Michelle19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Can someone help me with weight training workout, please? :)

Hello,

I am new to these forums and am trying my best to catch up on all the posts.

I have been lifting weights for quite some time with great gains, BUT I am at a plateau now and ready for a change.

Currently my workout looks like this:

Mon- shoulders/ bi's
    Tuesday- Chest- tri's
    Wednesday -off
    Thursdays- legs
    Fridays- back

I do cardio too but it varies and I work my ab's 2 or 3 times a week.

But now I am wanting to work each body part twice a week as opposed to just one.

I would like a workout I can do on
    Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays.

I have been reading a lot about the push/pull workouts and they seem great. BUT I still have no clue how to design it, and how many exercises I do for each muscle group? HOw many sets? etc?

Can anyone give me some examples of some intermediate to advanced workouts I could do 4 times a week working each body part twice? And what order?

Thanks in advance
    Michelle

aprilai will become famous soon enough. (+50) aprilai will become famous soon enough. (+50) aprilai will become famous soon enough. (+50) aprilai will become famous soon enough. (+50) aprilai will become famous soon enough. (+50) aprilai will become famous soon enough. (+50) aprilai will become famous soon enough. (+50) aprilai will become famous soon enough. (+50) aprilai will become famous soon enough. (+50) aprilai will become famous soon enough. (+50) aprilai will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    what are your goals?

Mon- shoulders/ bi's
    Tuesday- Chest- tri's
    Wednesday -off
    Thursdays- legs
    Fridays- back
    you can switch these in any order you want but don't do back and legs back to back like that. if you're using compound exercises [which you should] then it involves the back a lot, so if you're doing an intense leg day, the day afterwards you shouldn't hitting the back again.
    I WILL be an 18 year old hottie.

"Happiness is not a destination. It is a method of life."

Perpetually Feeding... semiotik's Avatar
    semiotik has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) semiotik has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) semiotik has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) semiotik has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) semiotik has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) semiotik has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) semiotik has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) semiotik has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    It might be wise to group your bodyparts according to push/pull. That means tying back to biceps, shoulder to chest and triceps, and doing legs separately. Aprilai is correct in pointing out that you should not do legs and back together, since deads tend to work legs as well as back, and squats work your core in addition to legs. And I think that you should be focusing on compound movements, like squats and deads and bench presses.

You haven't mentioned your goals, but don't be afraid to utilize all those would-be 'male only' compound exercizes and free weights. But you may very well know this

My suggestion for a four day split:

Day One - Chest, Triceps, Shoulders
    Day Two - Back, Biceps
    Day Three - Rest
    Day Four - Legs
    Day Five - Chest Triceps, Shoulders
    Day Six - Rest
    Day Seven - Rest

Then cycle again, starting with Back and Bis, Legs, rest, chest and tris and shoulders, back and bis, rest rest, and on and on and on, so that one group will be worked twice each week, alternating as the weeks go on.

But of course, you know your body best and what it can handle. Push it, but be safe

Hope that was helpful!

Perpetually Feeding... semiotik's Avatar
    semiotik has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) semiotik has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) semiotik has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) semiotik has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) semiotik has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) semiotik has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) semiotik has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) semiotik has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Whoops, sorry, missed your four day a week request. Hummm...

Any ideas, anyone?

Michelle19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Smile

Thanks so far everyone

My goals are to lose bodyfat and tone up a little bit more.
    I weigh about 132 pounds and have 21% bodyfat.

I know my eating has everything to do with me NOT losing the bodyfat I am trying very hard to eat better, its really difficult for me tho.

But I love the weightlifting, and as I said in my first post I have had great gains this past 6 months or so. But I am way ready for a change.
    Thanks for the advice about the legs and back, I never ever thought abiout that. No wonder why I am super sore today!
    I did heavy legs yesterday and heavy back today!! Oops.

Still would love to do a Mon, tues, thurs, friday routine if possible.

Anyone else?
    Thanks again :-)
    Michelle

irishbuilder will become famous soon enough. (+50) irishbuilder will become famous soon enough. (+50) irishbuilder will become famous soon enough. (+50) irishbuilder will become famous soon enough. (+50) irishbuilder will become famous soon enough. (+50) irishbuilder will become famous soon enough. (+50) irishbuilder will become famous soon enough. (+50) irishbuilder will become famous soon enough. (+50) irishbuilder will become famous soon enough. (+50) irishbuilder will become famous soon enough. (+50) irishbuilder will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Michelle19

Mon- shoulders/ bi's
    Tuesday- Chest- tri's
    Wednesday -off
    Thursdays- legs
    Fridays- back

ah well...this split isnt that efficient...

the fact that your doing shoulders the day b4 chest/tri's bothers me

a better split would be

mon: back/bis
    tues: chest/tris
    weds: off
    thurs: legs
    fri: shoulders/traps

or...

Mon: Chest, Triceps, Abs
    Tue: Back , Biceps
    Wed: Shoulders, Traps, forearms
    Thu: Legs