll hurt yourself then you definately wont be progressing! Bring the bar down slow, TOUCH the chest, pause just briefly, then press up. Inhale on the way down, exhale on the way up.

Jules Verne is just really nice. (+1000) Jules Verne is just really nice. (+1000) Jules Verne is just really nice. (+1000) Jules Verne is just really nice. (+1000) Jules Verne is just really nice. (+1000) Jules Verne is just really nice. (+1000) Jules Verne is just really nice. (+1000) Jules Verne is just really nice. (+1000) Jules Verne is just really nice. (+1000) Jules Verne is just really nice. (+1000) Jules Verne is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by gymratluke View Post
    TOUCH the chest,
    Mabye.....

There's a long thread on this....http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=4951303

But definitely no bouncing! A slight pause won't hurt, and is probably a good idea if you have been bouncing it a bit.

JoeySea is on a distinguished road. (+10) JoeySea is on a distinguished road. (+10) JoeySea is on a distinguished road. (+10) JoeySea is on a distinguished road. (+10) JoeySea is on a distinguished road. (+10) JoeySea is on a distinguished road. (+10) JoeySea is on a distinguished road. (+10) JoeySea is on a distinguished road. (+10) JoeySea is on a distinguished road. (+10) JoeySea is on a distinguished road. (+10) JoeySea is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Chest up, shoulder blades back, feet planted firmly on the floor, bar to nipples.

marblehead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) marblehead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) marblehead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) marblehead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) marblehead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) marblehead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) marblehead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) marblehead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) marblehead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) marblehead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) marblehead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Milo has a pretty good video demonstrating proper form.

http://thefitshow.com/week3/milos_chest_med.htm
    Brothers of Metal Crew

Steelers

Strip Mining prevents Forest Fires
    UMWA

Mr Vincent will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mr Vincent will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mr Vincent will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mr Vincent will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mr Vincent will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mr Vincent will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mr Vincent will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mr Vincent will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mr Vincent will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mr Vincent will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mr Vincent will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by gymratluke View Post
    If you go fast and bounce, you'll hurt yourself then you definately wont be progressing! Bring the bar down slow, TOUCH the chest, pause just briefly, then press up. Inhale on the way down, exhale on the way up.

Good advice, that's the way I do it.

The other thing I do is to take my gym towel and fold it up a bit and lay it across my chest to provide some padding support.

Also, a note to the TC. You need to hit the chest from different angles. So, eventually you will need to add incline bench work to your flat bench routine.
    The body is a terrible thing to waste.

xcbrabbitxc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xcbrabbitxc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xcbrabbitxc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xcbrabbitxc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xcbrabbitxc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xcbrabbitxc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xcbrabbitxc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xcbrabbitxc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xcbrabbitxc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xcbrabbitxc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xcbrabbitxc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    is it a good aide to use different grips. like in push-ups a close stance will work triceps while a wide stance will do more chest. do the same rules apply for bench?
    You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.

MYSPACE: www.myspace.com/davequeenrocksmysocks