jakkan33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jakkan33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jakkan33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jakkan33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jakkan33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jakkan33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

The wheel exercise for abs, is it good?

The wheel exercise for abs, is it good? You know which one I mean, the one where you slide forward and back. Is it a good exercise for the abs? Is it bad on the back?

BTW, speaking of abs. In my normal rutine I do cable crunches and leg raises. Is that a good choise of exercises for complete ab training, or is something missing?

Thanks on the help!
    5 8"
    170 lbs
    Getting strong

EctoHooligan is on a distinguished road. (+10) EctoHooligan is on a distinguished road. (+10) EctoHooligan is on a distinguished road. (+10) EctoHooligan is on a distinguished road. (+10) EctoHooligan is on a distinguished road. (+10) EctoHooligan is on a distinguished road. (+10) EctoHooligan is on a distinguished road. (+10) EctoHooligan is on a distinguished road. (+10) EctoHooligan is on a distinguished road. (+10) EctoHooligan is on a distinguished road. (+10) EctoHooligan is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    ab wheel thing: I have one and I use it sporadically. It is a simple technique, but I think it is very effective. Not too many other ab exercises place stress on the muscles when they are in a stretched position.

Cable crunches and leg raises should be enough. Might want to add in some russian twists if your sides aren't growing.
    Spartan #301 (turf toe - missed the big dance)

geoffsherman will become famous soon enough. (+50) geoffsherman will become famous soon enough. (+50) geoffsherman will become famous soon enough. (+50) geoffsherman will become famous soon enough. (+50) geoffsherman will become famous soon enough. (+50) geoffsherman will become famous soon enough. (+50) geoffsherman will become famous soon enough. (+50) geoffsherman will become famous soon enough. (+50) geoffsherman will become famous soon enough. (+50) geoffsherman will become famous soon enough. (+50) geoffsherman will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    In my humble opinion, the wheel is the best exercise for ab development, at least from what I have seen for me and my clients. You can mix this up by going straight ahead and then going out to the sides. Other ab work that I love are hanging raises, not with the knees bent, but straight legged. Add in some twisting cable crunches and you will have hit everything nicely.

jakkan33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jakkan33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jakkan33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jakkan33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jakkan33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jakkan33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Wow.

I didn't think it was good, but I wished it was. I'm very glad for the positive responses. Thanks for answering!
    5 8"
    170 lbs
    Getting strong

chad12121 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chad12121 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chad12121 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chad12121 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chad12121 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chad12121 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chad12121 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chad12121 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chad12121 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chad12121 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chad12121 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Ab wheel will tear your abs apart. My abs were never so sore the day after I first used the ab wheel. It is kind of tricky to do the exercise right though. But if you do it right you will really feel it in your abs. Most people can't do to many at first either, just work your way up.

psychojoe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) psychojoe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) psychojoe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) psychojoe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) psychojoe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) psychojoe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) psychojoe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) psychojoe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) psychojoe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) psychojoe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) psychojoe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    abwheel **** owns, its leet. Just make sure to keep your back rounded at the top position and flat as you extend out.

Its leet to go down, then come up part of the way, and do reps in the middle/lower part of the ROM, which is uber hard, keeping constant tension without a break at the top. Static holds in such positions are leet, werd

--Joe
    5'11", 187lbs, 19 y/o

[DL]
    5 x 302.5 (06.06)
    [Pullups]
    3x3 x +33 (08.06)
    [overhead]
    115 x 3 (09.06)

Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?goto=lastpost&t=633909

E-stats: 6'5" 575lbs 6%BF cheezefacta's Avatar
    cheezefacta has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cheezefacta has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cheezefacta has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cheezefacta has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cheezefacta has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cheezefacta has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cheezefacta has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cheezefacta has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cheezefacta has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cheezefacta has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cheezefacta has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    The Ab wheel OWNS me...the first time I tried that thing i just shot forward and laid face down on the ground for about 5 minutes. Takes a while to get used to but it can really give a good workout.

m27 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Crunches are really the only way to directly stimulate your abdominal muscle. Everything else (leg raises and the like), and your abs are simply "helping" but not really being worked very hard. Don't let lactic acid build-up fool you.

geoffsherman will become famous soon enough. (+50) geoffsherman will become famous soon enough. (+50) geoffsherman will become famous soon enough. (+50) geoffsherman will become famous soon enough. (+50) geoffsherman will become famous soon enough. (+50) geoffsherman will become famous soon enough. (+50) geoffsherman will become famous soon enough. (+50) geoffsherman will become famous soon enough. (+50) geoffsherman will become famous soon enough. (+50) geoffsherman will become famous soon enough. (+50) geoffsherman will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    M27, by your definition, even crunches would not "directly" stimulate the abs since the hip flexors are very involved in a crunch.

Walnut has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Walnut has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Walnut has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Walnut has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Walnut has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Walnut has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Walnut has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Walnut has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Walnut has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Walnut has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Walnut has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I'm not sure what mr. 27 is talking about.. but AB rollers are very good.. I have supplemented my ab work out with the roller for about 4 weeks now and I have notice INCREDIBLE strength difference and I can really feel my abs getting going. I recommend the roller HIGHLY.

I usually do my normal abs in the morning and the roller after my weights in the afternoon.. After doing the roller for a while now I takes soooo many more reps to actually feel anything in my normal cruches work out now..

But working with a partner and the medicine ball also is pretty killer for the abs...